It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,347

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story
Dr Freud

Netherlands

#83933 Dec 6, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the same here, they cannot and do not make the jury aware of the accused's past record, however the press is another matter,,,they print all they can find, and what they cant find, they invent.
"... they print all they can find, and what they cant find, they invent."

But such is libel, is it not?
Does not the U.K. have laws against that, especially in criminal cases?

Since: Feb 11

Ely, UK

#83934 Dec 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't be obtuse Teaman it doesn't suit you.....Zimmerman was identifying himself as a white man by the privilage money had assured him, else he would live like most white hispanics ...not in a gated, middle class, predominantly white community, his community (white hispanic) would envy him but class him as a sell out.
Sooo,,,you think we should be segregated ? any particular reason ? are you not accepted by a particular people ? are you angry about it ? cause it seems you are pet.
Guppy

Bristol, PA

#83935 Dec 6, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, but you will find some places its prudent to be armed for safety.
03.03 am
Holy Cow! How do you stay awake half the night?

No, not prudent to be armed for safety. Haven't felt the need, so far.

If I didn't buy a gun four years ago ~ I'm sure not going to buy one now.
Anonymous

Mountain View, CA

#83936 Dec 6, 2012
Keep peace .Enjoy life .http://www.asextoys.com

Ely, UK

#83937 Dec 6, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
"... they print all they can find, and what they cant find, they invent."
But such is libel, is it not?
Does not the U.K. have laws against that, especially in criminal cases?
Yes, it is libel, and the tabloids do wind up in court and often pay heavy fines. An interesting case some years back, was the one between Elton John and the Sun news paper,,,the Sun reported that Elton was gay,so he sued them and WON, to the best of my knowledge he has not returned the considerable damages he was awarded.:-)

Ely, UK

#83939 Dec 6, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Cow! How do you stay awake half the night?
No, not prudent to be armed for safety. Haven't felt the need, so far.
If I didn't buy a gun four years ago ~ I'm sure not going to buy one now.
I will admitt not requiring much in the way of sleep is'nt the norm, however I find it odd that some require so much. I like to keep busy.

You didnt buy one four years ago ? are you talking about riots or something else ?.
Guppy

Bristol, PA

#83940 Dec 6, 2012
I don't think anyone will touch THAT with a ten foot pole.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#83941 Dec 6, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to suggest that a CCP permit means you hold the gun whilst your hand is in your pocket,, to brandish the weapon would mean it was not concealed.
Nope, but I am sugesting he most likely had the weapon on him when he left the car....

Perth, Australia

#83943 Dec 6, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo,,,you think we should be segregated ? any particular reason ? are you not accepted by a particular people ? are you angry about it ? cause it seems you are pet.
No, but you obviously do think we should be segregated...or am I making that up because I didn't comprehend the message, similar to what you just did. Talk about the media printing falsehoods... you are a bit of a hypochrite...dummy.
Dr Freud

Netherlands

#83944 Dec 6, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
9,000 people were murdered by Guns in one year! That is the bottom line. You can moan and groan, but it doesn't change the facts.
Ban guns
Look at the UK and Japan/no guns = no deaths. Very few deaths. Why are the American's so fearful and the rest of the world is not.
NAME just ONE gun, i.e., make, model, and serial number, which murdered anyone, or anything.
GOT DATA?

Perth, Australia

#83945 Dec 6, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic regarding the other matter made it an ideal time to bring it up again, Im certainly not upset,,should I be ? you were mistaken and that is why you would prefer it if I dropped the matter, your cook book is misleading if the matter were to be considered in law, CHECK it out.
If I happen to agree with someone, then I will support them,,have you not noticed?, YOU have a lack of support, to date. Kicked my arse ?, WHEN was that then pet.
Who says a cookbook is law...if that were the case there would never be variations on recipe's and the biggest joke is on you because that recipe from the CWA cook book the Australian cook book bible....is from women who hailed from......you guessed it...England...haha.

Ely, UK

#83946 Dec 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but you obviously do think we should be segregated...or am I making that up because I didn't comprehend the message, similar to what you just did. Talk about the media printing falsehoods... you are a bit of a hypochrite...dummy.
I see no reason to be segregated, it was you that implied Zimmerman was living in the wrong area. I made nothing up, it is yourself that is doing that,,the dummy is all yours pet.
Dr Freud

Netherlands

#83947 Dec 6, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
9000 PEOPLE WERE MURDERED BY GUNS IN ONE YEAR.
Really ????? Now if you had said, 9000 people were murdered by people with guns in one year,,,
Interesting comment of yours here,,, why did you say, WHY ARE THE AMERICAN'S SO FEARFUL AND THE REST OF THE WORLD IS NOT, instead of, Why are WE Americans so fearful and the rest of the world is not.?
Are you not an American ?
Are you posing as an American and trying to stick it to them ?
Or will you tell me it was a Freudian slip ?
She's not wearing a Freudian slip.
More it is that she's just plain stark naked, inasmuch as she's as transparent as can be!
She can't hide the truth.

