Sargsyan wins Armenian presidential election

Feb 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Tass

Prime Minister Serzh Sargsyan has been elected as the Armenian president, the Central Elections Commission said on Sunday. via Tass

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
melik

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2008

If he really won the election, then why so many people are protesting in the streets of Yerevan. And how come that countries like USA, England, Germany and many others did not congradulate Mr Sargsyan?
Why don'd they recount the votes?
It looks like there were some fraud.
Tiko

Sun Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

LMAO it's funny that they say Levon got only 380.000 votes while in Azatutyan Hraparak there are 500.000 peoplpe for a fact I know that only 1.250.000 people participated on the elections and Levon earned over 800.000 votes or almost 64% of the votes! HE IS THE REAL AND ONLY PRESIDENT ARMENIANS KNOW NOW!
Sahakian

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

Tiko wrote:
LMAO it's funny that they say Levon got only 380.000 votes while in Azatutyan Hraparak there are 500.000 peoplpe for a fact I know that only 1.250.000 people participated on the elections and Levon earned over 800.000 votes or almost 64% of the votes! HE IS THE REAL AND ONLY PRESIDENT ARMENIANS KNOW NOW!
I read all the news on this from different sources and the crowd number is put 20-30k and not 1/2 million!!
Where did you get 1/2 figure?

Since: Jun 07

Yerevan/Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

What a joke. Please tell me if this is a fair winning then how come these people are not cheering him or congratulating to him? Shame on you Serj Sarkisyan you are disgrage to your people and to your country.

Levon Ter-Petrossian Rally 20.02.08 levonforpresident.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

armenian president election vote 02.26..2008 xuzarkum en (Investigating)

Erb ays videon nayum e miayn sarsap ev atelutyamb em ltsvum Serj Sarkisyani ev nra hetevexnoeri handep, esk mer hye jhoxovurdi handep miayn huzmunk, ev huysov em menk mer npatakin khasnenk ev ayd vishap Serj Sarkisyan@ ev Robert Kocharyan@ erents datastan@ kstanan.
Veritas

Sandy, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

Patience...

I like this video:
Sahakian

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

Veritas

I watched the Utube videos and read about the events and nowhere do I get half a million protesters furthermore were these the same people protesting to remove LTP? remember those!

Could this be simple case of sore losers protesting?

I feel more secure about NKR under Serj then LTP.

Since: Jun 07

Yerevan/Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

Veritas wrote:
Patience...
I like this video:
Nice Video thank you
Veritas

Sandy, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2008

I do not believe that this is a case of sore losers protesting. Domestically Armenia is in a bad situation, this might be more of a way of allowing people to vent their anger, the anger which has built for the past 10 years.
You must live in Armenia for at least 3 months to truly understand the situation. People can not take anymore.

As far as LTP is concerned, do not be suprised if I tell you that I understand how you feel. I personally struggle with myself, wondering if I am supporting a political change that will merely transfer power to another evil. But I do believe that change must occur, it must!! If not know, it will be much harder after another 8 years.

Although I have also heard that there was around 500 thousand people at the protest yesterday, I can not provide any proof which will verify that. A statment like this might more closely resemble the saying "hazar u mek" (thousand and one). It doesn't really mean thousand and one, it is just reflecting the immensity of the protest.

You must also realize who has resigned or supported levon in recent weeks. Ambassadors, Foriegn Ministry Representatives, Deputy General Prosecutor of Armenia, Heritage Party, Yerkrapa Union (Veterans Union), Civil Servants Union, 20 or 30 some odd NGO's, around 10 MP, nearly all Artsakh Liberation Martik have joined, others. In any case all I am saying is that this situation must be looked at closely; we might not be getting all the right information from certain, if not most sources.

This is a good site. www.youtube.com/a1plusnews
or www.armenialiberty.org or www.lragir.am

As far as NKR goes, do not believe what you hear. In Yerevan journalists who work for zaman or azeri newspapers have been given money by the authorities in recent months in-order to put out news publications that show levon sympathetic to the turkish cause. This is not the case at all. Making any compromise which would be unfavorable to the people would result in his death, he already made that mistake once and it is 'all' speculation now as far as what he was going to do or sign back in 96.

The best thing to do is for people unaware of the situation to call someone they know in Armenia. 9 out of 10 people will support me in saying that NO ONE wants serzh, NO ONE.
Sahakian wrote:
Veritas
I watched the Utube videos and read about the events and nowhere do I get half a million protesters furthermore were these the same people protesting to remove LTP? remember those!
Could this be simple case of sore losers protesting?
I feel more secure about NKR under Serj then LTP.
Gagik

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2008

I am not in favour of Serj Sarkisyan but I prefer him ove Levon. Where was Levon all these 10 years. All of a sudden he emerges 3 months prior to elections and starts crying about undemocratic government, curruption and so forth. He is an opportunist and not a patriot.

He created the currupt system himslef. All the elections during his time were rigged. Vano Siradegyan was the minister of internal affers and murdered numerous people under Levon with his knowledge. All his relevitves occupied very high posts, like his borhter in law who was in charge of the customes in Yerevan airport and took bribes left right and centre.

