Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
3,961 - 3,980 of 32,007 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

Turk wrote:
IF Global Warming is undeniable WHY did the experts change the name from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change" once the earth started cooling?
Two problems with your question: they didn't, it isn't.

http://climatecrocks.com/2010/12/22/orwellian...

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

albedodown wrote:
Earthling-1 wrote:
At an average of 1 kilo (2.3 pounds) per day per person, that's almost 7 billion kilos each day.
How can that be mitigated, apart from population reduction?
//////////
'dont snow me (baby smoking snow)' wrote:
Yikes!!!
//////////
albedodown wrote:
'baby smoking snow' got scared because, like dirtling (mudling-mudslinger), he couldn't calculate the small biological amount of the man-machine CO2 emissions component. & like dirtling & deniers,'baby smoking snow' tries to foist off biological CO2 components as part of global warming, when they are not. Here's my previous answer to dirtling, which 'baby smoking snow' was too busy to read because he was.....'smoking snow':
dirtling has made a 500 million TIMES error. It stands to reason that he does NOT calculate properly. That is the case here for more than one reason, & he needs to calculate further. Total yearly biological human CO2 emissions is.....2.5 billion metric tons or ~8% of total man-machine CO2 emissions. Using dirtling's suggestion of population reduction, say by 10%, would lower total yearly biological human CO2 emission by 0.25 billion metric tons, which is a miserly 8/10ths of 1% of total man-machine CO2 emissions.
//////////
albedodown continues:
So 'baby smoking snow' got scared for the wrong reason. Maybe he should be scared for putting a cigarette (more?) in a baby's mouth.
Wrong as usual, douchebag, and Obama's dad put the cigarette in his mouth, not me.

“no one told me”

Denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

Klaatu barada nikto wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound a lot like somebody who's currently making national headlines. YIKES
His MoFo ass should be locked up now before he goes postal. The warning signs are there.
I AM DIGITAP

Folsom, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are "mis-information"? Fascinating.
The fact all "climate math" was ruled

"not math of the statistical, or any other kind"

is what's fascinating.

The fact you can't read the raw data online, posted there by law so adults won't be misled as you've been by scammers -

that's not fascinating it's just part of watching a dumb@$$ed liberal buying into an END of the WORLD SCAM.

“REUNITE GONDWANALAND!”

Since: Jun 08

Woodbury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>So when you wrote, "Re-word your question so it makes sense and I'll respond," you were simply being facetious?
Hmmm, that makes sense.
How to avoid answering difficult questions, by Darwinian.
I did not post "Re-word your question so it makes sense and I'll respond." You seem to have me confused with someone else.

“REUNITE GONDWANALAND!”

Woodbury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

Turk wrote:
IF Global Warming is undeniable WHY did the experts change the name from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change" once the earth started cooling?
1) The earth has not started cooling - the past decade was the warmest on record, as were the two decades before it.
2) The names "Global Warming" and "Climate Change" used interchangeably; climate change encompasses global warming, plus the changes that come with warming, such as acidification of the oceans, decreasing ocean salinity with possible change in the thermohaline cycle, increasing intensity of storms, droughts in some areas, floods in others, and so on.
Calling the phenomenon "climate change" is the same as calling an upper respiratory infection a "stuffy nose".

“REUNITE GONDWANALAND!”

Woodbury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

That should read, calling the phenomenon "global warming" is the same as calling an upper respiratory infection a "stuffy nose." Some people call it that, but, that is only part of the picture.

“REUNITE GONDWANALAND!”

Woodbury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

Rabidal wrote:
If global warming were real, then how come it's still so damn cold this winter??!!
There is a difference between weather and climate.
LessHypeMoreFact

Orangeville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

Darwinian wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between weather and climate.
And seasons. Don't forget that winter is meaningless on a global scale since the same amount of sunlight falls on the total planet no matter what month it is.

