Taiwan demands Philippines probe fisherman's death

May 10, 2013 Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel 803

The shooting death of a Taiwanese fisherman by the Philippine coast guard has become the latest incident to roil tensions over territorial disputes in and around the South China Sea, with Taipei calling Friday for Manila to apologize for the shooting.

Full Story
First Prev
of 41
Next Last
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#1 May 10, 2013
from north to south the waters are already full of chinese vessels and the fils coast guard decides to fire on the one fishing vessel?

he tried to ram us? coast guard vessel vs. fishing vessel and cant avoid a fishing boat?
not exactly a prudent decision.

if you wish to commit acts of bravery try doing so against the fleets of chinese fishing vessels that have been routinely rubbing salt into your wounded egos.
with this one act of stupidity the flips could easily find now themselves under attack.
Kodiak

Philippines

#2 May 11, 2013
The Chinese fisherman died because of their stupidity and greed. They should have obeyed the lawful order of our PCG to board their ship...instead they ran...then one of them tried to ram our CG ship.

Now, the Chinese are falsely portraying themselves as victims. They are just common thieves who are stealing our natural resources with no respect to their neighbors.
Asean

United States

#3 May 11, 2013
Good job Philippines ! Give Ching message that ASEAN is strong and we're not easy to be slap around
Balasubas

Los Angeles, CA

#4 May 11, 2013
that captain PCG should be promoted. they should just sunk that fishing vessel. the chinese are so greedy that now intrude to other countries territory to fish and even catch endangered species.
Father Damaso

Luxembourg

#5 May 11, 2013
Kudos to the Philippine Coast Guard. The chinx got what they deserve
amcunt

Saint Paul, MN

#6 May 11, 2013
It will be more disastrous if PH allow the intrusions to continue and get bigger. The greed of the Chinese knows no bounds, better stop them now or forever they will steal all of Asian territories.
Bulldozer

Waukegan, IL

#8 May 11, 2013
amcunt wrote:
It will be more disastrous if PH allow the intrusions to continue and get bigger. The greed of the Chinese knows no bounds, better stop them now or forever they will steal all of Asian territories.
that's right amcunt. if they can't be stopped make them feel the heat.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9 May 11, 2013
PCG nneds cameras on all patrol boats like most russians have on their cars in case of any arguements on what happens. My guess the bad guys keep their boats informed on who's patroling the waters.
Chinese

Changzhou, China

#10 May 12, 2013
I do not see any comments here with any logic, the place is 170nm from Taiwan port, I think it's within EEZ of Taiwan as well, this is overlapped area with Philipine. I DON'T THINK PHILIPINE SIDE HAVE ANY RIGHT TO ENFORCE LAW IN THIS WAY IN THIS DISPUTED AREA.
FOR US GUYS, REMEMBER YOUR COUNTRY DO NOT AGREE ON THIS EEZ, ONLY 12NM TERRITORIAL SEA IS WHAT US GOVERNMENT THINK LEGAL. Here is not 12nm from philipine. If Philipine guys done again, China should sunk those sh**t into sea, warn them it's always dangerous to use weapons, result is always unpredictable.
Timm Maddog

Tainan, Taiwan

#12 May 12, 2013
Kodiak wrote:
The Chinese fisherman died because of their stupidity and greed. They should have obeyed the lawful order of our PCG to board their ship...instead they ran...then one of them tried to ram our CG ship.
Now, the Chinese are falsely portraying themselves as victims. They are just common thieves who are stealing our natural resources with no respect to their neighbors.
The Taiwanese fisherman died because the Philippine government does not value life and is used to killing even the Filipino Muslims in the South so it's become a habit.

But wait till the Taiwan navy and air force responds and target all of the Philippine navy .

It would be better if the Chinese navy join the action too and then let us hear about all your false bravado now against an unarmed civilian fishing boat once more .
amscammer

Saint Paul, MN

#13 May 12, 2013
Timm Maddog wrote:
<quoted text>
The Taiwanese fisherman died because the Philippine government does not value life and is used to killing even the Filipino Muslims in the South so it's become a habit.
But wait till the Taiwan navy and air force responds and target all of the Philippine navy .
It would be better if the Chinese navy join the action too and then let us hear about all your false bravado now against an unarmed civilian fishing boat once more .
The Chinese does not value and does not help protect endangered spieces and does not respect other peoples home and they will keep the intrusions unless they feel the pain. I wouldn't let you get in an inch inside my properties greedy chinks.
amscammer

Saint Paul, MN

#14 May 12, 2013
The Chinese intruders = Home burglar = thieves = pirates = crooks.
babyJesus

United States

#15 May 12, 2013
This is how the Philippines protect her sovereignity and people.
.
Dear Chinese,
Dont ever go to Philippines as pirates. Go get your own visa first!
.
I think this is the reason why Japan and S. Korea are angry to China. Chinese are land and sea grabber. They had Tibet, then Xinjiang, and then they control Cambodia.
.
They envy Philippines' richness in fishery that's why they often come here to risk their freaking lives just for fishing.
.
Balasubas

Los Angeles, CA

#16 May 12, 2013
PCG should have just sunk the chinese fishing boat like the Russian coast guard did last year. they deserve it. they seem not to respect territorial bounderies.

