Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#30708 Dec 28, 2013
Bend Over wrote:
Garage Logic, Baby!
The Minneapolis Park board is spending $1,100,000.00 for solar panels around lake Nokomis, saving $28,000.00 per year in electric expenses.
Let's see, that's almost 40 years before one penny is seen.
I trust that the MPB is sensitive to the "Art" that they placed around the lake... I would hate to see the solar panels clash with the esthetics of the sculptures we paid for.

Hail "The Flashlight King"

~B as in B S as in S

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30709 Dec 28, 2013
Noam Chomsky:

“If there ever is future historians, they’re going to look back at this period of history with some astonishment,” Chomsky said.“The danger, the threat, is evident to anyone who has eyes open and pays attention at all to the scientific literature, and there are attempts to retard it, there are also at the other end attempts to accelerate the disaster, and if you look who’s involved it’s pretty shocking.”

Chomsky noted efforts to halt environmental damage by indigenous people in countries all over the world – from Canada’s First Nations to tribal people in Latin America and India to aboriginal people in Australia—but the nation’s richest, most advanced and most powerful countries, such as the United States, were doing nothing to forestall disaster.

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< ><><><> <><>

The indigenous tribes recognize, this is the latest wave of colonialism. My scientific tribe recognizes it as the destruction of the Commons for the profit of a few.
Anti Christ

Minneapolis, MN

#30710 Dec 28, 2013
Livin Woodbury wrote:
2009 was another year of global cooling, which saw numerous low temperature and high snowfall records smashed.
The Dutch canals for the first time in 12 years, record cold came to Al Gore's home town and ironically a blizzard dumped snow on the Copenhagen convention where world leaders met to try and stop global warming.
It was so cold that even the BBC was forced to ask, what happened to global warming? As Climategate would reveal, IPCC scientists had been hard at work hiding evidence of global cooling. Yet the observational evidence cannot be ignored.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php...
"Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say"
Come on pervs, try to stay on topic
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#30713 Dec 30, 2013
"E-Gore" is such a lying fool he can't get his stories straight. The idiots who believe in global warming are eating their own words. IT'S THE SUN that controls our climate. The sun has just reversed its magnetic poles say scientists, so things may be getting weird on Earth. But never fear, when Yellowstone blows its top, all mankind will probably be wiped out. Let's see the leftist wackos blame that one on mankind and our SUVs. Damn idiots.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#30714 Dec 31, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
"E-Gore" is such a lying fool he can't get his stories straight. The idiots who believe in global warming are eating their own words. IT'S THE SUN that controls our climate. The sun has just reversed its magnetic poles say scientists, so things may be getting weird on Earth. But never fear, when Yellowstone blows its top, all mankind will probably be wiped out. Let's see the leftist wackos blame that one on mankind and our SUVs. Damn idiots.
The idjits that deny AGW are getting weirder. And less educated.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#30715 Dec 31, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
Too funny!
Global warming scientists forced to admit defeat... because of too much ice: Stranded Antarctic ship's crew will be rescued by helicopter
The ship certainly admits defeat. What has that got to do with AGW?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#30716 Dec 31, 2013
The polar ice caps aren't dissapearing; proving climate change mitigation is a hoax.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30717 Dec 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The polar ice caps aren't dissapearing; proving climate change mitigation is a hoax.
WOW you are consistently irrational.

What keeps you here? Not science for goodness sake.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#30718 Dec 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The polar ice caps aren't dissapearing;
No they haven't. Nor are they expect to under current conditions. Even the 'ice free arctic' is expected to be a brief condition during the late summer. It will take many decades of earlier thaw and later freezup before you will be able to consider the arctic ice free. Antarctica will more likely take a while to reduce the winter ice cover significantly. The katabatic winds make conditions there a bit different.
Brian_G wrote:
proving climate change mitigation is a hoax.
This is known as the 'non-sequitur'. An illogical claim based on totally irrelevant statements.

Nor is there any 'mitigation' to test. The issue is AGW. This just shows that BG is not very bright as he cannot even keep to the subject in his fantasies.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#30719 Dec 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Both polar ice caps are losing mass, as measured by satellites.

brian is insane and wants to live in his alternative reality.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#30720 Dec 31, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Ah...... you agree that toxic topix AGW deniers have little science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas & no science or mathematics degrees.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#30721 Dec 31, 2013
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]The polar ice caps aren't dissapearing(sic).....[/QUOTE]

First, as "lyin' brian" knows, Antarctic sea ice was AGW predicted to increase in 2002, re-affirmed in 2005 & has, as toxic topix AGW deniers love to tell, as if it wasn't an AGW prediction.

As far as 2012 Arctic sea ice area, it only recovered about 35%, not the 60% that toxic topix AGW deniers crowed about, early on. A more accurate measure is Arctic sea ice VOLUME. & it only recovered 15%, at its greatest, as compared to the 3 years previous, again, a more accurate measure of recovery.
Present December 1, 2013 Arctic sea ice VOLUME is 7% more than the December 1 date average, covering the "2010 to the present time", in this toxic topix toted AGW denier cold & frigid year. In addition, December 1, 2013 Arctic sea ice VOLUME is 9500 cubic kilometers LESS than the December 1 date average, covering the 1980-89 period.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#30722 Dec 31, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
And you believed Obama when he said you can keep your doctor and insurance, PERIOD. By the way, I have two degrees. You are proof positive that liberalism is a mental illness.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#30723 Dec 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Still lying through your teeth, eh, Brian me boy? LOL

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#30725 Jan 1, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
I call my opponents mistaken, they call us liars:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/12/30/stu...

'Stuck in our own experiment': Leader of trapped team insists polar ice is melting
By Paul Tilsley
Published December 30, 2013
FoxNews.com

The leader of a scientific expedition whose ship remains stranded in Antarctic ice says the team, which set out to prove climate change, is "stuck in our own experiment."

But Chris Turney, a professor of climate change at Australia’s University of New South Wales, said it was “silly” to suggest he and 73 others aboard the MV Akademic Shokalskiy were trapped in ice they’d sought to prove had melted. He remained adamant that sea ice is melting, even as the boat remained trapped in frozen seas....

"the green troll"

#30726 Jan 1, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I call my opponents mistaken, they call us liars:
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/12/30/stu...
'Stuck in our own experiment': Leader of trapped team insists polar ice is melting
By Paul Tilsley
Published December 30, 2013
FoxNews.com
The leader of a scientific expedition whose ship remains stranded in Antarctic ice says the team, which set out to prove climate change, is "stuck in our own experiment."
But Chris Turney, a professor of climate change at Australia’s University of New South Wales, said it was “silly” to suggest he and 73 others aboard the MV Akademic Shokalskiy were trapped in ice they’d sought to prove had melted. He remained adamant that sea ice is melting, even as the boat remained trapped in frozen seas....
"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Deniers do not have this ability.

Scientists do.
Turney later told FoxNews.com the ice surrounding his ship is old, rather than recently formed, and likely from a particular 75 mile-long iceberg that broke apart three years ago. Climate change may have prompted the iceberg to shatter and float into the previously open sea where the mostly Australian team finds itself stranded, Turney said.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30727 Jan 1, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Deniers do not have this ability.
Scientists do.
<quoted text>.. the ice surrounding his ship is old, rather than recently formed, and likely from a particular 75 mile-long iceberg that broke apart three years ago. Climate change may have prompted the iceberg to shatter and float into the previously open sea..
True.

It happens in the Arctic as well as I saw again last year.

Speaking of the last year, a healthy and happy 2014!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30728 Jan 1, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>To another poster:

Yes, like a generic denier.

He's not himself any more! "Me thinks" he has been replaced by another denier when tina et al left Topix in shame.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

"the green troll"

#30730 Jan 2, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
For the first time in 20 years, the USA saw more record cold temperatures than record hot temperatures in 2013.
"For the first year since 1993, there were more daily record lows than daily highs that were either tied or set in 2013," reported Weather Channel meteorologist Guy Walton, who keeps track of the data from the climate center.
Through Dec. 28, there have been 11,852 daily record lows in 2013, compared with 10,073 daily record highs, according to Walton.
A "daily" record occurs when a specific location sets a record high or low temperature for a particular day; other types of records include monthly and all-time.
Walton said that an unusually cold spring was the main factor in the "cool" 2013.
The year 2013 was a stunning turnaround from the USA's amazingly warm year of 2012, when more than 34,000 record highs were measured across the country, as compared with only about 6,600 record lows.
Overall, the year was likely a blip in a long-term warming trend: "The ratio of daily highs to daily lows continues to be near 3 to 1 for this decade, so far," Walton said.
Also for the decade so far, there have been 700 all-time record highs set, compared with only 74 all-time record lows.
Worldwide, since the USA is only about 2% of the Earth's surface, what happens here is far from representative of the planet as a whole.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2013/12...
You have to ask 'why'?

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gistemp/nma...

LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#30732 Jan 2, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like the answer is massive solar reflective panels in the North Pole region. This could serve 2 purposes, reflect the sun's rays back to slow the ice melt and to provide clean energy for the massive natural resource harvesting that is starting to take place as the ice recedes.
I am SO glad you are not in charge.. AGW is already a problem. No need to create a total disaster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Asia wants to 'lead world' (Oct '09) 4 min RonnieRichard 1,446
China, Vietnam patch ties after territory disputes 5 min chingchongsucker 60
Cyprus President says won't return to 'dialogue... 9 min BOZ-OK 10
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 9 min Wolftracks 1,947
Ukraine's Neo-Nazis Demand Respect 9 min Cassandra_ 31
Croat, Serb organisations urge reconciliation (Jan '14) 17 min Kravatino 9,612
message to kerry and chuck and generals 19 min winning war strat... 1
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 hr bmz 377,856
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 69,974

World News People Search