China relentlessly harries Japan in island dispute

Nov 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Boston.com

In this Sept. 24, 2012 file photo, Japan Coast Guard vessels, right, and rear, sail along with Chinese surveillance ship Haijian No.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 08

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Chinese harassment of Japan in Japanese territory is ignorant and reckless, leave Japan alone!
Tigard

Sidoarjo, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Leonard 68 wrote:
Chinese harassment of Japan in Japanese territory is ignorant and reckless, leave Japan alone!
The Chinese vessels are in their own territory, The Japanese claimed the area as theirs. It is a disputed area remember.
What the Chinese did is correct, and did not take any Japanese cassualty as what the Japanese did in WW II.

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Tigard wrote:
<quoted text>
The Chinese vessels are in their own territory, The Japanese claimed the area as theirs. It is a disputed area remember.
What the Chinese did is correct, and did not take any Japanese cassualty as what the Japanese did in WW II.
the private owners of the islands recently sold them to Japan so China should quit harassing them
RayH

Shenzhen, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Leonard 68 wrote:
<quoted text>
the private owners of the islands recently sold them to Japan so China should quit harassing them
Stolen property sold to the Jap government.

Now go steal your neighbor's car and sell it to your Uncle Sam.
Andrez Lopez

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Leonard 68 wrote:
I thought you were Taiwanese.
Pjm

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Japan has legal owner of island therefore China has no love for international right
go read the Guardian it got full story on web
Pjm

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

China invaded Tibet in 1950s China say they own Tibet
not true
communism forbids property
Marx say
all property is theft
CCP lie
Pjm

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

CCP lover must learn the CCP no tell truth just iron fist law and look after CCP
fact
Pjm

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

100 million in China got no money talk about them

“China Seas Pirate Gangs”

Since: Jul 12

Taizhou, Jiangsu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
Stolen property sold to the Jap government.
Now go steal your neighbor's car and sell it to your Uncle Sam.
Stolen property ? Like Tibet land ?

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Pjm wrote:
China invaded Tibet in 1950s China say they own Tibet
not true
communism forbids property
Marx say
all property is theft
CCP lie
good for you for knowing about the Chinese invasion of Tibet
RayH

Shenzhen, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Harries? You mean China HAMMERS the Japs.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Leonard 68 wrote:
<quoted text>
good for you for knowing about the Chinese invasion of Tibet
That was 800 years ago, and we're in 2012 now.

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
That was 800 years ago, and we're in 2012 now.
nah, it was when Mao was the great chairman....that's the invasion that seems to have struck the death blow to the country of Tibet
old china

Chengdu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Leonard 68 wrote:
So what we have is one small vessel (Chinese) on the left and two larger vessels (Japanese) front and rear. And you think that it takes just one Chinese vessel to harass two bigger Japanese vessels when at least one of the Japanese vessels is displaying forward mounted guns?
old china

Chengdu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Pjm wrote:
Japan has legal owner of island therefore China has no love for international right
go read the Guardian it got full story on web
I have skimmed through numerous articles in the Guardian and I couldn't find a singe example of the Guardian taking sides or even giving a full account of the respective claims. Perhaps you would be kind enough to point me to the article which you infer is supporting the Japanese claim?

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

old china wrote:
<quoted text>
So what we have is one small vessel (Chinese) on the left and two larger vessels (Japanese) front and rear. And you think that it takes just one Chinese vessel to harass two bigger Japanese vessels when at least one of the Japanese vessels is displaying forward mounted guns?
Chinese vessels should stay out of Japanese territory unless given permission to enter
old china

Chengdu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Leonard 68 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chinese vessels should stay out of Japanese territory unless given permission to enter
The Japanese were awarded administrative authority over the islands by the Americans but I am at a loss to understand what authority they had since the Chinese were not a party to that decision. Either way, the Japanese were not awarded sovereignty so at the very least it is not Japanese territory but disputed territory - a fact that the Japanese fail to recognise.

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

old china wrote:
<quoted text>
The Japanese were awarded administrative authority over the islands by the Americans but I am at a loss to understand what authority they had since the Chinese were not a party to that decision. Either way, the Japanese were not awarded sovereignty so at the very least it is not Japanese territory but disputed territory - a fact that the Japanese fail to recognise.
Japan recently purchased the islands to make them officially part of Japan. The private owners sold them to Japan.

Japan had administrative authority which you point out. However, outright ownership was in the hands of private individuals...until they sold them to Japan. So, Japan had the stronger claim since they had administrative authority. And now their claim is ironclad with the official purchase.
old china

Chengdu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Leonard 68 wrote:
<quoted text>
Japan recently purchased the islands to make them officially part of Japan. The private owners sold them to Japan.
Japan had administrative authority which you point out. However, outright ownership was in the hands of private individuals...until they sold them to Japan. So, Japan had the stronger claim since they had administrative authority. And now their claim is ironclad with the official purchase.
I can sell property in the UK that I have title deeds for to the French but simply because they would now own property in the UK would not grant the French sovereignty over it because the sovereignty would still remain with the English Crown. Only nations can transfer sovereignty between themselves, Individuals do not have that power.

If you think it is ironclad then you are grossly misjudging the Chinese resolve.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••