Chinese firm plans $11 bln rail, port, steel projects in Cambodia

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Two Chinese companies have reached a deal to build a 400-km rail line, a steel plant and a sea port in Cambodia worth a combined $11.2 billion in what would be by far the impoverished country's biggest-ever investments.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of72
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Baksie Chamkrong

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

misterV wrote:
<quoted text>
Read this moron Polpot offspring
Laos Could Bear Cost of Chinese Railroad
http://nationalistvietnam.wordpress.com/2013/...
Your shiithole country even have China international academy. Despite all the facts, your moron polpot offspring kept accusing the Viet for control you politically. But ignore the fact that the Chinese is controlling you.
I don't want watch anything from you, everyone can make one video, youtupe or movie to suit their needs.

Don't count on me to watch anything on your links, I am not ladyboy like you.
Baksie Chamkrong

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

misterV wrote:
<quoted text>
Read this moron Polpot offspring
Laos Could Bear Cost of Chinese Railroad
http://nationalistvietnam.wordpress.com/2013/...
Your shiithole country even have China international academy. Despite all the facts, your moron polpot offspring kept accusing the Viet for control you politically. But ignore the fact that the Chinese is controlling you.
Why don't you just shuxxut the hell up, it is none of a goddanm business. It is Cambodia internal affair, you moron.
sleepy man

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Cambodian wrote:
another 15 year no more combodia, I mean Cambodia you know what I mean.
Well, where are the Native Australian or the native American, I mean Native Indian?
The planet is getting smaller, human like you need and consume more, let's share. By the way, where in the world your phone or computer come from with out new resource?
With the Chinese push, Cambodia will overtake the Australia economy within 20 yesrs, if not less.
Tell the Truth

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

These Vietnamese morons especially Drgunzet and SpongeBob talking a lot of nonsense like Thai ladyboy Leeporter. I want to ask everybody to ignore these morons, who seem to have a lot of pleasure talking bad about Cambodia and Cambodian people.
Uncle Pang

Shah Alam, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Tell the Truth wrote:
These Vietnamese morons especially Drgunzet and SpongeBob talking a lot of nonsense like Thai ladyboy Leeporter. I want to ask everybody to ignore these morons, who seem to have a lot of pleasure talking bad about Cambodia and Cambodian people.
The US has a sizeable Viets (now the 2nd generation) as the result of the coward American-backed South Viet Army officers fleeing the country in face of the bow and arrow armed Vietcons.
Their kids now share the same cowardly DNA of their loser pee-in-the-pant father.
They talk brave in topix, but walk with the tail between the legs in the real streets of the USA.
Cambodian

Richmond, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

This is again a beginning of destruction of Cambodia. Cambodia soon will be used for another near future proxy war. When will the Cambodians learn the history lesson? When it is too late? How sad! The money (investment) is taken, then the jobs must be done!
wong yu

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

not only asean country that control by china but world is control by chinese .
Watch out which side your guy going to take on.
wong yu

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Chinese military technology is improve quite well during the 15 years .Many country is looking for chinese militarys tech ,not only cambodia.
wang

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

hun sen sell cambodia to china already
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Go Greater China!
samrangsee

Mount Druitt, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

lonol polpot now hun sen all chinese descendent
they all make money out of camb wealth
real khmer alway poor
king father sell his soul to china
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

samrangsee wrote:
lonol polpot now hun sen all chinese descendent
they all make money out of camb wealth
real khmer alway poor
king father sell his soul to china
Gilard sell Oz to China
samurai

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Bob Burns wrote:
<quoted text>Gilard sell Oz to China
oz not run by china but camb does
Convert Sray

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

samurai wrote:
<quoted text>oz not run by china but camb does
Standing alone in this world is not the way you can run the country.
Cambodia must take side , Whoever offer you good you must take it.
If the west do not have any interest with Cambodia ,Why is it wrong to go along with China that offer help to help ?.
Remember this The war between East Vs West could that any time soon.
sophi

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Convert Sray wrote:
<quoted text>.
Standing alone in this world is not the way you can run the country.
Cambodia must take side , Whoever offer you good you must take it.
If the west do not have any interest with Cambodia ,Why is it wrong to go along with China that offer help to help ?.
Remember this The war between East Vs West could that any time soon.
polpot does the same thing
chris

Cambodia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Baksie Chamkrong wrote:
Vietnam and Thailand don't like china investment in Cambodia, they will be upset because these both neighbors don't want to see Cambodia more better than them.
Go ahead! China. We are all family like fish and water. You build us a Hong Kong, we have a plenty of rice to feed you.

British built Hong Kong
cilantro

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

sophi wrote:
<quoted text>polpot does the same thing
...pol pot and hun sen . clearly different logic . you can't compare dog and cat ..
sophi

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

cilantro wrote:
<quoted text>...pol pot and hun sen . clearly different logic . you can't compare dog and cat ..
for now but later on hun sen can not say no to his master
cilantro

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

sophi wrote:
<quoted text>for now but later on hun sen can not say no to his master
....he's smarter than the others low-level head-khmer rouge-offspringe otherwise he could'nt keep his power til today...
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Drgunzet wrote:
The 10 billion US investment is a cover for a Chinese military base in Koh Kong area. Note two things:
1. The Koh Kong area is far away, farthest from Vietnam's border.
2. Chut Wutty was trying to stop the illegal logging in the Koh Kong area then he got killed by the Cambodian local guards working for a Chinese company.
I look at the map. Cambodian's current port Sihanoukville is actually closer, and easier to be built with a rail system. But it is so close to Vietnam border.
Koh Kong on the other hand is tuck under Tonle sap as well as the Koh Kong's mountain range. Building a rail system there is very uneconomical. Further more, Koh Kong does not have a port yet, Sihanoukville already has a port.
There, I rest my case. Koh Kong will become a Chinese Naval base. It looks to me Cambodian folks are selling out their country to China again even though years ago China was trying to restore the Khmer Rouge genocidal regime. What a sad end for the Khmer Rouge's victims.
See, I told you. The 11-billion project is not making sense.
Read in a new news article, the mystery of the 11-B project and see for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of72
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••