Border Patrol agent shot, killed on patrol in Ariz was Provo native

Oct 2, 2012 Full story: KSL-TV 70

A Border Patrol agent was shot to death Tuesday in Arizona near the U.S.-Mexico line, the first fatal shooting of an agent since a deadly 2010 firefight with Mexican bandits that spawned congressional probes of a botched government gun-smuggling investigation.

Full Story
You didnt build that

Santa Rosa, CA

#47 Oct 3, 2012
Occupy this wrote:
<quoted text>
Somewhere deep within the bowls of the state department, they are frantically digging for an anti hispanic immigrant video.
Don't give them any ideas!

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#48 Oct 3, 2012
excuse me wrote:
davidh64 is right, about wide receiver. point taken. doesnt mean im a liberal, nor a brain dead lemming.
i am an american though. and i dont like all this unpatriotic talk about the president. border patrol agents have a dangerous job. they carry guns for a reason. they confront and intercept and tangle with some very dangerous people. its terrible that one would be killed in the line of duty, but face it, its a war zone down here.
obama is definately not perfect at protecting the border, nor was his predecessor. and yes he let guns go over the border too (wide reciever). the program was shut down before obama took ofice (or so i read this morning) because bushs people realized it was a mistake. but bush was a white republican and he got a lot more slack.
border patrol agent killed while theres a black AG and a black president and people go ape about it, saying hes taking the side of the mexican cartels and illegal aliens. give me a break. have some patriotism, people.
ill write in ron paul if thats what it takes, im not voting for obama, but you know what, the majority of the country did vote for him and that makes him the president, of the whole country, even those who tell themselves hes not their president.
if we dont have a little faith in the institutions of our american democracy, then we are in real trouble as a nation. there are those foreign and domestic that would like to see us down and out, and all this casual labeling of the president as a traitor, or some shaka zulu manchurian candidate is just feeding into all that. hes president. he was elected fair and square. the country has not exploded. we are all still here. maybe we should try to be on the same team for once instead of stroking our guns and dreaming of civil war.
BTW, good job with the race card. You're an Obama supporter alright. No question about it.

Bush got no slack for "Wide Receiver". He was vilified.

Obama? Listen closely, you'll hear the pin drop in the news rooms.
Where are the hearings? Where are the charges? Where are the indictments? Why is Holder not behind bars? Let alone still has a job?
Proud liberal

Los Angeles, CA

#49 Oct 3, 2012
BENGHAZI GATE wrote:
The US Libyan embassy had already been BOMBED TWICE! and threats posted on FACEBOOK!
From the Daily Beast
Jihadists twice set off explosives at the consulate prior to the incident that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens, and announced threats on Facebook about escalating attacks on Western targets in the run-up to the 9/11 anniversary, according to whistleblowers reaching out to House Republicans.
In the five months leading up to this yearís 9/11 anniversary, there were two bombings on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and increasing threats to and attacks on the Libyan nationals hired to provide security at the U.S. missions in Tripoli and Benghazi.
Details on these alleged incidents stem in part from the testimony of a handful of whistleblowers who approached the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform in the days and weeks following the attack on the Benghazi consulate.
The new information disclosed in the letter obtained by The Daily Beast strongly suggests the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and the late Ambassador Chris Stevens were known by U.S. security personnel to be targets for terrorists. Indeed, the terrorists made their threats openly on Facebook.
BARACK WILL BE REMOVED FROM OFFICE FOR TREASONOUS ACTIVITIES IN F&F and now reckless studied negligence for the 911 consulate attack!
Stevens should have provided his own security. It is and remains vital for Obama to extend the hand of trust to the Islamic terrorists of the middle east. Obamas middle east policy is working.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#50 Oct 3, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% right. Fast and Furious was on the watch of Obama. But if holder did not know about it, how did Obama to be honest. Is it a cover up clear to the top? I am not an Obama supporter but I do not believe Obama had anything to do with it. It is hard to know every little thing that goes on even in your own business among employees, let alone big government I would thing. It is getting bigger all the time. Companies are trimming down to make ends meet. Maybe the government needs to do the same.
Obama had everything to do with it. So did Holder.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#51 Oct 3, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% right. Fast and Furious was on the watch of Obama. But if holder did not know about it, how did Obama to be honest. Is it a cover up clear to the top? I am not an Obama supporter but I do not believe Obama had anything to do with it. It is hard to know every little thing that goes on even in your own business among employees, let alone big government I would thing. It is getting bigger all the time. Companies are trimming down to make ends meet. Maybe the government needs to do the same.
Eric Holder had to know, if not he's an incompetent fool.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#53 Oct 3, 2012
"But get a grip"

OH WE DO HAVE A GRIP: WE DON'T HAVE DRUG DEALERS IN PRISON BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL CONDEMNED TO DEATH; LEARN ABOUT CHINA FREEDOM; NO TOLERANCE FOR ILLEGAL DRUGS, WHICH BASICALLY ELIMINATES THE ILLEGAL DRUG PROBLEM; AMERICA AND MEXICO SHOULD TRY THAT, STRICT STATE INTOLERANCE TO DRUG TRAFFICING AND DEATH PENALTIES FOR BREAKING THIS LAW.

INDONESIA, MORE INTOLERANT THAN IN CHINA, AND SINGAPORE, THE SAME; THEY'LL HANG DRUG TRAFFICERS

DENG wrote:

Border Patrol agent shot, killed on patrol in Ariz was Provo native

AND THE UNITED STATES PEOPLE NAIVELY BELIEVE THERE IS NOT A UNITED STATES ILLEGAL DRUG MAFIA CARTEL COMPRISED OF THE WEALTHEST BUSINESS PEOPLE AND THE TOP POLITICIANS THERE POURING HUGE AMOUNTS OF DRUGS INTO THE UNITED STATES USING VARIOUS METHODS TO MAKE OUTRAGEOUS PROFITS AND AT THE SAME TIME TO CORRUPT THE LIFESTYLE THERE.
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
There are probably some. But get a grip. You live in communist China. People disappearing. No freedom of speech. The government dictates your lives. The whole system in China is ruled by the mafia. The government is the mafia. They even tell you how many children you can have. Maybe a good thing as you cannot control your growth on your own and are the leaders at gobbling up the seas and the planet. You are their puppets. Besides this is about a border patrol agent that was killed in the line of duty. You are a very strange person indeed. Also try writing without capitals letters. Very hard to read.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#54 Oct 3, 2012
little thing

THE KEY TO FIGHTING ILLEGAL DRUGS IS SOCIAL REFORM, DON'T USE OR BUY ILLEGAL DRUGS, DEATH SENTENCES FOR DEALERS AND LONG JAIL TERMS FOR USERS; JAIL THE DRUG CARTEL IN THE UNITED STATES STARTING WITH THE POLITICIANS THERE AND THE BANKERS LIKE THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANKS OFFICIALS WHO LAUNDER HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS A YEAR; THAT WILL DO IT.
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr of secrecy

Turku, Finland

#55 Oct 4, 2012
Dr of secrecy blogger reports on reported news;

The event was as the following

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#56 Oct 4, 2012
Proud liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Stevens should have provided his own security. It is and remains vital for Obama to extend the hand of trust to the Islamic terrorists of the middle east. Obamas middle east policy is working.
You're insane, ignorant as a houseplant, or hate America. So which is it Comrade?
Code Red Empty

Anonymous Proxy

#57 Oct 4, 2012
Proud liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
You Obots are getting progressively more ludicrous with your excuses for Barack's failures as the campaign gets closer to election day.

Extending hand of trust is possible only when it is evident. Threats were increasing over 6 months with 3 bomb attacks already. How does Stevens provide his own military guards?

Other excuses heard lately for Barack:

Al Gore - Denver altitude is too high for Barack he was suffering from lack of oxygen to his brain.

Toure, a reporter's - Barack couldn't debate because he was hindered being black.

Excuses, excuses, excuses for 4 years. None of you own up that he was on the View promoting himself as "eyecandy" for the ladies, playing golf, not working, giving crony money, cutting jobs, causing foreign dependence on oil, yucking it up with Lettermen. That is not governing, nor working. He was negligent on Obamacare, jobs and American suffering. Giving out free phones is not a presidential task. That's the task of a lowly trinket salesmen.
trollable rubes

Saint Louis, MO

#58 Oct 4, 2012
proud liberal was pretty obviously being sarcastic.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#59 Oct 5, 2012
One of the tragic costs from Obama leading from behind.
Anonymous

Whittier, CA

#60 Oct 5, 2012
see the light wrote:
Of course Obama will take the side of the dirty Illegal aliens that killed him.
LOL!! Dirty? Gotta love the ignorance.

Hey, Dumbass, he was killed by one of his own.
Concerned

Mexico

#61 Oct 5, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Both Bush and Obama were aware of the respective operations. I've already posted the relevant highlights comparing the two.
I appreciate all your research on this. I just do not like to accuse anyone of doing something if there is nothing it is based on. You are making a believer out of me.

Great posts. I always like facts and information to absorb and digest!
ScramGravy

Tucson, AZ

#62 Oct 6, 2012
see the light wrote:
Of course Obama will take the side of the dirty Illegal aliens that killed him.
I believe an apology is in order, but I know you won't issue one. Republicans never do.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#63 Oct 6, 2012
ScramGravy wrote:
<quoted text>I believe an apology is in order, but I know you won't issue one. Republicans never do.
Why do I need to apologize and to WHO?
ScramGravy

Tucson, AZ

#64 Oct 6, 2012
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Why do I need to apologize and to WHO?
Um... it wasn't a "dirty illegal alien" who killed Border Patrol Agent Ivie, it was his own co-worker, another Border Patrol Agent. Do you think President Obama will side with the dirty American Border Patrol Agent who killed Ivie? You SHOULD apologize to President Obama, whoever you deem a "dirty illegal alien" and to all of humanity for your racist and ignorant post that was made BEFORE the facts were even in. I know you won't apologize though, your not human enough.
Concerned

Mexico

#65 Oct 6, 2012
ScramGravy wrote:
<quoted text>I believe an apology is in order, but I know you won't issue one. Republicans never do.
I think maybe the two Mexicans that were caught on the Mexican side and probably beat to a pulp, or had their families threatened to be executed are owed an apology. All to get a confession before they died at the hands of the police. This goes on a lot in Mexico. Torture, torture, torture!!!

At least on the American side they will come forward with the facts most of the time. They do not feel like they are eating crow. They want to get to the bottom of it as much as anyone. But it did look like it was probably Mexican criminals that did it. Who would have thought it would have been friendly fire.

No apologies needed in my eyes!!
Concerned

Mexico

#66 Oct 6, 2012
If they were illegal aliens that had killed him as was reported. Then dirty would not have been strong enough in my eyes. Just an error, and these things (freindly fire)happen in all wars. On this side of the border (Mexico< the police are literally killing other police because they are affiliated with other gangs. I guess that would be construed as unfriendly fire.

Just look at the Federal agents that were killed at the Mexico airport by other federal agents. They were protecting their shipment of drugs so they killed other police.
ScramGravy

Tucson, AZ

#67 Oct 6, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I think maybe the two Mexicans that were caught on the Mexican side and probably beat to a pulp, or had their families threatened to be executed are owed an apology. All to get a confession before they died at the hands of the police. This goes on a lot in Mexico. Torture, torture, torture!!!
At least on the American side they will come forward with the facts most of the time. They do not feel like they are eating crow. They want to get to the bottom of it as much as anyone. But it did look like it was probably Mexican criminals that did it. Who would have thought it would have been friendly fire.
No apologies needed in my eyes!!
"But it did look like it was probably Mexican criminals that did it." How exactly did it "look" like that? "Who would have thought it would have been friendly fire."? That was the first thing I said! And I'll bet it was a Border Agent that tripped the alarm to begin with. "No apologies needed in my eyes!!" So I guess calling Hispanic Human Beings "dirty illegal aliens" is OK in your eyes. Well, to each his own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-wife charged in Ontario fraud case 3 min Cash grab 1
Croat, Serb organisations urge reconciliation (Jan '14) 4 min Kravatino 11,691
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 7 min Causeless Rebellion 403,356
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 7 min RPD 53,671
Enraged driver threw a steel block through wind... (Jul '14) 8 min Cash grab 4
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 9 min Dana Robertson 28,209
NATO sends rapid-reaction forces to Russia's ne... 17 min tarmo 270
More from around the web