Obama: Half of US combat troops home within 1 year

Feb 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Capital-Journal

President Barack Obama's decision to bring home within a year about half of the 66,000 U.S. troops now in Afghanistan will shrink the force to the size he found it when he entered the White House vowing to reinvigorate a stalemated war.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
DENG

Nanjing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

US combat troops home within 1 year

HISTORICALLY, TROOPS COMING "HOME" ARE USED TO PUT DOWN UPRISINGS CAUSED BY THE HARDSHIPS OF EXCESSIVE WAR-SPENDINGS AS THE PEOPLE JUST WANT REAL CHANGE THAT'S BLOCKED BY THE DESPOTIC CONTROLS OF GOVERNMENT OF A WAR-ECONOMY DICTATORSHIP.
Gravediggers

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

And what jobs will they be able to find?
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

That's right.

Tell the enemy our plan for troop withdrawal.

All the Taliban has to do now is lay low until all the soldiers leave by the end of 2014.

After that they are free to return to their old tricks.
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Deal With It wrote:
They were supposed to all be out at the end of 2014 and now he is saying half. Damn liar.
Not that I'm in the habit of taking his side (I'm not), but I believe Obama said 1/2 by 'this time' next year (meaning Feb, 2014) and the rest by the end of 2014.

(I could be wrong, but I still think they're scheduled to all be out by the end of next year).
WoW

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

DENG wrote:
US combat troops home within 1 year
HISTORICALLY, TROOPS COMING "HOME" ARE USED TO PUT DOWN UPRISINGS CAUSED BY THE HARDSHIPS OF EXCESSIVE WAR-SPENDINGS AS THE PEOPLE JUST WANT REAL CHANGE THAT'S BLOCKED BY THE DESPOTIC CONTROLS OF GOVERNMENT OF A WAR-ECONOMY DICTATORSHIP.
Hey DUNG, where the hell is my egg drop soup.. get to it!! chop chop!!

FREE TIBET!
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Deal With It wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. I am in the service amnd it was at the end of FY14 which is Oct 2014.
Thank you, I stand corrected.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Best News in months.....Of Course, Presidet Obama is limited in the troop withdrawels, due to timelines designed with our ally's troop drawdowns.....
seqleq

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Them Troops should have already been home 2 years ago

“GS=The NutCase of Topixland”

Since: Sep 08

SD=Mayor of Topixland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Gravediggers wrote:
And what jobs will they be able to find?
Not many if people keep voting for the anti-American worker republicans. Boehner didn't even applaud when jobs creation as mentioned by the President in his State of the Union address.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••