Arrogant Australians! We have a bad r...

Arrogant Australians! We have a bad reputation overseas

Posted in the Australia Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Elias

Monash, Australia

#1 Dec 9, 2007
Anyone care to respond to this opnion peice in the AGE newspaper

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/12/09/...

**There are plenty of people out there who love Australians for our good humour and positive spirit. But each of us needs to give some thought to our international reputation when we travel, because it affects how we get treated when we go overseas, and the number of people who are willing to pay the air fare to visit us.***
Dee

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#2 Dec 9, 2007
Elias wrote:
Anyone care to respond to this opnion peice in the AGE newspaper
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/12/09/...
**There are plenty of people out there who love Australians for our good humour and positive spirit. But each of us needs to give some thought to our international reputation when we travel, because it affects how we get treated when we go overseas, and the number of people who are willing to pay the air fare to visit us.***
This made me laugh. Of course there are Aussies anyone would be ashamed to own, I have seen them myself, you can only groan and pray nobody identifies you with them - but there is no fouler-mouthed crew than the English and Irish. Ask the locals who have moved out of beachside areas in Sydney because of English/Irish backpackers and their barbarous behaviour at all hours.

There are two Australias - unfortunately, the Aussies who never travelled beyond Bali are now venturing further afield. I don't know what we can really do about it. Deny them passports on the grounds that they are irredeemable ockers and may embarrass us?
Elias

Australia

#3 Dec 10, 2007
Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
This made me laugh. Of course there are Aussies anyone would be ashamed to own, I have seen them myself, you can only groan and pray nobody identifies you with them - but there is no fouler-mouthed crew than the English and Irish. Ask the locals who have moved out of beachside areas in Sydney because of English/Irish backpackers and their barbarous behaviour at all hours.
There are two Australias - unfortunately, the Aussies who never travelled beyond Bali are now venturing further afield. I don't know what we can really do about it. Deny them passports on the grounds that they are irredeemable ockers and may embarrass us?
I actually think this article is a gross misrepresentation. Most Aussie families travelling overseas would hardly fall into this blanket categorisation of "yobbos".

Seems like there are snooty creatures in Australian journalism
haha

Moreton In Marsh, UK

#4 Dec 10, 2007
Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm English and i have to agree. I've travelled quite a bit, but no matter where i go in the world, whether it's california, Holland, Eastern Europe or Antarctica, there always seems to be English and Irish beer louts giving it large. I remember when i was in Amsterdam watching a football match at a bar. And all the English supporters were like," yeahhhhhhh i got ma beeeeer!!!". And there was me standing beside them with my little glass of water trying to be one of the lads lol.
Elias

Australia

#5 Dec 10, 2007
haha wrote:
<quoted text>I'm English and i have to agree. I've travelled quite a bit, but no matter where i go in the world, whether it's california, Holland, Eastern Europe or Antarctica, there always seems to be English and Irish beer louts giving it large. I remember when i was in Amsterdam watching a football match at a bar. And all the English supporters were like," yeahhhhhhh i got ma beeeeer!!!". And there was me standing beside them with my little glass of water trying to be one of the lads lol.
This is the crux of the arguement. If you look for yobbos, you will find them. When Im overseas I never look for other aussies, I think thats why this journalist is all self conscious and embarrased.
Yankee

Santa Clara, CA

#6 Dec 19, 2007
While traveling thru W. Europe on a conducted tour a few years ago, there were 6 Aussie couples and a Kiwi couple in the group-all youngish in their 20's & 30's..

Good, friendly, decent ppl-no complaints...but then then you coulndt afford to be in this group if you were a "yobbo"
Elias

Monash, Australia

#7 Dec 19, 2007
One interesting phenomenon

As a dark complexioned Aussie living in Asia (about 10 yrs ago), its amusing how Australians are embarrassed that I call myself Australian at expatriate functions

even the Aussie yobbos are snobs overseas. A sign of self counsciousness and lack of an identity me thinks

I never had this reaction from Candians Europeans and Americans
Rhonda

Australia

#9 Dec 19, 2007
I don't know about us being arrogant, We are outspoken and say what we think, but that is good yes there is yobbos who give us a bad name overseas.
Dee

Pennant Hills, Australia

#10 Dec 20, 2007
Ocker trash wrote:
<quoted text>
Good on ya mate, we ockers are a bunch of racist inferiority complex ridden yobs, hence all the ignorance. Me ancestors were peat bog convicts ape shitting a storm and munching on deer meat before they were bundled off on the Bounty and the poofs dry humped each other all the way to Terra Australis where they killed, raped and pillaged the Aborigines and stole their land and then started butt kissing every foreign power, POMS even the septic tank yanks to show our "superiority". Fair dinkum mate, the Anglos are pure trash spawn by incest and nothing but.
Still obsessing about 'kissing arses'?

