Strange UFO hovers over Brisbane

Strange UFO hovers over Brisbane

There are 1727 comments on the Examiner.com story from Aug 16, 2012, titled Strange UFO hovers over Brisbane. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

A UFO video posted to YouTube on Wednesday shows a white, orb-like, saucer-shaped unidentified flying object cruising erratically in the skies over Brisbane, Australia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“Towards Christmas.”

Since: Dec 06

‘

#25 Aug 17, 2012
I think it might've been Adrian DeVine
coming into land on planet TOPIX:

[j/k]
Elias

Australia

#26 Aug 18, 2012
This is a good thread...bump

The Gloop

Since: Sep 08

#27 Aug 18, 2012
Elias wrote:
This is a good thread...bump
Gloop.
Allan Snackbarr

Norwood, Australia

#28 Aug 18, 2012
Weather balloon....
Elias

Australia

#29 Aug 18, 2012
Allan Snackbarr wrote:
Weather balloon....
We have a winner

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#30 Aug 18, 2012
The possibility of aliens existing is almost impossible.

You will find life on other Planets, but finding intelligent life seems hard to believe.

Although we did have the wow signal on August 15, 1977, but that still dosn't prove there is intelligent life out there.
the razor

Fairfield, Australia

#31 Aug 18, 2012
the new world order will need a future GLOBAL enemy, thats just how the game is played, aliens will fill this roll nicely
Elias

Australia

#32 Aug 18, 2012
RYOKI wrote:
The possibility of aliens existing is almost impossible.
You will find life on other Planets, but finding intelligent life seems hard to believe.
Although we did have the wow signal on August 15, 1977, but that still dosn't prove there is intelligent life out there.
Actually according to the famous Drake equation there are at least 10,000 advanced civilisations in our nearest star systems based on statistical probability.

The Drake equation works on a logic test
- Life on earth is either a accident or intelligent design
- If it was an accident then the Drake equation is correct as there are billions of planets...
- If it is intelligent design then obviously it still proves there is intelligent life out there....

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33 Aug 18, 2012
I never really question the possibility of intelligence in the Universe. I think it would be more of a problem of recognition.

Location hidden

#34 Aug 18, 2012
Right now there are countless lifeforms within and about you, but they were never 'recognized' until the invention of the microscope. If you get my drift.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#35 Aug 18, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually according to the famous Drake equation there are at least 10,000 advanced civilisations in our nearest star systems based on statistical probability.
The Drake equation works on a logic test
- Life on earth is either a accident or intelligent design
- If it was an accident then the Drake equation is correct as there are billions of planets...
- If it is intelligent design then obviously it still proves there is intelligent life out there....
According to the famous Drake equation?

If there is 10 thousand advanced civilisations in our nearest star systems, then we would have made at least some form of contact by now.

However, there is Billions of Planets in space but that still does not prove there is Intelligent life out there.

Theres alot of holes and missing unexplained events in the theory of human evolution, but I personally believe the human race was formed by accident. Like 1 in a Billion chance or more.(No gods created the human race)

If there is Intelligent life out there, they could be cave people for all we know. After all, the Universe is still in its infancy stage.

The Human race is the most technology advanced civilization. There is no proof of any other. My own thoughts.

Location hidden

#36 Aug 18, 2012
Assuming that intelligent life would evolve parallel to the human 'experience' is in my opinion a narrow view, considering the diversity of life forms on Earth. If you think about it. But that is just one perspective of many possibilities. For all we know, pulsars for example, could be a higher form of communication by an intelligence that we fail to recognize.

Location hidden

#37 Aug 18, 2012
Ufos are real!!

Governments cover it up,

they had gentlemen agreement with aliens. That aliens will cooperate with goverments of the ellite in technology but ellites must ban Nuclear conflicts or else there would be a mass ufo intervention to stop nuclear wars. It japradize our universe
Curiosity

Melbourne, Australia

#39 Aug 18, 2012
what? UFOs? How come curiosity didnt see one on the way to mars? I dont believe in UFOs & if aliens existed they would more than likely go to Canberra parliament house & discuss carbon emissions with politicians & how it affects their alien lungs. Thats if they exist.

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#40 Aug 18, 2012
the razor wrote:
the new world order will need a future GLOBAL enemy, thats just how the game is played, aliens will fill this roll nicely
Ding!.....We have a winner!
I seen em

Portland, OR

#41 Aug 18, 2012
Just think about it, with a mockup of the inside of a spaceship and some basic alien costumes, you could kidnap young girls and do whatever you wanted to with them in the way of probing – then let them wake up in a field somewhere, and no one would ever believe their story!
Elias

Australia

#42 Aug 18, 2012
RYOKI wrote:
<quoted text>However, there is Billions of Planets in space but that still does not prove there is Intelligent life out there.
I think it's fairly well established by almost 99% of scientists that where planets have earthlike conditions then it's more probable there is life than there isn't. We can already view earthlike planets using high freq telescopes. The question is are we the first? if not then could other planets produced intelligent life? Drake's formula is fairly meticulous, he accounts quite accurately for the number of earth like planets (goldilocks planets not too far and not to close to suns)and then only accounts for a tiny fraction of these that have nurtured intelligent life...his number of 10,000 is actually the most conservative estimate given the number of earth like planets out there.
RYOKI wrote:
Theres alot of holes and missing unexplained events in the theory of human evolution, but I personally believe the human race was formed by accident. Like 1 in a Billion chance or more.(No gods created the human race)
Yes that seems reasonable. Don't forget two possible reasons we have not detected life in space is a) the vast distances and b) the frequencies we are looking for such as radio may be considered quite primitive in space and not used.
Elias

Australia

#43 Aug 18, 2012
I seen em wrote:
Just think about it, with a mockup of the inside of a spaceship and some basic alien costumes, you could kidnap young girls and do whatever you wanted to with them in the way of probing – then let them wake up in a field somewhere, and no one would ever believe their story!
Did you ever see the movie "Earth girls are easy"?

Location hidden

#44 Aug 19, 2012
Any advanced civilization with the technology to transverse such distances (or even dimensions) would consider mankind a curiosity at best. Why would they want to make contact with a such primitive species other than research?
Elias

Australia

#45 Aug 19, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
Any advanced civilization with the technology to transverse such distances (or even dimensions) would consider mankind a curiosity at best. Why would they want to make contact with a such primitive species other than research?
There is a train of thought we humans are lab rats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need some right now any one up 1 hr Dark chocolate 26 1
News Dead Australian climbing couple's emergency bea... 1 hr Sambo 2
Where to get Quality Wee d / Hashes in Melbourne 3 hr Donald 2
News Royal Commission reveals more than 80 church of... 3 hr truth 4
White Genes ARE Weak (Jun '12) 16 hr Bama62 33
News Regular Drinkers, Irregular Heartbeat? Wed Foo De Drinkaroo 4
Sucking on a female friends breasts (Jul '12) Dec 6 rosebazzan 35
More from around the web