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

#17 May 12, 2013
Timm Maddog wrote:
<quoted text>
The Taiwanese fisherman died because the Philippine government does not value life and is used to killing even the Filipino Muslims in the South so it's become a habit.
But wait till the Taiwan navy and air force responds and target all of the Philippine navy .
It would be better if the Chinese navy join the action too and then let us hear about all your false bravado now against an unarmed civilian fishing boat once more .
Bah. This is as much both sides fault.

The fisherman needs to respect the boundary lines too. Even if where they are at is the overlapping lines, there is no excuse to ever flirt with it. That overlapping line is a grey area where anything can happen. This is what happens when you don't respect the boundaries.

I mean, sure, guns shouldn't of been involved ever and its unfortunate, but the fisherman's lack of respect for the boundary lines is just plain stupid and it resulted in a casualty.
amscammer

Saint Paul, MN

#18 May 12, 2013
StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bah. This is as much both sides fault.
The fisherman needs to respect the boundary lines too. Even if where they are at is the overlapping lines, there is no excuse to ever flirt with it. That overlapping line is a grey area where anything can happen. This is what happens when you don't respect the boundaries.
I mean, sure, guns shouldn't of been involved ever and its unfortunate, but the fisherman's lack of respect for the boundary lines is just plain stupid and it resulted in a casualty.
Lack of respect or no respect whatsoever. Greed knows no respect and without respect and without force nothing would stop the Chinese fishermen even all the way to the inland waters of other countries like PH or even Russia.
Timm Maddog

Tainan, Taiwan

#19 May 12, 2013
amscammer wrote:
<quoted text> The Chinese does not value and does not help protect endangered spieces and does not respect other peoples home and they will keep the intrusions unless they feel the pain. I wouldn't let you get in an inch inside my properties greedy chinks.
First of all be informed that the Philippine coast guard killed was a Taiwanese from your friendly and democratic Taiwan.

Secondly the people who will feel the pain are not the Peoples Republic of China but the thousands of Filipino workers in HK, Macau and Taiwan if these continues to escalate.

Thirdly, a racist like you would only do more harm to the hard working Filipinos everywhere.
Timm Maddog

Tainan, Taiwan

#20 May 12, 2013
StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bah. This is as much both sides fault.
The fisherman needs to respect the boundary lines too. Even if where they are at is the overlapping lines, there is no excuse to ever flirt with it. That overlapping line is a grey area where anything can happen. This is what happens when you don't respect the boundaries.
I mean, sure, guns shouldn't of been involved ever and its unfortunate, but the fisherman's lack of respect for the boundary lines is just plain stupid and it resulted in a casualty.
The Philippine coast guard can arrest and fine and even confiscate the ship. But shooting and killing an unarmed fishing boat?

Look at civilized Japan, the JCG used water cannons and arrested and even detained and fined many Taiwanese fishermen BUT never fired a single shot.

amscammer

Saint Paul, MN

#21 May 12, 2013
Timm Maddog wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all be informed that the Philippine coast guard killed was a Taiwanese from your friendly and democratic Taiwan.
Secondly the people who will feel the pain are not the Peoples Republic of China but the thousands of Filipino workers in HK, Macau and Taiwan if these continues to escalate.
Thirdly, a racist like you would only do more harm to the hard working Filipinos everywhere.
So you have a material to blackmail your way to your quest for unmolested occupation of other country's territories. So Taiwan then is worse than China. Nice going greedy chink. I have no answer to your threat that's for the PH government to decide what's best for their country.
amscammer

Saint Paul, MN

#22 May 12, 2013
Timm Maddog wrote:
<quoted text>
The Philippine coast guard can arrest and fine and even confiscate the ship. But shooting and killing an unarmed fishing boat?
Look at civilized Japan, the JCG used water cannons and arrested and even detained and fined many Taiwanese fishermen BUT never fired a single shot.
The Taiwanese chinks initiated a hostile act according to the report and furthermore the Taiwanese chinks would not and could not be stopped without firing. So what's new with you greedy chinks?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 41
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 18 min VN Vet 33,201
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 22 min cheapo 384,249
Nicosia rules out partition, wants talks to resume 23 min Rockstar 142
Kiev ready to buy coal from self-proclaimed rep... 24 min NAZTY Ukraine 38
Croat, Serb organisations urge reconciliation (Jan '14) 31 min Hungarian 101 10,431
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 33 min JOEL 70,555
HANOI: EU pours US$19 billion into Vietnam 35 min NUCAPGRAGTAIWANUS... 10
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 2 hr YOUR GRANDPA on TV 22,560

World News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE