It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 3,951)

Showing posts 79,001 - 79,020 of103,233
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

March, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the information. I had a physical a few weeks ago and had blood work done, but will repeat the blood test in April and she will decide about a statin. Tried Niacin (Niaspan) and had a pretty bad reaction to it. Sigh.
5:41 PM ~ dark/wet/chilly.
I should imagine you have allready done so, but have you looked at your diet and the oils within it,,,seeing a doctor to discover the condition of our bodies from time to time is good, but the information gained can then be taken to a good nutritionist/dietician and utilized,,Im not suggesting you do, but popping pills and putting money in the pockets of drug companies may not be the answer. If unsure of who to go to for advise on any matter,,I ask others and look at the results they achieved,,some times diplomas arent worth the paper their written on.
Dr Freud

Lithuania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Lithuania today you Fraud.....anyway that is not where you are would be just fine..and I couldn't be in a better place..
The PROBLEM for YOU dearie, is that YOU are STUCK in your 'paradise,' whereas I may be wherever I desire, simply by the toss of a 'pair of dice.'
Mobility, my dear, affords me the very greatest degree of latitude.
Now, tomorrow, I'll be back in Finland to visit with another part of my extended family, and from thence it'll be onward to Norway, "The Hall of the Mountain King," once again!

March, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very important to remember that there are two types of cholesterol: LDL, and HDL. The LDL is produced by hydrogenated vegetable oils, margarines, and other oils which should not be used in anything, especially high heat cooking.
With the exception of olive oil, all the other 'modern,' i.e.,'manufactured'/highly processed, cooking oils should be avoided like the plague!
Heating olive oil changes its structure, causing it to lose nutritional content, and may be implicated in adverse health effects in long-term consumption.
The two oils which ARE highly recommended for high heat cooking (such a frying), are red palm oil, and coconut oil. Red palm oil is supreme, tastes great, and is the highest in vitamins A & E. Both these oils are highly nutritious, imparting excellent health benefits.
The importance of HDL cholesterol in the body simply cannot be overstated, because it is absolutely necessary for many bodily processes, and for brain health. A goodly portion of the brain is made of HDL cholesterol, and any attempt to lower ALL cholesterol is asking for trouble big time.
The LDL cholesterol is the one which is responsible for hardening of the arteries (arterial plaque), and the leading cause of both heart attacks and strokes.
The bottom line: If it's not red palm oil, or coconut oil, avoid it like the plague. Use olive oil for low temperature cooking only, of for salad dressings.
Thanks Doc, intersting and helpfull info, I had a feeling you would comment.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
How am I a hypocrite ???? show me were I use the language you do.
When another poster mentions their conscience whilst swearing at the same time pet, then I will question them. If you had controlled yourself then it's obvious I would not have remarked on it,,,,it was after all the only comment I made regarding your post,,,show me the bias from an imagined mouthpiece there,,,after all, NO one else seems to care. I understand that the enviroment we find ourselves in can often have an adverse effect on behaviour and language,,however, swearing does nothing to reinforce a point in any debate, and can even make one look weak. Apart from the odd loon that rears it's head here from time to time, I give serious thought to all of the posts,,there are actually some valid points raised from both sides of the debate, yours included. In my humble opinion where you let your self down, is coming across as a yank basher at the same time as trying to make constructive and informed comments.
Now you are a hypocrite and an idiot....I clearly state and I quote..." you don't use the language ok" what's it like to have to have mud on your face because you failed to read the message in full?
You are a hypocrite because I don't see you whinging about all the others that have used language or sexist remarks on this site which if you were fair you would do that, so that clearly makes you a BIASED hipocrite....I bash yanks because they deserve a bashing....if they can dish it out they should have the coglione's to take it....else they are just hypocrite's as well.....You might give thought to all the post but you certainly aren't free of bias or ganging up.....Who needs to be told they are a good little boy then to make himself feel loved and accepted....arachnid does.

March, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where your ignorance come in...I am not taking just her opinion on Americans, I was doing that before she came on the scene...might help if YOU don't make the same assumptions you are accusing me of. And I am making sweeping general statements to make my point....and to get a desired reaction ...How smart do you feel now?
What desired reaction do you seek ????

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
The PROBLEM for YOU dearie, is that YOU are STUCK in your 'paradise,' whereas I may be wherever I desire, simply by the toss of a 'pair of dice.'
Mobility, my dear, affords me the very greatest degree of latitude.
Now, tomorrow, I'll be back in Finland to visit with another part of my extended family, and from thence it'll be onward to Norway, "The Hall of the Mountain King," once again!
No, most likely you will still be home in front of your computer scoffing down take away food and getting a lard arse (something yanks are known for) in downtown nowhere America, bouncing off satelites while you ponder the futility of your existence, you dumb troll....And yes I do live in paradise so much so....that when I see what is out there (on the rare occassions that I have travelled, it is so depressing that I am just so thankful that I was born in the best country on earth....

March, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Any attempt to lower all cholesterol is asking for trouble big time.
Are you saying, a person shouldn't take a statin?
Statin can have bad side effects,,not all cholesterol is bad, infact we need it. I think the Doc is saying there may be a better way, perhaps with less reliance on man made drugs.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
What desired reaction do you seek ????
I seek to irritate to get at the truth else people just blow wind up your arse...poke them with a stick and they often spill their guts in temper or frustration more so than if you are nicey nicey....it works...and I have such fun doing it ....Gotta warned you about me and yet and none of you took heed because you think you know better...and you never do! Catering is boring...and you gun loving lot tend to do that unless someone rattles your cages....shake, shake...

March, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are a hypocrite and an idiot....I clearly state and I quote..." you don't use the language ok" what's it like to have to have mud on your face because you failed to read the message in full?
You are a hypocrite because I don't see you whinging about all the others that have used language or sexist remarks on this site which if you were fair you would do that, so that clearly makes you a BIASED hipocrite....I bash yanks because they deserve a bashing....if they can dish it out they should have the coglione's to take it....else they are just hypocrite's as well.....You might give thought to all the post but you certainly aren't free of bias or ganging up.....Who needs to be told they are a good little boy then to make himself feel loved and accepted....arachnid does.
It would seem it is you that either cannot read, or lacks the ability to comprehend the message,,YOU decided to mention CONSCIENCE whilst swearing,,the hypocrisy is yours, the idiocy I can't help you with,,as for the mud pet,it would be you that plasters her face with that stuff. Did you know that lipstick was originally made with oils or fats extracted from human excrement.
I would appreciate it, IF YOU CAN, show me where anyone, has called me good or bad, or infact expressed love or acceptance towards me. The fact that I hold similar views to others is what irks you. Most yanks can trace their heritage back to the UK as can most Aussies,,,the mind set for the defence of ones self therefore came from here in the first place,,and previous to that, the Normans,Romans,Vikings etc, etc.

March, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No, most likely you will still be home in front of your computer scoffing down take away food and getting a lard arse (something yanks are known for) in downtown nowhere America, bouncing off satelites while you ponder the futility of your existence, you dumb troll....And yes I do live in paradise so much so....that when I see what is out there (on the rare occassions that I have travelled, it is so depressing that I am just so thankful that I was born in the best country on earth....
There are better countries than both australia and the UK,, So you can only be refering to people. I have spent time in a number of countries and have found good and bad in all. Alot depends on the vibes you put out as to the reaction you get pet.

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
About the rock on the stick...
The indians were able to kill enormous buffalo with the dinky rock on the stick.
You were saying...
Rocks on Sticks to kill cattle?

They didn't have slaughter houses yet...

And by the way they could treat today the cattle much much better....

Indians aren't killing cattle anymore like that either where's the Evolution in it?

Did they create House for slaughter to make a situation better to not have to use a Rock to bash it to death or something?

I mean if not why don't they do that in the fields??

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Recklessly they put the meat through stress is what I think meat used to taste better ...

Maybe it's my taster maybe I am stressed because I know how they get done with the Cattle...? Maybe that's it...meat used to taste better before hu some knews there...

March, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I seek to irritate to get at the truth else people just blow wind up your arse...poke them with a stick and they often spill their guts in temper or frustration more so than if you are nicey nicey....it works...and I have such fun doing it ....Gotta warned you about me and yet and none of you took heed because you think you know better...and you never do! Catering is boring...and you gun loving lot tend to do that unless someone rattles your cages....shake, shake...
Its unfortunate that trying to irritate people is your idea of fun, I had'nt realised that was your bag. I don't think it is neccesarily a bad thing, just sad for you pet. At least you speak your mind truthfully and let all know were you stand, or fall.
Oh,,and please be explaining,,,, GOTTA WARNED YOU ABOUT ME AND YET AND NONE OF YOU TOOK HEED BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU KNOW BETTER.
That does'nt make sence,,would you like me to send a decent cook book,,dam it, was'nt going to mention that. WOULD you like me to send you a phrase book,,perhaps as a christmas gift, I could allso include a shaker that works.

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Freakin sweet dreams

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its unfortunate that trying to irritate people is your idea of fun, I had'nt realised that was your bag. I don't think it is neccesarily a bad thing, just sad for you pet. At least you speak your mind truthfully and let all know were you stand, or fall.
Oh,,and please be explaining,,,, GOTTA WARNED YOU ABOUT ME AND YET AND NONE OF YOU TOOK HEED BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU KNOW BETTER.
That does'nt make sence,,would you like me to send a decent cook book,,dam it, was'nt going to mention that. WOULD you like me to send you a phrase book,,perhaps as a christmas gift, I could allso include a shaker that works.
Just to say that sounds pretty EGOISH I came to a conclusion today not for you to take heed and not stand out What's the word Confrontational you do come across as that a stand up guy hu?

So not to bust your chops or anyhing but I think Ego trips are only done by stupids to the need of feeling the POWER...Lame as all can be Philosophically thinking an Ego wouldn't need to be bousting fluff uff now would it?

To when it one does it seems then stupid having to like one should stand tall without it...

Also you spelled allso wrong...

How do you speak I wonder....

Hey ass hole watch your freakin' cat for you? YOU PET what are you a Dragon??

LOLOLOL Confront htis...

th

March, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to say that sounds pretty EGOISH I came to a conclusion today not for you to take heed and not stand out What's the word Confrontational you do come across as that a stand up guy hu?
So not to bust your chops or anyhing but I think Ego trips are only done by stupids to the need of feeling the POWER...Lame as all can be Philosophically thinking an Ego wouldn't need to be bousting fluff uff now would it?
To when it one does it seems then stupid having to like one should stand tall without it...
LOLOLOL Confront htis...
th
Hello Tinka,,,welcome back, it would seem you are talking directly to me. I understood your comment regarding my spelling,,it's called dyslexia. Really not trying to be funny here, but could you repeat your post,,perhaps in a different fashion.

March, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOLOL Confront htis...
th
Tried to decipher again.

Are you trying to tell me that I am egotistical confrontational requiring of power, but stupid,,,and that nice people are'nt like that. Well that's okay, we all have our opinions.
Pet is a Geordie term used as an affection,,,Aho reminds me of a lass I knew years ago that loved to argue come what may. She could swear like a trooper and had a terrific left hook.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would seem it is you that either cannot read, or lacks the ability to comprehend the message,,YOU decided to mention CONSCIENCE whilst swearing,,the hypocrisy is yours, the idiocy I can't help you with,,as for the mud pet,it would be you that plasters her face with that stuff. Did you know that lipstick was originally made with oils or fats extracted from human excrement.
I would appreciate it, IF YOU CAN, show me where anyone, has called me good or bad, or infact expressed love or acceptance towards me. The fact that I hold similar views to others is what irks you. Most yanks can trace their heritage back to the UK as can most Aussies,,,the mind set for the defence of ones self therefore came from here in the first place,,and previous to that, the Normans,Romans,Vikings etc, etc.
1) I didn't accuse you of swearing and I proved it by showing you the actual statement I made, yet I didn't see and apology, therefore you are an ass?
2) Theyre might be better countries to you, but they don't necessarily do anything for me....not everyone likes the same things.
3)You show me where I said anyone on this site used that language or sexist remarks to you and I will give you a tick, what I did say (god and I hate repeating myself constantly to knobs.) is that you never critisise others for using foul language or sexist remarks....did I not pacha! If you are going to be a pedantic ass get it right.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, just can't help yourself from making comment about the fruit cake with nuts in it, can you, you are just a sore loser...But I feel good that it still smarts.
Gotta, is Gottaliv...she posted and asked what in the world I was doing on on this thread, and to stop prodding you guys, probably because it is below the intelligence level of witless noong I usually bait, you know Aussies and a few idiot trolls...no one either bothered to read her post or bothered to adhere to her message...either, either, your funeral.

March, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
1) I didn't accuse you of swearing and I proved it by showing you the actual statement I made, yet I didn't see and apology, therefore you are an ass?
2) Theyre might be better countries to you, but they don't necessarily do anything for me....not everyone likes the same things.
3)You show me where I said anyone on this site used that language or sexist remarks to you and I will give you a tick, what I did say (god and I hate repeating myself constantly to knobs.) is that you never critisise others for using foul language or sexist remarks....did I not pacha! If you are going to be a pedantic ass get it right.
I am well aware of the fact that you did not accuse me of swearing, I rubber stamped your comment because you called me a hypocrite for not condemming others,,my point, as we are both aware was to do with your use of the word conciense, whilst swearing. If someone else uses those two words together, then I will point it out,,I have no doubht you will avoid trying to talk your way out of that particular point. If you are bothered by the sexist remarks of others, I am afraid I can do little about it, other than to say it weakens any point they may be trying to make, including points that may be factual,,it moves the spot light away, so to speak, from what might otherwise have been a good post. There is a judging system here,,I dont know if you have noticed but I do not use it myself. Earlier in another post you made a comment about scoring points, you felt you were winning, as you seem to be keeping score, how am I doing ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 79,001 - 79,020 of103,233
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

162 Users are viewing the Australia Forum right now

Search the Australia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
War India vs Australia, Who will win? (Oct '10) 4 min Sri Lankan Warlord 12,962
The ADELAIDEAN is the best poster by far 6 min The ADELAIDEAN 62
I have Too many Gf in US 7 min Mouse 11
Aussies are the new Abos 13 min gagong 14
Aussies you not celibrate b'day of Sachin Tendu... 18 min just me 5
Why Electric Cars are useless in Australia 22 min The ADELAIDEAN 13
Best we forget? 36 min sid 2
White People Are Obviously Superior 10 hr scoobie 341
•••