Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2011

The Socceross have began their Brazil 2014 Qualifiers with a 2-1 win a home to Thailand & 1-3 away win to Saudi Arabia. Which players will be part of this class of 2014/2015 that will finish by lifting the 2015 AFC Asian Cup on home soil?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

Mitchell Langerak, Matthew Spiranovic, Luke De Vere, Jason Davidson, Rhys Williams, Ben Kantarovski, Chris Herd, Terry Antonis, Bradden Inman, Robbie Kruse, Kerem Bulut, Mathew Leckie, Thomas Oar are some of our future Socceroos on this road.
MR VETO

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2011

Mr Hell Enic wrote:
Mitchell Langerak, Matthew Spiranovic, Luke De Vere, Jason Davidson, Rhys Williams, Ben Kantarovski, Chris Herd, Terry Antonis, Bradden Inman, Robbie Kruse, Kerem Bulut, Mathew Leckie, Thomas Oar are some of our future Socceroos on this road.
Dean Bouzanis, Adam Federici, Mark Milligan, Ersan Gulum, Shane Lowry, Michael Zullo, Dario Vidosic, Adam Sarota, James Holland, Nathan Burns, Aaron Mooy, Dimitrios Petratos, Tahj Mimiecon, Oliver Bozanic, Stuart Musialik, Bruce Djite, Nikita Rukavytsa, David Williams, Brent McGrath, Richard Porta, Mate Dugandzic, Matthew Fletcher, Eli Babalj, Mich Nichols, Marko Jesic, Brett Holman all very talented current or future Socceroos at good age to be at their peak in 2015. A few of the more experienced players like Matt McKay, David Carney, Tim Cahill, Lucas Neill, Harry Kewell, Brett Emerton, Luke Wilkshire, Mark Schwarzer etc might be part of the squad.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

Mr Hell Enic wrote:
I would love to see the above players chosen in the World Cup Qualifier v Saudi Arabia in Feb 2012. Australia have wrapped up the top spot in their group & need some fresh faces.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

MR VETO wrote:
<quoted text> Dean Bouzanis, Adam Federici, Mark Milligan, Ersan Gulum, Shane Lowry, Michael Zullo, Dario Vidosic, Adam Sarota, James Holland, Nathan Burns, Aaron Mooy, Dimitrios Petratos, Tahj Mimiecon, Oliver Bozanic, Stuart Musialik, Bruce Djite, Nikita Rukavytsa, David Williams, Brent McGrath, Richard Porta, Mate Dugandzic, Matthew Fletcher, Eli Babalj, Mich Nichols, Marko Jesic, Brett Holman all very talented current or future Socceroos at good age to be at their peak in 2015. A few of the more experienced players like Matt McKay, David Carney, Tim Cahill, Lucas Neill, Harry Kewell, Brett Emerton, Luke Wilkshire, Mark Schwarzer etc might be part of the squad.
Lots of talent in that list. Ersan Gulum a central defender or left back would be a big plus if he does what Sasa Ognenovski did & change his mind & chose to play for Australia after being part of a national team squad of his parents country as a unused squad member.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

Australia v Oman 3-0, Oman v Australia 1-0 & Thailand v Australia 0-1. Australia v Saudi Arabia next on February 2012.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Socceroos coach Holger Osieck said he is going to select a squad mostly A-League & Asian based players for the World Cup Qualifier against Saudi Arabia in Melbourne on 29 February 2012.

With very limited time to prepare for this match I think picking players from the Olyroos squad which would of been together for a few weeks For the Olympic Qualifiers against Uzbekistan (5 Feb) & UAE (22 Feb) mixed with the experienced Harry Kewell, Brett Emerton, Lucas Neill & Sasa Ognenovski would be a advantage.

I would love to see Kerem Bulut up front with Joshua Kennedy & Kewell just behind them.

Since: Apr 11

Roma, QLD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2012

Soccer is the most idiotic boring sport I have ever laid eyes upon, it boggles my mind that it is so fervently followed all over the world and riots even start over it.
scooterman

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

Australian Bigot wrote:
Soccer is the most idiotic boring sport I have ever laid eyes upon, it boggles my mind that it is so fervently followed all over the world and riots even start over it.
It's one of those sports that are better played than watched, like cricket.

Roma, QLD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

scooterman wrote:
<quoted text>It's one of those sports that are better played than watched, like cricket.
lol I haven't played cricket for many years, I was awful at it, I played soccer when I was about 13 and couldn't really get into it, maybe it is just my QLD breeding but I'd rather the rough and fast game of league or union.
scooterman

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

Australian Bigot wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I haven't played cricket for many years, I was awful at it, I played soccer when I was about 13 and couldn't really get into it, maybe it is just my QLD breeding but I'd rather the rough and fast game of league or union.
The last time I played cricket was at my Christmas work-breakup, before then I hadn't played since I played indoor cricket 17 years ago when I was still in school.

