maybelene

Australia

#308 Jan 9, 2013
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
It belongs to the government and you are charged royalties on it. Property rights are not what you think- a title means only the right to exclusive occupancy and does not extend to mining rights. That's why the coal seam gas multinationals can march all over our farmlands.
Well there you go, makes you wonder why people even bother to try and succeed, the more you make the the government wants to take and give to people who cant be bothered

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#309 Jan 9, 2013
tinydropthestickgooddog wrote:
<quoted text>
Madam are you trying to be NICE on the internet ???:-0
Yes, why do you ask?

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#310 Jan 10, 2013
Seems like labor are number one in something....

THE carbon tax has been branded 2012's biggest public relations disaster after an analysis of public reaction on social media and mainstream news sites.

Ab so bloody lutely! we all agree...Gillard and her government are a massive failure, even their propaganda machine couldn't save them from peoples anger about the carbon tax lie....Onyer Australia, you aren't all idiots like Foo!
yeah right

Melbourne, Australia

#311 Jan 10, 2013
Foo wrote:
<quoted text>Your right on the money YR....a proper tax on the mega-miners during the last boom would have provided a massive amount of infrastructure projects Australia wide , and a very easily attained budget surplus....but now thanks to the Abbott , our money sits in the coffers of yet another corporate entity , that pays for the Liberals existance..........if the miners were so quick to put $100 million cash on the table to prevent the mining tax , one can only wonder how much real profit they actually made , and continue to make out of Australian resources that belong to all of us......
Watching the mining companies' advertisements during their 'moment of non-truth' that were intended to showcase their outstanding contribution to all things in the human, animal and natural world plus the long-winded display of the 'immigrant who made good' stories in order to demonstrate how great-hearted, compassionate, conscientious and freaking WONDERFUL the mining companies are was a touch too much imo.

I want to see their books. The real ones. Tax the f*ckers.
yeah right

Melbourne, Australia

#312 Jan 10, 2013
maybelene wrote:
<quoted text>I just used it to pay the bower bill, not to sure if thats how you keep the economy from grinding to a halt, I would rather those billions of dollars going to the pensioners. They would have appreciated it.
Hear hear! Maybe some could have gone into health care, housing and infrastructure as well?

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

#313 Jan 10, 2013
yeah right wrote:
<quoted text>
Watching the mining companies' advertisements during their 'moment of non-truth' that were intended to showcase their outstanding contribution to all things in the human, animal and natural world plus the long-winded display of the 'immigrant who made good' stories in order to demonstrate how great-hearted, compassionate, conscientious and freaking WONDERFUL the mining companies are was a touch too much imo.
I want to see their books. The real ones. Tax the f*ckers.
Yes, it was absolutely deplorable - as though they would be the slightest interested in the welfare of any one over their own profits.
yeah right

Melbourne, Australia

#314 Jan 10, 2013
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was absolutely deplorable - as though they would be the slightest interested in the welfare of any one over their own profits.
Wasn't it just though? Deplorable is a good word for it. It was also INSULTING. I wonder how many people out there bought that garbage? The immigrant stuff was the last straw. Mining companies being 'fair and noble' to the immigrant as if they weren't hiring or planning to hire cheap labour all along!

Honestly, they really should be put into prison. Surely there's something out there that would put them there ;)
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#315 Jan 10, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
Seems like labor are number one in something....
THE carbon tax has been branded 2012's biggest public relations disaster after an analysis of public reaction on social media and mainstream news sites.
Quite true , Labor didnt sell their case too well......and the most suceesfull PR campaign of 2012 was the Liberals scare campaign that predicted total economic armagedon when then carbon taxed was released !......(lol).....which ended up in the "fail" bucket , with the rest of their negative nonsense.....it would be funny , if it wasn't such a serious matter......notwithstanding , 2013 is looking good ,and Ive already had a bit of a lift in the order book.......and it's only early January !!!!.....and that has been reflected in most other manufacturing business's around town....I know 3 companies that will be putting on new staff , as soon as they find the right people........

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#316 Jan 10, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
Seems like labor are number one in something....
THE carbon tax has been branded 2012's biggest public relations disaster after an analysis of public reaction on social media and mainstream news sites.
Ab so bloody lutely! we all agree...Gillard and her government are a massive failure, even their propaganda machine couldn't save them from peoples anger about the carbon tax lie....Onyer Australia, you aren't all idiots like Foo!
Number one in...stuffing up the country?
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#317 Jan 10, 2013
There's also great incentives available to any company that's thinking of putting on new apprentices.......well worth checking out on the government websites and covers all trades , through all industries........they are the future!

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

#318 Jan 10, 2013
yeah right wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it just though? Deplorable is a good word for it. It was also INSULTING. I wonder how many people out there bought that garbage? The immigrant stuff was the last straw. Mining companies being 'fair and noble' to the immigrant as if they weren't hiring or planning to hire cheap labour all along!
Honestly, they really should be put into prison. Surely there's something out there that would put them there ;)
I really can't believe that any one would have been impressed - it was so transparent and exactly what one might expect from companies which exploit - companies whose success depends on exploitation - ethics are not embedded in their processes, it would prove an inconvenience.
Sherman

