Experts want refugee intake raised to...
number96

Australia

#62 Nov 25, 2012
Sarah Hanson Young has MAD eyes like a Goat!!!
yeah right

Melbourne, Australia

#63 Nov 25, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
All this information is available under FOI. Try DIMIA...
DIMIA no longer exists. Departments chop and change.

I can not find any information on the numbers of Australians that have been displaced by refugees for housing, health care, dental care etc.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#64 Nov 25, 2012
nation of all nations wrote:
<quoted text>But these refugees are being illegally detained in these prisons. Apart from this, fabricated cases of thieving, smuggling of weapons and drugs have also been registered against some of the refugees. Even though the police have no evidence against these refugees, the case has been adjourned whenever it comes for the hearing. " - from Asia tribune article titled "Sri Lankan Tamil Refugees treated worse than ‘Beasts’ in Tamil Nadu" dated 07/12
A lot is wrong with modern India though. And the Lanka situation is still very murky.
There is nothing really murky at all. When the LTTE betrayed the IPKF and Indian government Indian soldiers retaliated by committing more abductions of young Tamil men and rapes against tamil women than in the entire history of the war. India's army was never equipped for a guerrilla war and withdrew facing a hostile LTTE now stengthened by recruits angry at the Indian army.

The treatment of Tamil refugees is simply petty revenge. The woman who assassinated Rajiv Gandhi was pack raped by Indian soldiers and was in a suicidal state of mind.

Of course India are still angry that they were not able to grab northern Sri Lanka....
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#65 Nov 25, 2012
yeah right wrote:
<quoted text>
DIMIA no longer exists. Departments chop and change.
I can not find any information on the numbers of Australians that have been displaced by refugees for housing, health care, dental care etc.
I haven't used their published data for many years, perhaps I am a little out of date.

What I was suggesting to Sairla is to write to them and they are obliged under FOI to provide whatever data they have collected.
Soulja

Ottawa, Canada

#66 Nov 25, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't used their published data for many years, perhaps I am a little out of date.
What I was suggesting to Sairla is to write to them and they are obliged under FOI to provide whatever data they have collected.
pakaya you are just out of date. tamules are out of date karyo. LOL
collect data vesi and immolate. LOL
Ill multiculti you

Delhi, India

#67 Nov 25, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing really murky at all. When the LTTE betrayed the IPKF and Indian government Indian soldiers retaliated by committing more abductions of young Tamil men and rapes against tamil women than in the entire history of the war. India's army was never equipped for a guerrilla war and withdrew facing a hostile LTTE now stengthened by recruits angry at the Indian army.
The treatment of Tamil refugees is simply petty revenge. The woman who assassinated Rajiv Gandhi was pack raped by Indian soldiers and was in a suicidal state of mind.
Of course India are still angry that they were not able to grab northern Sri Lanka....
You are a total loony. Any links to all your silly allegations? India tried to grab northern Sri Lanka??!! So Indian peace keepers incurred heavy losses and ended up fighting Tamil Eelam tigers instead? Yer total nuts.

Read again-
So you guys are more pissed at India than at Sri Lanka?

I for one will support the Tamils of Sri Lanka if they are fighting for their RIGHTS. Like the right to equality, equal opportunity, education, right to speak a language of choice, equal share of Lanka's resources, FREE SPEECH and right to unrestricted information at all ages so they can't be brain washed away from their right to follow any culture or belief they want.
.
What I will not do is support Eelam Tamils or anybody else who fights for their 'IDENTITY'.
.
IF YOU KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR IDENTITY, IN TIME FIGHTING WILL BECOME YOUR IDENTITY.
.
That is what happened to the Tigers.
That is why people stopped supporting the Lanka Tigers (not Lanka Tamils) and allowed Lanka Govt to do what it did. The Tigers were thus easily termed separatists, terrorists,(or freedom fighters, which is the same). And even the Indians including Tamils did not support them after that. Of course no body anticipated that the Lanka Gov would be that brutal and that quick.
.
But people of India will always have a soft spot for the Lanka Tamils especially if they are discriminated against in Sri Lanka. If they fight non violently for their rights- I for one, will support them.
I also sense a lot of suppressed rage behind your post quite akin to the islamists. Are you a Tamil Eelam supporter (an exTiger?)! Those are terrorists and separatists. Just like the Islamists, they are very much against the very idea of india - that all peoples and cultures can live and progress together in peace and harmony. They are monoculties that think they can only live well in a monocultural Tamil Eelam. All monocultural identity nutbags end up as terrorists, from white racists to IRA (partly) to Basque Identity fighters ETA,...

Of course many monoculties' fight for their identity is often alongside their fight for their rights, which maybe denied by another monoculti majority group sometimes. That is a crucial line of discernment.
Brown Monkeys

Perth, Australia

#68 Nov 26, 2012
Foo wrote:
The refugee "boat people" issue will take BOTH sides of parlaiment to reach the best possible outcome. If we did not spend the last two years with an "AWOL" opposition party , a better solution should have been in place by now.......Tony Abbott does not want a solution , for obvious reasons that don't need to be stated......
Shut up FooL, You must be the dumbest carnt ever.
Lets look at the facts.

Last five years under Howard = 300 boat scum.
Last five years under Labor = 30,000 boat scum.

And dont talk shit wanker and try to make out its not Labors fault as they dismantled a policy that was obviously working( just look at the numbers retard)Look at Lizzards speaches from 6 years ago stating TPVs are cruel and so is offshore processing. Then the speaches from the grubby Labor pigs indicating they are proud to dismantle the " Pacific solution" Well guess what wanknuts they have reversed the policy due to the fact once agin the dickheads have screewed up....what a surprise....lol

KNOB.

Retarded leftist twat.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#69 Nov 26, 2012
Ill multiculti you wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a Tamil Eelam supporter (an exTiger?)!.
No, I'm not
Ill multiculti you wrote:
<They are monoculties that think they can only live well in a monocultural Tamil Eelam. All monocultural identity nutbags end up as terrorists.
LOL! don't make me laugh. There are a myriad of castes and races in India who would murder their children if they so much as look at another Indian of a different caste or race. The worst offenders are your north Indian brethrin.
soft as titanioum

Delhi, India

#70 Nov 26, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not
<quoted text>
LOL! don't make me laugh. There are a myriad of castes and races in India who would murder their children if they so much as look at another Indian of a different caste or race. The worst offenders are your north Indian brethrin.
Myriad ehh? Lol ambidextrous with those vague quantifiers aren't you. Yeah india has its fair share of cultural egotist nutbags, but-

Is 10 percent a few or some or many? Some poster in just another thread replaced 16% by 'almost all'!

Few Tamils practice Dowry and caste based arraigned marriages, or some do, or is it many who do that? Lol. You can easily paint the picture any way you want to with those handy versatile and very affording quantifiers.

How many people will "murder their children if they so much as look at another Indian of a different caste or race?" LOL - THE ANSWER IS VERY FEW. There are other social ills too in India other than 'MURDER for looking', which are a bit more prevalent to deserve a wider scoped quantifier.

Yeah many/some/few northies are fcked up, but so are the southies, or the aussies or the chinese or yanks. They are just differently fcked to various degree.

And like you would ever say yes to the first question. But the suppressed rage in your posts does speak another story. Is that indignation? Or just result of bitter experiences of chance that turns some into misanthropes for life?

Lighten up dude (or not). I have no brethren north south east or west, so if you were trying to be fractious and provocative, it didn't even tickle.
10th LIGHT HORSE WA

Australia

#71 Nov 26, 2012
You can't be bloody serious we should be decreasing the mongrels
breef n brack breen sauce

Rockdale, Australia

#72 Nov 26, 2012
KOCH on 7 is a DEFEATIST & FACILITATOR who espouses the unfetterd entry of these people! Your own are allowing it! Whites selling out whites! MEDIA SCUM!!!!
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#73 Nov 26, 2012
soft as titanioum wrote:
<quoted text>How many people will "murder their children if they so much as look at another Indian of a different caste or race?" LOL - THE ANSWER IS VERY FEW. There are other social ills too in India other than 'MURDER for looking', which are a bit more prevalent to deserve a wider scoped quantifier.?.
Murder was perhaps a harsh word, however I know punjabi sikhs do threaten their daughters who want to date outside.
soft as titanioum wrote:
<Yeah many/some/few northies are fcked up, but so are the southies, or the aussies or the chinese or yanks. They are just differently fcked to various degree.?.
Possibly, and yes it can apply to some caste proud south Indians. You painted a picture of India as a multicultural heaven. What I can say is that it's a mirracle it has stood the test of time despite hundreds of groups all over the coutnry who were forcibly thrown together by the British for colonial adminsitrative purposes (i.e. resource/labour exploitation).

One thing India severely lacks that China has is unity. VS Naipaul described India as a collection of a "thousand mutinies"...each community in India is struck by pride in their ethnicity, each region has regional parochialism and there is religious bigotry and caste bigotry. This is the major challenge for India (along with endemic corruption) in the 21st century.
soft as titanioum wrote:
<And like you would ever say yes to the first question. But the suppressed rage in your posts does speak another story. Is that indignation? Or just result of bitter experiences of chance that turns some into misanthropes for life?.
No rage, just a manner of speaking. So what is your background? you live in India but have no relatives or community to speak off?
soft as titanium

Delhi, India

#74 Nov 26, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder was perhaps a harsh word, however I know punjabi sikhs do threaten their daughters who want to date outside.
<quoted text>
Possibly, and yes it can apply to some caste proud south Indians. You painted a picture of India as a multicultural heaven. What I can say is that it's a mirracle it has stood the test of time despite hundreds of groups all over the coutnry who were forcibly thrown together by the British for colonial adminsitrative purposes (i.e. resource/labour exploitation).
One thing India severely lacks that China has is unity. VS Naipaul described India as a collection of a "thousand mutinies"...each community in India is struck by pride in their ethnicity, each region has regional parochialism and there is religious bigotry and caste bigotry. This is the major challenge for India (along with endemic corruption) in the 21st century.
<quoted text>
No rage, just a manner of speaking. So what is your background? you live in India but have no relatives or community to speak off?
Much better post, so maybe I just caught you at a bad time yesterday? Did you miss the context of my initial post replying to 'STOP MARXISM'

I think its the other way round, China today has a dominant single culture- Han chinese culture or ccp culture that overshadows all other cultures. That is not so in India. All have space to breathe. Minorities mostly do well in India in that survival is never a question. Rights are a different issue, though it is less really on culture or caste lines and more on other factors. The Indian chaos and cacophony may seem disconcerting and most who come from more monoculti cultures will confuse that with disunity. But pluralism is deep seated in the Indic / Hindu psyche, and is a major part of the Indian identity, has been since 2 millennia now. India thus seems a miracle only to outsiders who see it through their still primitive monoculti eyes.

India's diversity is not its weakness vis a vis China (or otherwise). That is actually India's strength. What China today has and India does not is better socio ECONOMIC POLICIES (even though they call themselves communists LOL)

In India companies are not allowed to hire or fire on there own, to scale up or down according to demand. So most private players do not enter into mass manufacturing of common consumer goods. Mass employment generation does not happen (except somewhat in states like Gujrat and now Tamil Nadu :). Infrastructure dev is also lacking as is cheap resource availability like in China. INDIA NEEDS RATIONAL LABOUR LAWS more than anything else.

When labour starts moving from place to place and there is good connectivity, THEN people tend to be less parochial /insular. Infact international movement of labour will be one of the most unifying or at least pacifying forces in the world in this century, and help the whole world get into a truly multiculti mood. Do you think a China is likely to nuke Australia in the future if there are lots of Chinese in Aus. Same about USA and China or India and China...

You can't just ask people to get multiculti and expect they'll oblige. But if they HAVE to come and work together for their daily bread, multiculti will follow (in time).

Who could have made the connection between labour policies (read immigration policies in aus etc), and WORLD PEACE?
soft as titanium

Delhi, India

#75 Nov 26, 2012
Of course Aus should stop immigration (from asia?) for a few decades up until it has a better grip on the associated issues.

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

#76 Nov 26, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder was perhaps a harsh word, however I know punjabi sikhs do threaten their daughters who want to date outside.
<quoted text>
Possibly, and yes it can apply to some caste proud south Indians. You painted a picture of India as a multicultural heaven. What I can say is that it's a mirracle it has stood the test of time despite hundreds of groups all over the coutnry who were forcibly thrown together by the British for colonial adminsitrative purposes (i.e. resource/labour exploitation).
One thing India severely lacks that China has is unity. VS Naipaul described India as a collection of a "thousand mutinies"...each community in India is struck by pride in their ethnicity, each region has regional parochialism and there is religious bigotry and caste bigotry. This is the major challenge for India (along with endemic corruption) in the 21st century.
<quoted text>
No rage, just a manner of speaking. So what is your background? you live in India but have no relatives or community to speak off?
I found your post interesting, I tend to think of Indians as being Indian and then as belonging to various religious/cultural/social caste groups but from what you say, Indians will identify primarily by the group they belong to, then as Indians. A similar situation as where some Australians may identify primarily according to their culture/ethnicity before their identity as Australians. Hence the problems in multiculturalism when there is antipathy between these groups, because the individuals primary identification is with the group.
soft as titanium

Delhi, India

#77 Nov 26, 2012
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I found your post interesting, I tend to think of Indians as being Indian and then as belonging to various religious/cultural/social caste groups but from what you say, Indians will identify primarily by the group they belong to, then as Indians. A similar situation as where some Australians may identify primarily according to their culture/ethnicity before their identity as Australians. Hence the problems in multiculturalism when there is antipathy between these groups, because the individuals primary identification is with the group.
Not true at all. Outside India (or to an outsider) Indians will identify themselves as Indian, but within India they will call themselves Punjabi or Tamil or Gujrati etc. Within the state or sub group they may further refer to themselves or another by a further subculture. It goes on. Depends on who's asking and what he knows about Indian society to what depth.

This is same for all other peoples around the world too, like the brits are just brits to say a chinese, but will be scotts or welch or english (and irish?) inside of britain.