Anglos are pure trash, are they? Guess that's why they ruled most of the world for so long and invented modern life.

You really do have a huge racial hang-up, don't you? Is it because Indians kissed Anglo butt for so long, perhaps?

You should watch Jack's favourite, Jane Elliott - you can get off by seeing white people humiliated, and wouldn't that be fun for you.
Yankee

Portland, OR

#13 Dec 20, 2007
Ocker trash wrote:
<quoted text>
The little pony headed Indian vindaloo curry balls are like the convict trash, they kissed POMMY arse from 1847 to 1947 and then dumbass septic tank ass from 1995 onwards. BTW, the Indians are the most pathetic and low-life scum, almost as lowly as the racist ocker trash, just for your historical racist correctness, just 60,000 Persians invaded India under Nadir Shah and occupied the whole country. Also the central Asian Muslims ruled India under the Moghul dynasty for over 1,300 years from 734 AD onwards. NO much to say about these curry smelling little rats eh. From an architectural point of view (since me is an dinky di bonza engineer eh), the Muslims built every historical building in India from Taj mahal to the Red Fort in Dehli, not to mention the Shalimar gardens etc. See lardass, us ockers are pretty educated eh.
It is hillarious to see the dumbass ignorant AmeriKKKans trying to "beef-up" India as a counter-weight to China. The correct analogy would be, the US delusional policies are like pissing in your pants on a cold Canuck winterday to stay warm, it just gives you a warm fuzzy feeling for a while and then the piss freezes on your legs..eh ( I know from personal experience)LOL.
All that's past history. Try the same thing with a nuclear armed, missile toting India witha 1 million plus standing army & someones in for a huge thrashing.

Judging by your posts, any attempt by you to cross into the US will liley lead straight to Gitmo - chained to both sides of a C130 with a gunny bag with no cutouts over your head. From Gitmo, you'll likely be renditioned to Egypt for waterboarding.

Joker, the CIA may be closing in on your door tonite. Good luck !
Dee

Australia

#15 Dec 20, 2007
Elias wrote:
One interesting phenomenon
As a dark complexioned Aussie living in Asia (about 10 yrs ago), its amusing how Australians are embarrassed that I call myself Australian at expatriate functions
even the Aussie yobbos are snobs overseas. A sign of self counsciousness and lack of an identity me thinks
I never had this reaction from Candians Europeans and Americans
"its amusing how Australians are embarrassed that I call myself Australian at expatriate functions"

Really? How weird - didn't you say you were born here and speak with an Aussie accent?
Dee

Australia

#16 Dec 20, 2007
Ocker trash wrote:
<quoted text>
The little pony headed Indian vindaloo curry balls are like the convict trash, they kissed POMMY arse from 1847 to 1947 and then dumbass septic tank ass from 1995 onwards. BTW, the Indians are the most pathetic and low-life scum, almost as lowly as the racist ocker trash, just for your historical racist correctness, just 60,000 Persians invaded India under Nadir Shah and occupied the whole country. Also the central Asian Muslims ruled India under the Moghul dynasty for over 1,300 years from 734 AD onwards. NO much to say about these curry smelling little rats eh. From an architectural point of view (since me is an dinky di bonza engineer eh), the Muslims built every historical building in India from Taj mahal to the Red Fort in Dehli, not to mention the Shalimar gardens etc. See lardass, us ockers are pretty educated eh.
It is hillarious to see the dumbass ignorant AmeriKKKans trying to "beef-up" India as a counter-weight to China. The correct analogy would be, the US delusional policies are like pissing in your pants on a cold Canuck winterday to stay warm, it just gives you a warm fuzzy feeling for a while and then the piss freezes on your legs..eh ( I know from personal experience)LOL.
"It is hillarious to see the dumbass ignorant AmeriKKKans trying to "beef-up" India as a counter-weight to China."

The average American is most likely the same as the average Australian - they have nothing in particular against Indians and Chinese, they simply don't want millions of them to be imported into Western countries.

