Strange UFO hovers over Brisbane

There are 20 comments on the Examiner.com story from Aug 16, 2012, titled Strange UFO hovers over Brisbane. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

A UFO video posted to YouTube on Wednesday shows a white, orb-like, saucer-shaped unidentified flying object cruising erratically in the skies over Brisbane, Australia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#1009 Sep 12, 2012
StellarKnight wrote:
UFO
Orbiting Freemason Organization lol
In your part of the world maybe.

In the bathroom mirror I see a UFO every morning ...

... Uncouth Fuzzy Object.

“Free Speech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

AUSTRALIAN

#1010 Sep 12, 2012
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
Further to:
<quoted text>
I have made my own attempt at the calculation and if I haven't erred it would seem that by the end of one year a craft accelerating from rest at a sustained 1G for one year would finish up traveling at 212,567.5 km/h.
By the end of 4.5 years it would be traveling at 1,000,000 km/h, and adding 1,000,000 km/h each 4.5 years thereafter.
On a trip to our nearest neighboring star system Alpha Centauri, at a distance of 41.5 trillion kilometers, the one way trip would take 11,095 years to reach mid-way and another 11,095 years to decelerate the rest of the way, using the 1G acceleration mode of travel (if my math is on track). Along the way a maximum speed of over 213,000 km/h would have been reached before decelerating.
Don't hold me too tightly to the math. I would welcome someone to check my figures to see if they are somewhere in the ball-park.
In any case, not a scintillating prospect for the successive generations of passengers.
At that speed too, on looking out of the window our Sun behind and Alpha Centauri ahead would look exactly the same to one generation as it did to their parents. Within a human lifespan their craft would appear to be stationary in the void.
Workers in the still infant fields of Space Travel and Space Medicine are rapidly coming to the realization that the biggest challenge of all would be the mental and social well being of humans in transit. On a trip lasting some 55 generations like the one speculated here there is no guarantee that the occupants would preserve the values with which their ancestors first set out on the journey. There is also no guarantee that they would even remain committed to the mission plan for 55 generations. Some may even feel violated to have been condemned to life in a tin can without consultation.
Yet to do the trip any quicker they would have to put up with much higher G forces which could be destructive over the long term.
What is the speed of propulsion of space craft as they arrive in the vacuum of outer space itself to their destination ?

Australia

#1011 Sep 12, 2012
Further to:
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
Along the way a maximum speed of over 213,000 km/h would have been reached before decelerating.
I think I've spotted one error already. I believe that figure should be significantly higher. Not sure by how much though and it's too late at night for me to re-work the calculation now. Anyone?:)

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1012 Sep 12, 2012
all believers unite!

http://youtu.be/l-lJZiqZaGA

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#1013 Sep 12, 2012
More Interested Pre WW1 And Liklyhood Of Authenticity Based On Reduced Propaganda Need!

In The MeanTime

UFO's Australia 1967

http://www.auforn.com/1967.htm

Location hidden

#1014 Sep 12, 2012
The Most Interesting Characteristic About UFO Is In Applying Psycology To A Sighting!

Any Military Of Our World Are Not Going To Do Recon In A Craft That Is Beaming Lights Or Is Multicolored Like A Rainbow, It Goes Against The Whole Concept Of Stealth!

Which Means That Those Who Pilot The UFO's Either Have Never Encountered War Or Are Deliberatly Trying To Get Our Attention!

If They Are Trying To Get Our Attention Then What Result Would They Be Expecting From Us Seeing Them!

If Those Lit Up Like Christmas Trees Were Here To Do Harm Then Why Do The Woodstock Thing!

Attention Should Be Paid To What They Are Interested In, If Hovering Over A House Then What Or Who Resides There What Mineral Content Exists Below The House,When A Beam Is Shone To The Ground, Again Geologically What Minerals Exist, Are Their Caverns Or Underground Rivers!

Understanding What They Look For And The Commonalities Of The Individual Sightings As In Same Style Craft Acting In Similar Ways As In A Beam Of Light Over The Ground, Identifying Spots Where The Craft Has Stopped Is Of Main Interest As Something Of Interest To Them Exists To Some Extent On Or Under That Spot!

