It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 20 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#78947 Oct 6, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
this repost should answer some of aho's stupid questions
the 2nd amendment states
the peoples right shall not be infringed
but many states do infringe
like calif, they have banned the open carry of loaded handguns,
even tho the supreme court has ruled it is unconstitutional.
then last year calif banned the open carry of UNloaded handguns
liberal states like calif dont care what the constitution says
they do what they want
in aurora, colorado, they passed a city ordinance
you cant carry in a theater.
so if a cop catches you, you get arrested/cited.
then you go to court, found guilty, pay a fine/jail time
then you appeal.
a higher court either upholds the conviction or overturns it.
when finally after 30 years, the supreme court rules the law unconstitutional, you get your gun back.
thats exactly what happened with abortion
a white girl (roe) was raped by a black man
she had an illegal abortion,
the supreme court ruled that a texas law (wade county) banning abortion, was unconstitutional because it violated a womans right to privacy under the 14th amendment.
because of that ruling, all abortion laws were no longer prosecuted in this country,
for some reason gun laws were never treated that way because of our crooked country justice system usurping its power.
when the 14th amendment gets repealed, all anti abortin laws can again be prosecuted.
I plan to prosecute every murder mommy and murder doctor for killing babies
remember, there is no statute of limitations on murder
the baby(victim) is deprived its right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
that will never make it to court because the only person(baby victim) that has standing to bring a suit, has been silenced (killed)
And the penny drops, about bloody time.... I did know? but I just needed you to face it! Oh and Cheers for that

Perth, Australia

#78948 Oct 6, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
You yak a lot, but you provide no references. Is that because you can't support your assertions with proof?
Oh, what would be the pay off in that?

Perth, Australia

#78949 Oct 6, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you're remiss on a few facts there.
The U.S. National Archives is in possession of message traffic which took place between the U.S. and the U.K., along with between the U.S., Hawaii, and MacArthur in the Philippines.
In the case of the former (U.S.-U.K.), there had been extensive communication regarding the code-breaking of Japan's naval communications. That code-breaking had taken place over a year prior to the attack on Pearl Harbor, by the Brits. The info was handed over to the U.S.
Regarding the message traffic between the U.S., Hawaii, and MacArthur, both Admiral Hummel and Gen. Short were intentionally kept out of the communications loop because FDR need two patsies to take the heat for what followed.
There's a rather excellent tome on the matter which you should seek to either acquire, or read at a good library: Day Of Deceit, The Truth About FDR And Pearl Harbor, by Robert B. Stinnett (2001)
Three other tomes are:
[1] The New Dealers' War, FDR And The War Within WW II, by Thomas Flemming (2001)
[2] Roosevelt's Secret War, FDR And World War II Espionage, by Joseph E. Persico (2001)
[3] President Roosevelt And The Coming Of The War 1941, by Charles A. Beard (1948)(out of print).
The gist of all the presented information, is that FDR KNEW what was going to happen, long before it actually did happen, figuring that in order to get the American people to go along with his plans, he needed to instigate behind the scenes to cause a terrible event to take place.
In Stinnett's book mentioned above, the Pentagon had actually connived to present a plan which calculatedly instigated hostilities between the U.S. and Japan, by way of trade sanctions and embargoes, and FDR implemented it wholly.
Finland, Russia and now Denmark! you are a moderator troll or better know as a useless MT! You are a pathetic one because you must forget where you posted from last...LOL
Dr Freud

Denmark

#78950 Oct 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Our security forces tried to inform our government that they had no evidence to support America's claims of WMD's in Iraq....Our government chose to ignore that advice and go ahead on information recieved from the US intelligence agency even though that was shy of vague....so I believe in that particular instance our Intelligence service was both accurate (as proven) and erred on the side of caution...And in regards to GMO foods I generally don't have a problem with them as I have eaten them and are still both healthy and alive....I have lived through the years of asbestos in our homes, DDT being used on crops and in our homes daily to kill flies and other such bugs and in our parks, highly poisonous pesticides being sprayed on all our commercial and domestic food crops, lead in the paint and in our food...arsenic in our food...so GMO's are a walk in the park for me....
"GMO's are a walk in the park for me...."

