Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely not Black

Watching a local television program recently, I heard Spike Lee express his belief that Queen Cleopatra of Egypt was Black. Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Romania

#10504 Feb 14, 2013
Lena wrote:
<quoted text>I know...I was just repeating it so it can sink into their heads lol
Unfortunately for some peep's "sunk in their own brainwashed history of feel good about themselves" its useless . They're gonna belive what suits better for them and their lack of historical self esteem . Too bad for them.
Lena

Canberra, Australia

#10505 Feb 14, 2013
-Piper- wrote:
<quoted text> Unfortunately for some peep's "sunk in their own brainwashed history of feel good about themselves" its useless . They're gonna belive what suits better for them and their lack of historical self esteem . Too bad for them.
too bad for them alright, Happy Valentines to u))
Justanyone

Brussels, Belgium

#10506 Feb 15, 2013
-Piper- wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry, my english...:^D I kinda "mind translate" from my language into english when in hurry.
Wanna say those AA's
Listen. Are you going to tell me what those AA's are or what
Justanyone

Brussels, Belgium

#10507 Feb 15, 2013
Ethiopia wrote:
The Ancient Egyptian were ethiopians.You can tell by thier features and their eyes. Diffenatly not white European or Arabs. Knowlege is everyones, but why do they alway try to make Ancient Egyptian look Arab or White on documentarys.
Their trying to steal the L:egacy once again. But can't because truth will iluminate throgh their skin. You see my
<quoted text>
More likely, today's Ethiopians are the descendants of mixtures resulting from Egyptian hegemony for many centuries in northern Africa.
Nobody ever said Egyptians were white. How could anyone be white in such a climate ?
Spathis

Vernon, Canada

#10508 Feb 15, 2013
She was not black because she was Greek!
Terma!

Romania

#10509 Feb 15, 2013
Lena wrote:
<quoted text>too bad for them alright, Happy Valentines to u))
LOL THANX !!!
Kinda late, but wish you had a Happy Valentines too !:^)

Romania

#10510 Feb 15, 2013
Justanyone wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen. Are you going to tell me what those AA's are or what
Chill m8. ;^)
African-Americans.
Not all of 'em of course . Unfortunately some of them are kinda into claiming other people cultures only cos they feel better to imagine themselves as masters of their ancestors massa's. Sad and idiotic in the same time.
Lena

Canberra, Australia

#10511 Feb 15, 2013
-Piper- wrote:
<quoted text> LOL THANX !!!
Kinda late, but wish you had a Happy Valentines too !:^)
no worries and hope u enjoyed yr day too!
African AE

Randburg, South Africa

#10512 Feb 16, 2013
Africa wrote:
I would say Cleopatra was a Black women.She did wait on
no man,she did let nobody stand in her way and she did
did not take shit.So to me she is a BLACK women.
All to ALLAH {God}
She was a mixed race woman who was a slut!

Romania

#10513 Feb 17, 2013
Lena wrote:
<quoted text>no worries and hope u enjoyed yr day too!
Not so much enjoyement, cuz I had to work most of the time that day and nite, but I did recover teh lost those days ! ;)

Romania

#10514 Feb 17, 2013
African AE wrote:
<quoted text>She was a mixed race woman who was a slut!
Slut or not, she'll be remembered way after your body will be dirt and your name forgotet.

How the fk could one person became mixed "race" when she was born from a long incestuos line of greeks?! Greeks weren't black by the way !

Ptolemaios Megas was the first in line, does his name sound nijialike to you ?
Lena

Canberra, Australia

#10515 Feb 17, 2013
-Piper- wrote:
<quoted text> Not so much enjoyement, cuz I had to work most of the time that day and nite, but I did recover teh lost those days ! ;)
ohh not to worry, I was supposed to be working but had a sick day(really was sick lol)btw are u a woman? what forum are u posting from, Africa or Egypt?
Lena

Canberra, Australia

#10516 Feb 17, 2013
-Piper- wrote:
<quoted text> Slut or not, she'll be remembered way after your body will be dirt and your name forgotet.
How the fk could one person became mixed "race" when she was born from a long incestuos line of greeks?! Greeks weren't black by the way !
Ptolemaios Megas was the first in line, does his name sound nijialike to you ?
don't worry about that dummy African, they just like to stir up trouble and make up shite all the time LOL

hey black she was GREEK!!

Romania

#10518 Feb 17, 2013
Lena wrote:
<quoted text>ohh not to worry, I was supposed to be working but had a sick day(really was sick lol)btw are u a woman? what forum are u posting from, Africa or Egypt?
Yup, you were sick LOL , love sick maybe . ;^)

I'm sorry, but I'm a man "almost write mad instead man" Lol's ;^)

From Africa forum.

Romania

#10519 Feb 17, 2013
Lena wrote:
<quoted text>don't worry about that dummy African, they just like to stir up trouble and make up shite all the time LOL
hey black she was GREEK!!
Usually real Africans do not claim shithistory like afrocentric north americans .
Lena

Canberra, Australia

#10520 Feb 17, 2013
-Piper- wrote:
<quoted text> Yup, you were sick LOL , love sick maybe . ;^)
I'm sorry, but I'm a man "almost write mad instead man" Lol's ;^)
From Africa forum.
hahahah its ok don't apologise u r allowed to be "you"... u being from Romania and posting from Africa forum is as funny as me being greek/ozzie posting from Egypt forum LOL
Lena

Canberra, Australia

#10521 Feb 17, 2013
-Piper- wrote:
<quoted text> Usually real Africans do not claim shithistory like afrocentric north americans .
I know..was just kidding with them,,im not racist they just annoy me cos they think everyone was originally black ha ha
its history that Cleopatra came from greek heritage daughter of a greek general but they insist that she was black African ,,,dodos they are
Lena

Canberra, Australia

#10522 Feb 17, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Cleopatra's mother was as white as she was, they both belonged to the Ptolemaic Dynasty. There was nothing 'African' about any of the Ptolemies, they were Europeans in ancestry.
yiasou Jeff ti kaneis, sorry I haven't visited this thread for a while,hope u been well
Spathis

Vernon, Canada

#10524 Feb 17, 2013
Zeeto ee Elatha -yassoo jeff levendopetho!

Romania

#10525 Feb 18, 2013
Lena wrote:
<quoted text>hahahah its ok don't apologise u r allowed to be "you"... u being from Romania and posting from Africa forum is as funny as me being greek/ozzie posting from Egypt forum LOL
Thank you very much for your kind allowance, my queen. ;^) Or should I say , me greek goddess?:^)

You live in Oz (on my mobile-can't see peep's location)? I've spent all me childhood in Perth;West Australia.

Well, Ive lurked trough all topix forums and when I see something funny or incredible stupid or anything I can be interested at, then I post.

And yup, I've also seen some of your posts in Egypt forum, you have a friend there, kinda flirting like friend, forgot his nik name thou ;^)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Africa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UN chief urges African leaders not cling to power 1 hr funny 1
The U.S. is complacent as Egypt repeats its his... 11 hr yee haw 2
West African Federal Project 16 hr WAFP-PFOA 1
Ethiopia says new railway to Djibouti to start ... Thu Ogaden is in Ethi... 4
daily payouts on premium rate numbers Thu Shriparascorportion 1
Canada / Africa / Diplomatic Appointments Wed news for you 1
Was The Arab Spring Bad For Egypt? Jan 28 AGARD 1
More from around the web