I gravitated more towards soccer after I damaged the ligaments in my ankles playing school footy and the multitude of 'jock' wankers who play Aussie Rules put me off also.

Roma, QLD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

Judged:

scooterman wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I played cricket was at my Christmas work-breakup, before then I hadn't played since I played indoor cricket 17 years ago when I was still in school.
I gravitated more towards soccer after I damaged the ligaments in my ankles playing school footy and the multitude of 'jock' wankers who play Aussie Rules put me off also.
Haha up here AFL players are seen as gaylords, to scared to play a real contact sport :P

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

Socceroos 4 Saudi Arabia 2. Australia finish top of their group on 15 points with 5 wins & 1 loss. 2nd place on 8 points was Oman. Top two progress to final group stage of Asian zone Qualifiers. Saudi Arabia & Thailand are out of qualifiers for 2014.

“Yes I hate”

Since: Feb 12

here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

We played a decent game but how many times did our old slow defense get caught out? Good teams will punish us big time. Kewell played a decent game. The A-league seems to have improved him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

Australian Bigot wrote:
You either love or you don't. For the true football/soccer fans a 0-0 can be as exiting or better than a Rugby Union match between England & South Africa which finishes 42-39 with one push over try. The rest of the points are field goals & penalty goals. The ref blows a penalty almost every 2nd ruck & the rest of the time the five eight kicks the ball out. It's a cultural thing played by private school kids. Too many stoppages & the game does not flow.

Rugby League & even ALF which I don't follow are better viewing. Maybe football/soccer should make it 5 points for every goal, 2 points if you hit the post & 1 point for every corner.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

FNQsteve wrote:
We played a decent game but how many times did our old slow defense get caught out? Good teams will punish us big time. Kewell played a decent game. The A-league seems to have improved him.
When Saudi's had more of the ball they seemed to get through the midfield too easy. Mark Bresciano had no defensive midfielder beside him to shield the defenders. Ognenovski, Neill, Spiranovic & North whom are all still in their pre-season lacked that split of a second sharpness you get through real matches. North & Spiranovic played out of their positions at right back & left back. They are central defenders whom are usually not as quick & mobile as true right/left backs like Luke Wilkshire, Michael Zullo, Rhys Williams or David Carney.

Kewell started the season like any player without any football for 6 months would. Once the match fitness cames along, the class returns. A player with his ability does not loose that class & has still a lot to offer at the age of 34.
Captain Socceroo

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

On many occasions the Socceroos back four were like sitting ducks with the lack of protection from the midfieders whom were too soft & got caught out. Neill, Ognenovski, Spiranovic & North had players running at them through the non existing midfield while they already were marking a player.

Don't get me wrong, in attack Mark Bresciano was brilliant but needed a defensive holding central midfielder working with him Eg: Paartalu or Sarota from the squad or Herd, Kantarovski, Valeri, Jedinak, McKay or Kilkenny whom all play that non fancy & unnoticed roll. Paul Wade, Ned Zelic, Paul Okon & Vince Grella are Socceroos legends in that roll.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

The Socceroos will know what the next hurdle for Brazil 2014 Qualification is this Friday, 9 March 2012 when the draw for the final group stage of the Asian zone World Cup Qualifiers for Brazil 2014 is drawn into two groups of five countries. Top two of each group qualify for Brazil 2014 & the two third placed teams playoff over two legs in which the winner plays the Oceania top team eg: New Zealand over two legs to see who qualifies.
Never Say Never

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Australia are the number 1 ranked Asian (AFC) footballing nation as the number 20th ranked nation by FIFA. They avoid having the number 2 ranked Asian nation, South Korea in their group.

Australia & South Korea the top seeds of each group will be in pot 1.
They will get either Japan or Iran from pot 2.
Iraq or Uzbekistan from pot 3.
Jordan or Qatar from pot 4.
Oman or Lebanon from pot 5.

I hope the Socceroos get Iran for a chance of revenge for the 1997 MCG World Cup Qualifier. Iraq, Jordan & Lebanon.
Never Say Never

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

The Socceroos have scheduled two FIFA International Friendly matches leading into important World Cup Qualifying matches with Denmark away on 3 June 2012 & Scotland away on 15 August 2012.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

189 Users are viewing the Australia Forum right now

Search the Australia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The ADELAIDEAN is the best poster by far 9 min GO Les Gay ADELAIDEANs GO 71
Galipoli was for Russian Crimea 12 min JimBuckRabbit 1
White People Are Obviously Superior 14 min The ADELAIDEAN 351
War India vs Australia, Who will win? (Oct '10) 19 min Peter Hall 12,987
Padma Lakshmi from India 21 min User12 15
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 21 min JimBuckRabbit 42,885
White women worship black men 23 min User12 13
•••
•••