Wife of Mongolian activist speaks out against Chinese harassment

Oct 15, 2012 Full story: The Guardian 29

Xinna calls for international help to secure release of husband Hada, detained for 17 years on spying charges in Inner Mongolia Inner Mongolia: Chinese government fears spread of violent unrest that has hit its regions of Tibet and Xinjiang in recent years.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Portland, OR

#2 Oct 16, 2012
ok help me out a bit here, isn't Mongolia a separate independent country from China? so why is china controlling Inner Mongolia, when did China start taking over Mongolia---or am I misunderstanding something here

“CCP Troll”

Since: Nov 08

Hebei, China

#3 Oct 16, 2012
Leonard 68 wrote:
ok help me out a bit here, isn't Mongolia a separate independent country from China? so why is china controlling Inner Mongolia, when did China start taking over Mongolia---or am I misunderstanding something here
You understanding is at its normal level for you.(a "China Expert" on Tibet!) Too lazy google it!

Since: Mar 08

Portland, OR

#4 Oct 16, 2012
uncle fargo wrote:
<quoted text>You understanding is at its normal level for you.(a "China Expert" on Tibet!) Too lazy google it!
oh no, the drunken cement head is back to spew forth his stupidity and ugliness---uf is one of the few people in the forum you really can't treat as a full human being---he's subhuman in other words, I never claimed to be a china or mongolia expert dumbass,

instead of trying to answer my question in good faith (which you did not and could not) you immediately went on the offensive to attack....as usual...so this is what you get in return as usual, will you never learn---by constantly attacking and stinking up the world you bring nothing but contempt and counter attacks upon yourself---it's all you know---very sad

I've seen people many times try to treat you as a normal human being but it never works---every time you prove you are sub human

Since: Mar 08

Portland, OR

#5 Oct 16, 2012
the place seems mis-named, it should be called outer Mongolia since the region is outside of Mongolia proper, the word inner usually refers to something inside of or close to the center, at any rate this appears to be another part of china where the minority is getting brutalized, the term "inner mongolia" doesn't make sense---leave it to the CCP to get things backwards
old china

Chengdu, China

#6 Oct 16, 2012
Leonard 68 wrote:
the place seems mis-named, it should be called outer Mongolia since the region is outside of Mongolia proper, the word inner usually refers to something inside of or close to the center, at any rate this appears to be another part of china where the minority is getting brutalized, the term "inner mongolia" doesn't make sense---leave it to the CCP to get things backwards
You're such a bigot Leonard but it's good to see that Uncle has taught you about the existence of search engines when I never could.

"Inner" Mongolia - as in the part of Mongolia on the inside in relation to Beijing. It is your perspective that is backwards because, as usual, you never try to understand something from a different view point.

Some anally retentive aspect of Topix will probably delete this post so I suggest you follow this link while you still can because it might help your understanding of China. bbc.co.uk / news / magazine-19929620
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#7 Oct 16, 2012
Leonard is a troll don't bother with him. In fact the whole Mongolia should belonged to China.

Since: Mar 08

Portland, OR

#8 Oct 16, 2012
old china wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such a bigot Leonard but it's good to see that Uncle has taught you about the existence of search engines when I never could.
"Inner" Mongolia - as in the part of Mongolia on the inside in relation to Beijing. It is your perspective that is backwards because, as usual, you never try to understand something from a different view point.
Some anally retentive aspect of Topix will probably delete this post so I suggest you follow this link while you still can because it might help your understanding of China. bbc.co.uk / news / magazine-19929620
I relax just for one moment looking for some kind of friendly discussion and up out of the depths comes a predator like Uncle Fargo---I should have known---a sneak attack artist---always ready to pounce upon the unsuspecting---he would have been great with the Japanese at Pearl Harbor---maybe he is Japanese afterall, yep you can never ever relax for one moment in this forum cause a CCP good will strike at that moment,

I knew I could have googled it but was just looking to participate herein----looking to get constructive feedback from others---that was naive of me

thanks for your feedback,

Since: Mar 08

Portland, OR

#9 Oct 16, 2012
CCP goon not CCP good
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#11 Oct 16, 2012
old china wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such a bigot Leonard but it's good to see that Uncle has taught you about the existence of search engines when I never could.
"Inner" Mongolia - as in the part of Mongolia on the inside in relation to Beijing. It is your perspective that is backwards because, as usual, you never try to understand something from a different view point.
Some anally retentive aspect of Topix will probably delete this post so I suggest you follow this link while you still can because it might help your understanding of China. bbc.co.uk / news / magazine-19929620
I read that article before.

It essentially says China is more like the EU than a single nation.

The major problem is the same for both. many people want to leave the union and go back to their original nation states.

