Australia harpoons Japan's whaling at top UN court

Jun 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Channelnewsasia.com

Japan's annual hunt for hundreds of whales in the Antarctic is nothing more than business disguised as science, Australia told the UN's highest court on Wednesday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of92
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 26, 2013
 
Now if only they fought as hard for human rights like that of Assange
to regain his freedom. Who says humans shouldn't be given a higher priority than whales?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 26, 2013
 
Whales contribute far more to the world than dirty Asians.
Doc

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 26, 2013
 
Ahomana wrote:
Now if only they fought as hard for human rights like that of Assange
to regain his freedom. Who says humans shouldn't be given a higher priority than whales?
Same way we dont allow euthanasia for the terminally ill and suffering, but if an animal is suffering its inhumane not to put it down
Truth

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Faith wrote:
Whales contribute far more to the world than dirty Asians.
Japs have been hunting for whales for hundreds of years before the name Australia became an idea ! The problem is not the whales the problem is that Australia is a mistake and should not even exist Lol! Australia is just trying to control international waters
Bobo

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 26, 2013
 
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Japs have been hunting for whales for hundreds of years before the name Australia became an idea ! The problem is not the whales the problem is that Australia is a mistake and should not even exist Lol! Australia is just trying to control international waters
Do you think Australia is the lone ranger on this issue? Maybe you would think they should wait until whale are extinct before they decide to stop. Japan have been hunting whales for hundreds of years, but now with modern technology they are taking too much, it was fine in the old days when they were only taking a few here and there, not now
Muslim Mom

Pennant Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Any yummy Whale Meat Recipes?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 27, 2013
 
casino wrote:
You were just afraid the Japs would harpoon you by mistaken identity.

Has anyone ever tried to tow you back out to sea when you are on the beach ?
Lol, harsh

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 27, 2013
 
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Japs have been hunting for whales for hundreds of years before the name Australia became an idea ! The problem is not the whales the problem is that Australia is a mistake and should not even exist Lol! Australia is just trying to control international waters
Were they sailing down below Australia to hunt whale?

Please provide links, I wouldn't mind a read.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 27, 2013
 
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Japs have been hunting for whales for hundreds of years before the name Australia became an idea ! The problem is not the whales the problem is that Australia is a mistake and should not even exist Lol! Australia is just trying to control international waters
Australia shouldn't exist? But then where would all those filthy muslims go to collect welfare and cause trouble? England?
Fck the Japanese. I'm glad we nuked them.
The stones

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Bobo wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think Australia is the lone ranger on this issue? Maybe you would think they should wait until whale are extinct before they decide to stop. Japan have been hunting whales for hundreds of years, but now with modern technology they are taking too much, it was fine in the old days when they were only taking a few here and there, not now
Australia used whale. You can't blame the Japanese for whales being on the extinction list. The western world harpooned them into this mess. How the hell do you think people used to light there rooms before the petrochemical era.

I don't agree with whaling but Australia is in no position to lecture the Japanese on whaling when we have killed more whales then they have.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 27, 2013
 
The stones wrote:
<quoted text>Australia used whale. You can't blame the Japanese for whales being on the extinction list. The western world harpooned them into this mess. How the hell do you think people used to light there rooms before the petrochemical era.

I don't agree with whaling but Australia is in no position to lecture the Japanese on whaling when we have killed more whales then they have.
How do you figure we've killed more?

Lets go to Africa and kill some lions, Africans have killed more lions than us so I hope they don't plan on telling us not to!!!

You halfwit!!

“Free Speeech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

normal Aussie wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you figure we've killed more?
Lets go to Africa and kill some lions, Africans have killed more lions than us so I hope they don't plan on telling us not to!!!
You halfwit!!
There were whaling stations down the NSW coastline like Byron Bay and South of Sydney as well as WA like Albany

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>There were whaling stations down the NSW coastline like Byron Bay and South of Sydney as well as WA like Albany
I know that, that hardly constitutes more and hardly constitutes a good reason to kill more.

Eden was also a whaling town
Ahsolemana

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 27, 2013
 
normal Aussie wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, harsh
When that horrid obscenity is lying on the beach the tide is too scared to come back in
Bobo

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 27, 2013
 
The stones wrote:
<quoted text>
Australia used whale. You can't blame the Japanese for whales being on the extinction list. The western world harpooned them into this mess. How the hell do you think people used to light there rooms before the petrochemical era.
I don't agree with whaling but Australia is in no position to lecture the Japanese on whaling when we have killed more whales then they have.
How many have we killed lately? are we still killing them? So because we used to light lanterns with whale oil a hundred years ago we should just let the Japs go on and kill more endangered whales?

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 27, 2013
 
The stones wrote:
<quoted text>
Australia used whale. You can't blame the Japanese for whales being on the extinction list. The western world harpooned them into this mess. How the hell do you think people used to light there rooms before the petrochemical era.
I don't agree with whaling but Australia is in no position to lecture the Japanese on whaling when we have killed more whales then they have.
Who better to lecture them than a country that used to hunt this animal to almost extinction, and who have realised their mistake and done a complete turn around to protect them at all cost. Australia is fixing their error! The Japanese however, have known about whales being endangered for as long as the rest of the world, and yet they show such arrogance in choosing to ignore the facts so it can be fed to them on their dinner plate.
Geeza

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 27, 2013
 
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Who better to lecture them than a country that used to hunt this animal to almost extinction, and who have realised their mistake and done a complete turn around to protect them at all cost. Australia is fixing their error! The Japanese however, have known about whales being endangered for as long as the rest of the world, and yet they show such arrogance in choosing to ignore the facts so it can be fed to them on their dinner plate.
I know this isnt a great example but the japs have been eating whales for hundreds of years, so its kind of like them telling us to stop eating steak because they dont like us killing cows, I would tell them where to stick their opinions too!. I know killing cows isnt the same as killing whales but you get my point?

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 27, 2013
 
Geeza wrote:
<quoted text>I know this isnt a great example but the japs have been eating whales for hundreds of years, so its kind of like them telling us to stop eating steak because they dont like us killing cows, I would tell them where to stick their opinions too!. I know killing cows isnt the same as killing whales but you get my point?
Yes I do get your point, there is one major difference in it though, cows are not endangered and if they were the Australian government would ban the eating of them poste haste, that is what they do...The Japanese can continue eating them to extinction and then what? NO Whales for their dinner table of for people to enjoy....eh!
Geeza

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do get your point, there is one major difference in it though, cows are not endangered and if they were the Australian government would ban the eating of them poste haste, that is what they do...The Japanese can continue eating them to extinction and then what? NO Whales for their dinner table of for people to enjoy....eh!
Aborigines are still allowed to hunt turtles
Muslim Mom

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jun 27, 2013
 
Next Whale on beach inside of Australia please cut meat for sale at Sydney Fish Market, thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of92
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

181 Users are viewing the Australia Forum right now

Search the Australia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Indian Girls vs White Girls, Whose More Attract... (Aug '13) 2 min fu man chu 212
This is what the entire world deserves 5 min Shila 13
Australia will be property of Islam inshah allah 15 min Ali in the House 14
why chinese and indian people are everywhere yo... 18 min fu man chu 56
Don't let our future white people become endang... 40 min kryptonite101 29
WAR India v Australia, who will win? 43 min Incredible India 1,593
Rude police 58 min Goats Milk Australia 66
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Uk... 1 hr Foo 516
•••
•••