Labor tackles racism

Feb 16, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 298

THE federal government has re-embraced multiculturalism in a key speech by the Immigration Minister, Chris Bowen, tackling voter fear of Islamic extremism and outlining a new anti-racism strategy.

Full Story
Gena

Australia

#85 Feb 17, 2011
Happened a while ago in NSW. Loose clothing near moving parts is not a good idea.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/w...

ksf

Since: Aug 07

Sydney, Australia

#86 Feb 17, 2011
Gena wrote:
Happened a while ago in NSW. Loose clothing near moving parts is not a good idea.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/w...
True. But, wasn't WA then

“Lock up your cat ....”

Since: Oct 08

...or I'll kill it.

#88 Feb 17, 2011
Palawa wrote:
"A GREAT PERSPECTIVE FROM A ‘NEW’ AUSTRALIAN -
Nik Ziogopoulos
I emigrated to Australia over 60 years ago – On the ship there were Poms,Italians (Spags), Germans (Huns), Yugoslavs (Yuges), Poles, Ducchys, Ukes (Ukrainians) and Greeks.(Note – All European people!!) all looking forward to starting a new life in Australia . I arrived with 30 quid in my pocket and that’s all I had to my name Did I put my hand out?? Of course not – I got a job and paid my way just like everyone else who came to this country back then.
Now, it’s my taxes that subsidize these people who think they have Gods given right (read Allah) to come here and criticize those of us who have worked for the country we now call home.
If I didn’t like what I saw when I got here I would have gone home – they have the same option.
If they don’t want to become an Australian, they can GO BACK TO WHERE THEY CAME FROM
– WE DON’T NEED THEM HERE!!!
When will this stop?
They want 2 of their own public holidays, because Christians have Christmas, Easter & Good Friday.
They force our children to eat Halal Meat Pies and Sausage Rolls from the school canteens, so the Muslim kids can feel more Aussie. We were not consulted about this change - they went ahead and just did it.
Our foods are slowly all becoming Halal foods, our cheeses, chocolates & even good old sanitarium foods
Our Government is ALLOWING this to happen. It has to stop now, while we still have some power to be able to stop it.
Regarding Our National Anthem -
I am sorry, but after hearing they want to sing the National Anthem in Arabic - enough is enough. Nowhere or at no other time in our nation's history, did they sing it in Italian, Japanese, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Greek, or any other language because of immigration.
It was written in English, and should be sung word for word the way it was written.
The news broadcasts even gave the translation -- not even close.
I am not sorry if this offends anyone, this is MY COUNTRY
IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP - please pass this along
I am not against immigration, just come through like everyone else. Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the past - and LONG LIVE Australia!!!
PART OF THE PROBLEM
Think about this:
If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone
YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!
Will we still be the Country of Choice and still be Australia if we continue
to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries
who have come to live in Australia because it is their Country of Choice??
Think about it!
IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.
It is Time for Australia to Speak up!
If you agree - pass this along. If you don't agree - delete it!
That's your choice"
Google "Ziogopoulos" - no Greeks with that surname except for the author of this letter.

On the anthem -
Google - "I am sorry, but after hearing they want to sing the National Anthem in " and you find that this part of the email started in 2006 with Americans complaining that their anthem shouldn't be sung in Spanish and then turned into Canadians complaining about their anthem being sung in Hindi before adopting the Australin/Arabic connection in 2009.

Who is the "they" that want to sing it in Arabic anyway ? Has there been a poll on the subject ?

I wonder why somebody would want to plagiarise and hide their name ?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#89 Feb 17, 2011
Tiger7 wrote:
Translation: the ALP will devise new ways to force multiculturalsm onto Australians who do not accept and embrace it and will criminalise anyone who disagrees.
The ALP admits that there is widespread conern but chooses to ignore it and plan strategies to silence "racists". More social engineering.
As for immigrants embracing our way of life and values, what a joke. The only difference between Australia and Europe and the UK is that we havent been flooded to the same extent - yet.
look at the lyrics of the australian anthem the last bit white criminals exist too uve seen what gilliard done to become prime minister kkk? tiger?