“CCP Troll”

Since: Nov 08

Hebei, China

#12 Oct 16, 2012
Leonard 68 wrote:
<quoted text>
I relax just for one moment looking for some kind of friendly discussion and up out of the depths comes a predator like Uncle Fargo---I should have known---a sneak attack artist---always ready to pounce upon the unsuspecting---he would have been great with the Japanese at Pearl Harbor---maybe he is Japanese afterall, yep you can never ever relax for one moment in this forum cause a CCP good will strike at that moment,
I knew I could have googled it but was just looking to participate herein----looking to get constructive feedback from others---that was naive of me
thanks for your feedback,
Except that it wasn't a "sneak attack at Pearl. That's just the spin put on so the public (who know the facts,) won't think they are a nation of dickheads. Again you are trying to re-wite history to fit your ignorance and/or dogma!
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#13 Oct 16, 2012
Leonard 68 wrote:
ok help me out a bit here, isn't Mongolia a separate independent country from China? so why is china controlling Inner Mongolia, when did China start taking over Mongolia---or am I misunderstanding something here
Outer Mongolia tried to break away from China after the fall of the Qing dynasty in 2012, with the help of Czarist Russia. Inner Mongolia decided to stay within China.

There is a U.S. based and NED funded separatist movement for Inner Mongolia (just like for Tibet and Xinjiang), but they're mainly regarded as a JOKE by the Chinese government.(The same way your uncle looks at the Alaska Independence Party). That movement was started by a bunch of Inner Mongolian students studying in the U.S., mainly to claim political asyslum to stay in the U.S.. It's your tax money, not mine.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#14 Oct 16, 2012
Sorry, that's Outer Mongolia breaking away from China in 1912. Typo.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#15 Oct 16, 2012
There are 3 million Mongols in Outer Mongolia and 5 million in Inner Mongolia, where they're just 18 % of the local population. That's the same ratio of native Hawaiians in Hawaii today. That also means Inner Mongolia has as much a chance of breaking away from China as Hawaii winning independence from Uncle Sam today.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#16 Oct 16, 2012
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that article before.
It essentially says China is more like the EU than a single nation.
The major problem is the same for both. many people want to leave the union and go back to their original nation states.
You should be more worried about Scotland breaking away from U.K., in 2014 and joining the EU.

Since: Mar 08

Portland, OR

#17 Oct 17, 2012
RayH wrote:
Sorry, that's Outer Mongolia breaking away from China in 1912. Typo.
do you consider outer Mongolia to be a sovereign independent country?

Mongolia is an ancient country.

Since: Mar 08

Portland, OR

#18 Oct 17, 2012
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
Outer Mongolia tried to break away from China after the fall of the Qing dynasty in 2012, with the help of Czarist Russia. Inner Mongolia decided to stay within China.
There is a U.S. based and NED funded separatist movement for Inner Mongolia (just like for Tibet and Xinjiang), but they're mainly regarded as a JOKE by the Chinese government.(The same way your uncle looks at the Alaska Independence Party). That movement was started by a bunch of Inner Mongolian students studying in the U.S., mainly to claim political asyslum to stay in the U.S.. It's your tax money, not mine.
I think maybe you are too paranoid about NED, etc,
you are always talking about that
maybe you are correct though to be talking about it so much
to me though it seems more paranoia, fear, etc.

USA would love to see significant change per the Chinese government
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#19 Oct 17, 2012
Leonard 68 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think maybe you are too paranoid about NED, etc,
you are always talking about that
maybe you are correct though to be talking about it so much
to me though it seems more paranoia, fear, etc.
USA would love to see significant change per the Chinese government
You should be more worried about instability in the U.S..

Since: Mar 08

Portland, OR

#20 Oct 17, 2012
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be more worried about instability in the U.S..
I am concerned
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#21 Oct 17, 2012
Leonard 68 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am concerned
Hope you're not one of those "Doomday Preppers" preparing for social and economic collapse. Don't forget to stock up on more Chinese Ren Min Bi Yuan. Good as gold.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#22 Oct 17, 2012
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you're not one of those "Doomday Preppers" preparing for social and economic collapse. Don't forget to stock up on more Chinese Ren Min Bi Yuan. Good as gold.
Pssst. The CCP policy is to devalue to RMB artificially, you trying to spur artificial demand for the RMB will do the opposite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russia's top 20 lies about Ukraine 6 min Zeppelin 2,537
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 1 hr Swedenforever 54,530
Russia to build railway line bypassing Ukraine 1 hr Lukashenko is Dr ... 2
Pakistan crime: Man pours acid down wife's thro... 3 hr A Baloch 4
France suspends delivery of warship to Russia 6 hr joseph 11
United Front Against Turkey?: Top Cypriot Legis... 7 hr Dander 227
Bulgaria Denounces Russia-Abkhazia Agreement 7 hr Putina 2

Asia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE