Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
4,001 - 4,020 of 32,342 Comments Last updated 32 min ago

“Bring Back Bush!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Judged:

Darwinian wrote:
<quoted text>
2010 was both the hottest and wettest year on record:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/13/science/ear...
Typical lieberal lies from the New York Liberal times.
Rocky

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Judged:

The sun has entered a grand minmum. There are very few sunspots. 49 out of 50 states have snow on the ground. Record cold everywhere.

You would have to be insane to fall for the gloBULL warming lie. The ice in Greenland is getting thicker. The glaciers are growing at record speed. The number of polar bears is increasing. We have entered a mini ice age.

You would have to be insane to fall for gloBULL warming.

Types of people who FALL for GloBULL waring :

Listed Below :

a. Fat chicks who watch TV an eat all day.

b. Fat beer drinking rednecks who suffer from alcoholism.

b. Skinny green eco nazi's, who are totally brainwashed from propaganda.

This is why the Goracle is in hiding.
litesong

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Judged:

Rocky wrote:
The sun has entered a grand minmum.
Fall in line behind the other exxon-paid religionists from the Puget Sound area. Washington state has the paper work showing the exxon-religion connection.
How can I tell you're part of the group? You're so stupid, you blundered ahead before getting the full exxon denier boardroom PR denier science treatment on how to proceed. A couple of your denier brethren already turned lose their stupidity about 2 weeks ago.

“REUNITE GONDWANALAND!”

Since: Jun 08

Woodbury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Judged:

LETS GO WILD wrote:
<quoted text>obama restricts our domestic oil so we are dependent on the Saudi's. Obama has devalued the dollar so energy and food costs inflate a recipe to greatly harm the poor and middle class who can least afford these costs.
Actually, it was the Fed that devalued the dollar, not President Obama, a technique called quantitative easing, which was done to stimulate the economy - weakening the dollar vis a vis other currencies results in increasing exports of goods made in the United States, which encourages domestic manufacturing and job growth:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8ada2ad4-f3b9-11dd-...

“REUNITE GONDWANALAND!”

Woodbury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Judged:

Rabidal wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical lieberal lies from the New York Liberal times.
NASA and the NOAA are New York liberals?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Judged:

Darwinian wrote:
Actually, it was the Fed that devalued the dollar, not President Obama, a technique called quantitative easing, which was done to stimulate the economy - weakening the dollar vis a vis other currencies results in increasing exports of goods made in the United States, which encourages domestic manufacturing and job growth
Our governments used to try strengthening our currency, to avoid inflation so people wouldn't be impoverished. If you want to encourage domestic manufacturer and job growth, lower the tax and regulatory burdens.

“REUNITE GONDWANALAND!”

Woodbury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Our governments used to try strengthening our currency, to avoid inflation so people wouldn't be impoverished. If you want to encourage domestic manufacturer and job growth, lower the tax and regulatory burdens.
Inflation is not a problem right now; in fact, a little inflation would be a good thing in that it would ease some of the debt burden. As for lowering taxes and decreasing regulation, that has been tried for a long time, with no positive effect on job growth. Remember the Bush tax cuts of 2001, rammed through Congress with Cheney casting the tie breaking vote? What followed that was the weakest job growth in recent history - and you cannot blame that long term anemic trend on 9/11, which had only a temporary impact:
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/business/St...

“Freedom and responsibility”

Since: Dec 10

St. Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Darwinian wrote:
<quoted text>
Inflation is not a problem right now; in fact, a little inflation would be a good thing in that it would ease some of the debt burden. As for lowering taxes and decreasing regulation, that has been tried for a long time, with no positive effect on job growth. Remember the Bush tax cuts of 2001, rammed through Congress with Cheney casting the tie breaking vote? What followed that was the weakest job growth in recent history - and you cannot blame that long term anemic trend on 9/11, which had only a temporary impact:
Any benefit of inflation to debtors is merely taken from creditors. Just another area where you see the freebie side with no idea whatsoever where it comes from.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Path of Reason wrote:
Any benefit of inflation to debtors is merely taken from creditors. Just another area where you see the freebie side with no idea whatsoever where it comes from.
Like everything else, inflation hurts the poor and those living on fixed income the most. If you have a job, you can either ride rising salaries with inflation, working to bring your company more value. Inflation is bad.

St. Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Like everything else, inflation hurts the poor and those living on fixed income the most. If you have a job, you can either ride rising salaries with inflation, working to bring your company more value. Inflation is bad.
Yes, I didn't mean to limit the implications; debtors win and a lot of people lose. Inflation, in a way, is the ultimate in gutless taxation. But liberals like Darwin truly do think government creates benefits out of thin air, just like her "point" about inflation.

But back to "warming". I'd like one of the moonbats do answer a few what should be easy questions: 1) Assuming we're moving temperature, how'd you decide that we're moving AWAY from optimal climate and not TOWARD it? 2) If we're willing to be coercive regarding carbon, how come we won't do that with population growth or installing better governance? 3) How will carbon limits make a p_iss in a pan bit of difference if we add 3 billion more people knowing what that means for OTHER environmental issues like water? Of course, they have no answer. They've completely taken the bait on warming.
Constitution

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Darwinian wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's have inflation so the creators of the debt problem(politicians and bureaucrats) can pass the buck to the taxpayers, giving us rising prices and a less effective currency. Well done.

Your beloved inflationary system has devalued the dollar nearly 100% since the Federal Reserve Bank, aka The Inflation Factory, was created in 1913. Quite an effective and efficient way of running an economy.

Keep leading cheers for economic destruction though, as your entertainment value is approaching an all-time high.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Path of Reason wrote:
... a few what should be easy questions: 1) Assuming we're moving temperature, how'd you decide that we're moving AWAY from optimal climate and not TOWARD it? 2) If we're willing to be coercive regarding carbon, how come we won't do that with population growth or installing better governance? 3) How will carbon limits make a p_iss in a pan bit of difference if we add 3 billion more people knowing what that means for OTHER environmental issues like water? Of course, they have no answer. They've completely taken the bait on warming.
Compelling questions, we used to use experimental tests to find data, all they have are computer models. Global warming is hoax, shock headline science. Piltdown Man was the missing link. They've gone too far and their leaders have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar, no wonder they scream.

I'm a fan of global warming, I actually like it. I've always enjoyed climate change from travel, but now I realize I can sit on my comfortable chair in front of my monitor, and wait for climate change to come for me. When the last ice sheet and glacier melts, we are going to have a really big party.

I hope you all can come!

St. Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Compelling questions, we used to use experimental tests to find data, all they have are computer models. Global warming is hoax, shock headline science. Piltdown Man was the missing link. They've gone too far and their leaders have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar, no wonder they scream.
I'm a fan of global warming, I actually like it. I've always enjoyed climate change from travel, but now I realize I can sit on my comfortable chair in front of my monitor, and wait for climate change to come for me. When the last ice sheet and glacier melts, we are going to have a really big party.
I hope you all can come!
I'd like see them walk into a small settlement in Africa and tell some villager how electricity is going to ruin his life. LOL. Let's see, using electricity allows me to cope with huge variations in environment and makes my life immeasurably better. But it's bad because it might warm the planet and warming might be bad. Yeah, good luck with that one.

The real problems for humanity are population growth, bad governance (meaning that liberals should believe in spreading capitalism and democracy), and under-development.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

They've told us flesh eating bacteria are caused by global warming.. what's next? Afraid to ask.. sorry, but..

Here's the latest.

Climate Craziness of the Week: Eat bugs, not meat, to “save the planet.”

From Mongabay: Scientists in the Netherlands have discovered that insects produce significantly less greenhouse gas per kilogram of meat than cattle or pigs. Their study, published in the online journal PLoS, suggests that a move towards insect farming could result in a more sustainable — and affordable — form of meat production.

Here’s the fixins:

Five insect species were studied: fifth larval stage mealworms Tenebrio molitor L.(Coleoptera: Tenebrionidae), fifth and sixth nymphal stage house crickets Acheta domesticus (L.)(Orthoptera: Gryllidae), third and fourth stage nymphs of migratory locusts Locusta migratoria (L.)(Orthoptera: Acrididae), third larval stage sun beetles Pachnoda marginata Drury (Coleoptera; Scarabaeidae) and a mix of all stages of the Argentinean cockroach Blaptica dubia (Serville)(Dictyoptera: Blaberidae). Currently, T. molitor, A. domesticus and L. migratoria are considered edible, while P. marginata and B. dubia are not. The latter two species were included since they are a potential source of animal protein, for instance by means of protein extraction. These two species can be bred in large numbers with little time investment and are able to utilise a wide range of substrates as feed.

Here’s the paper:

Oonincx DGAB, van Itterbeeck J, Heetkamp MJW, van den Brand H, van Loon JJA, et al.(2010) An Exploration on Greenhouse Gas and Ammonia Production by Insect Species Suitable for Animal or Human Consumption. PLoS ONE 5(12): e14445. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.00144 45

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Addition..

Of course, if this becomes widely acceptable, I’ll gladly send Al Gore a box of hornets and some ketchup. It’s the least I can do.
Theatre Arts Major

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Trashcan helmet poster is straight up crazy.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

kal wrote:
<quoted text>do you honestly think 'obama' would hurt his kenyan brothers, I do not think so. this antichrist wants more than that.what is the word on his birth, where did he come from? why are we side tracked on this stupid issue, when a larger one looms on the horizon?
Yeah, he would hurt his Kenyan brothers. He only cares about his own self. Yes, larger issues DO loom! Wake up!
Bruin

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Klaatu barada nikto wrote:
They've told us flesh eating bacteria are caused by global warming.. what's next? Afraid to ask.. sorry, but..
Here's the latest.
Climate Craziness of the Week: Eat bugs, not meat, to “save the planet.”
From Mongabay: Scientists in the Netherlands have discovered that insects produce significantly less greenhouse gas per kilogram of meat than cattle or pigs. Their study, published in the online journal PLoS, suggests that a move towards insect farming could result in a more sustainable — and affordable — form of meat production.
Here’s the fixins:
Five insect species were studied: fifth larval stage mealworms Tenebrio molitor L.(Coleoptera: Tenebrionidae), fifth and sixth nymphal stage house crickets Acheta domesticus (L.)(Orthoptera: Gryllidae), third and fourth stage nymphs of migratory locusts Locusta migratoria (L.)(Orthoptera: Acrididae), third larval stage sun beetles Pachnoda marginata Drury (Coleoptera; Scarabaeidae) and a mix of all stages of the Argentinean cockroach Blaptica dubia (Serville)(Dictyoptera: Blaberidae). Currently, T. molitor, A. domesticus and L. migratoria are considered edible, while P. marginata and B. dubia are not. The latter two species were included since they are a potential source of animal protein, for instance by means of protein extraction. These two species can be bred in large numbers with little time investment and are able to utilise a wide range of substrates as feed.
Here’s the paper:
Oonincx DGAB, van Itterbeeck J, Heetkamp MJW, van den Brand H, van Loon JJA, et al.(2010) An Exploration on Greenhouse Gas and Ammonia Production by Insect Species Suitable for Animal or Human Consumption. PLoS ONE 5(12): e14445. doi:10.1371/journal.****.00144 45
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1... .****.0014445
Will this mean that the Chinese will now allow more than one child to a family? Yum yum, New England cockroach chowder.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

TV weathercaster re-education proposed by NSF and GMU.

This is really something. The job opening listed below advertises for an NSF funded program at George Mason University for education of TV weather-casters on how “unusual weather events” are connected to “climate change”. Apparently the “weather is not climate” maxim has been thrown out the window in a desperate attempt to salvage sinking public opinion on the issue.

“This project will focus on establishing a national network of on-air broadcast meteorologists, climate scientists, university research programs, and key climate and weather science organizations, to engage, train, and empower local broadcast meteorologists to educate and inform the American public about climate.”

Yeah.. Like I said what's next.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/01/15/tv-weat...

To educate? I think they meant.. to assimilate
I AM DIGITAP

Folsom, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>I believe there is, but it's mostly good.<quoted text>Very true, they're all human and in the same boat.<quoted text>That's a good analogy!<quoted text>Not quite, Brits invented divide and conquer and in that case they got their enemies to kill each other, thereby saving themselves ammunition and their own soldier's lives.
Hopefully, it won't come to that over climate change.
FEBRUARY 2010 B.B.C. INTERVIEW: do you agree the world has not warmed since 1995?

Answer

Y E S

Phil Jones upon coming out of 'hiding' after having his entire 'rising temperatures masquerade shorn of it's secrecy: the fact they KNOW,

the fact they TELL YOU and you still claim to believe the world's warming.

That's what makes you a janitor in a science forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••