It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,368

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

#99277 Feb 1, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the enlistment age for military service? Are they young hands?
17 I think it is here.
I'd call that young.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99278 Feb 1, 2013
LEVI wrote:
BTW, I cant believe you said that the usa would had joined the war earlier that perhaps all those jew wouldnt had died. Are you seriously trying to blame the holocaust on america? LMAO
Maybe you should study your own histroy of ww2. Sure, there was japaneese resistance in thailand by some govt repersenatives and some civilans, however, as a whole, the govt of thailand was an ally with japan. And even declared war on the usa. However, at the time, the ambassor of the thai govt refused to deliver the document in washington. Still, nevertheless, the thai govt was an ally of the axis, thus gogogbar, basically, your govt was also responsible for the holocaust, and also, the rape and prilmerges of china.
Japan.LOL. Not even the colonised Phillipines with the strength and might of the US Army led by the brilliant McArtur could withstand the Japanese. The mighty McArtur had to flee to the safe haven of Australia.
Is the Phillipines culpable also?

I love it when the USA likes to compare itself to 2nd world countries.

Us Muerder rate 4.8/100K
Thai..........4.8/100K
Why?
LEVI

United States

#99279 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Japan.LOL. Not even the colonised Phillipines with the strength and might of the US Army led by the brilliant McArtur could withstand the Japanese. The mighty McArtur had to flee to the safe haven of Australia.
Is the Phillipines culpable also?
I love it when the USA likes to compare itself to 2nd world countries.
Us Muerder rate 4.8/100K
Thai..........4.8/100K
Why?
I see you conveintely ignor the facts I posted about thailand, and also the facts that I posted about thailands role in ww2, you're good at that.
1st world country, 2nd, 3rd, it doesnt matter, right is right, wrong is wrong. However, i guess thailand and youself see things differetnly, not surprinsely.
Now since you have, and continue to critize the usa and other western nations, how about us talk about whats wrong and corrupt with the thai military?
Wanna go there gogobar? Im sure some fellow thailander would love to forward your comments to the military.LOL
Okay, I will give you the first say. Now, about that military of yours, you start.
LEVI

United States

#99280 Feb 1, 2013
You never mentioned the child slave trade either. Whats wrong gogobar, arent the children of thailand just as important as american children?
LEVI

United States

#99282 Feb 1, 2013
Gogobar, where did you go. you always respond to my post so quickly, until now, its been almost an hour. Are you okay. you're military hasnt come knocking on your door has it?
Are perhaps you're out doing the right thing and trying to stop all this child sex slave trade, or this human trafficking?
LEVI

United States

#99283 Feb 1, 2013
Gogobar, you get on here and roar like a lion, now you behave like a mouse.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#99284 Feb 1, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Military Keynesianism(Government Spending that benefits Wall Street) & the US Economy.
Military Keynesianism is the theory that John Maynard Keynes advocated government economic policy in which the government devotes large amounts of spending to the military in an effort to increase economic growth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Keynesi...
Not every war helps the economy.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#99285 Feb 1, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
17 I think it is here.
I'd call that young.
The military is a great place for boys who have no where else to go. Too bad that they have to go to war.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99286 Feb 1, 2013
LEVI wrote:
<quoted text> I see you conveintely ignor the facts I posted about thailand, and also the facts that I posted about thailands role in ww2, you're good at that.
1st world country, 2nd, 3rd, it doesnt matter, right is right, wrong is wrong. However, i guess thailand and youself see things differetnly, not surprinsely.
Now since you have, and continue to critize the usa and other western nations, how about us talk about whats wrong and corrupt with the thai military?
Wanna go there gogobar? Im sure some fellow thailander would love to forward your comments to the military.LOL
Okay, I will give you the first say. Now, about that military of yours, you start.
We could talk about Thailand but I dont speak the language that competently.
But the reason the murder rate here is very high is because of the guns.
Same as the USA.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99287 Feb 1, 2013
LEVI wrote:
Gogobar, you get on here and roar like a lion, now you behave like a mouse.
A naked 38-year-old American tourist was caught with a 13-year-old prostitute in a “short time” hotel room on Soi 13/1. Undercover police were watching the girl on Beach Road, and later arrested them in the room. The man claimed the girl lied and said she was 19 years old

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/01/29...

LOL.
levi

United States

#99288 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
A naked 38-year-old American tourist was caught with a 13-year-old prostitute in a “short time” hotel room on Soi 13/1. Undercover police were watching the girl on Beach Road, and later arrested them in the room. The man claimed the girl lied and said she was 19 years old
LOL.
And? Whats your point. I never said america didnt have its share of perverts, which is in every country.
Now back to that slave trade and slave sex business in thailand, o, and also, that thai military. Wanna talk about it all? You get first comment, go.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#99289 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Men are just down and out creepy. Poor girl - she probably needed the money. Jesus.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99290 Feb 1, 2013
"The Law aint takin my guns"

Neighbors describe Jimmy Lee Dykes, the 65-year-old Vietnam war veteran holding a 6-year-old child hostage in a bunker he constructed underneath his house, as a paranoid and aggressive survivalist who repeatedly threatened his neighbors with firearms.