5 hundered thousand demonstrators means almost the entire adult population of Yerevan, which is proposterous. I spoke to my brother in law in Yerevan and he said max fifty thousand people.

Levon had the trust of the Armenian people before and he betrayed it. He can not be trusted again.

I think Aurtur Bagdasaryan was the best available as he is young, energetic, smart and would not compromise in the question of Artsakh.
ARMAND WAGNER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

EXACTLY!
Amy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2008

The situation in Armenia is not only a domestic internal event taking place but it is an international agenda of the new world order. Countries such as England, Turkey and the United States benefit from this event because Armenians are a bother in that region and so if the Armenian people can abolish one another and a civil war can take place then it will benefit a lot of nations. It is unfortunate that the Media in the United States is so limited and so sensored that it does not allow anyone to know about what is taking place in Armenia. Kocharyan who was the former president of Armenia just a couple of weeks ago had already succeeded in his agenda. He had made a contract and has sold much of Armenia with Britain. I ask all of you to look at the New World Map and notice that Armenia is not listed anywhere. So if Armenia is not listed on that map then what happens to the people? Well its obvious that another Genocide is going to take place or is taking place with the brutality from the army. This is all a plan for a bigger agenda. I just wonder why the United States is not aiding this matter? Is it because Armenia does not have oil? I guess so!!!!!!! I say that Armenians need to unite as one. This isolation has broken our bones. The diaspora in the United States is actually harming Armenia more than its helping them. Instead of talking big the leaders here in the U.S should get a plane ticket and go protest there. If they have any courage? Ultimatly, Armenia is in need of a great leader who is going to get rid of this Anarchy this beurocracy, this suppressed society, in order for the people of Armenia to openly and freely live their lives without fear. Lets unite as one and let our voices be heard. Write to our congressman, our senators, to White House- President asking for change of heart for their neglect towards the Armenians of Armenia.
Reality Check

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2008

Gagik wrote:
I am not in favour of Serj Sarkisyan but I prefer him ove Levon. Where was Levon all these 10 years. All of a sudden he emerges 3 months prior to elections and starts crying about undemocratic government, curruption and so forth. He is an opportunist and not a patriot.
He created the currupt system himslef. All the elections during his time were rigged. Vano Siradegyan was the minister of internal affers and murdered numerous people under Levon with his knowledge. All his relevitves occupied very high posts, like his borhter in law who was in charge of the customes in Yerevan airport and took bribes left right and centre.
5 hundered thousand demonstrators means almost the entire adult population of Yerevan, which is proposterous. I spoke to my brother in law in Yerevan and he said max fifty thousand people.
Levon had the trust of the Armenian people before and he betrayed it. He can not be trusted again.
I think Aurtur Bagdasaryan was the best available as he is young, energetic, smart and would not compromise in the question of Artsakh.
I agree with you 100%
Reality Check

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2008

We have to stop this madness NOW!
Veritas

Sandy, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2008

Reality Check wrote:
We have to stop this madness NOW!
Dont impose your ignorant comments on other people. Keep your opinions to yourself!!!
Reality Check

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2008

Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont impose your ignorant comments on other people. Keep your opinions to yourself!!!
Say what!? Keep my opinions to myself??? Is this your idea of democracy? chill bro! I will not insult you back because there's already enough divisiveness because of that sour loser LTP.

I remember people protesting against LTP when he was president. Why go back to old politicians??? Plus, where was he for the past 10 years? Was he in Armenia seeing his people struggle to have a decent life?

Leo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Ete LTP hamarume vor Vano Siradeghyane lav marde it mean that he is same murder. I think somebody or more manipulate him. Joghovurdi masin mtatsoghe chi asi vor uzume mur hane RK or SS. Inkna berel RK. Inch tsaneles enel khnzes.Eselem lurerin hetevum esel amen inch gitem. amot LTP vor catoghikosin ir dran shemits hete ugharkel. Shame on him.
Hay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Yes mi ban gitem, ovel @ntrver nuyn banere kasein. As for me I those people who never lived at that time when was LTP. Mardik moratselen irents aprats orere. Petk che uratsogh linel. Yte partvumes uremen het kangni vintsvor urishnere aretsin, vochte zori ujom voreveban pahanji.Amotele vor nayumes te inchpesa LTP parum kapiki nman, inke iren xaitarak arets.Karoghek ayd videon nayek U-Tubov.
GGS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

I agree 100%
CNA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

I agree 100$
Armen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

I think in this case the only 4 people are trying to destroy Armenia, they are balian( esh kaj nazar), rudik (zanaveska),anahid(monster,vis hap) and nune avetisyan(ghzoghlan). People ays srikanere mer azg@ iraren kharnum, mardkants mitk@ tunavorum, bolorin irar kharnun, haziv amen inche hangstatsele, toghek aprenk. We have too much pressure,to many probles here, lets think about our life here

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••