So, you're willing to die at the feet of crass corporatism?
How does your 'communism' feel now?
Dr Freud

Denmark

#78951 Oct 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
What would the payoff be on references?
Well, at least you'd have something upon which to hang your hat, presuming you have a hat, and a valid reference upon which to hang it, that is.

Perth, Australia

#78952 Oct 6, 2012
Dagobert II wrote:
<quoted text> What, you haven't yet developed the ability to telekinetically stop a beating heart from a continent away?
Actually now that you bring it up we have, but one of it's quirks is that it hones in on stupidity, so it has us continually forcusing on US citizens.
Dr Freud

Denmark

#78953 Oct 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Finland, Russia and now Denmark! you are a moderator troll or better know as a useless MT! You are a pathetic one because you must forget where you posted from last...LOL
Accusing someone else of your OWN traits is the epitome of HYPOCRISY!!!!
Go bark up YOUR OWN tree, TROLL!!!
Dr Freud

Denmark

#78954 Oct 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually now that you bring it up we have, but one of it's quirks is that it hones in on stupidity, so it has us continually forcusing on US citizens.
Oh, yourself, for instance, bunny?

Perth, Australia

#78955 Oct 6, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
"GMO's are a walk in the park for me...."
So, you're willing to die at the feet of crass corporatism?
How does your 'communism' feel now?
An ounce of worry on my part won't change it any more that it will wake you gun twits up about the futility of guns, or stop thalidomite or breast implants...you just have to wait for people to die or suffer horribly and then things pretty much take their natural course ie people get outraged, get motivated, and get them banned or taken off the market, it is the way of things...It took them 50 years to ban some of those things I mentioned in the last post, so things move slowly but they do move, and that is just the way it is. People need time to build rage.

Perth, Australia

#78956 Oct 6, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yourself, for instance, bunny?
Your post makes no sense there, at all!

Perth, Australia

#78957 Oct 6, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Accusing someone else of your OWN traits is the epitome of HYPOCRISY!!!!
Go bark up YOUR OWN tree, TROLL!!!
Your diversions work on those that haven't picked up that you are all over the shop, you are an MT and no doubt about it, and with access to more than one server from diffent locals, the evidence of that is all the proof I need....
Dr Freud

Denmark

#78958 Oct 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
An ounce of worry on my part won't change it any more that it will wake you gun twits up about the futility of guns, or stop thalidomite or breast implants...you just have to wait for people to die or suffer horribly and then things pretty much take their natural course ie people get outraged, get motivated, and get them banned or taken off the market, it is the way of things...It took them 50 years to ban some of those things I mentioned in the last post, so things move slowly but they do move, and that is just the way it is. People need time to build rage.
Great! Then go poison, and neuter yourself. The sooner you're gone, the better!
Bub-bye!
Dr Freud

Denmark

#78959 Oct 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post makes no sense there, at all!
No, of course not. That is, not to your present 'personality.'
Dr Freud

Denmark

#78960 Oct 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Your diversions work on those that haven't picked up that you are all over the shop, you are an MT and no doubt about it, and with access to more than one server from diffent locals, the evidence of that is all the proof I need....
Ha! Accusing me of YOUR OWN fails, are you?
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#78962 Oct 6, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
this repost should answer some of aho's stupid questions
the 2nd amendment states
the peoples right shall not be infringed
but many states do infringe
they do what they want
in aurora, colorado, they passed a city ordinance
you cant carry in a theater.
so if a cop catches you, you get arrested/cited.
then you go to court, found guilty, pay a fine/jail time
then you appeal.
a higher court either upholds the conviction or overturns it.
when finally after 30 years, the supreme court rules the law unconstitutional, you get your gun back.
thats exactly what happened with abortion
a white girl (roe) was raped by a black man
she had an illegal abortion,
the supreme court ruled that a texas law (wade county) banning abortion, was unconstitutional because it violated a womans right to privacy under the 14th amendment.
because of that ruling, all abortion laws were no longer prosecuted in this country,
for some reason gun laws were never treated that way because of our crooked country justice system usurping its power.
when the 14th amendment gets repealed, all anti abortin laws can again be prosecuted.
I plan to prosecute every murder mommy and murder doctor for killing babies
remember, there is no statute of limitations on murder
the baby(victim) is deprived its right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
that will never make it to court because the only person(baby victim) that has standing to bring a suit, has been silenced (killed)
"but many states do infringe
they do what they want"

All of which violates the 2nd and 14th Amendments since McDonald v Chicago. It's "THE PEOPLE" without the backbone to stand up and say enough is enough.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#78963 Oct 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
And the penny drops, about bloody time.... I did know? but I just needed you to face it! Oh and Cheers for that
You forget what I already told you...?

State and local laws must now be in compliance with the 2nd Amendment as it has been incorporated into the 14th Amendment since McDonald v Chicago.

There is nothing to face except the continued attacks against the rights of the people and stand up against those that push to infringe on them.

“Topix is lowlife scum with no”

Since: Jun 12

respect for anyone...

#78964 Oct 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Be carfeful then, suicide is illegal in Australia.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#78965 Oct 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing really...you're already a proven liar.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#78966 Oct 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
"It took them 50 years to ban some of those things I mentioned in the last post, so things move slowly but they do move, and that is just the way it is. People need time to build rage."

Exactly...that's why it took 30 years for the right case to challenge the DC gun ban the USSC overturned. We have a lot more laws to go so watch them go down.

The rage has been building a long time and people are feedup with the continued gov't infringements on our rights.

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

#78967 Oct 6, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you're remiss on a few facts there.
The U.S. National Archives is in possession of message traffic which took place between the U.S. and the U.K., along with between the U.S., Hawaii, and MacArthur in the Philippines.
In the case of the former (U.S.-U.K.), there had been extensive communication regarding the code-breaking of Japan's naval communications. That code-breaking had taken place over a year prior to the attack on Pearl Harbor, by the Brits. The info was handed over to the U.S.
Regarding the message traffic between the U.S., Hawaii, and MacArthur, both Admiral Hummel and Gen. Short were intentionally kept out of the communications loop because FDR need two patsies to take the heat for what followed.
There's a rather excellent tome on the matter which you should seek to either acquire, or read at a good library: Day Of Deceit, The Truth About FDR And Pearl Harbor, by Robert B. Stinnett (2001)
Three other tomes are:
[1] The New Dealers' War, FDR And The War Within WW II, by Thomas Flemming (2001)
[2] Roosevelt's Secret War, FDR And World War II Espionage, by Joseph E. Persico (2001)
[3] President Roosevelt And The Coming Of The War 1941, by Charles A. Beard (1948)(out of print).
The gist of all the presented information, is that FDR KNEW what was going to happen, long before it actually did happen, figuring that in order to get the American people to go along with his plans, he needed to instigate behind the scenes to cause a terrible event to take place.
In Stinnett's book mentioned above, the Pentagon had actually connived to present a plan which calculatedly instigated hostilities between the U.S. and Japan, by way of trade sanctions and embargoes, and FDR implemented it wholly.
Yes, I am aware of the steel and oil embargo against Japan. I didn't think he was provoking a war with Japan. I know he was provoking one in Europe. Although FDR may have been provoking hostilities with Japan, I don't think anyone knew the attack would specifically occur in Hawaii. Transmissions would normally go through Hawaii to the Philippines and MacArthur in those days. I think they were expecting something in that area. The transmissions to the British would also be normal being the embargoes were in response to British interests in the area. You bring up a good point, the admiral and the general were kept out of the loop. That was possibly due to an attack on Hawaii was not feasible in those days.

I wrote down the the book titles and will check them out, thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crowe Accused Of 'Denying Genocide' 7 min Gfc 2
News No shave, no job: BHP Billiton's decision to sa... 2 hr Arsetralian moron 3
Is Ronan Parke Gay? (Jul '12) 9 hr hannahjojo 115
News Adressing the global refugee crisis, Kenya's ro... 14 hr Robert 12
News Secret recordings of Labor election 'deal' 15 hr Cath League of Du... 1
Solution to racism: Whites go back to Europe (Jan '13) 16 hr Helen 8809 81
Why are Indians so useless at everything? (Feb '14) 17 hr Helen 8809 41
More from around the web