Tim Byrd, an investigator with the Dale County Sheriff’s office described Dykes to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Hatewatch blog as a “survivalist” with “anti-America” views and ties to anti-government extremist.

Commuinicating throu a PVC sewage pipe Jimmi Lee has been speaking about his second ammendment rights and the founding fathers intention that guns are for the individual to assert his freedom to do what he goddamn pleases.

“His friends and his neighbors stated that he did not trust the government, that he was a Vietnam vet, and that he had PTSD,” Byrd said.“He was standoffish, didn’t socialize or have any contact with anybody. He was a survivalist type.”
levi

United States

#99291 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
"The Law aint takin my guns"
Neighbors describe Jimmy Lee Dykes, the 65-year-old Vietnam war veteran holding a 6-year-old child hostage in a bunker he constructed underneath his house, as a paranoid and aggressive survivalist who repeatedly threatened his neighbors with firearms.
Tim Byrd, an investigator with the Dale County Sheriff’s office described Dykes to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Hatewatch blog as a “survivalist” with “anti-America” views and ties to anti-government extremist.
Commuinicating throu a PVC sewage pipe Jimmi Lee has been speaking about his second ammendment rights and the founding fathers intention that guns are for the individual to assert his freedom to do what he goddamn pleases.
“His friends and his neighbors stated that he did not trust the government, that he was a Vietnam vet, and that he had PTSD,” Byrd said.“He was standoffish, didn’t socialize or have any contact with anybody. He was a survivalist type.”
You have posted this already before.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99292 Feb 1, 2013
levi wrote:
<quoted text> And? Whats your point. I never said america didnt have its share of perverts, which is in every country.
Now back to that slave trade and slave sex business in thailand, o, and also, that thai military. Wanna talk about it all? You get first comment, go.
The only military guys I have met here was at a benefit to raise money for Cambodian refugees who are victims of landmines in Cambodia.
They train Cambodian Military and Civillian NGO's in mine and bomb disposal from the Vietnam War.
However the benefit was to raise money for artificial limbs, mostly for children.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99293 Feb 1, 2013
levi wrote:
<quoted text>You have posted this already before.
Seeing it is now on international news, and is a current topic, it seems fitting to mention it.

It pretty well sums up the gun control debate.

Rupert is hammering it for all it is worth.
He is a snake that Rupert.
levi

United States

#99294 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
The only military guys I have met here was at a benefit to raise money for Cambodian refugees who are victims of landmines in Cambodia.
They train Cambodian Military and Civillian NGO's in mine and bomb disposal from the Vietnam War.
However the benefit was to raise money for artificial limbs, mostly for children.
Im sure there are some indivisuals there in the military who have a heart and are nice guys, however, i wasnt talking about indivisuals, i was prefering to the military establishment itself.

BTW, that litter deer incident you and I had a few days ago, another poster pointed it out to me, you had me mistaken for some poster caller aquaris, for so you would know. So I apologize for calling you a two faced liar, instead, you were only mistaken.
The Quackbusters

Tempe, AZ

#99295 Feb 1, 2013
levi wrote:
<quoted text> Im sure there are some indivisuals there in the military who have a heart and are nice guys, however, i wasnt talking about indivisuals, i was prefering to the military establishment itself.
BTW, that litter deer incident you and I had a few days ago, another poster pointed it out to me, you had me mistaken for some poster caller aquaris, for so you would know. So I apologize for calling you a two faced liar, instead, you were only mistaken.
And who was that indivisuals poster prefering advice to you, ladygirlmyASS!hidden?
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99296 Feb 1, 2013
levi wrote:
<quoted text> Im sure there are some indivisuals there in the military who have a heart and are nice guys, however, i wasnt talking about indivisuals, i was prefering to the military establishment itself.
Apology accepted :p

You can post anything you know about the Thai Military you like.
Why you wish to, I dont know.
Start with where they are engaged if you wish to be relevant. In the Sothern border Islamic insurgency.
Levi

United States

#99297 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Apology accepted :p
You can post anything you know about the Thai Military you like.
Why you wish to, I dont know.
Start with where they are engaged if you wish to be relevant. In the Sothern border Islamic insurgency.
Looks like islam has declared war on the world, yet they are a relegion of peace they say, I just dont understand it. Looks like they want the entire world to go to war, and it may very well happen. But I dont think it will turn out they way they hope and envision, if they really do get their 'holy war' it may very well be the end of islam. Which personally I think would be a wonderful thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 6 min Sheilaa 392,527
20,000 protest in Ukraine's capital (Jan '14) 15 min tm clm 4,367
Palestinians to cut ties with Israel if UN gamb... 24 min Yumpin Yimminy 4
Japanese space explorer to blow crater in asteroid 34 min Grassclipper 224
Oil rigs off the coast of southern Vietnam. Pho... 42 min yepimatasa78 13
American Slavery 45 min local 3
EDITORIAL: Let there be - Peace on earth' today 1 hr zgudman 1
More from around the web