Wikileaks: Sudanese launchpad for Egyptian attack on Ethiopian dam

Sep 4, 2012 Full story: In-depth Africa 69

Egyptian authorities fearful of a monopoly on Nile waters received agreement from Khartoum to build an airbase in Sudan, to launch attacks on Ethiopian damming facilities, claims the anonymous media outlet; Wikileaks.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
nUNU

Ethiopia

#1 Sep 4, 2012
We defend GRD in blood
Desalegn

Ethiopia

#2 Sep 4, 2012
The
y know us hw we will defeat over them!
Zewdu

Ethiopia

#3 Sep 4, 2012
Egypt will ultimately lose what it deserves of the Nile waters if involved in such military oreintations and Sudan will turn out to be a battle ground of Africa if not the world which won't help anyone.The people of Ethiopia shouldn't be condemned to starve and die of thirst while Egpyptians splash on the river's water as they want.They have to learn to accomodate and respect the needs of others who have natural rights to the Nile as much as Egyptians claim.Why is it impossible for Egypt to learn from other Arab states who desallinate the sea water for use? This is an alternative for their over dependence on the Nile.What if it dries out just like the Amazone dry out for sometimes some two or three years before?
java

Hawassa, Ethiopia

#4 Sep 4, 2012
I don't think egyptian governement believe in war and millitary power in the era of 21th century.cz war cannot be solution to solve questions over common resource it is rather discusion over mutual benefit.
both gov't better know the consequnces of war for both nation and people it would be unthinkable.
so don't fabricate gossip and rumour, we love and respect our egyptians brothers and they would so!!
ONLF

Melbourne, Australia

#5 Sep 4, 2012
Good news, Eritrea, ONLF, OLF, Somalia all support this Sudanese and Egyptian initiative.
eDF

Ethiopia

#7 Sep 4, 2012
nUNU wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hate only can not help u much, war needs steel balls, & I don't think all mentioned do have. Kkkkiiirrrrrrrrrrrrr
Why they expect Egypt & Sudan, if they have the balls already
-Badme is in enemy occupation
-Oromia is not OLF land so far
-Ogaden is not in ONLF hand
So come on HATERS
semere

Germany

#8 Sep 4, 2012
Pleace dont wreit the name of eritrea . cz Gov and people dont wont war with any .
trk

Ethiopia

#9 Sep 4, 2012
ONLF wrote:
Good news, Eritrea, ONLF, OLF, Somalia all support this Sudanese and Egyptian initiative.
You always happen to be jubilant whenever war is the talk in East Africa!
LoL

UK

#11 Sep 5, 2012
ONLF wrote:
HaHAHAHAHAHHAAAA what Somalia and Eritrea have to do with this?woyane is not the Ethiopian people so stop wishing the Ethiopians miseries,have a gut and fight woyane instead of praying Egypt to come and do the work for you.what a weird forumer hhhhhhh
LoL

UK

#12 Sep 5, 2012
muxsa wrote:
one thing what i want to asure you that, it does not mean ethiopia will die when meles is die. egptions know ethiopia long time a go. we know them as well how we will dfeat them. so let them come then we know what we will do.
Aqmhn ayteh tenager guregna,when it comes to Egypt the international community will be in egypts side,this is egypt you are taking about not Somali or Eritrea and USA will not support you the way they did when you fought with Eritrea and Somalia.and I don't think you will be able to defeat Egypt on your own,will ya?
Jemal

UK

#13 Sep 5, 2012
The fight will be between tigre and neftanga vs egypt. The oromos, ogadiens, afars, gurages and gambelas will not fight against egypt and they should know by now before they start bombing my people! i know the coward tigres will run to eritiria to save their life lol.
Getinet Tesfa

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

#16 Sep 5, 2012
I don't believe that Egypt will do it. If that will happen, we will sink together. They have to think thousand times before they do it. If they strike, no more Egypt.
abdu from somalia

Leeds, UK

#17 Sep 5, 2012
egypt wouldn't dare touch the ethiopian dam. which the ethiopian ppl been waiting for very long time. we could seat down on the table and sort this issue. if not there will be lots of blood shed on egypt soil. not only the ethioian army all ethiopians will rais to fight back. lets not go there. What about Aswan Dam, How about the irrigation on their plantation in Egypt. they could do all that but ethiopians cant. how is that fare.
Gurage gegna

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Sep 5, 2012
no body is scared of ejypt , all of you cowards go suck on some Egyptian arab dik-tit. fk egypt with a dog dk.
she can build all the launch pad she wants. we have built one in tigray, and eritrea,(eritrea will never let any one use eritrea to beat ethiopia, they want the dam too.) she aint going to do sht. how does a Dreamliner full of TNT dropping on cairo sound.? not good , i wish this coward bushti Egyptians try it.. ethiopian man is not scared of no one. we are not the black cowards they inslaved , no we are the kings men that annihilated there army . we are the kings men the conquered egypt and built the last pyramid, we are the kings men who conquered yemen and governed there nomad assss for 80 years and burnt meca medina to the ground.(that caba is the secound one , glory to general Abraham and Kaleb.) we are the mercenaries that took south india by storm. fk egypt.

you cowrads can sit here , sht scarred, but no genga ethiopian will be intimidated. you cowrds sitdown and piss like the bitchs that you all are.
tell them to come and give me a mans death because i am living with cowards.

glory to ethiopia.
Gurage gegna

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Sep 5, 2012
LoL wrote:
<quoted text>
Aqmhn ayteh tenager guregna,when it comes to Egypt the international community will be in egypts side,this is egypt you are taking about not Somali or Eritrea and USA will not support you the way they did when you fought with Eritrea and Somalia.and I don't think you will be able to defeat Egypt on your own,will ya?
arb arb yeseberal eyerusalem. israel wants egypt to come down a nocth who the fk you think encoraged all the nile bassin nation about there dam potentiality . israel want egypt week , and who is better to do that than ethiopia , we dont need shit , like i said a dreamliner full of TNT . will anhilate chiro. and guess who has a dream liner and unlimited suply of TNT. they were skirt for crist sakes. they are poor and not advanced , they dont produce sht. they will need to use all there money to buy weapon . and will buy from german , china, japan, but we wont. we just drop a Dreamliner full of TNT. and 747 full of TNT on Kahrtoom (very easy to do.) if they help them. and the war is over. i know about weapons and i know what airbus full good stuff is capable off. i call it the "mininuk" enough to create hiroshima. i will personally piolt this plane to cairo.
Gurage gegna

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Sep 5, 2012
i change my mind about piloting the plane to ciro. i encorage we use some one dying of aids. becaseu i would like to see there faces when they loose. lol
egypt

Washington, DC

#21 Sep 5, 2012
yes, go egypt. hold your god given right to water by any means
gegana

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Sep 5, 2012
egypt wrote:
yes, go egypt. hold your god given right to water by any means
you better hold alaha dik , fk egypt we look at you men like woman , we want to kill u for no reason let alone for water.
Amhara patriot

Ethiopia

#23 Sep 6, 2012
We are as hot as hell on this issue. This will happen over our dead body!
The last king of Amhara

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

#24 Sep 6, 2012
Even the last king of Amhara will wake up for such a fight.

Have you guys seen the movie 'THE MUMMY"?- that's how it will end. we the ancient ETHIOPIANS and Egyptians are not new for one another. we know each other very well for millenniums. You may have underestimated the current government but we will back up any current Ethiopian ruler on this issue and our ancient Amhara kings, that you know them very well, will be within us on such days.

BRING IT ON! WE WILL WELCOME YOU NOT IN ETHIOPIAN SOIL BUT AT KHARTOM!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Africa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Protest broke out in Bahr Dar City ,North Ethiopia 3 hr Somali nationalist 4
A foreign policy based on Lies and Fabrications 6 hr Doctor 5
Chitwan National Park Tour-II 18 hr Trekking Mart 1
Arab Contractors will participate in Ethiopian ... Fri Z-ETHIOPIAN 1
Bush calls Moammar Gadhafi, voices satisfaction... (Nov '08) Thu Swedenforever 16
Top news of 2014 left public grasping for answers Thu _malon_goblok 1
ERC says 85 percent of Addis Ababa Light Railwa... Dec 18 Happy 1
More from around the web