Somaliland: A country that does not exist

Nov 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: In-depth Africa

From as far back as the 1960's, the people of Northern Somalia have always felt marginalised by the rest of Somalia, preferably South-Central Somalia.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“turn back the hands of time”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

The author of this needs to speak for himself and keep the South out of his mouth. Also I find his attempt at history revisionism quite pathetic. He needs to get his facts straight, it wasnīt the Southerners who innitiated the union, it was the North.

Iīm still waiting for that Somalilander pundit who can argue his cause without "the woe is me"-rhetoric and fabrication of history.
Ayan

Markham, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Somaliland is moving forward while our brothers and sistesr in the south live in hell!

Get it together guys! 20+ yrs of chaos is terrible.

We Somalilanders are building a future with peace and stability as much as we can. We can't go back!! Only forward!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Ayan wrote:
Somaliland is moving forward while our brothers and sistesr in the south live in hell!
Get it together guys! 20+ yrs of chaos is terrible.
We Somalilanders are building a future with peace and stability as much as we can. We can't go back!! Only forward!
Your presence in Canada contradicts your speech :/

“Me!Myself Ohhh && I”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Why do u care if somaliland exist or not ?...????

Just leave somaliland to be and watch it Succeed,Grow & Blossom.

:]
mareexan power

Gallarate, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

You somalilanders have to stop behaving like this
I am a somali nationalist and i love my people.from djibouti to kismayo

Ethiopians and gaalada maraykanka want to divide the somali people....they want to exploit somaliland ports and if somaliland get recognization you will be just a ethiopian colony

Southern somalia is raising again from the civil war caos but we need some help......i do not want turkey's or arabic countries help WE NEED YOUR HELP

CAUSE SOMALIA WITHOUT SOMALILAND IS JUST LIKE A HUMAN BEING WITHOUT A LEG....A HUMAN BEING WITHOUT A LEG CAN NOT WALK AND A LEG WITHOUT A HUMAN BEING CAN NOT DO NOTHING

SO LETS FORGET THE PAST AND LETS START REBUILD OUR SOMALI NATION

SOMALILAND IS THE LAND OF SOMALI PEOPLE
STOP HATING EACH OTHER

SOMALI WAA MID!

EHIOPIAN ARE DIVIDED IN MORE THAN 70 ETNIC GROUPS WITH DIFFERENT RELIGIONS AND LANGUAGES BUT THEY ARE A UNITED COUNTRY

SOMALIA IS A HOMOGENEOUS COUNTRY AND EVERYBODY SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE (EVEN RAHANWEYN MAAY DIALECT SPEAKERS SPEAK ALSO SOMALI) BUT WE STILL HATE EACH OTHER....TELL ME WHY?
dirty south

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

INSEARCH_OF wrote:
<quoted text>
Your presence in Canada contradicts your speech :/
97% somalilander live in somaliland...the 3% abroad were the one that left in the late 80's and early 90's...somaliland is peaceful and has a functioning government..but it lacks economy it is still vey poor and the education is average...the somalilanders abroad invest in the country..you might see a somalilander working in a resturant washing dishes for hours on minimum wage but instead of the spending it we send it home to make small businesses..a few pound here is alot there...somaliland is built by the diaspora...why do polish or eastern europeans come to england for jobs? is it because they have no government ? are there wars over there? no they want easy jobs that pay more...same goes to indians,pakis,mexicans they want a better qaulity life...i doubt some one who lived in the west most of their live would move to a 3rd world country even if it were peaceful.....my living in the west does not contradict somalilands success ,stability and democracy all we need is a strong economy and recognition as a sovereign nation...there a now several oil company in somalilands wo are investing in the oil search our latest deal is with a turkish company they going start drill in late 2013 early 2014 inshallah there are many being done as we speak.....first sort out the south mess then talk about s.land in the mean while enjoy your new isaaq/woman foreign minister loooool

Since: Apr 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

No comment!!!....... The title say's it for itself.

Since: Apr 12

Yemen

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

its true somaliland does nt exist if dey will b cm a country dey r ethiopians puppets thats wt dey r gud for nt only somalilanders bt somalians as a hole ur our b!tches b!tches

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

dirty south wrote:
<quoted text> 97% somalilander live in somaliland...the 3% abroad were the one that left in the late 80's and early 90's...somaliland is peaceful and has a functioning government..but it lacks economy it is still vey poor and the education is average...the somalilanders abroad invest in the country..you might see a somalilander working in a resturant washing dishes for hours on minimum wage but instead of the spending it we send it home to make small businesses..a few pound here is alot there...somaliland is built by the diaspora...why do polish or eastern europeans come to england for jobs? is it because they have no government ? are there wars over there? no they want easy jobs that pay more...same goes to indians,pakis,mexicans they want a better qaulity life...i doubt some one who lived in the west most of their live would move to a 3rd world country even if it were peaceful.....my living in the west does not contradict somalilands success ,stability and democracy all we need is a strong economy and recognition as a sovereign nation...there a now several oil company in somalilands wo are investing in the oil search our latest deal is with a turkish company they going start drill in late 2013 early 2014 inshallah there are many being done as we speak.....first sort out the south mess then talk about s.land in the mean while enjoy your new isaaq/woman foreign minister loooool
The difference between you and the Polish is that the Polish donīt lie about their identity. You come to the west claiming the clans of Southern minorities to obtain asylum. So please donīt compare your identity theiving fraudster tribesmen, with the Polish and the Indians, who are usually skilled workers, unlike asylum seekers of your kin.
Xamar

Oakleigh, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

african wrote:
israel AND usa says ready to recognize Somaliland
It is a matter of time. Somaliland started its journey from ground Zero and now in a position where it has everything but recognition. Give it a little more time and Somaliland will officially be part of the International community.
DOKON DOKON DOKON! Yeah Israel is eager to recognize you but its for it's own intrest which is military presence in the Red Sea! As for the Americans ofcourse they would support any kind of dissolution of an Islamic nation and further create distinctions between the Muslim ummah! & what journey from ground zero? I've been to hargeisa they still have the same road that Mohammed Barre built. Somalia who has been in turmoil for the past 20 years still has a better airport than you guys.
Furthermore what does it have to offer to the international community apart from a few cave paintings and some sand! Somaliland is a desert state and cannot sustain itself without aid due to its lack of rain & rivers. A united somalia is a strong somalia(for your case). P.S we have oil you guys don't!
somaliland

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

INSEARCH_OF wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between you and the Polish is that the Polish donīt lie about their identity. You come to the west claiming the clans of Southern minorities to obtain asylum. So please donīt compare your identity theiving fraudster tribesmen, with the Polish and the Indians, who are usually skilled workers, unlike asylum seekers of your kin.
lol most somalilanders in the west came here inbetween 1988 and 1996 dont forget after the siyad barre somaliland did fight eachother over clan shit like the south but we just evolved unlike the southern monkeys...and so what if landers come here were not exactly rich arab who live in luxury...dont forget darling were just as poor as the south even we sent you millions of dollars in last years drought thats how developed we are....insearch instead of hating somaliland on topix u should love somalis in somalia....send your south people some money or food isku xishood.
yaaaaaaaaaaaa

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

shaqola' aan.com

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

somaliland wrote:
<quoted text> lol most somalilanders in the west came here inbetween 1988 and 1996 dont forget after the siyad barre somaliland did fight eachother over clan shit like the south but we just evolved unlike the southern monkeys...and so what if landers come here were not exactly rich arab who live in luxury...dont forget darling were just as poor as the south even we sent you millions of dollars in last years drought thats how developed we are....insearch instead of hating somaliland on topix u should love somalis in somalia....send your south people some money or food isku xishood.
LOOOOOOOOL, those who came after 1991 are 100% fraudsters, none of them were truthful with the immigration authorities about their real tribal identities. What tribes did they claim again? Like I said, I donīt buy your phony lip-service patriotism, when you have admitted that having a "comfortable" life in the London projects is far more important to you than being a "Somalilander". You said yourself, washing dishes or being on welfare in London is far more comfortable than living in SL.

"Millions of dollars"...hahahaha... donīt make me laugh. You have street children in Somaliland getting molested in the streets. If you were sincere you would help them first, because charity starts at home. Anything else?

Now, answer me this_

1.How come you you Somalilanders can never talk about how "progressive" and "devoloped" you are without mentioning the South? Is the South, the most notoriously anarchaic place on earth in recent times really setting the standards for you? Is that the only place you can compare yourself to?

