Boeing 777: 1 of the most popular, sa...

Boeing 777: 1 of the most popular, safest jets

There are 423 comments on the Northern Michigan News story from Mar 7, 2014, titled Boeing 777: 1 of the most popular, safest jets. In it, Northern Michigan News reports that:

The Boeing 777 flown by Malaysia Airlines that disappeared Saturday morning over the South China Sea is one of the world's most popular - and safest - jets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northern Michigan News.

First Prev
of 22
Next Last

“NO ANZUS”

Since: Nov 10

Southern California

#1 Mar 8, 2014
2 fake passports on passenger list. No pilot warning. Safe aircraft. Media is cautious but it looks like terrorism doesn't it. I read Australian travel blogs all the time and they always rip Americans over TSA checks. Yanks paranoid yadda yadda yadda. Aussie never understands terrorism.
Anonymous

Leeming, Australia

#2 Mar 8, 2014
Country Cops,

Ever think that the second phone line ordered was sold to a sheep and chaff Gate Shelly stud bull property so the evilness which cultivated could examine and view.
Strange bribes aren't they, at this constable group there is numbering 4 duplicate mobile and home lines, which were used in a sad Kings Park thing - was it the Laurie talking on the other signal Karl?

Here personally last yesterday I receive again three calls within micro-seconds, one from Lyrical Bid, one the option text, and the other Newnham playing his thoroughly puzzling adventure. Is it common for Western Australian Constables or Detectives to allow a person to deliver a torrid marital affair by the option 2 phone line. What a disaster if so an unknown person was recorded by a triplicate phone line speaking on a businessman's company mobile phone to a woman who was sucking his pencil, rendering unknown construction bills, forward working loans, drugging the confession, and then feeling like their own police unit that share the option aren't willing to go through with an ugly mental disorder placed upon a person that confessed a thief to a nightmare internal business game - Terry.

Up to now feeling like a group of women married to the steal make a lot of unknown bank deposits, even the brothers Landrover seems to have fouthcated, a Thommo Diatribe option, a Renee Option and a very clueless Police unit that organises other really clever business frameworks into their own.

Take a look at Sarah a fairly good looking lass York, Shelly? weird to see the word in black TIMOTHY reflect on the farm agents sign on Lefroy St Herne Hill and the contact name Henry Jock shine Henry York - Is Pop Culture Clarky in knowledge that his selling sign is reflecting a nuisance in capital.

Sluts either men or ladies must be really tough these days, its like seeing State Trooper licking the mouth of another fibro ceiling accountant Gergoui at a park in toe a man that from a distance looked identical to State Trooper yet too short. The look-a-like drives to the airport and State Trooper drives to Albany and shares a hair dressers salon with Gazza.

Just letting my Police unit know that once I made a 101 message last night Saturday the nuisance drove up behind me in a Ben Landrover, with roof racks however Bens 4wd doesn't have a bulbar. Feeling like Murray, Gibson and Karen own free loans look to the offshore balloon company in China the exchange opposite Bens farm on George St and maybe that was the paragraph in legality the has been will suffocate?
Arie

Surabaya, Indonesia

#3 Mar 8, 2014
it's simple ! bad maintenance !...malaysian is suck ...always find reason & someone to blam..., MAS cannot maintenance their ship well !! hahah MAS is going to bankrupt very soon XXDDDDD.....
Goats milk Australia

Brisbane, Australia

#4 Mar 8, 2014
Mr Humbert wrote:
2 fake passports on passenger list. No pilot warning. Safe aircraft. Media is cautious but it looks like terrorism doesn't it. I read Australian travel blogs all the time and they always rip Americans over TSA checks. Yanks paranoid yadda yadda yadda. Aussie never understands terrorism.
You are exactly right mate. I know a few foreigners who rip off America's strict airport security, it's all for a reason though.

I said terrorism straight away, straight away. I have some flying experience in training Cessna aircraft, so I follow air accidents closely. I was suspicious about a crash a few years back departing Indonesia. The plane went down with no communication in a similar story to this incident. It took a long time to find and retrieve the black box recorders as nobody knew where the plane went down.
I was always suspicious.

Then this incident in a 777 only 11 years old. That's not an old plane, and the 777's are one of the safest planes with few incidents.

Again, no radio communication, and last contact at cruising altitude. Let's look at some possibilities it could have been bad weather or lightning, to some extent we can check that out. It could also have been some type of mid air explosion. Now why I say that, is because there was no distress signals or radio communication, that is highly unusual, even in a hijacking, you may still expect communication or a warning signal. Pilots are trained to do that sort of thing in a hijacking event.

I think that something sudden has happened, bad weather or a bomb are my scenarios. I think the chance of the aero foil of the aircraft or engine failure is small.

Now, add to the evidence the two people who supposedly we're not on the plane and that's where I think a bomb is likely.

Here's how it is done. All passengers are counted for flights, but some can board luggage early and then not make the flight. In this case, all the luggage will need to be removed and their luggage taken off if they do not board.

This is a real butt hurt situation for the crew, in Australia or America, the luggage would be taken off the missing person's luggage taken off and then luggage boarded back on. In Asia, maybe this did not happen. They do seem to take more risks and cut corners.

So my guess, and at this stage, I don't know, but my guess is that the board luggage early and don't get on the flight tactic was used. They have bombs or explosives in the luggage and the two passengers don't get on the flight. Nobody suspects an Italian and whoever the other guy was of terrorism with the stolen passports. So they never remove all the luggage and their luggage ends up on the flight, but not them. Into the flight the explosion goes off.

It may have even been a suicide mission.

Time will tell, but to me, it's looking like terrorism, and I highly suspect a bomb. It would explain the lack of communication from such a high altitude.
Zoobest T Erchlimeicher

Highgate Hill, Australia

#5 Mar 8, 2014
I don't know - I fear something similar to AF447. I think they were going DOWN slowly and due to instrument malfunction didn't know it.

I think they simply 'hit the water' as did AF447. Just my opinion.

Whatever the cause its so gut wrenching for the relatives of loved ones who were aboard.
Goats milk Australia

Brisbane, Australia

#6 Mar 8, 2014
Arie wrote:
it's simple ! bad maintenance !...malaysian is suck ...always find reason & someone to blam..., MAS cannot maintenance their ship well !! hahah MAS is going to bankrupt very soon XXDDDDD.....
I doubt it was bad maintenance. Think about it, you are flying the plane and you notice something is wrong. The first thing you do is alert people to the problem. An alternate runway to land. The call is made to air traffic control if there is a problem, and they clear airspace for a priority landing, or find the closest runway. The pilots would know these airports anyway. The lack of communication is unusual. In cases like this I always suspect a sudden mid air event. Signals and radio on a plane still work even in the most adverse situation.

Let's look at this scenario, engine is shut down for some reason at high altitude, and the correct procedure of depending to a lower altitude is not followed, and the engines won't start at high altitude because of lack of oxygen. Even if something like this happened, there would be radio communication. These are possible scenarios, there are many possible scenarios, but in mechanical failure, communication would be made. That is something you would expect. Especially from experienced pilots.
Zoobest T Erchlimeicher

Highgate Hill, Australia

#9 Mar 8, 2014
All interesting theories and time will no doubt provide the answer. Meanwhile, I'm impressed by the efforts of various countries (6) currently involved in the search process. It's also good to see the that USA has offered its unrivalled expertise in regard to these tragic events.
A glimpse of co-operation from countries who are normally opposed tends to restore ones faith in humanity.
May the wreckage be found shortly.
RIP those who have been lost and condolences to their relatives and loved ones.
joe

Tangerang, Indonesia

#10 Mar 8, 2014
interesting analysis from Goats milk Australia, ok.. i think it make sense.
is there another opinion?
Too Funny

Yarraville, Australia

#11 Mar 8, 2014
Goats milk Australia wrote:
<quoted text> I doubt it was bad maintenance. Think about it, you are flying the plane and you notice something is wrong. The first thing you do is alert people to the problem. An alternate runway to land. The call is made to air traffic control if there is a problem, and they clear airspace for a priority landing, or find the closest runway. The pilots would know these airports anyway. The lack of communication is unusual. In cases like this I always suspect a sudden mid air event. Signals and radio on a plane still work even in the most adverse situation.
Let's look at this scenario, engine is shut down for some reason at high altitude, and the correct procedure of depending to a lower altitude is not followed, and the engines won't start at high altitude because of lack of oxygen. Even if something like this happened, there would be radio communication. These are possible scenarios, there are many possible scenarios, but in mechanical failure, communication would be made. That is something you would expect. Especially from experienced pilots.
If it blew up mid-air there would be debris for kilometres, however if it entered the sea and pancaked in virtually one piece the debris won't be as wide spread. We don't have enough knowledge about any maintenance work being conducted on this flight, also no one has claimed responsibility for it which makes terrorism not such a prime suspect at this stage. We won't know what happened for years as usual.

“NKRI flying to the Sky”

Since: Jul 13

NKRI

#12 Mar 9, 2014
Rest in Peace MH-370.....I think it was Autopilot ERROR which caused this accident....Or the worst think the Autopilot was out of service accidentally which caused the plane to dip steep to the sea and made it stalled.....The G Force made the pilots not able to push the button to state emergency signal anymore.....It would plunge from 35.000 feet to the sea surface in 4000 feet per minute which made it hit the sea in only 9 minutes....A VERY SHORT TIME FOR THE PILOTS TO DECIDE BEST ACTION TO REVIVE THE SITUATION....
miriam

Tangerang, Indonesia

#13 Mar 9, 2014
Chow Kit Gudang Lonte wrote:
Rest in Peace MH-370.....I think it was Autopilot ERROR which caused this accident....Or the worst think the Autopilot was out of service accidentally which caused the plane to dip steep to the sea and made it stalled.....The G Force made the pilots not able to push the button to state emergency signal anymore.....It would plunge from 35.000 feet to the sea surface in 4000 feet per minute which made it hit the sea in only 9 minutes....A VERY SHORT TIME FOR THE PILOTS TO DECIDE BEST ACTION TO REVIVE THE SITUATION....
autopilot errors like what you mean so that pilots can not communicate, or pressing the emergency alert?

“NKRI flying to the Sky”

NKRI

#14 Mar 9, 2014
miriam wrote:
<quoted text>
autopilot errors like what you mean so that pilots can not communicate, or pressing the emergency alert?
You see the Oil Slick pattern which is scattered in almost straight with length up to 15 kilometres.....IT SHOWS THAT THE PILOT WHEN ABOUT HIT THE SEA COULD ALMOST REVIVE THE POSITION OF THE AIRCRAFT.........BUT UNLICKILY THE TIME IS TOO SHORT FOR HIM TO AVOID THE PLANE FROM HITTING THE WATER.....AND IT HIT THE WATER NOT IN A STEEP ANGLE BUT APPARENTLY LIKE SLIPPING INSIDE THE WATER.......I BET THE BODY OF THE AIRCRAFT IS NOT BADLY DAMAGED.....SO WE CANT FIND THE DEBRIS RIGHT NOW......IT WAS LIKE DROWN TO THE DEEP OF THE SEA......AND THE PASSENGERS DIED BY LACKING OF OXYGEN WITH WATER SURROUNDING AND GETTING THROUGH ITS PLANE FUSELAGE....
Zoobest T Erchlimeicher

Highgate Hill, Australia

#15 Mar 9, 2014
Agreed. I suspect that for whatever reason it slowly descended (possibly in a 'nose high' stall) and hit the water 'flat' as did AF447. If that is what happened then at least the passengers wouldn't have suffered any pain.
In any case, R.I.P

“NKRI flying to the Sky”

NKRI

#16 Mar 9, 2014
Zoobest T Erchlimeicher wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I suspect that for whatever reason it slowly descended (possibly in a 'nose high' stall) and hit the water 'flat' as did AF447. If that is what happened then at least the passengers wouldn't have suffered any pain.
In any case, R.I.P
Yes mate....I heard a victim's family could make contact with the cellphone of the family after the tragedy.....IT SHOWS THAT THE IMPACT WAS NOT BAD.....THE PLANE WAS DROWN.....AND NOBODY COULD GET OUT OF THE PLANE......THERE IS STILL AIR SPACE INSIDE THE FUSELAGE AND PERHAPS SOME OF ELECTRONIC DEVICES COULD SURVIVE.....BUT ALL THE PASSENGERS WOULD DIE IF NOT GETTING OXYGEN IN LESS THAN AN HOUR....
Goats milk Australia

