Aussie tourist kidnapped and raped in...

Aussie tourist kidnapped and raped in Paris

Posted in the Australia Forum

dee

Sydney, Australia

#1 Aug 13, 2008
"AN Australian tourist in Paris was held captive for 15 hours and repeatedly raped at a squat in the city.

The 23-year-old woman was attacked by a man who had befriended her in the street.

An Algerian man, 25, of no fixed address, had been arrested over the assault, according to French media.

The woman, who spoke little French and knew no one, had been staying in a youth hostel for several weeks when she struck up a conversation with a "pleasant looking" man on July 29, the Daily Telegraph reported.

They had a meal together before taking a train to what he said was his apartment.

It turned out to be a squat in a high-rise block in Torcy, in the citty's eastern suburbs.

The woman was held against her will at the sqaut and was raped several times before being released the following morning.

Her accused attacker was arrested at a local railway station last week."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24174174...

Not the first time this has happened to a naive young girl, and not only to Australian girls. A British girl was murdered and chopped up by her 'boyfriend' recently in Brazil. What possessed this girl to go off with a stranger in a foreign city? But you don't need to travel abroad to find danger - like this stupid woman:

"HIV-infected man who had unprotected sex avoids jail sentence
http://tinyurl.com/54q3ck

LAM Kuoth knew he was HIV-positive when he met a woman at a Chapel Street nightclub, returned to her home and had unprotected sex with her.

Yesterday Kuoth, 29, received a two-year wholly suspended sentence in the County Court after he pleaded guilty to two counts of recklessly endangering the unwitting 24-year-old woman. He was put on a strict community-based order and told he must undergo treatment and counselling, and abstain from alcohol.

His victim was not infected with the virus, but Judge Paul Lacava said Kuoth had known he exposed her to danger.

Kuoth, formerly of the Geelong suburb of Norlane, migrated to Australia from Sudan in 2006 and was diagnosed HIV-positive three months later.

Former chief health officer Dr Robert Hall placed Kuoth on an order under the Health Act on April 4, 2007, to practise safe sex and tell partners he had HIV.

In December Kuoth was deemed a security risk for a second time and isolated in an empty ward at the Thomas Embling hospital. Now in a suburban house under 24-hour staff supervision, Kuoth is allowed four hours of unsupervised release each day.

Judge Lacava said that after a year of counselling Kuoth acknowledged the mistakes in his conduct."

India isn't safe either - a recent BBC report on one of the British women raped in Goa stated: "She is just one victim among thousands. The numbers are horrifying. On average across India there are 53 rapes [of female tourists] a day, and recently released government statistics suggest that it is the fastest growing crime in the country."

What is wrong with these stupid females?

“Ngali”

Since: Jun 08

Perth

#2 Aug 13, 2008
Wow, and I just got finished telling people travel was safe. I guess it's a different experience completely for women.

Then again, you have to have a certain amount of street sense. I'm not one for getting roaring drunk or otherwise consciously altered when overseas, and I'm suspicious enough to wonder why people want to lead me away from where I know my surroundings.

You can get in as much trouble as humanly possible overseas if you're not thinking about it. Same for home really.
dee

Sydney, Australia

#3 Aug 13, 2008
ngali wrote:
Wow, and I just got finished telling people travel was safe. I guess it's a different experience completely for women.
Then again, you have to have a certain amount of street sense. I'm not one for getting roaring drunk or otherwise consciously altered when overseas, and I'm suspicious enough to wonder why people want to lead me away from where I know my surroundings.
You can get in as much trouble as humanly possible overseas if you're not thinking about it. Same for home really.
<I just got finished telling people travel was safe>

It usually is, but it doesn't hurt to observe a few commonsense rules, especially for females - like NOT going off into the sunset with a complete stranger.

<I guess it's a different experience completely for women>

It is - women would be fools to venture into some parts of the world alone. A friend of mine was almost kidnapped in Algeria, the only thing that saved her was her blonde hair. She managed to pull off her hood (yes, she was properly covered) and the driver of a passing tourist bus pulled up and the guys ran away.
Joe

Arverne, NY

#4 Aug 13, 2008
My niece moved alone to Sydney, I wonder how she gets along all by herself.
Traveling is never safe alone for a woman, especially in an alien environment.
Joe

Arverne, NY

#5 Aug 13, 2008
If I was that girl's father or brother, I would find that rapist and castrate him.
Dee you are an idiot

UK

#6 Aug 13, 2008
How could you possibly say this? Since when is it the females fault?
dee

Narara, Australia

#7 Aug 13, 2008
Dee you are an idiot wrote:
How could you possibly say this? Since when is it the females fault?
Maybe you should read what is actually written before you call anyone an idiot.

I sympathise with the girl in Paris, but it could have been avoided by acting with a degree of self-preservation. Whether or not you agree, it is plain STUPID to go anywhere with a stranger no matter how 'pleasant' he seems, especially in a foreign place. She's lucky to be alive.

The woman who risked AIDS by having sex with a man from the group most likely to be infected is also just plain stupid, except I have no sympathy for her at all.

If you want to assign 'fault'- everyone needs to take some responsibility for their own safety. If the guy had broken into her house, or dragged her off the street and raped her, it would in no way be her fault. But she went off with him willingly, that is a stupid action. The fact that she behaved in a stupid fashion doesn't mitigate his offence in any way.

So maybe you should direct your abusive terms to the right people.
right answer-sydney

Australia

#8 Aug 14, 2008
What was she doing in Paris by herself? Even in Australia similar things can happen, Females must take more precautions. They should get married have children, cook and wash, Go out with family members.
dee

Narara, Australia

#9 Aug 14, 2008
right answer-sydney wrote:
What was she doing in Paris by herself? Even in Australia similar things can happen, Females must take more precautions. They should get married have children, cook and wash, Go out with family members.
Let's not get carried away.

A bit of commonsense will suffice to keep most people safe.
right answer-sydney

Australia

#10 Aug 14, 2008
australische Frau war Angriff in Paris, was sie war, dort durch sie selbst tuend.
a femelle australienne était l'attaque à Paris, ce qui était elle en faisant là par elle moi.
What was doing there
dee

Narara, Australia

#11 Aug 14, 2008
right answer-sydney wrote:
australische Frau war Angriff in Paris, was sie war, dort durch sie selbst tuend.
a femelle australienne était l'attaque à Paris, ce qui était elle en faisant là par elle moi.
What was doing there
Seems as if she was a tourist, staying at a youth hostel suggests she was doing things on the cheap.
right answer-sydney

Australia

#12 Aug 14, 2008
dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems as if she was a tourist, staying at a youth hostel suggests she was doing things on the cheap.
people should take extra care,when they away from home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Which black race is the stupidest? (Dec '14) 4 hr Xavier Gomez 9
Do white women really have sex with dogs? (Dec '12) 6 hr Emma 41
News Convertible apartment increases living space by... 10 hr Sydney Boy 1
Black People 10 hr Xavier Gomez 1
Why I hate Indians 10 hr WTF 4
Who are the most uncivilised countries in the w... (Jul '12) 11 hr IM Civilized 17
News War Indonesia vs Australia, Who will win? - Topix (Jan '11) 14 hr Muhamad 4,602
More from around the web