It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 3,898)

Showing posts 77,941 - 77,960 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I can handle the truth what bugs you is that it is not your truth it is the real truth....from both sides that have caused me to come to my conclusion I wasn't brought up with a gun in my hand so that I became a one eyed bigot and I was from a family that needed to use guns earlier on, for a purpose....I had no brainwashing so unlike you so I am able to make an informed decission without any prior bias..
YOU don't want one FINE!

I am a CITIZEN of the United States of America.

As such I posses RIGHTS given by "god" to ALL people,ESPECIALLY CITIZENS of the U.S.A.(we codified it!)

YOU have NO RIGHT to tell ME I cant have a gun.

or 5,10,1000...

Any opinion you have on the matter is MOOT!(and your "god" given RIGHT)

Anything you post on here to the contrary is also YOUR RIGHT!(to make a fool of yourself)

NEXT!
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Here's what seperates the gun nuts from those responsible with their firearms....idiots like the clown in this story;

http://news.msn.com/us/minn-man-says-he-fired...
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Dan C wrote:
Here's what seperates the gun nuts from those responsible with their firearms....idiots like the clown in this story;
http://news.msn.com/us/minn-man-says-he-fired...
So, you now EXPOSE yourself as being ANTI-GUN!
Thanks for finally 'coming out of the closet!'
Aneeta

Surat, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Keno Amarta to besh bora.
Tumi dekbe Selina.
Tumi jodi chao tabe shobtai deya debo.
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Aneeta wrote:
Keno Amarta to besh bora.
Tumi dekbe Selina.
Tumi jodi chao tabe shobtai deya debo.
Ba-ba! Ra-ra! Cu-cu! Da-da!
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you now EXPOSE yourself as being ANTI-GUN!
Thanks for finally 'coming out of the closet!'
He's not anti-gun. He is a racist. He only gets worked up if it's not a black person doing the killing. He doesn't like the "brothas" being at risk in dark allys beating unarmed victims.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the one with her head in the sand!
Why do you think you keep getting 'effed in the butt?
My butt does what it needs to, to purge me of my food....but your concern for my sphincter is a bit worrying....ya might want to check your obsession with that. I found in general terms men who refer too much to rear ends usually have a facination for the same sex...are you hiding something in the closet Fraud?

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>YOU don't want one FINE!
I am a CITIZEN of the United States of America.
As such I posses RIGHTS given by "god" to ALL people,ESPECIALLY CITIZENS of the U.S.A.(we codified it!)
YOU have NO RIGHT to tell ME I cant have a gun.
or 5,10,1000...
Any opinion you have on the matter is MOOT!(and your "god" given RIGHT)
Anything you post on here to the contrary is also YOUR RIGHT!(to make a fool of yourself)
NEXT!
Nope you are wrong there...you didn't have a right to start a war with Irag but did that stop you from taking your guns and bombs over the ocean and killing inocents and involving allies in your lies.....see what happens when you are not accountable to the world for what you do.....I have every right to try to educate ignorant people who have a gung ho mentality that can and did and does affect me and everyone else in this world.....did you see aides stop in Africa? Evil deeds and thoughts spead like a virus until it is halted by those with a brain.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
"I can handle the truth ..."
BULL! If you could 'handle the truth, then you wouldn't continue posting your complete BS here. The TRUTH is just this: MAN has the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to keep and bear arms for his SELF-DEFENSE against whatever threat, be it private thug, or a government thug.
YOU demand that EVERYONE COMPLETELY surrender to government, as though they were OWNED SLAVES.
YOU DEMAND that the rest of us become as the Jews of 1930's Germany, and march without protest, into the prison camps to be exterminated.
Why don't you just admit that you're nothing less than a paid shill who posts here on TOPIX?
No man doesn't it is just Americans that think they do because someone wrote something down on a peice of paper in the distant past when it had relevance and you idiots ran with it because of your want to have a gun....and you will defend that even when it is proved over and over that there are more deaths by gun, by law abiding citizens than hardened criminals...whether that be mass murder, suicide, accidents or familycide...you are living in a fools paradise, you noong.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
" ...I have no agenda here ..."
PUKE!!!
If YOU had no 'agenda' here, then WHY do YOU keep posting all of your BULL S H I T?
I post here against the insanity of gun owners that have posted on this site, those that try to ram rod people into believing that just because something is is written that it is unchangeable and needs to be coppied to the letter...and it doesn't! Simple really.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope you are wrong there...you didn't have a right to start a war with Irag but did that stop you from taking your guns and bombs over the ocean and killing inocents and involving allies in your lies.....see what happens when you are not accountable to the world for what you do.....I have every right to try to educate ignorant people who have a gung ho mentality that can and did and does affect me and everyone else in this world.....did you see aides stop in Africa? Evil deeds and thoughts spead like a virus until it is halted by those with a brain.
Your opinion. You have no idea of the facts. The invasion was a retaliation to blood being spilled on our own soil by invaders sponsored by a blood thirsty dictator who had been invading neighbor countries as well as killing his own people. The kind of dictator we as individuals own guns to keep from power in this country. Being as you didn't go to Iraq and see for yourself the horrors being committed then you making a judgement would just make you a fool. In case you missed it the citizens of Iraq are very thankful for our actions. If you are going to educate people then at least get your facts straight.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No man doesn't it is just Americans that think they do because someone wrote something down on a peice of paper in the distant past when it had relevance and you idiots ran with it because of your want to have a gun....and you will defend that even when it is proved over and over that there are more deaths by gun, by law abiding citizens than hardened criminals...whether that be mass murder, suicide, accidents or familycide...you are living in a fools paradise, you noong.
Sorry to inform you but a truth is still a truth no matter how or when it became into being. Human rights are the same no matter if they were written on a piece of paper today or long ago. Your deaths by gun is also a lie. Over the history of man more have died by sword, poison, rock or blunt object, or bare hand than guns. You miss the point of our Second Amendment, it says arms not guns. The right to self defense does not hing on the type weapon or any weapon but having tools make things in our lives possible like a gun makes the weak more apt to protect themselves. The gun will eventually become obsolete someday as most weapons have when a new more efficient weapon comes along. Thats why our founding fathers said "ARMS" not guns. Your obsession with a particular item is foolish as it has no power to increase or decrease human nature. You miss the point of us who own guns, it's not about the gun but the personal right and responsibility to protect one's self and those we care about the tool we choose is irrelevant.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I post here against the insanity of gun owners that have posted on this site, those that try to ram rod people into believing that just because something is is written that it is unchangeable and needs to be coppied to the letter...and it doesn't! Simple really.
Insanity is you trying to convince people who know better that a simple tool causes human nature. Humans are violent there is no denying that simple fact, a tool has absolutely no power to change that, history proves this if you would bother to open yours eyes long enough to see that. A basic human right does not change just because time passes. You rant on an issue you know very little first hand about. No one is trying to force you or anyone else to own a weapon of any kind we simply demand our right to an effective self defense. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness doesn't go out of style just because time passes.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Ba-ba! Ra-ra! Cu-cu! Da-da!
Meka-leka high, meka hiny-ho!!!
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't deflect!

