Canadian pig farmer found guilty of murders

Dec 9, 2007 Full story: www.msnbc.msn.com 233
A pig farmer accused of being Canada’s worst serial killer was found guilty Sunday of six counts of second-degree murder, which carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

“Truth and Justice”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa

#1 Dec 9, 2007
This may make another Hannibal movie.

“Yeah, it's me.”

Since: Nov 07

Calgary, Canada

#2 Dec 9, 2007
Makes me wish that Canada had the death penalty.

But I think it would be more "fair" to just leave him in a room with the women's mothers for 20 minutes.
Brenda

AOL

#3 Dec 9, 2007
I thought I heard about this case years ago? If so, that means he was probably in prison all this time awaiting trial and, if eligible for parole in 10 years, could be out in just a couple of years considering time already served.

Terrifying.
He wont last long

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Dec 9, 2007
Sociopath serial murderer Jeffrey Dahmer (sp) did not last long in prison. This guy will get taken out in a short period of time my other inmates. Karma and justice will eventually be served and repaid to this evil dark soul.

Since: May 07

Norridgewock, ME

#7 Dec 9, 2007
This is beyond sick. The descriptions of what he did turned my stomach.
Why could he do this for so long? Because the women were prostitutes and no one cared?
He wanted to kill 50 women "take a break" and kill another 25. And then what?
Just soul shaking. I hope he gets all he deserves.

“Yeah, it's me.”

Since: Nov 07

Calgary, Canada

#8 Dec 9, 2007
Brenda wrote:
I thought I heard about this case years ago? If so, that means he was probably in prison all this time awaiting trial and, if eligible for parole in 10 years, could be out in just a couple of years considering time already served.
Terrifying.
They started investigating 6 years ago. Each conviction carries a life sentence, and there is a debate about allowing him the right to be eligible for parole in 10 years.

Since these cases were only a fraction of the ones he will be tried on,(there are, I believe, 20 total) we can hope that the right to parole will be revoked totally if (when!) he is convicted of the others as well.
streetwalker

Dallas, TX

#9 Dec 9, 2007
Cut them up in his slaughter house. This should result in Canada requiring registration of all meat cleavers, knives, and meat axes.

“Continually Updated from Net”

Since: Jan 07

A PBS place in an MTV world

#10 Dec 10, 2007
Rumours of $100 Million spent on the Willy Picton murder case so far & not a cent spent on the women

Posted by Canada 47 min ago | via www.topix.com This link will take you off Topix

Night Train said in the Canada Forum:

Unfortunately at this end of the Country, the information we've received on the evidence in this trial has been pretty much non-existant.

From what we gleaned in the media, it looked like a slam dunk no brainer for conviction of 1st degree murder on all counts.

Now that the verdict is in on second degree murder, it leaves a lot of questions unanswered until more information surfaces.

If Robert Pickton were the sole perpetrator of these crimes, would he not have exercised premeditation and deliberation in the commission of them ?
more...
http://www.topix.com/world/canada/2007/12/rum...

“Continually Updated from Net”

Since: Jan 07

A PBS place in an MTV world

#11 Dec 10, 2007
Very well thought out posting above , Night train.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/canada/T89A4...

I just heard a CBC interviewer ask Wally Opal if it wasn't true that the cost is upwards of one hundred and seventy million (with not a cent spent on the women).

His comment was that the public will see the final bill so lets not speculate.

I've been to a couple of those sad affairs called marches for the murdered and missing women.

The Traffic cops sit on their Harleys making overtime in their dark shades keeping an eye on the proceedings.

It struck me that if this policing expense and effort had been applied at the beginning rather than denying that the problem even existed quite a few woman might still be alive.

And certainly if one hundred and seventy million had been applied directly to issues in the downtown east side, many more people would have benefited.

I don't understand why everybody keeps saying justice was served.

Nobody got any safer,

no one ever was helped to a better life and

the accomplices are still out there.

Yes we are exactly that stupid that we deserve

this kind of performance for our money.

klaus kaczor
Vancouver, Canada
Alexis

United States

#12 Dec 10, 2007
GLOBAL WARMING has a cooling effect on pigs, which in turn is reversed and transformed into an extreme warming effect into the brain cells of the pigs' owner.

The man is innocent. SUV owners, middle class Americans are guilty of these horrendous crimes.
Just ask Algore.
zonie

Chino Valley, AZ

#14 Dec 10, 2007
Alexis wrote:
GLOBAL WARMING has a cooling effect on pigs, which in turn is reversed and transformed into an extreme warming effect into the brain cells of the pigs' owner.
The man is innocent. SUV owners, middle class Americans are guilty of these horrendous crimes.
Just ask Algore.
wow! you are a genius compared to...nevermind.

STFU!!

...and this pig farmer should get the death penalty for all the murders.

what a wimpy justice system.

rcmp needs to do a better job.
reply to Alexis

Toronto, Canada

#15 Dec 10, 2007
so you're saying Picton's Defense should have been Mad Cow disease caught by Slaughtering Pigs then eh ?
Metal

Worcester, MA

#16 Dec 10, 2007
hmm... serial killers nothing new
Guess who

Las Vegas, NV

#17 Dec 10, 2007
Did you hear of the new Anthrax scare? They sent Anthrax over the news. LOL
Guess who

Las Vegas, NV

#18 Dec 10, 2007
Is that Thor?
Just Plain Bill

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Dec 10, 2007
He wont last long wrote:
Sociopath serial murderer Jeffrey Dahmer (sp) did not last long in prison. This guy will get taken out in a short period of time my other inmates. Karma and justice will eventually be served and repaid to this evil dark soul.
You got it, cousin!

Prison inmates have their own code. This guy might just happen to fall down into some heavy machinery. Or "apparently take his own life," as a news report would say.
Mafukma the African

Mahwah, NJ

#22 Dec 10, 2007
i already saw the movie hey,what a hoser

“...a river of conscience ...”

Since: Oct 07

Scotland

#23 Dec 10, 2007
Just Plain Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it, cousin!
Prison inmates have their own code. This guy might just happen to fall down into some heavy machinery. Or "apparently take his own life," as a news report would say.
Exactly, one of the universal laws is that of Karma. Neither God nor man can break it, it applies to all and this bag of puke will get his comeuppance in the most horrific way. And no-one will be looking in his direction when it happens.
Just Plain Bill

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Dec 10, 2007
HealingTime wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, one of the universal laws is that of Karma. Neither God nor man can break it, it applies to all and this bag of puke will get his comeuppance in the most horrific way. And no-one will be looking in his direction when it happens.
Right on, brother from Scotland!

"Gee, don't don't know. I was doing my job. And the new guy was kind of a loner. Couldn't get along with anybody here."

:)
BOMB ISLAM

Anchorage, AK

#25 Dec 10, 2007
Will Canada institute pig control ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 min chazmo 392,991
Retirees starve in rebel-held eastern Ukraine 5 min Pro-Ukraine 4
Russia offers sympathy to North Korea over Sony... 8 min Pro-Ukraine 6
Russia's top 20 lies about Ukraine (Jun '14) 13 min Pro-Ukraine 3,221
Belfast leaders strike deal to save power-sharing 15 min DSSC 4
Gagik Aghajanyan:Interests of Armenia and Turke... 18 min Lynx 17
Dissidents play down SF talks plan (Aug '10) 22 min DSSC 16
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr STEFANO COLONNA 71,256
More from around the web