We have nothing in common with them, culturally, linguistically or historically. Importing millions of aliens will weaken the West in the end. They have no liking for us, they want to improve their lives at our expense.
Yankee

Portland, OR

#17 Dec 21, 2007
Ocker trash wrote:
<quoted text>
The CIA could not find its arse on fire let alone me. LOL. You Americunts are so paranoid and pathetic, no wonder you are ignorant globally hated hicks. LOL.
BTW, dumbo in 1962 the Chinese kicked puny greasy Indian vindaloo arse in 3 days capturing almost all of Aksai-Chin, NEFA and area north of Ladakh. The took 150,000 prisoners, fed them, cleaned their US supplied weapons and returned them. I don't think little black starving Indians are known for their martial qualities.But for Only kissing white arse, even AmeriKKKans who routinely kill Indian grad students like the ones in Louisiana last week by racist rednecks. How pathetic?????
The Sino-Indian War also known as the Sino-Indian Border Conflict, was a war between China and India. The initial cause of the conflict was a disputed region of the Himalayan border in Arunachal Pradesh, known in China as South Tibet. Fighting began on 10 October 1962 between the People's Liberation Army and the Military of India. The first heavy engagement of the war was a Chinese attack on an Indian patrol north of the McMahon Line.[2] The conflict eventually widened to include the region of Aksai Chin which the PRC regarded as a strategic link, via the China National Highway route G219, between the Chinese-administered territories of Tibet and Xinjiang. The war ended when the Chinese captured both disputed areas and unilaterally declared a ceasefire on 20 November 1962, which went into effect at midnight.
Past history moron, all you do is parrot past history (1961).

Nuclear India is bristling with missiles & a million+ army - all this since 1961.

Since then India Pakistan has beaten senseless in 1965, Pakistan was dismembered in 1971, Sikkim was annexed in 1973, Nuke bombs were tested in 1971, Nuke tipped Intermediate Range Ballistic Missilies (IRBM's) inducted into the Indian Army in 1994 with every Chinese & Paki city well within range, Nukes tested in 1998 (5 atomic tests in 2 days), supersonic cruise missiles inducted into the Indian Navy in 2003.

Now bring on Pakistan and/or China and/or Persia and/or Asian Muslims. LOL.

BTW mussie-man, in the meantime think C130's, gunny sacks on head, Gitmo & rendition.
Indian

Santa Clara, CA

#19 Dec 21, 2007
Ocker trash wrote:
<quoted text>
Looke here Vindaloo boy, the situation is this dumbo: India and Pak are multiethnic post-colonial nations that and are barely managing to get a failed state position, let alone take on the world's only MEGA-POWER CHINA which is homogenous and socially cohesive. The Indians and the Pakis are the same people and deserve each other. Their "awrs" that you ignoramus mention, were a joke. The curry eating garlic smelling, head rotatating beeners never fought beyond a few days and their casualties were never more than a few hundred, either in 1965, 1971 or 1999 Kargil fiasco. The Pakis surrendered enmasse to the holy cow worshippers in 1971 in their eastern shithole now called Bangladesh withoutr firing a "shot". The holy cow beeners took over 100,000 paki prisoners. BTW, most Pakis are the same as Indians, they just eat meat while the Hindus eat lentils and fart a lot. BTW, there are more Mooslems in India than in Pakiland. Got that bub. All they all smell like the AmeriKKKan trash.
Get your history and fantasy right junior and forget about Indians saving loser AmeriKKKan arse from the Chinese. They own you eternal losers..eh. Now Git..LOL.
Hey Lebo Bin Laden lover, Watch out for that knock on your door in your god-forsaken frozen wasteland (Edmonton, LOL) anyday now...the CIA is watching you. Does being chained to a C130 with a gunny bag on your Lebo head sound good ? If not, get used to it.

Now Lebo mussie, have your heroes China mess with India & watch em get blown to pieces...and they can pick their fav nuke missile too. India **Dismembered** Pakistan in 1971 then cut em to pieces in Kargil...LOL...your fellow mussies got put into Vindaloo...LOL.

If China dares, they await the same fate.

Man those Canucks have done a number on you and condemned you to their Seberia..Edmonton...LOL.

LOL. ROFLMAO.
Indian

Santa Clara, CA

#21 Dec 21, 2007
Ocker trash wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotcha you vindaloo curry breath..eh..LOL. BTW, the Lebs are the Arab scum version of Indians you ignorant cow worshipping Americunt arse kisser. As I said before, you Indians, Pakis and Lebs-Ayrabs all deserve each other. Only nation that matters now is China. So go to your nearest Wal-Mart and buy something for China. Even the arse-wipe US flag is made in China.LOL. guess who is laughing now..samosa sambo..lol..lol...lol..muhahah ahaha BTW, the US is nation of total losers so Indians trying to kiss arse is even funnier.The racist rednecks in AmeriKKKa don't like the curry farters despite the 24/7 arse licking LOL....
Baton Rouge (Louisiana), December 15: Two Indian doctoral students were found shot dead in an apparent home invasion in a Louisiana university campus apartment. Police on Friday were searching for three suspects in the killings.
The victims, Chandrasekhar Reddy Komma and Kiran Kumar Allam, were found inside an apartment at the Edward Gay complex on the campus of Louisiana State University late on Thursday after authorities received a call from Allam's pregnant wife requesting urgent medical aid.
Both men had been shot once in the head, said Charles Zewe, an LSU spokesman. Three white men were seen leaving the apartment. Police are assuming this to be a racial attack and hate-crime. The American South is known for intolerance and bigotry. In the current economic downturn, there is growing resentment towards foreigners, particularly Indian nations who are perceived to be taking the few remaining professional jobs left in the US.
Hey Lebo Mussie Trash...so youre heroes are the Chinese huh ? Dumb moron, if they find you, you'll be in their Chow mein & then out their guts as crap the next morning. LOL.

LOL.

How did you end up in that craphole Edmonton ? Even Canucks avoid Edmonton like the plague & you've gone all the way from Oz to that Godforsaken hell-freezing-ver hole cuz you are spat on everywhere else, eh ?

Typical Lebo Mussie deportee from the Howard era, huh !!
Shalom

Surrey, Canada

#23 Jan 15, 2008
Wow, From Why Aussies might be getting a bad name in the travel world to all out racial bashing from both sides of the fence... Pure Class.

Anyhow, I've worked at ski hills in Canada for 3 years now and nowhere in our country will you bump into more Aussies. I thought Aussies seemed like most other people. Some were great people others were, in my opinion, dicks. I found how nationalistic they were made all the difference as to how open minded they were. It's one thing to love where you come from and another to tote the idea it's "the best".
Latino

Ingle Farm, Australia

#24 Jan 15, 2008
Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Still obsessing about 'kissing arses'?
Anglos are pure trash, are they? Guess that's why they ruled most of the world for so long and invented modern life.
You really do have a huge racial hang-up, don't you? Is it because Indians kissed Anglo butt for so long, perhaps?
You should watch Jack's favourite, Jane Elliott - you can get off by seeing white people humiliated, and wouldn't that be fun for you.
/"Guess that's why they ruled most of the world for so long and invented modern life."/
What the hell are you talking about. Anglo's did not rule the world for so long. Anglo's only got off their lazy arses to sail the world after the *spanish *portuguese *dutch *chinese *French and many many more who did this befor them. Anglo's ruling the world my arse. And than you think they invented modern life. You must be on drugs. I think you you need to go back to school and learn your history.
Elias

Monash, Australia

#25 Jan 15, 2008
****all out racial bashing from both sides of the fence... Pure Class.*****

Australia had the White Australia Policy for 65 years. if you read the editorial published in the intervening years (1901 - 1966) you will understand the Australian mind very well.
Dee

Church Point, Australia

#26 Jan 16, 2008
Latino wrote:
<quoted text>/"Guess that's why they ruled most of the world for so long and invented modern life."/
What the hell are you talking about. Anglo's did not rule the world for so long. Anglo's only got off their lazy arses to sail the world after the *spanish *portuguese *dutch *chinese *French and many many more who did this befor them. Anglo's ruling the world my arse. And than you think they invented modern life. You must be on drugs. I think you you need to go back to school and learn your history.
Take a look at who invented what. You will discover that Anglo and German names dominate the list.

"Anglo's ruling the world my arse."

Why are you in an 'Anglo' rather than a Latino country? Better life, perhaps?

"You must be on drugs"

Of course, anyone you disagree with must be on drugs LOL.
SHAZZA AND DAZZA

Woodridge, Australia

#27 Jan 16, 2008
OH YEAH MATE FOR F....K SAKES SMITHY, WHERE'S ME THONGS I CANT FIND ME THONGS,I'M HAVIN A BARBY TONIGHT, YA COMIN SMITHY!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
May I have a gay massage? 2 hr Arjun 378 3
White people are scum thieves of the world (Mar '13) 17 hr Tdex123 153
News A different dynamic: indie feature Zelos boasts... 20 hr Clive Palmer 1
News Teens arrested as police ramp up Melbourne carj... 20 hr Sniffy 1
Australia's Muslim Population Fastest Growing I... (Aug '12) Wed Glo53 182
Which race women is best on bed ? (Oct '12) Wed Rauf Iala 44
A New Take Wed A Random Poster 209
More from around the web