It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,362

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story

“" BITE ME "”

Since: Dec 10

Olney township

#96739 Jan 17, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say the standardization would be the FBI. There's a federal law against interstate transportation of firearms. Sometimes it's the people who are supposed to uphold the law are doing the smuggling.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/26/nyregion/ne...
States aren't whimsical. They answer directly to their people unlike the federal government.
I haven't a problem with states rights.

However, when dealing with a national concern, states are whimsical from it's macro point of view.

Coherence and consistency can best be maintained federally.
Dr Freud

UK

#96740 Jan 17, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I wasn't laughing. Why would I laugh at the truth?
THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS. NO LAUGHING MATTER, BUSTER!
If YOU were as serious as you say, then YOU wouldn't be making ANY of the entirely idiotic remarks to which you are given.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#96741 Jan 17, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Sociopath.
Here's a darned good definition:
http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
Gotta admit: It fits him like a glove!
That describes all politicians and some people on here.......
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#96742 Jan 17, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's say your kid was run over and killed. Would you feel differently about cars? Don't lie.
Let's say your kid was stabbed and killed. Would you feel differently about knives? Don't lie.
Let's say your kid was beat with a baseball bat and killed. Would you feel differently about baseball bats? Don't lie.
YOU DIDN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION. I WILL ANSWER AFTER YOU DO.

Go Ahead...Don't Lie.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#96743 Jan 17, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
If YOU were as serious as you say, then YOU wouldn't be making ANY of the entirely idiotic remarks to which you are given.
Oh? Really?

I had no idea.

Pulling covers over my head.
Dr Freud

UK

#96744 Jan 17, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so disappointed in you.
You would send me where? Will you be joining me? Two for the price of one?
They would let me go and detain you! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha. Too funny! You walked into that one.
You are pretentious in the extreme.
I'm going to guess that you suffer clinical narcissism, i.e., you have such a high opinion of yourself, that it qualifies as the 'God complex,'(you're never wrong on anything, regardless).
Dr Freud

UK

#96745 Jan 17, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
That describes all politicians and some people on here.......
Speaking of yourself?
Uuuh yeah

Santa Fe, NM

#96746 Jan 17, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, for the umpteenth time: Prior to the introduction of those thoroughly hideous substances, mass shootings were extremely rare. But as soon as those appeared on the scene, then those mass shootings began to multiply.
So, it simply IS NOT the guns, inasmuch as there always plenty of guns available.
The balance of the evidence weights AGAINST those drugs, and NOT the guns.
YOUR remarks then, indicate that YOU are either TOTALLY uninformed, OR that YOU are yet another PAID SHILL.
I'll vote for the latter.
you could probably coorelate it with cell phones, corn syrup, ipod use, cable TV or a million other things...

But since these drugs are so common why not do what we can to keep the most dangerous weapons away from these folks instead of promoting paranoia and ever expanding personal arsenals?
Dr Freud

UK

#96747 Jan 17, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM AN EXPERT ON THIS MATTER. Then I could make an intelligent decision. Unlike you, who shoots from the hip.
MORE GUNS..........MORE CRIME.
YOU DON'T WANT TO FACE THE FACTS. WHY NOT?
"MORE GUNS..........MORE CRIME."

Really? Then please DO be explaining Switzerland!

“shirley you cant be serious ”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#96748 Jan 17, 2013
hmmm what do gunsuckers do when they want to travel outside the US ?-there would not be many countries where they would be able to carry their semi autos - they must feel terribly unsafe when they are unarmed and abroad in such dangerous places as london, paris berlin hong kong, singapore , beijing , sydney mumbai , auckland, rio de janeiro , montevideo , toronto , etc etc
guess they arent too keen to leave the country.- unless they join the army I guess - hmm start a war so the gunnuts can see the world ha ha ha - and shoot people -ha ha ha
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#96749 Jan 17, 2013
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, he makes sure his family is protected by people with guns.
Always has, always will.
He just thinks you are to worthless to have agu to protect yourself.
Technically, in your case, he may have a point.
Children of ALL presidents are protected . That's understandable.

He never said I was worthless and shouldn't have a gun. He's talking about people like you.

GIVE IT UP!
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#96750 Jan 17, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read something about Switzerland. Something about crime?? Tell me, if you can.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#96751 Jan 17, 2013
tinydropthestickgooddog wrote:
hmmm what do gunsuckers do when they want to travel outside the US ?-there would not be many countries where they would be able to carry their semi autos - they must feel terribly unsafe when they are unarmed and abroad in such dangerous places as london, paris berlin hong kong, singapore , beijing , sydney mumbai , auckland, rio de janeiro , montevideo , toronto , etc etc
guess they arent too keen to leave the country.- unless they join the army I guess - hmm start a war so the gunnuts can see the world ha ha ha - and shoot people -ha ha ha
Good comment & funny.

Perth, Australia

#96752 Jan 17, 2013
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, he makes sure his family is protected by people with guns.
Always has, always will.
He just thinks you are to worthless to have agu to protect yourself.
Technically, in your case, he may have a point.
Look at you being all brainwashed by the NRA ad already.....Obama is not in charge of whether or not his kids are protected you bloody idiot. The same consideration was given to the Bush's and Reagan Clinton etc....The Secret Sevice it there to protect all Presidents and their families...but you wouldn't understand that because you are a gun owning looney that only listens to what is put out by the NRA...and they know how to manipulate the brain deads FFS......ROTFLMAO
Yeah

Santa Fe, NM

#96753 Jan 17, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
they are trained and the purpose is to defend the country rather than keeping a standing army. Not like here where the "gun right" has been disconnected from a real purpose.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#96754 Jan 17, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of yourself?
Ha, Ha, Ha, Jerk...
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#96755 Jan 17, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pretentious in the extreme.
I'm going to guess that you suffer clinical narcissism, i.e., you have such a high opinion of yourself, that it qualifies as the 'God complex,'(you're never wrong on anything, regardless).
That's a good one. Laughing.

I think you just described yourself, by golly!

Oh, and GTH. Laughing.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#96756 Jan 17, 2013
I don't like to label people. It's not fair.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#96757 Jan 17, 2013
Does anyone on here wear a mullet?

Business in the front~~~Party in the back.

“" BITE ME "”

Olney township

#96758 Jan 17, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of yourself?
A possible viable treatment for your gas infliction...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Might want to look into it, before your head explodes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burn your old tyres to annoy greens 8 min Gfc 2
What is the role of arts on the issue of racism 11 min Muslim Mom 3
Ban cage fighting in Australia 34 min Muslim Mom 30
Why do English people hate it when people speak... 1 hr Balkaner 0
Poisoning trees 1 hr Balkaner 4
Naturale toilet paper green frog 1 hr Anti-Green 17
Woolworths criticised for 'If you don't love it... 1 hr The Awakener 101
Stephen Hawking Discusses White Genocide 2 hr sooo 22
WAR India v Australia, who will win? 2 hr gtfo 6,748
Whitlam is dead. Hooray! 4 hr SnyffMyPhartz 23
Australian police charge teens over 'racist' tr... 10 hr Baa Baa Black sheep 132

Australia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE