Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
22,701 - 22,720 of 32,003 Comments Last updated 22 min ago
someone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

PHDick wrote:
<quoted text>
they watchin you and takin' away that phd, dummy..send you back t kindergarten, ya hay!
Who's they?

Your imaginary friends?
BUSHWHACKER

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

First I've heard of imaginary friends, where did you find them ??? Gotta be tough, aren't they insubstantial ???
someone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

BUSHWHACKER wrote:
First I've heard of imaginary friends, where did you find them ??? Gotta be tough, aren't they insubstantial ???
You should learn how to properly use punctuations amateur. Just one question mark is used to indicate a question.
Too bad your spell/grammar check missed that.:)
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Which is it, spelling or grammar ??? LMAOROTFU~! "Man" troll, you BLEW that one....
someone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Which is it, spelling or grammar ??? LMAOROTFU~! "Man" troll, you BLEW that one....
You are an expert at blowing. And I don't mean animal balloons.
Care to enlighten me on art of blowing?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

You blew it, go a-head and explain...
someone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
You blew it, go a-head and explain...
Never blew a head in my life.
That is your expertise.

Its how you made money cause "jobs" was beneath you right?
someone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Let me guess you are just going to repeat yourself.....

Again....
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

You blew it, but continue to pretend punctuation is spelling or grammar... You're clearly not intelligent to admit mistakes and learn from them.

Really dumb, but you've been showing it in every post.

YOU'RE WELCOME ~!!!
someone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
You blew it, but continue to pretend punctuation is spelling or grammar... You're clearly not intelligent to admit mistakes and learn from them.
YOU'RE WELCOME ~!!!
Lol I thought so mental midget
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Why wait for the response ?? You ignored it, because it's true.

YOU'RE WELCOME ~!!!
someone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Why wait for the response ?? You ignored it, because it's true.
YOU'RE WELCOME ~!!!
Lol look at the mental midget flailing
Ahahahah
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Good job midget.... Spam and write noise.
someone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Good job midget.... Spam and write noise.
Ahaha name calling is so childish
Ahahaha
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Bill wrote:
I wonder if the US military will be scaling back operations anytime soon, given that their "carbon footprint" is so substantial...
And there is also the "depleted uranium footprint."
Oh, and the "unexploded ordnance footprint."
Also, might as well mention the "dead and maimed civilian footprint."
Heck, can I also mention the fact that, since the current wars of aggression were unprovoked and unjustified, that we should also seek to irradicate the "dead combatant footprint," given that it amounts to mass-murder? I would include combatant casualties on both sides, and I would like to hold the architects of this bogus "war on terror" responsible for all of these murders, devastation, polution, misery... and "anthropocentric global warming," if framing it in those terms helps.
Thanks for the summary.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the summary.
Goodness, how long ago did Bill post his "summary" about the US military? Must have been a while.

Really, though, the war in Afghanistan, at least initially, was in response to al-Qa`ida's attack on us on 9/11. Since al-Qa`ida was mostly in Afghanistan, there was a reasonable rationale.

However, from the beginning, Cheneybush misunderstood the enemy, not fully appreciating that al-Qa`ida was (& still is) a non-state actor. From the beginning (remember when Bush said we would pursue "terrorists & THOSE WHO HARBOR THEM"?), Cheneybush over-emphasized the nation-state, in this case Afghanistan, rather than pursuing al-Qa`ida all out. There was mission creep, & we ended up fighting mainly a counter-insurgency to defend a corrupt Karzai government.

Then, of course, Iraq was the worst mistake in the history of American foreign policy. At least Vietnam was a theater of WW-3 (the cold one); Iraq was NOT a theater of WW-4 (against militant Islam). It was a war of aggression over oil, nothing more & nothing less. Cheney's poison, pushed by him on behalf of the oilmen who practically lived in his office as the "Energy Task Force."

Cheney's weekly visits to the CIA to be sure they picked out the "right" intel to justify the war, the outing of Valerie Plame, the illegal war itself, the justification of torture & on & on - there simply haven't been more impeachable offenses, at least since Nixon, maybe ever. Cheney is a vile criminal.

Yes, the US military has left quite a footprint. There's NO reason for the budget to any more than half of what it is.

Anyway, the oil that goes thru the Persian Gulf goes mostly to China & points east now. Why can't the Chinese pay to defend it & keep it open? Let them be the infidels with their boots on the ground at Baghram. Let the Muslims be p***ed off at them for a while instead of us. They've hated each other for more than a millenium anyway.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's they?
Your imaginary friends?
It was a pretty funny knock on PHuD, I thought. Are you one of his sockpuppets?:)

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodness, how long ago did Bill post his "summary" about the US military? Must have been a while.
Really, though, the war in Afghanistan, at least initially, was in response to al-Qa`ida's attack on us on 9/11. Since al-Qa`ida was mostly in Afghanistan, there was a reasonable rationale.
However, from the beginning, Cheneybush misunderstood the enemy, not fully appreciating that al-Qa`ida was (& still is) a non-state actor. From the beginning (remember when Bush said we would pursue "terrorists & THOSE WHO HARBOR THEM"?), Cheneybush over-emphasized the nation-state, in this case Afghanistan, rather than pursuing al-Qa`ida all out. There was mission creep, & we ended up fighting mainly a counter-insurgency to defend a corrupt Karzai government.
Then, of course, Iraq was the worst mistake in the history of American foreign policy. At least Vietnam was a theater of WW-3 (the cold one); Iraq was NOT a theater of WW-4 (against militant Islam). It was a war of aggression over oil, nothing more & nothing less. Cheney's poison, pushed by him on behalf of the oilmen who practically lived in his office as the "Energy Task Force."
Cheney's weekly visits to the CIA to be sure they picked out the "right" intel to justify the war, the outing of Valerie Plame, the illegal war itself, the justification of torture & on & on - there simply haven't been more impeachable offenses, at least since Nixon, maybe ever. Cheney is a vile criminal.
Yes, the US military has left quite a footprint. There's NO reason for the budget to any more than half of what it is.
Anyway, the oil that goes thru the Persian Gulf goes mostly to China & points east now. Why can't the Chinese pay to defend it & keep it open? Let them be the infidels with their boots on the ground at Baghram. Let the Muslims be p***ed off at them for a while instead of us. They've hated each other for more than a millenium anyway.
Excellent summation, agree on all points.
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Duhhh! Obama is evil! Duhhh! The federal government is evil! Mking excuses because of party line does not change that. If he was of goodness, we would see most of the bases shut down and most of our troops and civilian soldiers home. Hope and Change....bwhaaaa! They lie to your face....the backstabbers!

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
Chalk it up, to a bored, stupid, housewife...
Good "job" tiny, the rethugs need morons like you to continue destroying the Earth, so we can send our kids out in spaceships and form Superman, like your scientific sources SAY !! LMAOROTFU ! Now misspell, minion.
Insults, the sign that someone is loosing. As for the bored and stupid part. How much time are you spending on Topix? How much do you spend on reading the actual research?

At least you have the housewife part right. Of course I am working and have three kids and went back to school. So bored, just dont have the time to be bored.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Afghanistan Forum right now

Search the Afghanistan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pakistan: Right War, Wrong Battlefield 9 hr NITiN 3
Kerry-brokered plan to end Afghan election cris... Jul 21 cancer suxs 8
Obama to bestow nation's highest combat honor o... Jul 21 Die 1
Meanwhile In Other News Not Related To Israel Jul 21 mICHEAL 1
Pakistani reporter sentenced to 4-year prison t... Jul 21 mICHEAL 1
Can star lawyer clear Bowe Bergdahl's name? Jul 19 John Gribardsun 8
Darius Guppy: the US condemns Iran but allies i... Jul 18 Too Simple 2
•••
•••