Many people are just nearsighted as far as their cultural identity goes. They are born into a culture or tribe and suffer indoctrination by geography. Throw in cultural pride or cultural ego and its just religion by another name. That is why moving people (labour) about is a real solution, the internet helps a lot too.

But how did you jump to antipathy from all that? Calling yourself British means you have to dislike the the Irish? Or if you think yourself as a Scott you must then hate the welch?

Maybe you are new to the idea of a pluralistic society. Usually its the Islamists that think like this. Their way of bringing human unity is to bring about a world wide monoculture (by destroying all other cultures). They can't quite accept the idea that different cultures that differ vastly in bahaviour and logics, CAN live together in peace and harmony and progress together. All that citizens (or sub cultures) of a larger multiculture have to do is to understand and follow just a few common rules of civics (rational man made laws), and things will turn out just fine.

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

#78 Nov 27, 2012
soft as titanium wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true at all. Outside India (or to an outsider) Indians will identify themselves as Indian, but within India they will call themselves Punjabi or Tamil or Gujrati etc. Within the state or sub group they may further refer to themselves or another by a further subculture. It goes on. Depends on who's asking and what he knows about Indian society to what depth.
This is same for all other peoples around the world too, like the brits are just brits to say a chinese, but will be scotts or welch or english (and irish?) inside of britain.
Many people are just nearsighted as far as their cultural identity goes. They are born into a culture or tribe and suffer indoctrination by geography. Throw in cultural pride or cultural ego and its just religion by another name. That is why moving people (labour) about is a real solution, the internet helps a lot too.
But how did you jump to antipathy from all that? Calling yourself British means you have to dislike the the Irish? Or if you think yourself as a Scott you must then hate the welch?
Maybe you are new to the idea of a pluralistic society. Usually its the Islamists that think like this. Their way of bringing human unity is to bring about a world wide monoculture (by destroying all other cultures). They can't quite accept the idea that different cultures that differ vastly in bahaviour and logics, CAN live together in peace and harmony and progress together. All that citizens (or sub cultures) of a larger multiculture have to do is to understand and follow just a few common rules of civics (rational man made laws), and things will turn out just fine.
I said 'when there is antipathy', not that it is a necessary conclusion where there are different cultures - no, I am not new to the idea of a pluralistic society, I have lived in societies pluralistic and mono-cultural and personally prefer a pluralistic community, with, as you suggest, common rules of civics, though I recognise the reality falls far short of this ideal.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#79 Nov 27, 2012
soft as titanium wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true at all. Outside India (or to an outsider) Indians will identify themselves as Indian, but within India they will call themselves Punjabi or Tamil or Gujrati etc. Within the state or sub group they may further refer to themselves or another by a further subculture. It goes on. Depends on who's asking and what he knows about Indian society to what depth..
Not quite true. I grew up in Malaysia and the North Indians are very very particular that they are not lumped in as "Indian". The reason is that Indian in Malaysia means Tamil who make up 60-70% of the Indian population. Thus Gujeratis, Marwaris, Punjabis and Bengalis go out of their way to emphasise their ethnic background so that Malay and Chinese and Europeans don't get them mixed up with Tamils.

In school I hung out with Tamils and Chinese students, the north Indians only hung out with Chinese or north Indians. I recall north Indian parents telling their kids not play with estate children (that is how they referred to us even if we were middle class English speaking and educated Tamils). Northies call us estate workers because many of the original Indian Tamils came to work as plantations. There is absolutely no unity between Tamils and north Indians in Malaysia.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#80 Nov 27, 2012
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I found your post interesting, I tend to think of Indians as being Indian and then as belonging to various religious/cultural/social caste groups but from what you say,
In India we are not unlike the irish catholics and protestants. The age old divisions are quite hard to dislodge.
soft as titanium

Delhi, India

#81 Nov 27, 2012
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I said 'when there is antipathy', not that it is a necessary conclusion where there are different cultures - no, I am not new to the idea of a pluralistic society, I have lived in societies pluralistic and mono-cultural and personally prefer a pluralistic community, with, as you suggest, common rules of civics, though I recognise the reality falls far short of this ideal.
OK, thanks for clearing up the ambiguity.

[I misunderstood cause sometimes 'when' is used as 'since'(causal constraint/qualifier instead of as a time constraint) and was a possibility here.
(eg - why do people eat junk food when its so bad for them.)]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some filthy piece of shit indian pushed in fron... 8 min Rauf lala 8
deport all indians (Jan '11) 2 hr Guss 173
News Gay debate language offensive: Wong 3 hr juls 1
News Australians 'not ready' for same-sex marriage: MHR 7 hr Skipslayer 2
News Pro-Greece rallies STORYMAP: How the world is e... 7 hr Skipslayer 4
Poll How much petrol does Foo sniff per day? 9 hr St_Nick 0
Muslim gang rapist bashed in Goulburn prison 19 hr Muslims are worth... 3
More from around the web