2.Why is your "national" identity and "national" pride contingent upon the misery of the South?

3. Thereīs a saying that goes "Nothing lasts forever, not even your troubles". The Southīs trouble wonīt last forever, and we are more likely to a see a peaceful south in the future than an internatinally recognized Somaliland. When that happens, what will happen to your already fragile national identity and pride? When that which you based your identity and self-worth on (Southern chaos) is no longer, then what will you do?
Xamar

Oakleigh, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

INSEARCH_OF wrote:
<quoted text>

2.Why is your "national" identity and "national" pride contingent upon the misery of the South?
AMEN TO THAT!
yaaaaaaaaaaaa

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

INSEARCH_OF wrote:
<quoted text>

Calacaal.com
yaaaaaaaaaaaa

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Only Allaah can Judge me somaliland ayaa maskaxda ka wastaay :p
somaliland

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

INSEARCH_OF wrote:
<quoted text>
LOOOOOOOOL, those who came after 1991 are 100% fraudsters, none of them were truthful with the immigration authorities about their real tribal identities. What tribes did they claim again? Like I said, I donīt buy your phony lip-service patriotism, when you have admitted that having a "comfortable" life in the London projects is far more important to you than being a "Somalilander". You said yourself, washing dishes or being on welfare in London is far more comfortable than living in SL.
"Millions of dollars"...hahahaha... donīt make me laugh. You have street children in Somaliland getting molested in the streets. If you were sincere you would help them first, because charity starts at home. Anything else?
Now, answer me this_
1.How come you you Somalilanders can never talk about how "progressive" and "devoloped" you are without mentioning the South? Is the South, the most notoriously anarchaic place on earth in recent times really setting the standards for you? Is that the only place you can compare yourself to?
3. Thereīs a saying that goes "Nothing lasts forever, not even your troubles". The Southīs trouble wonīt last forever, and we are more likely to a see a peaceful south in the future than an internatinally recognized Somaliland. When that happens, what will happen to your already fragile national identity and pride? When that which you based your identity and self-worth on (Southern chaos) is no longer, then what will you do?
lol after 91 when SNM took over somaliland and declared independence there was clan tension that led to the '' marya alool '' civil war after that there was another war which was isaaq vs habar yonis a isaaq sub clan five years after the declaration of independence there was clans wars...respectively speaking somaliland had 100 % peace only until 96 even after that life was hard thats why many of us had o leave...i came to london when i 2 yrs old in 92 because of clan war..i came from one the richest families in burco but eveything was destroyed that why im here and many other somalilanders ....i go hargeisa every summer and its lovely no worries akuna matata lol im going nxt yr to get married cant wait :)...insearch cant go somalia if her mum was dying loool i saw mugadisho on a oxfam ad it wasdisgusting isaw bantus duqsi badan hahaha dont worry somaliland will save you inshallah ...peace
yaaaaaaaaaaaa

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

somaliland wrote:
<quoted text> lol after 91 when SNM took over somaliland and declared independence there was clan tension that led to the '' marya alool '' civil war after that there was another war which was isaaq vs habar yonis a isaaq sub clan five years after the declaration of independence there was clans wars...respectively speaking somaliland had 100 % peace only until 96 even after that life was hard thats why many of us had o leave...i came to london when i 2 yrs old in 92 because of clan war..i came from one the richest families in burco but eveything was destroyed that why im here and many other somalilanders ....i go hargeisa every summer and its lovely no worries akuna matata lol im going nxt yr to get married cant wait :)...insearch cant go somalia if her mum was dying loool i saw mugadisho on a oxfam ad it wasdisgusting isaw bantus duqsi badan hahaha dont worry somaliland will save you inshallah ...peace
looooooooool rageeedi war u sheeg nacal tulla alayk achtufff hahahaha
One Ummah

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

This is a sad sad page...
No wonder the Muslims are weak: divide and conquer.
The solution for this mess is that All Muslims unite under one leader. History always repeats itself. For the Muslim Ummah to unite, first the Arabs must unite than the rest of the Muslim will in-sha-Allah follow.

Until then... Peace!!!
waryahe

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

arabs r useless

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••