“Free Screeech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Australia

#90 Feb 17, 2011
Palawa wrote:
Nik Ziogopoulos
I emigrated to Australia over 60 years ago – On the ship there were Poms,Italians (Spags), Germans (Huns), Yugoslavs (Yuges), Poles, Ducchys, Ukes (Ukrainians) and Greeks.(Note – All European people!!) all looking forward to starting a new life in Australia . I arrived with 30 quid in my pocket and that’s all I had to my name Did I put my hand out?? Of course not – I got a job and paid my way just like everyone else who came to this country back then.
Now, it’s my taxes that subsidize these people who think they have Gods given right (read Allah) to come here and criticize those of us who have worked for the country we now call home.
If I didn’t like what I saw when I got here I would have gone home – they have the same option.
If they don’t want to become an Australian, they can GO BACK TO WHERE THEY CAME FROM
When will this stop?
They want 2 of their own public holidays, because Christians have Christmas, Easter & Good Friday.
They force our children to eat Halal Meat Pies and Sausage Rolls from the school canteens, so the Muslim kids can feel more Aussie. We were not consulted about this change - they went ahead and just did it.
Our foods are slowly all becoming Halal foods, our cheeses, chocolates & even good old sanitarium foods
Our Government is ALLOWING this to happen. It has to stop now, while we still have some power to be able to stop it.
I am sorry, but after hearing they want to sing the National Anthem in Arabic - enough is enough. Nowhere or at no other time in our nation's history, did they sing it in Italian, Japanese, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Greek, or any other language because of immigration.
It was written in English, and should be sung word for word the way it was written.
I am not against immigration, just come through like everyone else. Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the past - and LONG LIVE Australia!!!
PART OF THE PROBLEM
Think about this:
Think about it!
That's your choice"
These words have been repeated by many of that age group who came to Australia not demanding anything, other than to be given a fair go to start their lives all over again

Australia

#91 Feb 17, 2011
noteatpig2getha wrote:
<quoted text>
Google "Ziogopoulos" - no Greeks with that surname except for the author of this letter.
On the anthem -
Google - "I am sorry, but after hearing they want to sing the National Anthem in " and you find that this part of the email started in 2006 with Americans complaining that their anthem shouldn't be sung in Spanish and then turned into Canadians complaining about their anthem being sung in Hindi before adopting the Australin/Arabic connection in 2009.
Who is the "they" that want to sing it in Arabic anyway ? Has there been a poll on the subject ?
I wonder why somebody would want to plagiarise and hide their name ?
What's your name ?
Where do you live ?

“Lock up your cat ....”

...or I'll kill it.

#92 Feb 17, 2011
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your name ?
Where do you live ?
This is a discussion forum - I'm not sending you emails and these are my own words. If I start copy/pasting and attributing comments to a fictional person I'll put a disclaimer.
Opinionated Indian

South Burlington, VT

#93 Feb 17, 2011
I what I would like to believe as a Libertarian view on Immigration.

I'm all for minority rights as long as they don't interfere with the majority (such as allowing Curry shops in Indian neighborhoods, and allowing contractors to build temples around these neighborhoods)

Some behaviors (such as allowing cows to walk around the streets, and the predominantly extinct Sati) should not be allowed, because they'll interfere with the rest of Australia.

As for Sikhs and the Kirpan in Canada, I believe that the Kirpan should be placed only at home because it unfairly allows Sikhs to bring weapons around public while others would be prosecuted for it.

Same for Sharia law, it has Muslims unequally tried than the rest of the population.

I do not believe that ethnics should be banned from Australia, that's unfair and doesn't allow potentially honest, hardworking, people, to be excluded from being contributers.

and any of this "multicultural" nonsense should be consulted from the Australian people.

I believe a multi-ethnic Australia can work if both parties balance out
Palawa wrote:
Nik Ziogopoulos
When will this stop?
PART OF THE PROBLEM
Think about this:
Think about it!
That's your choice"

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#94 Feb 17, 2011
man i wonder what people look like and what makes em spend days/nights on this topix thing i bet theres a lot of crazy sh/it going on in the background like the indians have stacks of cash in front of them the aussies have 1980's plastic retard australian things hanging and all that sh/it dont give me the daniel line "-_- i grew up in sydney in the 80's 2010 people are still the same 30 years later as i can see

“Lock up your cat ....”

...or I'll kill it.

#95 Feb 17, 2011
french gypsy 23 wrote:
man i wonder what people look like and what makes em spend days/nights on this topix thing i bet theres a lot of crazy sh/it going on in the background like the indians have stacks of cash in front of them the aussies have 1980's plastic retard australian things hanging and all that sh/it dont give me the daniel line "-_- i grew up in sydney in the 80's 2010 people are still the same 30 years later as i can see
You have made over 1000 posts in two months - you can hardly be critical of others for being on here.

Since: Feb 10

Ultimo, Australia

#96 Feb 17, 2011
french gypsy 23 wrote:
<quoted text>look at the lyrics of the australian anthem the last bit white criminals exist too uve seen what gilliard done to become prime minister kkk? tiger?
I have no idea what you mean. kkk? Who's claiming that 'white criminals' don't exist? Are you referring to Gillard as a criminal because she rolled the Rudster?

Is this the verse you mean?

"For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share;
With courage let us all combine
To Advance Australia fair.
In joyful strains let us sing,
Advance Australia Fair."

I believe the operative word here is 'combine', not 'create parallel cultures each with its own loyalties, values and customs'.

Try again using comprehensible English,(I know you can), stop talking like a coconut wannabe gangster.

Ultimo, Australia

#97 Feb 17, 2011
french gypsy 23 wrote:
Are you serious? I wonder what FG23 looks like and what kind of crazy sh*t is going on in his background that he spends so much time posting on Topix?
TBA

Caringbah, Australia

#98 Feb 17, 2011
Tiger7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what you mean. kkk? Who's claiming that 'white criminals' don't exist? Are you referring to Gillard as a criminal because she rolled the Rudster?
Is this the verse you mean?
"For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share;
With courage let us all combine
To Advance Australia fair.
In joyful strains let us sing,
Advance Australia Fair."
I believe the operative word here is 'combine', not 'create parallel cultures each with its own loyalties, values and customs'.
Try again using comprehensible English,(I know you can), stop talking like a coconut wannabe gangster.
The ironic thing is that those words were exclusively meant for migrants from the british isles. Some time ago they were changed to include everyone.
TBA

Caringbah, Australia

#99 Feb 17, 2011
Opinionated Indian wrote:
I what I would like to believe as a Libertarian view on Immigration.
I'm all for minority rights as long as they don't interfere with the majority (such as allowing Curry shops in Indian neighborhoods, and allowing contractors to build temples around these neighborhoods)
Some behaviors (such as allowing cows to walk around the streets, and the predominantly extinct Sati) should not be allowed, because they'll interfere with the rest of Australia.
As for Sikhs and the Kirpan in Canada, I believe that the Kirpan should be placed only at home because it unfairly allows Sikhs to bring weapons around public while others would be prosecuted for it.
Same for Sharia law, it has Muslims unequally tried than the rest of the population.
I do not believe that ethnics should be banned from Australia, that's unfair and doesn't allow potentially honest, hardworking, people, to be excluded from being contributers.
and any of this "multicultural" nonsense should be consulted from the Australian people.
I believe a multi-ethnic Australia can work if both parties balance out
<quoted text>
You have some good ideas. I don't seriously believe that many people want to ban all ethnics from this country. Mnay are hard working contributors to our society. We just don't want any group taking over and imposing their language, religion or culture, especially if it is from a suppressive culture like islam.
I am a firm believer that everyone should learn english and that citizenship should be earned and also taken away from those who commit crimes. This would include the italian, lebanese and asian drug syndicates.

Ultimo, Australia

#100 Feb 17, 2011
TBA wrote:
<quoted text>
The ironic thing is that those words were exclusively meant for migrants from the british isles. Some time ago they were changed to include everyone.
I think Gillard and co. are swimming against the tide. I wonder if the "racism" she plans to destroy includes racism against Anglo/Celtic Aussies and the "racism" of various immigrant groups against each other. But of course, we're the problem here, not people who arrive dragging religious and ethnic baggage with them and persist in clinging to tribal culture with all its hatreds and prejudices.

“Lock up your cat ....”

...or I'll kill it.

#101 Feb 17, 2011
TBA wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't the official anthem until '84 - well after the Liberal PM Malcolm Frazer first embarked upon multiculturalism policies and by then "all" meant all.

“Lock up your cat ....”

...or I'll kill it.

#102 Feb 17, 2011
Tiger7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Gillard and co. are swimming against the tide. I wonder if the "racism" she plans to destroy includes racism against Anglo/Celtic Aussies
Are you serious ? How many white Aussies seriously "suffer" from racism on a day to day basis outside of internet forums ? I'm not drawing any conclusions about anybody on here, but in real life the only white Aussie people I might hear claiming that they are victims of racism are usually unemployed or uneducated and struggling.

Australia

#103 Feb 17, 2011
noteatpig2getha wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a discussion forum - I'm not sending you emails and these are my own words. If I start copy/pasting and attributing comments to a fictional person I'll put a disclaimer.
It was more of a reply to your last line
Remembering the spelling of some foreign born persons name can get interesting and this is why may changed their names on arrival.
I can introduce to to a fellow who would vouch for every word written and I can't pronounce his surname so I call him by his first name.
Elias

Brighton East, Australia

#104 Feb 17, 2011
Veronique wrote:
<quoted text>
You are kidding me! They are the common disguise of homicide bombers and terrorists. They are used to commit robberies and shoplifting. Of course people with ulterior motives don't want them banned. They are such a security risk, they are even being banned in Islamic countries.
They are not even a religious garment, they are left over from slavery when the tribes used to steal each others concubines so the tribal men woulldn't be tempted.
They are a health and safety risk, they block periferal vision so driving in them should be banned. A woman was killed just a couple of months ago in WA when her burqua got caught in a go cart. They block VitD causing mental health problems and rickets in babies. The saddest thing of all is that women who choose to wear them condemn those who have no choice to spend their lives in a body bag.
Not aware of a bomber wearing a burqa or robber. The women died on a go cart in wollongong was wearing a hijab not a burqa. Most burqa women live in houses with backyards so they get their vitamin d.

Yes they are banned in certain Muslim countries where human and civil rights don't exist so people have little freedom like Libya. Aren't you glad Australia is a free democracy? The presence of a burqa is a celebration of peoples freedom in the west.
Elias

Brighton East, Australia

#105 Feb 17, 2011
noteatpig2getha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious ? How many white Aussies seriously "suffer" from racism on a day to day basis outside of internet forums ? I'm not drawing any conclusions about anybody on here, but in real life the only white Aussie people I might hear claiming that they are victims of racism are usually unemployed or uneducated and struggling.
Exactly...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WAR India v Australia, who will win? 6 min Jim Barnesy 5,426
Asian women don't shave off their pubic hair. 7 min Russel the wombat 39
Sydney why is it full of pedos 9 min Kiwis are blowhards 12
INSIGHT-Taxes, fees: the worldwide battle betwe... 15 min Foolthy 5
Teabagging White Aussie Girls? 30 min Non-white Sex Tou... 0
War: World vs Anglos, who would win? 34 min Anglo-Saxon-Celt 3
Maori turn Australian towns into 'little NZs' (Oct '12) 42 min Adrian DeVine 212
Gay Meet Ups in Melbourne (Oct '13) 43 min Peter 220
Muslim Woman Bashed.Thrown Off Train Melbourne 45 min Paki_Jatt_Soorma 48
For Australian Muslims, security crackdown is c... 59 min You Lose 125
Australian woman are prostitutes 3 hr Felix37 151

Australia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE