Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#328 Jan 10, 2013
Gottaliv wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess all the businesses which have had to close down and all the ones now following the first wave, and all the staff who lost their jobs because of the closures... businesses who could not afford up to $14,000 EXTRA for their refrigeration... DO consider it a "total Armageddon"
So you have a manufacturing business... who runs it? You spend too much time on here to run it yourself.
You speak from a position totally void of knowledge......we had a rise in power bill , but we factored it into the overheads , and it wasn't huge by any stretch of the imagination....also it didn't go up till december last year...anyone still doing the "headless-chicken" with horror stories about the devastion of the carbon tax is a fair bit behind reality Gotta.....most of the increases were an opportunistic money grab by the power retailers who thought they could blame it on the government and pocket the free cash !....(lol)......the biggest adverse effect on manufacturers in the last 10 years has been all the cheap rubbish imported from China.....any business that stayed on top of the on-line sales boom is doing ok.....those that didn't , blame the government....many business's related to retail were caught by how quick the online sales grew.....but, they have no excuse , because the warning signs were all there to see.......you will find many younger people getting into very interesting small business's in recent years , basically because they are so tuned in to the ways of the internet , and have no problem with effective marketing techniques.....I know quite a few , and they continue to amaze me.....
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#329 Jan 10, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
The Labour Government has run the country into the ground. Did you know this?
I didn't know that !...how did you find out?.....(lol)

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#330 Jan 10, 2013
Foo wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know that !...how did you find out?.....(lol)
Lol. Just live here....;)
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#331 Jan 10, 2013
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not quite true- the gap between rich and poor is huge and getting bigger. The top 10 per cent of earners get about a third of all income (that's after-tax income too).
The Labor government has just reduced income taxes by tripling the tax free threshhold to $18,000. This ripples through to all taxpayers.
That seems to be a global thing Becky , considering how hard it was for Obama to get a better tax deal happening in the US.......most wealthy people are paranoid about anything to do with tax.....but , the reality is , they NEVER pay as much as working people......ever!
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#332 Jan 10, 2013
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously were not paying attention when the pensioners did get a huge increase in their pension of $100 for single pensioners in 2009-10. That's after 11 years of inaction by the Howard government
Carefull !...( most of these people are allergic to the truth)......(lol)

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

#334 Jan 10, 2013
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
Governments are not in the business of public relations, they are in the business of running the country. Public relations = propaganda, or didn't you know this?
I agree, when the Government tries 'selling' its policies it immediately appears to lack substance - information yes, but not 'over-sell'.

#335 Jan 10, 2013
Foo wrote:
<quoted text>You speak from a position totally void of knowledge......we had a rise in power bill , but we factored it into the overheads , and it wasn't huge by any stretch of the imagination....also it didn't go up till december last year...anyone still doing the "headless-chicken" with horror stories about the devastion of the carbon tax is a fair bit behind reality Gotta.....most of the increases were an opportunistic money grab by the power retailers who thought they could blame it on the government and pocket the free cash !....(lol)......the biggest adverse effect on manufacturers in the last 10 years has been all the cheap rubbish imported from China.....any business that stayed on top of the on-line sales boom is doing ok.....those that didn't , blame the government....many business's related to retail were caught by how quick the online sales grew.....but, they have no excuse , because the warning signs were all there to see.......you will find many younger people getting into very interesting small business's in recent years , basically because they are so tuned in to the ways of the internet , and have no problem with effective marketing techniques.....I know quite a few , and they continue to amaze me.....
In respect of retail the town I live in is experiencing some issues, there have never been so many retail outlets vacant, one after another with 'for lease' signs - from a local level the problem appears to be the high rates charged by our council for commercial properties.

#336 Jan 10, 2013
Foo wrote:
<quoted text>Thats the sorry story of the corporate world ,Sairla.....its all run by accountants , who have one focus , the bottom line....their job depends on it , and nothing will stand in their way of improving the bottomline by a fraction of a point , no matter what the cost.
Yes, it is a 'sorry state'- I don't believe that profits and ethics must be mutually exclusive.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#337 Jan 10, 2013
Sherman wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched her response on 'today tonight' & I think she quickly replied without thinking. Ofcourse it wasn't a great answer but the example they used of a mother buying her kids 'fish & chips' with a bottle of coke from the same takeaway shop made me shmirk.$35 wasn't enough! No wonder she was fat eating that!
Fact is, most people on that welfare circle don't know how to cook! Buy mince meat for $6 a kilo from Coles to make burgers & $1 bread, buy a bag of potatoes for $4 to make fries & you have enough to feed a whole family...oh & you can buy the fizzy drink as well. Most times it's on sale!
It's not like she works & doesn't have time to prepare it!
You know that most people on welfare do know how to cook....but you can buy take away food cheaper than fresh meat and veg...I have seen mothers and single fathers alike buy chips and put them in bread to make the food go further...same with samboy packet chips in bread can fill up three ravenous school aged kids a meal....try doing that with chops/steak and veg as your dole cheque won't last a week let alone a fortnight, they also do things like mashed potato sandwiches as it fills growing boys especially...very few families on the dole by any meat other than the cheapest mince or sausages as it generally goes further, everyone can make bolognaise, omeletts and sausage and mash...people are quite inventive when they are desperate......using the oven costs money so they opt for the cheaper option of buying take a way food and if you buy the most basic of take a way food, you won't get nutrition but you will feed your kids...what is more important? Coke is given usually one night a fortnight as a treat, noone can afford soft dring on a pension on a regular basis but you might get lucky and pick up a carton of 30 cheap...it is more often cheaper to buy some fizzy drinks than pay an expensive water bill ,....ie why so many in public housing let the grass and flowers die, again to feed themselves but mostly the kids. BTW I live in Perth...I don't know when you last bought mince...but the cheapest in the supermarkets here is around 8.50 a kilo and that is on special...it is usually around 11 dollars a kilo here.
yeah right

Port Melbourne, Australia

#338 Jan 10, 2013
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I really can't believe that any one would have been impressed - it was so transparent and exactly what one might expect from companies which exploit - companies whose success depends on exploitation - ethics are not embedded in their processes, it would prove an inconvenience.
Absolutely! And yet, in spite of being an idiotic campaign that a blind person could see through, it worked. Shameful.

Labour should have strong-armed the mining tax instead of strong arming the carbon tax. Big mistake. Huge!

Business ethics? An oxymoron ;)
yeah right

#339 Jan 10, 2013
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
In respect of retail the town I live in is experiencing some issues, there have never been so many retail outlets vacant, one after another with 'for lease' signs - from a local level the problem appears to be the high rates charged by our council for commercial properties.
That's also true in the case of a town I visited recently. It seems to be dying as a result of high rates and many businesses are going broke and shutting their doors after decades of good business. It's a shame to see it, there doesn't seem to be much to take its place unless the town wants to encourage foreign investment. Ugh! Just more ways for the rich to grab more money and spend it overseas when it's needed HERE. Greed rules.
yeah right

#340 Jan 10, 2013
"Greed is the inventor of injustice as well as the current enforcer."

Julian Casablancas
yeah right

#341 Jan 10, 2013
“There is nobody in this country who got rich on their own. Nobody. You built a factory out there - good for you. But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory... Now look. You built a factory and it turned into something terrific or a great idea - God bless! Keep a hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along.”
&#8213; Elizabeth Warren
ManWithNoBum

Perth, Australia

#342 Jan 10, 2013
There should be a weigh limit for people on welfare.
Fatties should get nothing until their in an acceptable weight range. Let them live off the weight stored in their fat rumps for a while. Also anyone welfare sponge that has kids while on welfare should have the kid taken away and put in care until the parent gets a job and can look after itself.

#343 Jan 10, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that most people on welfare do know how to cook....but you can buy take away food cheaper than fresh meat and veg...I have seen mothers and single fathers alike buy chips and put them in bread to make the food go further...same with samboy packet chips in bread can fill up three ravenous school aged kids a meal....try doing that with chops/steak and veg as your dole cheque won't last a week let alone a fortnight, they also do things like mashed potato sandwiches as it fills growing boys especially...very few families on the dole by any meat other than the cheapest mince or sausages as it generally goes further, everyone can make bolognaise, omeletts and sausage and mash...people are quite inventive when they are desperate......using the oven costs money so they opt for the cheaper option of buying take a way food and if you buy the most basic of take a way food, you won't get nutrition but you will feed your kids...what is more important? Coke is given usually one night a fortnight as a treat, noone can afford soft dring on a pension on a regular basis but you might get lucky and pick up a carton of 30 cheap...it is more often cheaper to buy some fizzy drinks than pay an expensive water bill ,....ie why so many in public housing let the grass and flowers die, again to feed themselves but mostly the kids. BTW I live in Perth...I don't know when you last bought mince...but the cheapest in the supermarkets here is around 8.50 a kilo and that is on special...it is usually around 11 dollars a kilo here.
I think there are people who would eat only take-a-way food regardless of finances - the proliferation of the fast food franchises would indicate this - attitude to food would be related to upbringing. Even on a limited income it is possible to make the healthiest choices, rather than the unhealthiest - I have seen students who will spend upwards of $10.00 a day on 'junk-food' during lunch/morning/afternoon break. There is no one at home who would show them how to make a packed lunch because it is not in their consideration.
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#345 Jan 10, 2013
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a very important fact that needs to be made relating to this. The effect of buying cheap imported products vs the effect of paying more for something made to a standard of quality. Australian made products have a very high quality almost right across the whole manufacturig spectrum. Since a great increase in imports , particularly from China , people have opted for less quality and a far cheaper price...These "supposed" bargains end up costing far more because firstly, they have a very short life span and you have to go and buy another one , which doubles the price of the first one instantly. This has a very direct and negative effect on Australian jobs. So , in real terms , if you buy an imported product , you will be throwing it away soon , then buying another replacement , and at the same time , very adversely effect the sales figures of an Australian company and helping to put another Australian out of a job.If there was a genuine in-depth survey of this , the results would be alarming. People really need to realise this , and realise how important the relationship is , between our domestic manufacturing and our domestic consumer market . This is the great down-side of the corporate push to globalize consumer markets to increase their profits at everyones expense.....next time you need to spend your hard earned money on something new, seek out the Australian made product and compare the quality to the cheap stuff ,before you buy........you will find that the Australian made is far better value , and will last a very long time , in some cases a lifetime , without ending up at the local tip on the mountain of cheap imports that don't last long.......

Perth, Australia

#346 Jan 10, 2013
S
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there are people who would eat only take-a-way food regardless of finances - the proliferation of the fast food franchises would indicate this - attitude to food would be related to upbringing. Even on a limited income it is possible to make the healthiest choices, rather than the unhealthiest - I have seen students who will spend upwards of $10.00 a day on 'junk-food' during lunch/morning/afternoon break. There is no one at home who would show them how to make a packed lunch because it is not in their consideration.
It is true especially in the case of males mostly but not of single parent families living on a pension...they coudn't survive buying their families burgers and coke's everyday.
99% of the media when reporting on the dole or those on pensions will produce a video of them in a fast food outlet stuffing their face with take-a-way or smoking or surfing, when was there ever a time did you ever see them tired and hungry....when? The media do this for effect....not reality.
Students do buy fast food because many have homes where mum did everything and now they are paying for their tuition and giving them and allowance...who needs to learn how to cook in that situation?

Perth, Australia

#347 Jan 10, 2013
Foo wrote:
<quoted text>There's a very important fact that needs to be made relating to this. The effect of buying cheap imported products vs the effect of paying more for something made to a standard of quality. Australian made products have a very high quality almost right across the whole manufacturig spectrum. Since a great increase in imports , particularly from China , people have opted for less quality and a far cheaper price...These "supposed" bargains end up costing far more because firstly, they have a very short life span and you have to go and buy another one , which doubles the price of the first one instantly. This has a very direct and negative effect on Australian jobs. So , in real terms , if you buy an imported product , you will be throwing it away soon , then buying another replacement , and at the same time , very adversely effect the sales figures of an Australian company and helping to put another Australian out of a job.If there was a genuine in-depth survey of this , the results would be alarming. People really need to realise this , and realise how important the relationship is , between our domestic manufacturing and our domestic consumer market . This is the great down-side of the corporate push to globalize consumer markets to increase their profits at everyones expense.....next time you need to spend your hard earned money on something new, seek out the Australian made product and compare the quality to the cheap stuff ,before you buy........you will find that the Australian made is far better value , and will last a very long time , in some cases a lifetime , without ending up at the local tip on the mountain of cheap imports that don't last long.......
And who allows these supermarket monopolies , and foreign imports into the country???? you think the government doesn't get it's cop on every foreigh vehicle or pallet of goods entering our ports....don't blame the consumer...they coudn't buy the product if the governments didn't open the draw bridge...same with foreign workers entering for the mining companies.....WHO ALLOWS THIS.....THE GOVERNMENTS....THAT'S WHO!
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#348 Jan 10, 2013
The problems of the retail sector are compounded by the increase in on-line shopping.....on-line has increased far far quicker than predicted , and those manufacturers that supply exclusively to retail outlets are suffering bigtime......if you check the floor stock of the larger Australian retail chains you will find predominantly substandard imported goods......Australia biggest retail chain, Harvey Norman , has over 90% Chinese stock on the shop floor, which make a complete joke of his bullshit " buy Australian" advertising campaign........it makes me sick
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#349 Jan 10, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
And who allows these supermarket monopolies , and foreign imports into the country???? you think the government doesn't get it's cop on every foreigh vehicle or pallet of goods entering our ports....don't blame the consumer...they coudn't buy the product if the governments didn't open the draw bridge...same with foreign workers entering for the mining companies.....WHO ALLOWS THIS.....THE GOVERNMENTS....THAT'S WHO!
Your getting almost too silly to respond to Moaner......the buyer always has the last say.....ALWAYS !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I am not an elephant - Bill Shorten press release 6 min News 24 1
Australian PM urged to go easy on refugees afte... 12 min Foo 16
Why do Aussies hate Indians? 13 min U smell 10
End Multiculturalism Now! 15 min Foo 2
Has the "LEFT WING NUT JOBS " BEGAN TO INUNDATE... 16 min labor loves islam 30
Pedophiles are Sydneys biggest export 32 min horatio 2
A conundrum 37 min Foo 2
Muslim trash hold people hostage in Sydney CBD 39 min crazy clem 385
What is Rothschild Family's net worth? 46 min Foo 24
Why I Hate Muslims (Feb '10) 2 hr DirtyKitty 2,732