It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 3,698)

Showing posts 73,941 - 73,960 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

Mildenhall, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

ConvictStreak wrote:
"I think the world would be a much better place if there were no guns. Then we could finally focus on the important things, like sword fighting, and how to kill a man with one punch."
Swords spoil the line of my suit, and punching people can bruise the knuckles, therefore bad for the trigger finger.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you are wrong,,there is documented evidence, both here and in the US,that states both the British and American gonernments had knowledge of the Pearl Harbour attack prior to the event,,Ill leave you to figure out for yourself, WHY, nothing was done.
Check it out.
THAT IS THE POINT. that on both occassions they were forwarned and they still got hammered, they failed to put the base and airports on alert, they failed to be combat ready, in short they dropped the ball...

Mildenhall, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT IS THE POINT. that on both occassions they were forwarned and they still got hammered, they failed to put the base and airports on alert, they failed to be combat ready, in short they dropped the ball...
You still dont get it do you,,,it is better to be invited to a party, than be a gate crasher.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
AND you want "the people" to give up their individual right to keep and bear arms, give up their personal responsibilities because you think the "gov't" can protect individuals...?

Not going to happen.
Dr Freud

Capelle, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you guys noticed aho leaves about the same time each day.
I guess the guards make her go back to her cell.
And it follows the very same schedule as another well-known troll, with whom you've had extensive back and forth. Said troll employs the very same argument style as well.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you guys noticed aho leaves about the same time each day.
I guess the guards make her go back to her cell.
lol...well come one Zig...we all have to have some down time...in my case, it is the "changing of the guard"...lol
Dr Freud

Capelle, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

ConvictStreak wrote:
"I think the world would be a much better place if there were no guns. Then we could finally focus on the important things, like sword fighting, and how to kill a man with one punch."
I'll stick to the guns, thank you.
Sword fighting requires far too much skill, strength, speed, and agility. The weak, and the infirm would become slaves and easy prey to those more powerful whom are inclined to attack for a no good reason.
And punching is nowhere near as effective you'd have us believe. And anyway: WHY would YOU desire to MURDER someone with a single punch?
Maybe that's why you want guns banned? So that nobody would stand a chance at self-defence against your 'magic fist of death?'
Your argument then, is invalid.
NoBlamer 2012

Fall River Mills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

gawd created man,
samual colt made them equal

Mildenhall, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
gawd created man,
samual colt made them equal
Its a pity that you should get the name of such a man wrong.

Mildenhall, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
And it follows the very same schedule as another well-known troll, with whom you've had extensive back and forth. Said troll employs the very same argument style as well.
Tis rather strange, that the rabbit has gone missing,, twins or split personality?, the latter of the two would explain much.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't get that out of my head since you brought it up.:-)
If they can read English, why can't they write English.
Eye to hand coordination malfunction?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. THAT was your point?
And all this time since I read you saying it was a lack of we lowly Yank's mental prowess that kept us from even knowing there was an impending attack on the horizon, I believed you and thought that was your point.
Thanks for flipfloppingly clearing that up for us.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Are you for sure Eskimo not build first dome rock house?
Maybe Zulu too with nice block ice as well nice tiny wood-stick..
first Apache and others native tribe build Almighty pyramid..
by
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Did you need diploma from scribe and Pharisee?..no no no why should be from most corupt people.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

did you see any gun..snjura laso and similar like that..no..if not why not..is your gun so powerful which not worthy any penny..no
after all native people can destroy very easy entire planet without modern technology..

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
They were aware of an impending attack, but did not know specifically where. These are the days of no radar and telegraphs. They did pick up the Japanese attack on Hawaii with that new gizmo experiment thing called radar and thought it was a flight of American bombers due in.

They were looking in the area of the Philippines at the time because an attack on Hawaii was unfeasible in those days. An alert did come in the day of the attack by telegraph.
Dr Freud

Denmark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
They were aware of an impending attack, but did not know specifically where. These are the days of no radar and telegraphs. They did pick up the Japanese attack on Hawaii with that new gizmo experiment thing called radar and thought it was a flight of American bombers due in.
They were looking in the area of the Philippines at the time because an attack on Hawaii was unfeasible in those days. An alert did come in the day of the attack by telegraph.
Actually, you're remiss on a few facts there.
The U.S. National Archives is in possession of message traffic which took place between the U.S. and the U.K., along with between the U.S., Hawaii, and MacArthur in the Philippines.
In the case of the former (U.S.-U.K.), there had been extensive communication regarding the code-breaking of Japan's naval communications. That code-breaking had taken place over a year prior to the attack on Pearl Harbor, by the Brits. The info was handed over to the U.S.
Regarding the message traffic between the U.S., Hawaii, and MacArthur, both Admiral Hummel and Gen. Short were intentionally kept out of the communications loop because FDR need two patsies to take the heat for what followed.
There's a rather excellent tome on the matter which you should seek to either acquire, or read at a good library: Day Of Deceit, The Truth About FDR And Pearl Harbor, by Robert B. Stinnett (2001)
Three other tomes are:
[1] The New Dealers' War, FDR And The War Within WW II, by Thomas Flemming (2001)
[2] Roosevelt's Secret War, FDR And World War II Espionage, by Joseph E. Persico (2001)
[3] President Roosevelt And The Coming Of The War 1941, by Charles A. Beard (1948)(out of print).
The gist of all the presented information, is that FDR KNEW what was going to happen, long before it actually did happen, figuring that in order to get the American people to go along with his plans, he needed to instigate behind the scenes to cause a terrible event to take place.
In Stinnett's book mentioned above, the Pentagon had actually connived to present a plan which calculatedly instigated hostilities between the U.S. and Japan, by way of trade sanctions and embargoes, and FDR implemented it wholly.

Since: Oct 09

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I was stationed there in the early 70s. I heard it has come a long way since then. I was there when my enlistment was up, I almost stayed there. I fit into that Texas frame of mind better than where I am. I'm singing the blues in a blue state. A new B.B. King title:-)
Texas, for the most part, isn't bad at all. I like Texas, especially the western part, but some places, like Killeen or Houston... Since the 70's Killeen has grown, and grown, and grown, but ALL of it is still entirely dependent upon Ft Hood. The entire house of cards is just one federal budget decision away from total bankruptcy.

Since: Oct 09

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

ConvictStreak wrote:
What, you haven't yet developed the ability to telekinetically stop a beating heart from a continent away?
Dr Freud

Denmark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Dagobert II wrote:
<quoted text> Texas, for the most part, isn't bad at all. I like Texas, especially the western part, but some places, like Killeen or Houston... Since the 70's Killeen has grown, and grown, and grown, but ALL of it is still entirely dependent upon Ft Hood. The entire house of cards is just one federal budget decision away from total bankruptcy.
But that's true throughout history: Putting all one's eggs into one basket. All the wrong decisions are being made by all the right people.
Diversity is a very good answer to many things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 73,941 - 73,960 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

100 Users are viewing the Australia Forum right now

Search the Australia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Whites should leave India and Pakistan ? 16 min Abu Bakr al Hamza 1
WAR India v Australia, who will win? 16 min Incredible India 1,603
Whites are unwanted parasites in Black Afro cou... 21 min Abu Bakr al Hamza 1
I laugh at Whites in Zimbabwe under Black Rule lol 26 min Abu Bakr al Hamza 5
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Uk... 32 min RUSSIA a TERRORIST STATE 546
Australia is drying out thanks to our emissions 43 min Jim the Hoax Denier 146
why chinese and indian people are everywhere yo... 51 min RESISTANCE IS FUTILE 60
Rude police 1 hr Gro Dereck 79
Sarah English: Teacher Posts Nude Selfies 1 hr The ADELAIDEAN 25
•••
•••