We are talking about PRIVATE OWNERSHIP of firearms in the U.S.A.!

NOT foreign policy!

TRY to stay on topic eh?
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Insanity is you trying to convince people who know better that a simple tool causes human nature. Humans are violent there is no denying that simple fact, a tool has absolutely no power to change that, history proves this if you would bother to open yours eyes long enough to see that. A basic human right does not change just because time passes. You rant on an issue you know very little first hand about. No one is trying to force you or anyone else to own a weapon of any kind we simply demand our right to an effective self defense. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness doesn't go out of style just because time passes.
LOL
FORCE them?

Is THAT an argument being used?

I did hear of that 1 town where the Sheriff wanted a gun in every home.(locked if you wanted)

The CRIME RATE VANISHED, along with the criminals!

NOBODY got shot!

That's a win, WIN!!!
Greasy Grass Ridge

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

How do you keep your enthusiasm for this, day-after-day, year-after-year?

Redundant/redundant/redundant.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude...dont even fu@king go there.
1. I did not focus on the tool. Did you read my post? I said that I dont blame the gun. I simply said the gun made it EASY for her. No one can deny that.
2. She did have access to her friends.....I have been there for her since MIDDLE SCHOOL...among many many other friends...ALL from middle school. I saw her every week. She had a 10 year old son, and lived with her father too...are you trying to say they weren't there for her either, and that's why she killed herself?
As you can clearly see, I have not posted on topix like I used to. I was not busy on topix....in fact, before last week...I hadn't posted here in MONTHS...right?
Dude, you are fu@ked up for even saying that.
3. Can you show me where I attacked gun owners?
4. Wrong again loser...she loved her son. We know she would have regretted it.
Please dont talk about her, when you dont know her.
That's the most pathetic thing Ive ever seen.
5. I bring up her death here because it's a GUN FORUM...she shot herself...I have been corresponding with you guys for years now...so I thought it was meaningful to post here.
It's that simple.
I did not post her death to ban guns, I did not post her death to blame guns...I simply wanted to share yet ANOTHER death, with a gun involved.
AGAIN, I am not blaming guns.....just pointing out how easy it made it for her to do it.
Sorry if that pisses you off...grow up.
YOU, bring up your friend's suicide here on this thread, and then say "do not talk about her".
Priceless.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Snow Bunny_ wrote:
Aquarius...I cant even post to you anymore. How couyld you go so low as to blame >me< for her death...merely for posting on topix?
You have sunk to a new low...I'm out.
Death makes you realize what is important in life...and people like you are toxic.
Peace
If you are now blaming yourself for your friend's suicide - it is coming from you dear. I said nothing of the sort.
<smile>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
If no one needs a gun,,,WHY does every government in the world have them ??????????
Good point.
Good question.

Anyone who would actually contemplate that point and question for a bit, would realize the fallacy of an anti gun stance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,941 - 77,960 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

126 Users are viewing the Australia Forum right now

Search the Australia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
vietnam vet stories of whacking slopeheads 7 min Psycho Simon 1
Known drug dealer (Apr '13) 8 min Do not deal with friends 28
Royal commission into sex abuse: Former DPP bac... 13 min Psycho Simon 2
I wanna be a white boy like Normal Aussie 19 min THE ALPHA MALE 3
Dispelling German and White guilt 22 min Mothman 1
If there was a new hitler would you support him 28 min Shila 94
deport all indians (Jan '11) 32 min Michael 170
•••
•••