Young Muslim musicians marry faith, hip-hop, rock a na roll

Jul 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Religion News Service

In the early 1970s, singers such as the late Larry Norman transformed Christian music from hymns to rock 'n' roll by asking one simple question: Now a group of young Muslim musicians is doing the same for Islamic songs known as "nasheeds," by combining hip-hop, country and pop music with the traditional message of their faith.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
KnightTempler

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Screw a bunch of stupid muslims. islam is a gutter religion that has no tolerance of others. Their belief is join them or die. Their music sucks and is very anoying. The only good muslim is six feet under. Dont tell me to be more accepting of them. They do not tolerate any other religion in mid east countries. Notice I did not capitalize muslim or islam as I have no respec and they deserve none.
Krypteia

Milton Keynes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

KnightTempler wrote:
Screw a bunch of stupid muslims. islam is a gutter religion that has no tolerance of others. Their belief is join them or die. Their music sucks and is very anoying. The only good muslim is six feet under. Dont tell me to be more accepting of them. They do not tolerate any other religion in mid east countries. Notice I did not capitalize muslim or islam as I have no respec and they deserve none.
Wouldn't worry too much they will be fatward for being westernised quicker than they can say I hate the west but where's my welfare payment..
Greater Khorasan Warrior

Hertford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

KnightTempler wrote:
We have great music and we don't suck, you yanks suck the most 90% of the worlds problems are because of you!
KnightTempler

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Yes you do you stupid raghead. And where are most of the world's problems coming from duh....the mid east. I still say islam is a gutter religion and mohamed was a camel and goat srewing murderer. I have spent enough time in the mid east to know arabs are the scum of the Earth.
rio

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

KnightTempler wrote:
where are most of the world's problems coming from duh....
I can easily answer that: The US of A !!

From the false pretextes to attack and invade soverign countries (remember the WMDs in Irak?), to the regime change programme (from Ukraine to Libya or Tunisia), US foreign policy is a huge mess. In between there is the drone assassination programme, the illegal detention and force feeding of hundred of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, or the covert support of Al Qaeda in Syria.

Who can also forget the systematic kidnapping of individuals and the rendition programme? The endorsement of torture, or the denial of human and legal rights, even against its own citizen?

And the world has just been made aware of a gigantic spying programme of worldwide communication interception, and the latest US attempt to kidnap a head of state in its effort to hunt a whistleblower in its rank!

And you have the gal to wonder where all the world's problems come from?
From the Evil Empire: the US of A !!! Duhhhhh
The Prophet

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Greater Khorasan Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
We have great music and we don't suck, you yanks suck the most 90% of the worlds problems are because of you!
My children why do you resist my faithful. Islam would solve so many problems for the USA. For example you waste so many resources worrying about queer marriage, with Islam there are no queers so problem solved. Divorce- not a problem. No need to waste money on courts, just denounce her and move on. We will outbreed you and you PCness will trap you into surrender, so why wait.
Really

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Greater Khorasan Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
The make your music all you need is a couple of cats and a red hot poker. Put the poker where the sun don't shine and Muslims are happy.
Screw the UK

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I can easily answer that: The US of A !!
From the false pretextes to attack and invade soverign countries (remember the WMDs in Irak?), to the regime change programme (from Ukraine to Libya or Tunisia), US foreign policy is a huge mess. In between there is the drone assassination programme, the illegal detention and force feeding of hundred of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, or the covert support of Al Qaeda in Syria.
Who can also forget the systematic kidnapping of individuals and the rendition programme? The endorsement of torture, or the denial of human and legal rights, even against its own citizen?
And the world has just been made aware of a gigantic spying programme of worldwide communication interception, and the latest US attempt to kidnap a head of state in its effort to hunt a whistleblower in its rank!
And you have the gal to wonder where all the world's problems come from?
From the Evil Empire: the US of A !!! Duhhhhh
If any of your comment was true, who do you think we learned it form? You idiots wiped out half the world to sell tea and cloth. Where's that empire now?
Irish2

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Wont last long and they will probably be in danger for doing that.
rio

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Screw the UK wrote:
<quoted text>If any of your comment was true, who do you think we learned it form? You idiots wiped out half the world to sell tea and cloth. Where's that empire now?
Tut, tut, tut ...

Don't look for excuse now.

Britain's footprint has never been as toxic as the US of A.
Beside we are still a democracy where the US of A are heading to become a fascist state.
Screw the UK

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Tut, tut, tut ...
Don't look for excuse now.
Britain's footprint has never been as toxic as the US of A.
Beside we are still a democracy where the US of A are heading to become a fascist state.
Perhaps that's because you are a little island that wouldn't make a pimple on the butt of the USA. We have no reason to look for an excuse for breaking away for a horrendous monarchy and growing into the greatest nation the world has ever seen- we deserve a bigger footprint since we are supporting the parasites that constitute most of the world. How about this the next time you need somebody to give your country back to you call the French.
To be quite blunt

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

I wish all extremist fundamentalists of all religions would just have a colossal battle with each other, killing as many of each other as possible and making the world a safer place for rational people.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Screw the UK wrote:
<quoted text>. How about this the next time you need somebody to give your country back to you call the French.
When was the last time Britain asked the USA for its country back?

When did we loose it?
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

To be quite blunt wrote:
I wish all extremist fundamentalists of all religions would just have a colossal battle with each other, killing as many of each other as possible and making the world a safer place for rational people.
I thought they were doing that in Afghanistan...
ronans halal meats

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time Britain asked the USA for its country back?
When did we loose it?
In the extremely unlikely event that we should ever require unwelcome islamic immigrants like youself to argue our case for us, we'll be sure to rattle your cage.

Until then... shut the fcuk up.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

ronans halal meats wrote:
<quoted text>In the extremely unlikely event that we should ever require unwelcome islamic immigrants like youself to argue our case for us, we'll be sure to rattle your cage.
Until then... shut the fcuk up.
Admit that you are loosing it big time...

This Islamophobia is getting to you now.
ronans halal meats

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Admit that you are loosing it big time...
This Islamophobia is getting to you now.
islamaphobia.... Is it a rational fear of exploding muslims or just a word created by the muslim brotherhood in an attempt to silence the truth about your death cult?
Doesn't really matter anymore now does it? The truth's out there.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

Winston Churchill
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Screw the UK wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps that's because you are a little island that wouldn't make a pimple on the butt of the USA. We have no reason to look for an excuse for breaking away for a horrendous monarchy and growing into the greatest nation the world has ever seen- we deserve a bigger footprint since we are supporting the parasites that constitute most of the world. How about this the next time you need somebody to give your country back to you call the French.
The French would be nice enough to give us our country back, wouldn't they?

After all, they gave you yours.
Screw the UK

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
The French would be nice enough to give us our country back, wouldn't they?
After all, they gave you yours.
Still bitter that a mere colony beat your ass like a drum. French helped, but we've given their country back a couple of times too, should be more than even.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Screw the UK wrote:
<quoted text>Still bitter that a mere colony beat your ass like a drum. French helped, but we've given their country back a couple of times too, should be more than even.
It wasn't one mere colony, it was 13. You really should learn some US history.

Of course the 13 colonies combined were worth considerably less than the single island of Jamaica, so I understand why you'd like to pretend it was just one colony.

You also seem to be uniformed about how those 13 colonies were ALL saved from the French because we saved your pitiful asses when a terrorist called George Washington started the 7 years war.

Did they teach you in school about how he started the first real world war by invading French territory and massacring some of their troops in a taliban style roadside ambush?
Nope?
I bet they taught you Parson Weems fairy tale about Washington and his Father's cherry tree though, right?

Good ole' US education.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••