It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,347

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#99252 Feb 1, 2013
Frog wrote:
Gun violence is a big problem if any of u gun nuts say nope well u are in total denial not a day in my local news some shooting u almost get in immune to it . If u gave every citizen a bomb guess what would happen u have a boat load of bombings yes people kill people but when they do they prefer a gun take guns away there be a lot less killings period. Whenever u throw a powerful weapon like guns in modern day society u going to have many problems proof is in the pudding . Have a nice day !
Right. Let us know when you come up with a plan to get the guns out of the criminals hands first. You know....the ones committing 99.9999% of the crime.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99253 Feb 1, 2013
Straight Shooter wrote:
Your reply is alot about nothing. As far as the USA living up to its "obligations" with the jiggers. That was accomplished long ago by giving them citizenship in a country where thier living standard is hundreds of times better than where they came from. Personally I wish my ancestors had picked thier own cotton and let Hitler have Europe with all the pansy assed whimps that couldnt defend thier own asses anyway. Japan brought it to us and we kicked thier ass too. As far as having balls? The USA may have its problems but we have a military force that walks the walk! No doubt about that.
I hate liberal commie turds that hide behind the wwww. Be glad to unscrew your shit for brains head and take a piss down your neck! That violent enough for you?
<quoted text>
You dont like the Nazi argument anymore?
HAHAHAHAHA!
What you have to ask about Japan and WW11, is the same question as why terrorists attacked you on 911.

LOL. Violence. The last refuge of the loser.
Blair

Tempe, AZ

#99254 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont like the Nazi argument anymore?
HAHAHAHAHA!
What you have to ask about Japan and WW11, is the same question as why terrorists attacked you on 911.
LOL. Violence. The last refuge of the loser.
Dont you have anything else to do loser.
Your always on this thread. It makes me more pro anything dangerous because it incerases the chances of you being killed.
You really must be a loser to sit here 24/7
You must have exactly no life at all.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#99255 Feb 1, 2013
Straight Shooter wrote:
Your reply is alot about nothing. As far as the USA living up to its "obligations" with the jiggers. That was accomplished long ago by giving them citizenship in a country where thier living standard is hundreds of times better than where they came from. Personally I wish my ancestors had picked thier own cotton and let Hitler have Europe with all the pansy assed whimps that couldnt defend thier own asses anyway. Japan brought it to us and we kicked thier ass too. As far as having balls? The USA may have its problems but we have a military force that walks the walk! No doubt about that.
I hate liberal commie turds that hide behind the wwww. Be glad to unscrew your shit for brains head and take a piss down your neck! That violent enough for you?
<quoted text>
What is an Mexicano doing defending the U.S.A.?

Yeah! We kicked the asses of the Japs! Yahoo. We killed a lot of innocent people in the most brutal way, but heck, who cares?! We had to do something! Yahoo! Americans kick ass and then some! So proud! Yeah.

Gee, you are a bit violent. How do you come up with that stuff? I think you have an overabundance of some chemicals/hormones in your body. Ah........the price of being a man, I guess.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#99256 Feb 1, 2013
Kimura wrote:
<quoted text>
It could of all been solved if they had October fest back then.
Happy people don't kill Ethnic minorities.
That's a good one. When did Octoberfest start?

Then you would have had a bunch of drunken SA/SS guys running around with weapons.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#99257 Feb 1, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Hindsight is always 20-20.
Partially true.

Many Jews left before the atrocities started.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99258 Feb 1, 2013
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont you have anything else to do loser.
Your always on this thread. It makes me more pro anything dangerous because it incerases the chances of you being killed.
You really must be a loser to sit here 24/7
You must have exactly no life at all.
Poor Blair. It is no problem monitoring this thread seeing I am online anyway. What is your interest?
Dont worry about gun violence and me. I am in a pretty gun violent place... 4 x more than the USA.
24/7? What, do you troll thru threads you dont post on?

You just dont make sense. Why is that?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#99259 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, the Jew with the springfield.
Would that be before they were denied employment and herded into Ghettos at machine gunpoint.
A bit like the blacks at the same period in time.
Well you cant give the blacks their homeland for similar persecution in the past, but Obama is certainly forcing the USA to live up to it's obligations in their own land, as well as the whiggers.
The mass shootings are all white cousins.
Is Jimmy Lee your cuz?
The Nazi argument. The Nazis based their first "Final Solution" directly on the legal practise of the Eugenics Sterilisation Act enacted in 1927 in the United States of America-blessed under the Constitution by the Supreme Court.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_v._Bell
Abd perhaps if the USA had the Balls to enter the war at the beginning instead of at the end of the then those Jews may have had a chance.
You gotta love the Nazi argument.
Why would the Americans want to enter a war they had nothing to do with? That would have been a horrible waste of lives. We jumped in WHEN WE NEEDED TO.
It would have been better if we made the Japs apologize then to fight a war with every Jon, Dick and Harry.
Men need to look at the big picture rather than going off half-cocked and doing things they later regret. Do men regret? Do they allow themselves? Once they make a decision, that's it! Wether it is right or wrong they stick with it. hahaha. Dum-Dum.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#99260 Feb 1, 2013
Men are strange creatures.

Look at the guys on here. Always talking about their body parts. Please! We women don't want to know about such stuff. Makes us wince or something.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#99263 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
Men are strange creatures.
Look at the guys on here. Always talking about their body parts. Please! We women don't want to know about such stuff. Makes us wince or something.
Women are crazy and guys are stupid, women are crazy because guys are stupid ...
Blair

Cherkassy, Ukraine

#99264 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Blair. It is no problem monitoring this thread seeing I am online anyway. What is your interest?
Dont worry about gun violence and me. I am in a pretty gun violent place... 4 x more than the USA.
24/7? What, do you troll thru threads you dont post on?
You just dont make sense. Why is that?
Everything I said makes perfect sense, maybe you have trouble reading.
You don't even live in the USA so f-ck off.
Nobody should have to listen to you at all.
Why dont you spend some of your exceedingly large amount of spare time helping people where you live ?
No you just like to come here and annoy other people because your own life is so pathetic.
How many more stupid statistics do you search for each day to copy and paste ? And of course only show the ones that are anti gun... the ones you want to hear.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#99265 Feb 1, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Women are crazy and guys are stupid, women are crazy because guys are stupid ...
I think you are on to something.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99266 Feb 1, 2013
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I said makes perfect sense, maybe you have trouble reading.
You don't even live in the USA so f-ck off.
Nobody should have to listen to you at all.
Why dont you spend some of your exceedingly large amount of spare time helping people where you live ?
No you just like to come here and annoy other people because your own life is so pathetic.
How many more stupid statistics do you search for each day to copy and paste ? And of course only show the ones that are anti gun... the ones you want to hear.
There are no other statistics Blair. Zero pro gun. I've looked.
It all boils down to this.

14,000 murders
8700 gunnut murders

201 Justifiable Homicide by gun.

Now if it were 3000 Justifiable by gun I could agree that there is some justification.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#99267 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the Americans want to enter a war they had nothing to do with? That would have been a horrible waste of lives. We jumped in WHEN WE NEEDED TO.
It would have been better if we made the Japs apologize then to fight a war with every Jon, Dick and Harry.
Men need to look at the big picture rather than going off half-cocked and doing things they later regret. Do men regret? Do they allow themselves? Once they make a decision, that's it! Wether it is right or wrong they stick with it. hahaha. Dum-Dum.
Military Keynesianism(Government Spending that benefits Wall Street) & the US Economy.

Military Keynesianism is the theory that John Maynard Keynes advocated government economic policy in which the government devotes large amounts of spending to the military in an effort to increase economic growth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Keynesi...
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#99269 Feb 1, 2013
The new NRA slogan: We have the right to own politicians!

Firearms exist to manage situations where rationality has failed, so thinking rationally about them can be hard if not impossible. That's why it is so difficult to argue with most gun-rights advocates Ė they are not rational. They're a bunch of scared people, led by the NRA, frightened of the world and their ability to manage it. I'm not talking about people who hunt or enjoy target practice; I'm talking about the cult of maximum firepower types. Guns that exist for the sole purpose of killing large numbers of people as rapidly as possible have no place in public hands and should be banned or, at least, left at the shooting range! if you canít agree with that, well ... you got some serious mental issues!
LEVI

United States

#99270 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, the Jew with the springfield.
Would that be before they were denied employment and herded into Ghettos at machine gunpoint.
A bit like the blacks at the same period in time.
Well you cant give the blacks their homeland for similar persecution in the past, but Obama is certainly forcing the USA to live up to it's obligations in their own land, as well as the whiggers.
The mass shootings are all white cousins.
Is Jimmy Lee your cuz?
The Nazi argument. The Nazis based their first "Final Solution" directly on the legal practise of the Eugenics Sterilisation Act enacted in 1927 in the United States of America-blessed under the Constitution by the Supreme Court.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_v._Bell
Abd perhaps if the USA had the Balls to enter the war at the beginning instead of at the end of the then those Jews may have had a chance.
You gotta love the Nazi argument.
Gogobar is great at pointing out the faults of other nations other then her own. And i will be the first to tell anyone that the usofa if far far far form perfect, unlike gogobars precious thailand, or so she would like one to believe.
Human trafficking-------cambodia men are kidnapped,and/or mislead by trfficers and sold into illegal fishing boats that trawl the gulf of thailand and south china sea. The men are mislead into believeing they will be paid higher wages, when in reality they are forced to work as ' sea slaves'. Gogobar, does that sound kinda like what the whites did to blacks 200 years ago. Can you say ' slavery ' gogobar? Only difference is is that the whites did this 200 years ago, your nation still practices it, hummm, strange.
Child trafficking------children are kidnaped, or even sold by their own family members to traffickers, some as young as four years old, to be use as 'sex slaves' in the larger citys. Damn gogobar, theres that word 'slave' again. And you have the gall to critize america, I agree, killing children is evil, pure evil, but so is selling them for sex slaves. Seems like thailand and you have a total different difination when it comes to morality doesnt it? You said in one post that american children wasnt safe in their own schools, seems like the children of thailand arent too safe either doesnt it?
The right to free speech and travel has also been seriously eroded in thailand. And god forbid if someone should critize the military, right gogobar? Maybe thats why you critize america and her military so much, getting all your agression out huh?
In 2003 a fact finding panel researching thailands war on drugs found that out of 2,500 deaths more then half werent involved on drugs at all. These deaths were apparently the result of police action for no apparent reason at all.
I have more gogobar, anytime, anytime. I'm just tired of typing.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#99271 Feb 1, 2013
Spocko wrote:
Firearms exist to manage situations where rationality has failed, so thinking rationally about them can be hard if not impossible. That's why it is so difficult to argue with most gun-rights advocates Ė they are not rational. They're a bunch of scared people, led by the NRA, frightened of the world and their ability to manage it. I'm not talking about people who hunt or enjoy target practice; I'm talking about the cult of maximum firepower types. Guns that exist for the sole purpose of killing large numbers of people as rapidly as possible have no place in public hands and should be banned or, at least, left at the shooting range! if you canít agree with that, well ... you got some serious mental issues!
Rational is another word for agreeing with you, right?
LEVI

United States

#99272 Feb 1, 2013
BTW, I cant believe you said that the usa would had joined the war earlier that perhaps all those jew wouldnt had died. Are you seriously trying to blame the holocaust on america? LMAO
Maybe you should study your own histroy of ww2. Sure, there was japaneese resistance in thailand by some govt repersenatives and some civilans, however, as a whole, the govt of thailand was an ally with japan. And even declared war on the usa. However, at the time, the ambassor of the thai govt refused to deliver the document in washington. Still, nevertheless, the thai govt was an ally of the axis, thus gogogbar, basically, your govt was also responsible for the holocaust, and also, the rape and prilmerges of china.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#99273 Feb 1, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Rational is another word for agreeing with you, right?
No not hardly!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#99274 Feb 1, 2013
Spocko wrote:
thats wall streets slogan too and proved that with TARP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min CantHideTheTruth 370,558
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 4 min tarmo 1,443
Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour ... 5 min New Israel 4
NATO's North Atlantic Council Condemns Russia's... (Mar '14) 5 min NAZI RUSSIA SUCKS 8,934
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 min Eman 22,255
Serbian officials receive crown prince of Abu D... 6 min Lukashenko is Dr ... 4
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 6 min No Surprise 13,701
•••

World News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••