Brisbane, Australia

#17 Mar 9, 2014
I don't know - I fear something similar to AF447. I think they were going DOWN slowly and due to instrument malfunction didn't know it.
Whatever the cause its so gut wrenching for the relatives of loved ones who were aboard.
I disagree. In any newly designed plane such as a 777, or A380 there is numerous systems and warnings in place to stop a plane "going down slowly" as you suggest. There is also a ground alert warning, and other altitude warnings. You don't go from cruising at altitude up above the cloud to slowly descending.

The pilots are no mugs, there are instruments, and then there are visual references. Descending back through cloud and seeing the ocean. Something has happened for the unusual lack of communication. The cockpit should be closed to passengers, so that's why I suspect an explosion. Something that the pilots had no warning of. There is no fuel shortage, I have my doubts about any pilot error, and I have doubts about mechanical failure.

I'm prepared to be wrong, It's my strong belief that it was terrorism.
Goats milk Australia

Brisbane, Australia

#18 Mar 9, 2014
I disagree. In any newly designed plane such as a 777, or A380 there is numerous systems and warnings in place to stop a plane "going down slowly" as you suggest. There is also a ground alert warning, and other altitude warnings. You don't go from cruising at altitude up above the cloud to slowly descending.

The pilots are no mugs, there are instruments, and then there are visual references. Descending back through cloud and seeing the ocean. Something has happened for the unusual lack of communication. The cockpit should be closed to passengers, so that's why I suspect an explosion. Something that the pilots had no warning of. There is no fuel shortage, I have my doubts about any pilot error, and I have doubts about mechanical failure.

I'm prepared to be wrong, but It's my strong belief that we are dealing with terrorism.

“NKRI flying to the Sky”

NKRI

#19 Mar 9, 2014
<quoted text> I disagree. In any newly designed plane such as a 777, or A380 there is numerous systems and warnings in place to stop a plane "going down slowly" as you suggest. There is also a ground alert warning, and other altitude warnings. You don't go from cruising at altitude up above the cloud to slowly descending.
I'm prepared to be wrong, It's my strong belief that it was terrorism.
The Pilot COULD NOT See the Ocean as it was 2 o clock at night......IT WAS A PERFECT DARK....
Goats milk Australia

Brisbane, Australia

#20 Mar 9, 2014
<quoted text>The Pilot COULD NOT See the Ocean as it was 2 o clock at night......IT WAS A PERFECT DARK....
Firstly, you don't need to write in capitals.
If you have seen a plane at night, one of the first things you will notice is how bright their lights are. You are talking a beam that illuminates kilometres, that's how planes land in pitch darkness, at night.
miriam

Tangerang, Indonesia

#21 Mar 9, 2014
<quoted text> I disagree. In any newly designed plane such as a 777, or A380 there is numerous systems and warnings in place to stop a plane "going down slowly" as you suggest. There is also a ground alert warning, and other altitude warnings. You don't go from cruising at altitude up above the cloud to slowly descending.
I'm prepared to be wrong, but It's my strong belief that we are dealing with terrorism.
I agree with you,. if the aircraft descended slowly, surely the pilot can be aware of things going wrong. if the plane divide sharply, it means that the plane suffered severe damage. which makes me wonder, why the pilot could not press the alarm. it looks like it happened suddenly and very quickly, so that the crew can not react at all.
Goats milk Australia

Brisbane, Australia

#22 Mar 9, 2014
I disagree. I can't see anything being wrong with the planes auto pilot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Contracts For June 24, 2016 30 min Russian Ainu 1
has anyone seen arjun (Apr '13) 1 hr Arjun378 3
Gay Sydney massages 4 hr Arjun378 3
A New Take 11 hr A Random Poster 201
Indian perverts ruined our forum! 15 hr Deport indian per... 1
News The Dux apartment, anyone? 16 hr dux 1
News Residents fight against 'poverty porn' 22 hr St_Nick 13
More from around the web