Ely, UK

#83948 Dec 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says a cookbook is law...if that were the case there would never be variations on recipe's and the biggest joke is on you because that recipe from the CWA cook book the Australian cook book bible....is from women who hailed from......you guessed it...England...haha.
I did not say a cookbook is law, that is a blatant lie, no surprises there eh pet.
I was helping you to understand that if your cook book, or any cook book were examined in law, it would be found guilty as charged, a silly point but fact all the same, look it up. I know were the book hailed from.

Perth, Australia

#83949 Dec 6, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
A. Ho ~ you need to calm yourself down. You'll blow a gasket!

A: Wishful thinking on your part!
It's still called Due Diligence. Don't you all feel likes fools because you believed a bunch of lies? Now that was pathetic.

A:Well the next time someone drops your buildings don't be surprised if no one offers you any sympathy.

I am TOTALLY AGAINST WAR. I think it is sinful.

A: Cry on your own time.

We can stand on our own? Shrug.
A: Yeah, when have you ever done that!

Fat pigs? Do you really think ALL Americans are Fat Pigs? You exaggerate to prove a silly point.

A: Yes.......http://www.ncbi.nlm. nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC300778 /

Babies on stakes? Now that is sick. You should be ashamed of yourself. You have a strange mind.
A: I can imagine when steaks aren't big enough for you, you will eat anything including your young.

Biggest, fattest and loudest? Why do y'all suck up to us if you don't like us. I can guarantee you ~ most Americans don't even give you a second thought.
A: most of us don't like you...they are just very polite and diplomatic, you know like not poking fun at the fat kid.
You should be proud of your country. I am.

A: I know why I am proud of my country, because I accept it's minuses as well as our pluses with good grace, but you have a lot more work to do before you can say you have pride in yours.

WW2? Did anyone really win? Does anyone ever win? It just ends.

A: Ask the yanks...they did it all on their own I heard.....go figure.

Are you saying ~ you feel your politicians are honest? Smile. If you say
Yes ~ I would then have to call you delusional. Get a grip. I have news for you.

A: No if anything totally the oposite, there are no honest pollies didn't you know....but we are educated enough and supportive enough of our system that we keep trying to get a good one....
How would you know what the diggers are doing in other countries? You know for a fact ~ they have NEVER killed an innocent person. If you say Yes, again ~ you are beyond delusional. I will know that you are a liar.

A: I think if our boys had done what you had done in My Lei and Afghanistan we would have heard about it....or do they only report on the atrocities yanks commit overseas...a tad naive their fish....

I truly think the top military guys are quite bright. Not too bright with certain women, but...

Have you spoken to them?...I didn't think so...but like you I have seen what they have done.....actions speak louder than words...

FYI ~ Not All Americans Want To Go To War. Horrible waste of lives and money. You must agree with that.

A: Just not enough of them....

Awaiting your reply. If you dare.
Cheers.
Dr Freud

Netherlands

#83950 Dec 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you going on about, if testoterone levels are high, giving men estrogen lowers them...make them emotional and helps them grow boobies...that is why I said you men should get more of them, But you just rant away on some crazy man lunacy...you are a dumb arse Troll. IDIOT.
YOU COMPLETE and TOTAL EFFING IDIOT!
Estrogen DOES NOT 'counter' high levels of testosterone, YOU BLAZING IDIOT!
SHOW ME, and EVERYONE ELSE here, by way of REFERENCED medical papers, where any such 'therapy' is, or has been, recommended.
You'll do that, won't you?

Ely, UK

#83951 Dec 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, but I am sugesting he most likely had the weapon on him when he left the car....
He most likely did.

Perth, Australia

#83952 Dec 6, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say a cookbook is law, that is a blatant lie, no surprises there eh pet.
I was helping you to understand that if your cook book, or any cook book were examined in law, it would be found guilty as charged, a silly point but fact all the same, look it up. I know were the book hailed from.
Ohhhhh ohhhhh did I pull a spider....what's it like having to answer lies and bullshit from the other end for a change?

And yes that is silly...

Ely, UK

#83953 Dec 6, 2012
Guppy wrote:
I don't think anyone will touch THAT with a ten foot pole.
Ill risk it,,,touch what with a ten foot pole ?

Perth, Australia

#83954 Dec 6, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no reason to be segregated, it was you that implied Zimmerman was living in the wrong area. I made nothing up, it is yourself that is doing that,,the dummy is all yours pet.
Did you actually say I implied...mmmm....I clearly stated as I always do that Zimmerman was attemting to be white...not that he was wrong..or that living in the area was wrong...except seen by those of his white hispanic community....everyone's a racist....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Clinton takes a shot at Netayahu 2 min barefoot2626 40
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min stupid snots 370,364
U.S. officials: Arab states willing to join air... 5 min rio 34
UN's flight marks new era on Israel-Syria front 6 min Ratloder 3
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 6 min piratefighting 13,579
Concerned about security, not sovereignty: India 6 min bach dang 6
Ba Ria-Vung Tau: Nigerian tests negative for Eb... 15 min bach dang 1
•••

World News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••