Understanding How Light Works We Can Wonder Wether Light Emmitted Is Of Significance Or A By Product Of Unseen Beam Being Used!

Obviously Humanity Have Catergorised The Different Types Of Craft Based On Shape And Behaviour, Those That Act Peacfully As Versus Those That Act Aggressivly, Knowing The Difference Between The Two Can Be Of Importance To General Populous!

Conclusion: If Aliens Are Hiding Their Presents From Us Then They Have Achieved The Equivalent Of An Elephant Hiding Behind A Sappling!

If Aggressive Then Again Works In Contrary To Psycology, Its Like Using Flashlights To Frighten The Enemy Troops!

Psycological Analysis Is That They Either Are So Arrogant That Their Presence To Us Means Nothing Or That They Deliberatly Letting Us Know They There!

Deer Park, Australia

#1016 Sep 12, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the speed of propulsion of space craft as they arrive in the vacuum of outer space itself to their destination ?
How long is a piece of string?:)

The speed of propulsion of space craft as they arrive in the vacuum of outer space would depend on the type and power of the crafts' propulsion system. Requirements for that to be the case should be that no atmosphere would be impeding it and also no gravitational pull of any significance once the craft gets isolated enough from Planets, Stars and Black Holes.

There is one further factor: as the craft's velocity approaches the Speed of Light it would take ever more propulsive power to accelerate it because its mass would be increasing exponentially (theoretically at the speed of light its mass would become infinite). Laws of Physics frown on that sort of thing.:)

So before that stage is reached at some point resistance to the craft's acceleration would match its maximum power output and it could not accelerate further. Then its speed would plateau. Presumably at that point its propulsion system could be shut off and it would continue to coast indefinitely at the speed it had reached ... until or unless some outside force interferes.

Deer Park, Australia

#1017 Sep 12, 2012
Daniel R Colgan wrote:
The Most Interesting Characteristic About UFO Is In Applying Psycology To A Sighting!
Any Military Of Our World Are Not Going To Do Recon In A Craft That Is Beaming Lights Or Is Multicolored Like A Rainbow, It Goes Against The Whole Concept Of Stealth!
Which Means That Those Who Pilot The UFO's Either Have Never Encountered War Or Are Deliberatly Trying To Get Our Attention!
If They Are Trying To Get Our Attention Then What Result Would They Be Expecting From Us Seeing Them!
If Those Lit Up Like Christmas Trees Were Here To Do Harm Then Why Do The Woodstock Thing!
Attention Should Be Paid To What They Are Interested In, If Hovering Over A House Then What Or Who Resides There What Mineral Content Exists Below The House,When A Beam Is Shone To The Ground, Again Geologically What Minerals Exist, Are Their Caverns Or Underground Rivers!
Understanding What They Look For And The Commonalities Of The Individual Sightings As In Same Style Craft Acting In Similar Ways As In A Beam Of Light Over The Ground, Identifying Spots Where The Craft Has Stopped Is Of Main Interest As Something Of Interest To Them Exists To Some Extent On Or Under That Spot!
Understanding How Light Works We Can Wonder Wether Light Emmitted Is Of Significance Or A By Product Of Unseen Beam Being Used!
Obviously Humanity Have Catergorised The Different Types Of Craft Based On Shape And Behaviour, Those That Act Peacfully As Versus Those That Act Aggressivly, Knowing The Difference Between The Two Can Be Of Importance To General Populous!
Conclusion: If Aliens Are Hiding Their Presents From Us Then They Have Achieved The Equivalent Of An Elephant Hiding Behind A Sappling!
If Aggressive Then Again Works In Contrary To Psycology, Its Like Using Flashlights To Frighten The Enemy Troops!
Psycological Analysis Is That They Either Are So Arrogant That Their Presence To Us Means Nothing Or That They Deliberatly Letting Us Know They There!
Perhaps your most thought-provoking post, Daniel. Each point in it makes sense.

What we can't know for sure is whether all those points would make the same sense to representatives of an Alien civilization. They might have evolved in an environment in which natural forces that shaped our mentality are different in their world.

Let's take just one of those forces as an example. On our world all life forms have long evolved in a climate of competition. Consequently a vast range of strategies have manifested across all our species to preserve their survival against competing interests.

