In China's shadow, ASEAN leaders look to India for maritime security

Dec 20, 2012 Full story: Reuters 30

Philippine Vice-President Jejomar Binay, Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Thailand's Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung, Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen, Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Brunei's Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, Indonesia's President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, Laos Prime Minister ... (more)

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tep Tida Moha Sarkor

Richmond, VA

#1 Dec 20, 2012
We hope Cambodia stays away from any conflict, or confrontation with her good friend, China. And if they were at it they should claim The islands and lands back from Vietnam and Thailand.

Maybe with help from China or USA. Well, don't count on USA she maybe make another major disaster in the region again and that would take another 30 years to get where they are now.

It seems like everyone is jealous with China, they want to china to sink to the bottom.
Leeporter

Bangkok, Thailand

#2 Dec 20, 2012
There is no way India to intervene and confront with China in the sea.

In the last 500 years, India never had any influence on SEA politic. It only involved in cultural aspect and trade.

It's the attempt by the west to create a (fake) confrontation between the 2 giants.

But I don't think both India and China will be stupid to fall into that trap.
truong

Australia

#3 Dec 20, 2012
a contest for supremacy china and US who will control asia Pacific?
china not only dealing with india but also giant Japan...
Angkor

Renton, WA

#4 Dec 20, 2012
Becareful with India. India just got a few surveillance aircrafts, called P8I which can maneuver in the South and China sea very quickly.

These aircrafts can detect any sh*t you hide in the sea and biological weapon. Of course, six short range missiles hung off each wing.

These aircrafts made in the US from the conversion of the next generation of Boeing 737.
kiang

Australia

#5 Dec 20, 2012
asean can not deal with big power intrude on regional block because asean has no Unity
china use economic to split asean
Leeporter

Bangkok, Thailand

#6 Dec 20, 2012
kiang wrote:
asean can not deal with big power intrude on regional block because asean has no Unity
china use economic to split asean
That's the idea you learned from western media.

In reality, it's different from your perception.
The Fan Club

Turramurra, Australia

#7 Dec 20, 2012
MalbarCACA
Anonymous

Methuen, MA

#8 Dec 21, 2012
Tep Tida Moha Sarkor wrote:
We hope Cambodia stays away from any conflict, or confrontation with her good friend, China.
China is not your friend, it is pol pot's father and is pol pot offsprings' grand father, therefore China is your grand father. Don't mistake on that.

Hahahahaha
Jai

Ashburn, VA

#9 Dec 21, 2012
Chinks get straight.
Hong

Bangkok, Thailand

#10 Dec 21, 2012
A deeper sanction will Win over.
Japanese hitech is hard to sell ti other Country.
Own Technology but nö market.Like a Gun without bullet.is hard to suceed.
Drgunzet

Boise, ID

#11 Dec 21, 2012
Tep Tida Moha Sarkor wrote:
We hope Cambodia stays away from any conflict, or confrontation with her good friend, China. And if they were at it they should claim The islands and lands back from Vietnam and Thailand.
Maybe with help from China or USA. Well, don't count on USA she maybe make another major disaster in the region again and that would take another 30 years to get where they are now.
It seems like everyone is jealous with China, they want to china to sink to the bottom.
This year China has signed an agreement to co-develop rocket warheads with Thailand so that can kill Cambodians better. Last year Thailand used the cluster-ammunition int he 155mm artillery shells and face outcries from the world. So, China thinks they can help Thailand to do better in the next Thailand-Cambodia conflict.

Wait till 2013 when Thailand and Cambodia have conflict over the oil in the Gulf of Thailand. China will order Cambodia to stand down.

You know that Thailand is a bigger, stronger, richer, more powerful than Cambodia. China will appease Thailand, not Cambodia.

If you have any love-ones killed by the Khmer Rouges, you should know that China were trying to save Khmer Rouges, and when China failed to save Khmer Rouges from toppling, China tried to restore Khmer Rouges for more than a decades from the bases in Thailand.

It seems to me the Khmers are not informed. So, here, I inform you. Would you agree that I am perhaps the smartest Asian ever shows up in this forum? I have displayed my German superiority many times.
jai

Satellite Provider

#12 Dec 21, 2012
India won't fight china but in turn will allow china to turn asean into its backyard.We are more interested in saving humanity from 7th century nazism aka. Islam that has spread its tenticles across 55 states.
kiang

Sydney, Australia

#13 Dec 21, 2012
cambodia should not involve with regional conflict
china try to create Polpot two
if any conflict between thailand and cambodia china will back thailand thailand more richer and chinese descendent control economic
the role of india India itself can not challenge china but india can join japan us australia and asean
hope china learn how to share with neighbors regional security and peacful
better for china and it neighbors and whole region and world..
Hong

Thailand

#14 Dec 21, 2012
misterV wrote:
<quoted text>
China is not your friend, it is pol pot's father and is pol pot offsprings' grand father, therefore China is your grand father. Don't mistake on that.
Hahahahaha
Nanjing massacre is your real fathet
You should bow and bow
Hong

Thailand

#15 Dec 21, 2012
Jelious India
So sad to Tell a Story about India
Bow to the West
Speak english
Oversea chinese

Thailand

#16 Dec 21, 2012
The West Media try to undermine US
They try to destroy China Every Way
We should make China stronger to Counter them
One Day i will GET revenge
chansy

Australia

#18 Dec 23, 2012
i think china aggressive toward neighbors will loose friends and help US pivot to asia
if china peaceful rise and then china will have more friends china should look at they policy recent year...
Oversea chinese

Bangkok, Thailand

#19 Dec 25, 2012
All oversea Chinese in one sole is the right way to save us in all area we live .To make Chinese stronger .Pride to be Chinese The only way to counter US allies .CNN dare not to provide the entire power of Chinese protest to the world public .it knows the power.
Leeporter

Bangkok, Thailand

#20 Dec 25, 2012
Oversea chinese wrote:
All oversea Chinese in one sole is the right way to save us in all area we live .To make Chinese stronger .Pride to be Chinese The only way to counter US allies .CNN dare not to provide the entire power of Chinese protest to the world public .it knows the power.
A fake oversea Chinese. None of chinese in Bangkok would say like this Drunken Boy. ha ha ha ..:-)
Drgunzet

Boise, ID

#22 Dec 26, 2012
Leeporter wrote:
<quoted text>
A fake oversea Chinese. None of chinese in Bangkok would say like this Drunken Boy. ha ha ha ..:-)
We have not seen this weirdo Leeporter for a day. He does that when I kick my boot into his face (figure speaking).

Why do I need to fake another IP when I can just kick my boot into your face with my Boise, ID. Did the Burmese needs to pretend to be Mongolians when they sacked and totally destroy Ayutthaya, Thailand's ancient capital. The Burmese all needed to do was to say, "Hey, we are Burmese. We are here to own you."

What a pathetic inferior Asian logic. Leeporter is playing a pathetic game of accusing me faking IP this, IP that. It will not work on me. I am too superior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russia's top 20 lies about Ukraine 2 min tm clm 2,503
Locals get angry with pro-Russia separatists (May '14) 10 min tm clm 1,084
Pakistan in Talks to Buy China's FC-31 Stealth ... 1 hr It is so Amazing 2
UN appeals for $405M for Afghanistan aid in 2015 2 hr Elmobietrue 3
PM Narendra Modi calls for drafting of Nepal's ... 2 hr Trehan 1
Modi Holds Talks With Nepal PM, 10 Pacts Inked 2 hr Trehan 1
Hasina meets Modi 2 hr Munu 1

Asia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE