First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“We don't have to take it”

Since: Jun 08

WhereTFamI?

#21 Oct 26, 2012
Labor -lol wrote:
The increased taxes haven't stopped. Watch out as Wayne Swine will be well short of his pathetic $1.5 billion surplus that is being devoured by illegal boat people ,uncontrolled spending and foreign Aid.
They will add in sneaky increases here and there. Guaranteed.
For example under the disguise to control alcohol consumption, Labor want to put a minimum price of $10 A bottle for wine.
Video on r/hand side of page:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affa...

Wafer-thin surplus likely to disappear

The government may soon have to own up to a large budget deficit, says David Uren

25 October 2012 - The Australian

----------

Inept policy is not worth much

by: Dennis Shanahan, Political Editor
October 26, 2012 12:00AM

WAYNE Swan clearly was rattled at a press conference yesterday as he responded to the disclosure that the minerals resource rent tax had not delivered a cent in the first three months of its operation from Australia's biggest miners.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/colum...
Myth Buster

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#22 Oct 26, 2012
All the western countries have one problem in common, ie how to balance the budget.
All governments like to spend money to buy popularity and not willing to tax people to balance the budget.
So they ended up borrowing money from China.
In the case of Australia I give credit to the Aus Gov for having at least the courage tax u.
Myth Buster

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#23 Oct 26, 2012
Foo wrote:
I think a lot of current problems come from the push for the globalized economy....NO , I'm not refering to NWO conspiracy crap , the move towards globalizing all trade and finance......it's being done too quickly , and the negative effects on some countries are being neglected in the process...its being done to benefit the corporate players , rather than to benefit all international trade and co-operation.....Australia seems to be far more influenced by global events now , that it did ,in the past , with fewer controls to counteract against it.
There u go again another witch hunting for foreigners to blame.
Your tax problem is home grown and have to solved at home.
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#24 Oct 26, 2012
chefboy812 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think a global economy is the problem or that we were put into it at an unfair advantage by slashing our tariffs without waiting for other countries to match? And by signing trade deals with countries like the USA who won't allow us to sell into their market with farm subsidies & yet they dump sh*t here subsidised to the hilt.
Our car industry has died a long slow death since Hawke cut tarifs & yet Japan & Korea didn't cut theirs.
That's exactly what's happening......if all tarffs and subsidies were removed across the board , things would find their natural order.......we have countries like China and the US using blatant protectionism and calling it something else......there's no two ways about it , we should start using tariffs , until all the c#nts start playing fare.....at least, to protect our domestic internal economy . Housing/food security/employment for people FIRST !!.....then worry about the export markets....we import too many things now , that we were very good at manufacturing ourselves.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#25 Oct 26, 2012
chefboy812 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Gillard & Swan don't have the balls to run the country then they should quit - they run the country no one else so please stop this crap of Jewish bankers & corporations & all that sh*t running the country - they take instruction from the government not the other way.
And why do we want to devalue the currency? We are predominately an import country, rarely do we export more than we import, so the high dollar is helping us with our trade balance - and our exports don't seemed to have dropped since we passed parity. Almost all international trade is done in US dollars so a high aussie dollar is better for us.
Lets look at countries that are highly taxed like us - Portugal av 43%, Spain av 43%, Italy av 44%, USA av 42%, Japan 50%, France 48%, Greece 51%, UK 50%. High taxation helps how? Most asian countries have very low tax - mostly consumption based around 17%.
Nordic states av 54% & require import restrictions to protect there economy + high company taxes (30% payroll tax) but have very low income tax & a consumption tax of around 25%+ extremely high alcohol & energy tax.
To suggest we could have hyperinflation is stupidity. And what countries have experienced hyperinflation in recent memory - Baltic & Balkan states coming out from the old USSR dominance & most south American countries & Zimbabwe. And how does hyperinflation occur - when governments continue to create money (print money) & borrow heavily without offsetting with increased taxes. So if Labor didn't borrow heavily, which I argue, then we don't need taxes. And the government doesn't print money above inflation & GDP growth so there is no chance of over supply of cash. Labor is keeping cash in the system by lowering interest rates but they can only go so low.
We have more chance of deflation then hyperinflation. 18 months ago we were 3.5 to 3.8% inflation (we cruised along at times 4.5% under howard) now we are 2% & slowing. If electricity prices hadn't risen more than 15% we may have been a less than 1% inflation rate this last 12 months rather than 2%.
How do you fix a deflated economy? More money to spend.
Oh you really are "..up North and Outback", who mentioned Jews? You of course, I suppose when your model of world conforms to the Daily Telegraphs version of it, you just make stuff up, and discredit what you made up.

Here's an article from someone who knows something about the
financial system.

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-09-...

If, your wondering where inflation comes from, ever heard of QE3.
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#26 Oct 26, 2012
A globalized economy , is mostly for the benefit of big multi-national players.....it is a threat to every countries soverignty and culture....these c#nts just want to run the whole world as one big market to keep their profits growing.....

Location hidden

#27 Oct 26, 2012
Foo wrote:
A globalized economy , is mostly for the benefit of big multi-national players.....it is a threat to every countries soverignty and culture....these c#nts just want to run the whole world as one big market to keep their profits growing.....
Precisely so, but what can be done about it?

We are in a global system now. To try and tear it apart would be like a man tearing his body organs out of his body and expecting his organs would survive happily as independent entities, not to mention himself. That is just not possible.

It's the same with the globalised economy, we are all integrated and dependent on the same single economic system. The average person just does not realise how integrated we are in the global system. Take a look at the essential products at the Supermarket that are sourced partially or fully overseas and you'll soon realise.

There's no hope of going back to isolationalism, to try and do so would be monumentally catastrophic.

“Fair & Balanced”

wherever there's a mine

#28 Oct 27, 2012
Australian Republic wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you really are "..up North and Outback", who mentioned Jews? You of course, I suppose when your model of world conforms to the Daily Telegraphs version of it, you just make stuff up, and discredit what you made up.
Here's an article from someone who knows something about the
financial system.
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-09-...
If, your wondering where inflation comes from, ever heard of QE3.
1stly what the f*ck is the daily telegraphs view of things? I'm not a sheep like you buddy I can make my own decisions. So you believe the world will be saved with a carbon tax?

how does that article you link support anything your blabbering on about - which is nothing because your full of sh*t.

2nd paragraph says "If the government had instead given money directly to the consumer, we would be out of this economic slump by now". Why? Because the customer would spend the money creating demand, creating greater supply, creating jobs. America has a glut of labor & a darth of production - you understanding this.

And the USA inflation rate is around 1.8% so where's your hyperinflation? Because they are borrowing like mad, spending like mad, printed more money & haven't raise taxes yet are still sliding towards deflation. Completely against what you are trying to argue.

Location hidden

#29 Oct 27, 2012
chefboy812 wrote:
<quoted text>
1stly what the f*ck is the daily telegraphs view of things? I'm not a sheep like you buddy I can make my own decisions. So you believe the world will be saved with a carbon tax?
how does that article you link support anything your blabbering on about - which is nothing because your full of sh*t.
2nd paragraph says "If the government had instead given money directly to the consumer, we would be out of this economic slump by now". Why? Because the customer would spend the money creating demand, creating greater supply, creating jobs. America has a glut of labor & a darth of production - you understanding this.
And the USA inflation rate is around 1.8% so where's your hyperinflation? Because they are borrowing like mad, spending like mad, printed more money & haven't raise taxes yet are still sliding towards deflation. Completely against what you are trying to argue.
Your proving me right.
Then you became upset as a result, your Daily Telegraph level of mentality couldn't process the information. Then you flew off the handle with absurd abuse and and ill conceived lies, no comprehension at all. Those "asset prices being artificially propped up" refereed to in the the article, are the price of food, minerals, everything, in other words inflation.

What's more the QE3 hasn't finished. The article mentions more inflationary devices to come. So how can you say it didn't work. It's not over yet.

Then the article says, "despite the initial optics of it hurts the little guy.". So, first it's fine but the prolonged application of QE causes inflation because more stimulation is required until inflation occurs.

They are going exactly to script and will keep going to prop up "asset prices".

Reads a lot different to what you claim.

“Fair & Balanced”

wherever there's a mine

#30 Oct 27, 2012
Australian Republic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your proving me right.
Then you became upset as a result, your Daily Telegraph level of mentality couldn't process the information. Then you flew off the handle with absurd abuse and and ill conceived lies, no comprehension at all. Those "asset prices being artificially propped up" refereed to in the the article, are the price of food, minerals, everything, in other words inflation.
What's more the QE3 hasn't finished. The article mentions more inflationary devices to come. So how can you say it didn't work. It's not over yet.
Then the article says, "despite the initial optics of it hurts the little guy.". So, first it's fine but the prolonged application of QE causes inflation because more stimulation is required until inflation occurs.
They are going exactly to script and will keep going to prop up "asset prices".
Reads a lot different to what you claim.
you have completely lost me. What are you an about now? What has american trying to inflate asset values got to do with currency devaluation via tax raising to stop hyperinflation? you don't even know what your talking about - just trying to throw sh*t out there to sound impressive.

America has had 3 stiluli & no inflationary pressure yet - in fact the inflation rate is decreasing so what evidence do you have that inflation will occur? Your just guessing & hoping eventually you'll be right. The idiot who cried wolf was eventually right. You have no idea or facts. Prove me wrong. Everything you argue hasn't occurred, and won't occur, so you need to find a new drum to beat.

We need to invest in infrastructure, invest in skills, invest in education, invest in entrepreneurship, invest in innovation & invest in free trade & build a strong middle class we will build a strong future for Australia in the Asian Century and create more wealth for all. Wayne Swan. That's a lot of spending he isn't doing but needs to.
Gottaliv

Parramatta, Australia

#31 Oct 27, 2012
The solution to our problems is to INCREASE THE PENSION!!!!! The NWO is racist against old people and THEY CUT MY F***ING PENSION!

“Fair & Balanced”

wherever there's a mine

#32 Oct 27, 2012
Kevin Rudd in 2009 said Social democrats stress the central role of the state in maintaining aggregate demand, both for consumption and investment spending, at a time of faltering growth. That is, the state must involve itself in direct demand-side stimulus to offset the large-scale contraction in private demand.

Spend not tax is what Krudd is saying.

“Fair & Balanced”

wherever there's a mine

#33 Oct 27, 2012
..... it is important to emphasise the central tenet of Keynesian economic management: the need to balance budgets..... Increases in public investment and direct transfers to households will stimulate the economy. Kevin Rudd 2009.

Spend, not tax, & balanced budget. No wonder Swan hates him.

Location hidden

#34 Oct 27, 2012
chefboy812 wrote:
<quoted text>
you have completely lost me. What are you an about now? What has american trying to inflate asset values got to do with currency devaluation via tax raising to stop hyperinflation? you don't even know what your talking about - just trying to throw sh*t out there to sound impressive.
America has had 3 stiluli & no inflationary pressure yet - in fact the inflation rate is decreasing so what evidence do you have that inflation will occur? Your just guessing & hoping eventually you'll be right. The idiot who cried wolf was eventually right. You have no idea or facts. Prove me wrong. Everything you argue hasn't occurred, and won't occur, so you need to find a new drum to beat.
We need to invest in infrastructure, invest in skills, invest in education, invest in entrepreneurship, invest in innovation & invest in free trade & build a strong middle class we will build a strong future for Australia in the Asian Century and create more wealth for all. Wayne Swan. That's a lot of spending he isn't doing but needs to.
I agree you are completely lost!

"What has American trying to inflate asset values got to do with currency devaluation" - because the US dollar is devalued by continued monetary expansion more dollars are required to buy products. So, for example the price of oil is a contract bid in US dollars. Oil goes up in US price for the same contract we have to pay to buy the oil we need at the same price increase.

Pretty simple!

Foo pointed out it's a globalised market and we are tied to it. You don't understand that and all your solutions wont work. They only work for an isolated economy. Except for North Korea there is no such thing anymore.

If you want investment in a real productive economy, which is what you seem to be saying, see how the Asian Nations do it. They go to great lengths to minimize the impact of the fluctuating US dollar on their economies. This is a big sour point between the US and China because the Chinese fix their currency against the US dollar at an artificially low price and wont let their currency float like we do. It's 101 economics of a productive economy.

You don't understand the inevitable sequence of events that will cause the US Fed to inflate and inflate to stave of deflation. After the Fed exhausts all it's means, then the deflation that keeps re-emerging can't be stopped anymore by any artificial means. We have not got to this end game yet.
2far4u2

Perth, Australia

#35 Feb 9, 2013
In the lucky country down under where we are over governed and over taxed and banks have there way with you.

People need jobs.

Throughout the world 20% of the worlds population have jobs to go to. The true problem with the human race is people are greedy for success with money that gives power of security,

Why are people payed so much to be in a position of authority? when if you consider the two human traits need to be present in an individual going for the position that need to be present, analyst and benevolence.

If you have not these characteristics in ones self and hold a position of authority then you are with out a doubt a sociopath. If this is you then benefit of us all hide yourself away in a psychiatric ward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WAR India v Australia, who will win? 6 min Whire God 4,466
badi behan ko nangi nahate hue dekha. Aur usne ... (May '12) 8 min Whire God 1,376
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 18 min Baron44 44,770
Let's get serious about the environment 36 min Elizabeth 8
Australia's newly found passion - SWISS WATCHES 40 min rae587 1
Whenever an indian gets bashed, I laugh 1 hr Little girl with ... 8
'Blown away ... that bastard was dead' 1 hr Mercury On Water 5
Does australiar have a culture? 5 hr Felix37 377
Indian Girls vs White Girls, Whose More Attract... (Aug '13) 6 hr Lord stuart XXX 1,043
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Australia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••