The 'stealth' you mention is just one of those many strategies.

Should Aliens ever visit us they could conceivably come from a background in which stealth has never had survival value. If so, then it might not occur to them to employ that strategy here.:)

Since: Sep 12

Bromborough, UK

#1018 Sep 12, 2012
As usual, blured ufo .

Location hidden

#1019 Sep 12, 2012
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps your most thought-provoking post, Daniel. Each point in it makes sense.
What we can't know for sure is whether all those points would make the same sense to representatives of an Alien civilization. They might have evolved in an environment in which natural forces that shaped our mentality are different in their world.
Let's take just one of those forces as an example. On our world all life forms have long evolved in a climate of competition. Consequently a vast range of strategies have manifested across all our species to preserve their survival against competing interests.
The 'stealth' you mention is just one of those many strategies.
Should Aliens ever visit us they could conceivably come from a background in which stealth has never had survival value. If so, then it might not occur to them to employ that strategy here.:)
True,

There Is The Fact That By Their Own Existance They Proove There Are More Worlds With Life Out There, That Being The Case There May Well Be Other Races Of The Same, Or More Advanced Levels,

Taking That Into Consideration And The Possible Differences You Have Outlined Then Possibilities Of Waring Factions Becomes A Reality!

In Which Case I Am Surprised They Have Survived At All

Still We Do Have A Rainbow Fish In Our Oceans Which Is Also Host To Sharks!

Deer Park, Australia

#1021 Sep 12, 2012
Just a quick flash back:
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that would certainly add to the level of difficulty in space travel. We all assume that space is an empty void, but yes, there are particles jettisoned from other galaxies, collisions between asteroids etc..
In that approximate context I found a couple of interesting links today:

http://news.discovery.com/space/planex-x-20-g...

http://news.discovery.com/space/a-massive-pla...
WhyHowWhoWhatWhe nWhere

Chicago, IL

#1023 Sep 12, 2012
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
How long is a piece of string?:)
One long enough to hang yourself with.(:

Deer Park, Australia

#1024 Sep 12, 2012
WhyHowWhoWhatWhenWhere wrote:
<quoted text>
One long enough to hang yourself with.(:
Unoriginal.
WhyHowWhoWhatWhe nWhere

Chicago, IL

#1025 Sep 12, 2012
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Unoriginal.
Do you come with strings attached like a puppet or marionette?

Melton South, Australia

#1026 Sep 13, 2012
WhyHowWhoWhatWhenWhere wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you come with strings attached like a puppet or marionette?
What, and end up like you?? No way!!
stoopid MORON Dismissers

Chicago, IL

#1027 Sep 13, 2012
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
What, and end up like you?? No way!!
Guess who pulls your strings?

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

Ilford, UK

#1028 Sep 13, 2012
So what the UFO mission project you want me to expound on to NASA, cut me the bullshit lets drop this shti lets start from the beginning. Alien abduction how did it happen and why?

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Ilford, UK

#1029 Sep 13, 2012
Daniel R Colgan ; The Adelaidean tell me your experiences did they do any experiments on you and when was that exactly?

“The ADELAIDEAN'S Sourcer”

The Cosmos

#1030 Sep 13, 2012
stoopid MORON Dismissers wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess who pulls your strings?
Log entry:
Earthling "stoopid MORON Dismissers" observed to suffer from String Fetish.

Action:
Abduct immediately. Implant compulsion in brain to GET KNOTTED.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Ilford, UK

#1031 Sep 13, 2012
Why How Who What When Where : So you have been abducted in your sleep haven't you explain?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ambassador to France offers resignation after '... 3 hr Baptistism by Proxy 2
News Maid of the Mist remains a worldwide draw 5 hr macus45 1
Poll I'm Black mixed with Indian. But why there are ... 9 hr Brooklyn Bradford 0
God Damned Holy Spirit!!!. 14 hr God worships Israel 1
News Crowe Accused Of 'Denying Genocide' 16 hr Gfc 2
News No shave, no job: BHP Billiton's decision to sa... 19 hr Arsetralian moron 3
Is Ronan Parke Gay? (Jul '12) Mon hannahjojo 115
More from around the web