Harper warns of unforeseen consequences if U.S. fails to avoid fiscal cliff

Nov 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lethbridge Herald

Prime Minister Stephen Harper says if President Barack Obama and U.S. lawmakers can't find a solution to the looming fiscal cliff it could spark other unforeseen economic woes.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Sam

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

yes lets follow the USA... and hold onto our balls... hoping the USA dosent fcuk up every 6 months... when they have to debate this again and again
abadapple

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

harper is a fu bonehead he needs to give his wank a shake watching him talk is like watching a pianist sleep w bush now he sleep with china and hes a fool for letting the yanks getting us on are knees with trade taxes duties on wood pricees of cars harper is a lemon
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Harper is awesome... im going to vote for him this year...

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

abadapple wrote:
harper is a fu bonehead he needs to give his wank a shake watching him talk is like watching a pianist sleep w bush now he sleep with china and hes a fool for letting the yanks getting us on are knees with trade taxes duties on wood pricees of cars harper is a lemon
Harper set up neither the FTA nor NAFTA so I fail to see how it's all his fault.
And here's a newsflash for you. There has always been trade between Canada and the US, there have always been duties on goods brought across the border and cars have ALWAYS been more expensive here than in the US. None of which has anything to do with Harper.

If anything, you should be pissed about the sub-par education that was foisted on you by the Liberals.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

please even the next Liberal Leader Trudeau

wants trade with China
abadapple

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Harper set up neither the FTA nor NAFTA so I fail to see how it's all his fault.
And here's a newsflash for you. There has always been trade between Canada and the US, there have always been duties on goods brought across the border and cars have ALWAYS been more expensive here than in the US. None of which has anything to do with Harper.
If anything, you should be pissed about the sub-par education that was foisted on you by the Liberals.
let me explain something to you the dollar has been par for awhile its the taxes of the federal govt that makes everthing more expensive they screwed us with the alaska border and many other things by the way i went to school when the cons where in ,nevertheless my education level is not subpar,just because im not writing perfect grammer.{IM JUST LAZY AND CANT SEE THE REASON WHY I SHOULD GIVE THE TIME ITS STILL READABLE} why did we fight in iraq and afgan war its harper we are a peaceful nation we should be dropping aid not bombs...china is selling us a lot of the crap you see at the dollar store poising our kids we should boycott theese products .a lot of fake goods come from china they are milking the canadian consummer what is harper doing bending over and taking it up the a ss....now the pipeline///i have 2685 characters left i need one tetra bite to rught everthing??????
abadapple

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

what next your going to say i cant write write lol right,give me a break..harper is a wanker same like bush and blair..think for today not tommorrow you did know the taxpayer is on the hook if the pipeline fails with the treaty with china harper is a bonehead.my glasses are in for repair and i cant see to well so stop assuming.zoda sounds like a actor on star wars go back to space you seem to be lost . freedom of speach just because you dont share my opion dosnt mean your right

“Seriously guys...”

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

abadapple wrote:
<quoted text>let me explain something to you the dollar has been par for awhile its the taxes of the federal govt that makes everthing more expensive they screwed us with the alaska border and many other things by the way i went to school when the cons where in ,nevertheless my education level is not subpar,just because im not writing perfect grammer.{IM JUST LAZY AND CANT SEE THE REASON WHY I SHOULD GIVE THE TIME ITS STILL READABLE} why did we fight in iraq and afgan war its harper we are a peaceful nation we should be dropping aid not bombs
This is why I said your education is sub-par. Just a couple little factoids here. Canada did not go to Iraq, and the troops that were committed to A-stan were committed by the previous LIBERAL gov't.
We also went there because Canadians were killed on 9/11. In fact, while the WTC may have been on US soil, the terrorists couldn't have targeted a more international target in the US...outside of the UN of course.

And let me explain something to YOU. The taxes are higher here because we have a higher standard of living than the US. We also have a lot of universal programs that need to be paid for, with our public health system being a big part of it, and of course we also have to pay for things like official bilingualism and multiculturalism, all to keep the lefties happy. You think funding for those comes out of thin air?

WAYYYY back in the early 70s, the US dollar was worth 10 cents less than the Canadian dollar. Stuff was STILL more expensive here and that was in the days of Trudeau. Keep in mind that the US also had about 10X the industrial capacity as Canada so they could take better advantage of mass production.

I understand your anger and frustration. It pisses me off that for YEARS I could and still can buy Canadian made goods in the US for cheaper than I can buy them here where they are made. It pisses me off that Canada has further deepened its economic ties to the PRC. But again, I don't fault Harper. Obama forced his hand after the Keystone XL crap. And the Eurotrash have a burr up their asses about Canadian oil. Then again they seem have a lot of burrs up their asses when it comes to Canada so I don't really see a further deepening of economic ties with the EU. So, with the US economy flagging as badly as it is, with $1.5 Billion in trade already crossing the border each and every day, and the EU being in about as much trouble as the US, on top of being dicks, the only place with a sizable population is China...or India. But India isn't at the same level economically as China yet.

Again, I do understand how you feel, but you're directing your anger at the wrong person. It would be like blaming Obama for the 20 year economic plummet the US has been suffering.

To be sure, there are enough things to be pissed at Harper about without attributing things to him that he had absolutely nothing to do with, but you're blaming Harper for stuff that happened long before he took over as PM, or that he had/has no control over, like globalization and the global economy. On top of the fact he's only had a majority gov't for about a year and a half. It's not like he can institute favourable changes to previous legislation overnight.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

yes we can cry biatch and moan,,,

and yes chances are the Chinese will eat up Canada if we allow Chinese investment...

but the simple fact is we can go down with a country that has no problems borrowing 1 trillion a year, 61% of that from itself

or latch onto a country whose domestic revenues were 1.6 trillion last year...

“Seriously guys...”

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
yes we can cry biatch and moan,,,
and yes chances are the Chinese will eat up Canada if we allow Chinese investment...
but the simple fact is we can go down with a country that has no problems borrowing 1 trillion a year, 61% of that from itself
or latch onto a country whose domestic revenues were 1.6 trillion last year...
It's all relative anyway. The life cycle of empires and economic powers gets shorter every time it changes hands.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all relative anyway. The life cycle of empires and economic powers gets shorter every time it changes hands.
true a every empire rises and falls...

China has had the luxury of rising and falling a few times in its history

only difference is the way the USA is piling on the debt aside from huge asset sales...like public land to put its debts into order

America is not going to see a rise again... anytime soon..
well

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Middle East should send an envoy to US to help democrats and republicans make peace.
abadapple

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

politics will be politics pledgse made and pledges lost..in every circumstance you will have a whiner or a winner but one thing for sure the govts on both sides are just filling there own pockets.looks like the crooks just get richer im not stating that harper is a crook hes allright except for the treaty with the china and some other issues me just wants china india to be a higher trading partner incase the states tumbles more i can see this as good but the treaty with the oil sands is really bad china has only sued 3 times with non compliance so that is slim but you never know
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

China will probably eat us up...

and it is my son who has to compete against the children of these immigrants...

knowing full well weather rich or poor they will do well in school...

but we have no choice... the USA and their people are delusional if they think they can keep borrowing to prop up their lifestyle...

and we would be stupid to hitch our sails along with the USA...

I am however making sure my son stays ahead of his classmates...even though with his IQ level right now he should be easily be a PHD graduate student...

while retarded Canadian posters on here, hide their head in the sand... hoping that were going to stop Chinese immigration...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••