Bishop of Burnley vows to oppose gay marriage change

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: Lancashire Telegraph 23

The Bishop of Burnley and acting head of the Blackburn Diocese, John Goddard, said: "This is not in any way homophobic, but I oppose gay marriage.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 14, 2012
Just saying that one's motives are, or are not, something does not make it so in the light of reality.

Since: Jan 08

Chon Buri, Thailand

#2 Dec 15, 2012
GOP = christian sharia

“MARY HARTMAN, MARY HARTMAN”

Since: Nov 12

Avon, Co

#3 Dec 15, 2012
"Bishop of Burnley vows to oppose gay marriage change"

Who cares? In the States, it will soon become federal law for civil union in all States for gays and it is for others because it's a civil rights matter the NAACP had taken over now.

As for marriage, there is no such thing as traditional marriage but in the States, marriage is and always has been nothing more than a religious ceremony gays and everyone else has been allowed to have if they want. Marriage in the States is not legally binding because this is a secular nation where a document from the courthouse is required to make a so called marriage a civil union.

People in the west no longer care what bigoted religious freaks have to say about anything. Religious freaks are insane. Churches are mostly just old people now and in ten years will be as vacant as in Europe.

It's way over for the right wing nuts and I mean politically, religious, opinions and everything else. Americans no longer care what that minority of idiots say or think.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#5 Dec 15, 2012
the real Blunt Mocker wrote:
whatever, but is is still stupid to imagine that two men can be "married" . That isn't possible, unless you pass an Act to change the meaning of the word "Marriage".
That's not true, of course.

Just because YOU have difficulty with a simple concept, doesn't have any bearing on the law.

And, come on, do sane people really need to verify what types of genitals are attached to a married couple? How is that relevant to their marriage?
Trendy Liberal Idiot

London, UK

#6 Dec 15, 2012
some people are naive enough to think that marriage actually means a man and woman. That is of course, not the view in Islington and Notting Hill. Some people still even think you need a man and woman to get children, instead of buying them from Africa. How very outmoded.
Trendy Liberal Idiot

London, UK

#7 Dec 15, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true, of course.
Just because YOU have difficulty with a simple concept, doesn't have any bearing on the law.
And, come on, do sane people really need to verify what types of genitals are attached to a married couple? How is that relevant to their marriage?
the Book of Common Prayer does mention man and woman . My mother was a woman - but I see that is now frightfully passe.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#8 Dec 15, 2012
the real Blunt Mocker wrote:
whatever, but is is still stupid to imagine that two men can be "married" . That isn't possible, unless you pass an Act to change the meaning of the word "Marriage".
before long the courts will be choked with divorce cases involving screaming queens. Entertaining no doubt.but not really needed.
How sad for you to have such an impoverished imagination, and such a closed petty mind.
knobbishness

London, UK

#11 Dec 15, 2012
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad for you to have such an impoverished imagination, and such a closed petty mind.
another outbreak of poovish nonsense. marriage is between men and women - if you want to make a lifetime commitment, make a legal contract. Trouble is you gays think the whole world revolves around you and your queenish hissy fits. Why not try for a job in a musical? then you can have drama every night.

“Church | | State”

Since: Jun 07

Toby's Landing

#12 Dec 15, 2012
Queen Elizabeth 1st wrote:
...Churches are mostly just old people now and in ten years will be as vacant as in Europe.
Maybe in New York but in a large part of the country it will take more than 10 years for your prediction to come true. In the South they are indoctrinating the young harder than ever. And they have turned the churches into huge social clubs. The result is a large number of kids who are totally self-centered and unreligious in every way EXCEPT that they have been taught to put on a show so that everybody "thinks" they are upstanding religious individuals.

The next generation will be even bigger hypocrites than their parents are.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#13 Dec 15, 2012
knobbishness wrote:
<quoted text>another outbreak of poovish nonsense. marriage is between men and women - if you want to make a lifetime commitment, make a legal contract. Trouble is you gays think the whole world revolves around you and your queenish hissy fits. Why not try for a job in a musical? then you can have drama every night.
You homophobes think the world revolves around you and only your opinion (without any sort of fact to back it up) should be considered to have legal standing.

How sad for you to live with such a restrictive, impoverished sense of values. You are being left behind and there's nothing you can co about it except pout.
jason norris

Ellesmere Port, UK

#14 Dec 16, 2012
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
You homophobes think the world revolves around you and only your opinion (without any sort of fact to back it up) should be considered to have legal standing.
How sad for you to live with such a restrictive, impoverished sense of values. You are being left behind and there's nothing you can co about it except pout.
and pay through the nose for your AIDS medicine. nappy wearing pervert.
rio

Beckenham, UK

#15 Dec 16, 2012
jason norris wrote:
<quoted text>
and pay through the nose for your AIDS medicine. nappy wearing pervert.
prejudice at its best ...