Seasons are about REGIONAL weather variations that are predicated primariliy on the latitude and date. They do not qualify as 'global climate'.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

Having fun now..

Fair Games links.. no widget? lol

Darwinian.. wow, did you have a bad week last week in the topics forums or what? You're becoming the poster girl for one legged women at a butt kicking contest on every topic.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

Rabidal wrote:
If global warming were real, then how come it's still so damn cold this winter??!!
What do you want, warm winters?
Global warming should be renamed Selective warming.
It's a massive joke anyway, the difference between winter and summer temperature can easily be 50 C, so if that difference becomes 51 or 52 C, so what?
Andy

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

Global warming - Bring it on! Everyone knows next week the scientists will be talking about global cooling.
Turk

Prior Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

Darwinian wrote:
<quoted text>
1) The earth has not started cooling - the past decade was the warmest on record, as were the two decades before it.
2) The names "Global Warming" and "Climate Change" used interchangeably; climate change encompasses global warming, plus the changes that come with warming, such as acidification of the oceans, decreasing ocean salinity with possible change in the thermohaline cycle, increasing intensity of storms, droughts in some areas, floods in others, and so on.
Calling the phenomenon "climate change" is the same as calling an upper respiratory infection a "stuffy nose".
I distinctly remember the gloom and doomers were predicting the earth was going to burn up and temps were going up more rapidly and the trend was irreversible.

WE ARE BURNING UP AND CAN'T STOP IT!!

Then it got colder and the mistaken gloom and doomers quickly invented a shell called climate change and quickly tucked global warming under the shell.

I suspect global cooling will NEVER BE ADMITTED.

So if you are in Woodbury strip all your cloths off and put on a swimming suit and take a walk around the block TODAY and report back about this global warming thing.

IMHO there will be a new TOPIX story regarding a man wearing nothing but a swimming suit found in a snowbank in Woodbury and is in Regions suffering from frostbite. The man was found by a stranger who said the swimsuited man was mumbling about global warming when found.
litesong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

[QUOTE who="foul turk(ey)"]....I distinctly remember.....[/QUOTE]

'foul turk(ey) distinctly stinks.......
Turk

Prior Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
When a lib has NO GOOD RESPONSE they simply insult or call the other names.

True to form you are!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't be more of a sucker if you were on the end of the stick.

“no one told me”

Denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Darwinian wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not post "Re-word your question so it makes sense and I'll respond." You seem to have me confused with someone else.
Not flying thru Atlanta, i hope.

“no one told me”

Denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Turk wrote:
<quoted text>
I distinctly remember the gloom and doomers were predicting the earth was going to burn up and temps were going up more rapidly and the trend was irreversible.
WE ARE BURNING UP AND CAN'T STOP IT!!
Then it got colder and the mistaken gloom and doomers quickly invented a shell called climate change and quickly tucked global warming under the shell.
I suspect global cooling will NEVER BE ADMITTED.
So if you are in Woodbury strip all your cloths off and put on a swimming suit and take a walk around the block TODAY and report back about this global warming thing.
IMHO there will be a new TOPIX story regarding a man wearing nothing but a swimming suit found in a snowbank in Woodbury and is in Regions suffering from frostbite. The man was found by a stranger who said the swimsuited man was mumbling about global warming when found.
Good one, hilarious.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

A left-wing liberal pot-smoking communist was the shooter. Please don't get him confused with our left-wing liberal pot-smoking communist president. Thank you.
Also, Al Gore and Maurice Strong can suck the genetically engineered communist corn out of my crap.
Thank you again.
LOL

Springville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

Judged:

Eighthman wrote:
A left-wing liberal pot-smoking communist was the shooter. Please don't get him confused with our left-wing liberal pot-smoking communist president. Thank you.
Also, Al Gore and Maurice Strong can suck the genetically engineered communist corn out of my crap.
Thank you again.
Please seek psychiatric help as soon as possible!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••