Westmead, Australia

#319 Jan 10, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
A week, the ignorant minister for families, housing, community services and indigenous affairs should have to live on it for at least a year....She would have to be the most ignorant elitist twit in government....how can you put someone so naive and stupid in charge of people lives when she can't comprehend the hardships they face on a daily basis....she needs to be sacked! Let them eat cake....How about this government get off their arse and create some actual jobs so that the 5.4% of people out of work have a chance at getting off the dole in the first place....that figure equates to 648,500 people this country doesn't have jobs for has not produced jobs for and cannot produce jobs for....their dole money which is barely enough to cover rent is a abhorrant ammount especially when this government is committed to giving away billions in foreign aid....Don't want to pay out the dole money to the 648,500.....get them a bloody job......
And sack Macklin remove all the perks she gets from the tax payers purse and let her get a taste of what life is like for the most desperate of our society.....Dumbest MP on the planet and that is saying something....and give her job to someone who actually knows what it is like to live on the dole....chose one from the 648.500 people the government has NO jobs for...
I watched her response on 'today tonight' & I think she quickly replied without thinking. Ofcourse it wasn't a great answer but the example they used of a mother buying her kids 'fish & chips' with a bottle of coke from the same takeaway shop made me shmirk.$35 wasn't enough! No wonder she was fat eating that!

Fact is, most people on that welfare circle don't know how to cook! Buy mince meat for $6 a kilo from Coles to make burgers & $1 bread, buy a bag of potatoes for $4 to make fries & you have enough to feed a whole family...oh & you can buy the fizzy drink as well. Most times it's on sale!

It's not like she works & doesn't have time to prepare it!
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#320 Jan 10, 2013
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I really can't believe that any one would have been impressed - it was so transparent and exactly what one might expect from companies which exploit - companies whose success depends on exploitation - ethics are not embedded in their processes, it would prove an inconvenience.
Thats the sorry story of the corporate world ,Sairla.....its all run by accountants , who have one focus , the bottom line....their job depends on it , and nothing will stand in their way of improving the bottomline by a fraction of a point , no matter what the cost.
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#321 Jan 10, 2013
What really amazes me , is in corporate accounting language , if a company made $100million last year , and only $90million in the current year , they call it a 10% loss!!!!!!!!!!greed is a very sickening disease.........

“We don't have to take it”

Since: Jun 08

WhereTFamI?

#322 Jan 10, 2013
Foo wrote:
<quoted text>Quite true , Labor didnt sell their case too well......and the most suceesfull PR campaign of 2012 was the Liberals scare campaign that predicted total economic armagedon when then carbon taxed was released !......(lol).....which ended up in the "fail" bucket , with the rest of their negative nonsense.....it would be funny , if it wasn't such a serious matter......notwithstanding , 2013 is looking good ,and Ive already had a bit of a lift in the order book.......and it's only early January !!!!.....and that has been reflected in most other manufacturing business's around town....I know 3 companies that will be putting on new staff , as soon as they find the right people........
I guess all the businesses which have had to close down and all the ones now following the first wave, and all the staff who lost their jobs because of the closures... businesses who could not afford up to $14,000 EXTRA for their refrigeration... DO consider it a "total Armageddon"

So you have a manufacturing business... who runs it? You spend too much time on here to run it yourself.
Becky

Yangzhou, China

#323 Jan 10, 2013
maybelene wrote:
<quoted text>Well there you go, makes you wonder why people even bother to try and succeed, the more you make the the government wants to take and give to people who cant be bothered
That's not quite true- the gap between rich and poor is huge and getting bigger. The top 10 per cent of earners get about a third of all income (that's after-tax income too).
The Labor government has just reduced income taxes by tripling the tax free threshhold to $18,000. This ripples through to all taxpayers.
Becky

Taiyuan, China

#324 Jan 10, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
Seems like labor are number one in something....
THE carbon tax has been branded 2012's biggest public relations disaster after an analysis of public reaction on social media and mainstream news sites.
Ab so bloody lutely! we all agree...Gillard and her government are a massive failure, even their propaganda machine couldn't save them from peoples anger about the carbon tax lie....Onyer Australia, you aren't all idiots like Foo!
Governments are not in the business of public relations, they are in the business of running the country. Public relations = propaganda, or didn't you know this?
Becky

Yangzhou, China

#325 Jan 10, 2013
maybelene wrote:
<quoted text>I just used it to pay the bower bill, not to sure if thats how you keep the economy from grinding to a halt, I would rather those billions of dollars going to the pensioners. They would have appreciated it.
You obviously were not paying attention when the pensioners did get a huge increase in their pension of $100 for single pensioners in 2009-10. That's after 11 years of inaction by the Howard government

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#326 Jan 10, 2013
Gottaliv wrote:
<quoted text>I guess all the businesses which have had to close down and all the ones now following the first wave, and all the staff who lost their jobs because of the closures... businesses who could not afford up to $14,000 EXTRA for their refrigeration... DO consider it a "total Armageddon"

So you have a manufacturing business... who runs it? You spend too much time on here to run it yourself.
G'day Gotta :D how's your new year shaping up?
<3

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#327 Jan 10, 2013
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>Governments are not in the business of public relations, they are in the business of running the country. Public relations = propaganda, or didn't you know this?
The Labour Government has run the country into the ground. Did you know this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Australians ban muslims from being muslim 5 min Baron44 44
economic depression will stop immigration 9 min The FUCKWIT Xposed 22
charADE Modcvnt Xposed exposed 12 min The FUCKWIT Xposed 28
WAR India v Australia, who will win? 14 min Manbrahmos 4,784
Black Irish Phenotypes (Jan '14) 26 min The Awakener 46
Who contributes the most evil 29 min Anti-Bigot 18
Living with the Enemy - SBS 34 min Mandela 34
Deport all muslims from Australia (Jul '12) 1 hr lee 83
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 2 hr Jamie 44,947
Indian Girls vs White Girls, Whose More Attract... (Aug '13) 3 hr Manbrahmos 1,082
•••

Australia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••