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#16 Dec 16, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
prejudice at its best ...
indeed.
nearly as bigoted as calling someone a Paki.

you hypocrite.
rio

Beckenham, UK

#17 Dec 16, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
indeed.
nearly as bigoted as calling someone a Paki.
you hypocrite.
Ha, perhaps you never insult anyone?

Location hidden

#18 Dec 16, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, perhaps you never insult anyone?
wrong again dick head.

i insult pricks like yourself at every opportunity.

i also expose your ever so P.C hypocrisy at every opportunity.

you racist bigoted hypocrite.
rio

Beckenham, UK

#19 Dec 16, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong again dick head.
i insult pricks like yourself at every opportunity.
i also expose your ever so P.C hypocrisy at every opportunity.
you racist bigoted hypocrite.
well I insult pricks like straa and you at every opportunity.

What's makes you right and me wrong?

You not an hypocrite? Don't make me laugh.
You were quick to slag off AL: Muslims for a business of paedophilia - Rochdale, was it?
But since, cases against BBC luminaries, Jimmy Saville, Lee Travis, Cyril Smith, etc... have been uncovered and your silence has been deafening!
Suddently you have gone quiet on the subject.
Why?
Because being white, they escaped your attention, and you are solely interested in slandering Muslims.
If a guy like Jimmy Saville abuse 300 or 450 girls (as it is alleged according to papers), that's ok with you: he was WHITE.

You aren't interested in paedophilia at all, but in slandering a whole group of people and one religion, because that's the EDL party line, yes? You use paedophilia because it's a powerful subject at the moment, but you carefully chose who you will slander about it!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#20 Dec 16, 2012
Poor biscop o' Burnley.

So inconsequential that people can't manage to stay on a topic concerning him.

Poor, poor Burnley.

Location hidden

#21 Dec 16, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
well I insult pricks like straa and you at every opportunity.
What's makes you right and me wrong?
You not an hypocrite? Don't make me laugh.
You were quick to slag off AL: Muslims for a business of paedophilia - Rochdale, was it?
But since, cases against BBC luminaries, Jimmy Saville, Lee Travis, Cyril Smith, etc... have been uncovered and your silence has been deafening!
Suddently you have gone quiet on the subject.
Why?
Because being white, they escaped your attention, and you are solely interested in slandering Muslims.
If a guy like Jimmy Saville abuse 300 or 450 girls (as it is alleged according to papers), that's ok with you: he was WHITE.
You aren't interested in paedophilia at all, but in slandering a whole group of people and one religion, because that's the EDL party line, yes? You use paedophilia because it's a powerful subject at the moment, but you carefully chose who you will slander about it!
wrong again.

the fact that your left wing masters in Government/media go into full "denial" mode when the subject of Muslim child abuse is raised is the main reason people get so angry about it.

the fact that these abusers in Rochdale were "imported" abusers is another reason people get so angry about it,as you point out,we have enough indigenous abusers as it is,why import more?

to be honest your concern for "Muslims" is looking suspect since you let the mask slip and called someone a "Paki".you confession that you have used prostitutes in the past,who chances are were being exploited also make your attempts to stifle ANY debate on Muslim child groomers highly suspect too.
rio

Beckenham, UK

#22 Dec 16, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
to be honest your concern for "Muslims" is looking suspect since you let the mask slip and called someone a "Paki
I called him a paki because he isn't one, and because I know that it irritates him.

I am not surprised that you cannot understand; you are so thick.

Straaa is just like you; an irritating cnut!
More poovery

London, UK

#23 Dec 16, 2012
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
you forget the simple fact that without "heteros" there wouldn't be anyone at all, let alone pooves. No-one is being left behind. stop being a drama queen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 3 min Wanderer2452 22,886
How the Israel Lobby Protected Ukrainian Neo-Nazis 6 min Lukashenko is Dr ... 20
NATO's North Atlantic Council Condemns Russia's... (Mar '14) 7 min Liga 10,484
Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who ... (Apr '14) 8 min Lewis Hamilton 4,264
Locals get angry with pro-Russia separatists (May '14) 9 min Lukashenko is Dr ... 1,076
Mumbai: ACB goes after kin of babus suspected o... 19 min Binoy Gupta 1
Turkish governor threatens to turn synagogue in... 22 min screw her 12
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 35 min Milena N 384,860

World News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE