It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments
74,521 - 74,540 of 103,227 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2014
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
History says that your belief is well founded, as it is overrun with as many cases of that simple truth as there are cases of tyranny in the past - and present.
Exactly!
What's troubling though is that people are forever placing their faith and truth in elected & appointed others.
They are highly reluctant to trust their young children to be alone with anyone they don't directly know (which is good), but by that same token, they are completely willing to trust the leadership of their towns, provinces, counties & countries to complete unknowns.
The sociopaths in and out of government have it in mind to rule. They may mean to rule well, but they mean to rule nonetheless.
It is the understood paradigm of government which allows that to happen repeatedly, and with great regularity.
It happens because people trust the ones who should not ever be trusted, and those people should never be allowed to exercise any power at all, without the very largest majority of the people giving their consent for a specific reason, and for a very limited time.
And always, the whole body of the people should be armed with every device which they have seen fit allow their armies to possess. Actually, if every nation were to follow Switzerland's lead, there would be no need for an army, because that whole country IS the army!
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
In your defence, you did say that you would "protect them". You said that you would again use a proxy and let the state protect them.
Yes: She wants someone else to take that bullet for her.
She wants someone else to die in her place.
She wants a low-paid hireling of the state to face danger.
That brand of thinking should inform everyone of just how elitist her thinking is, when it comes to the rest of us.
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Her remark on that matter was so over the top, that I do not know whether to laugh at her or cry for her.
Well, what may one expect from someone who's anti-religious to begin with, and who starts spouting a passage from a religious tome in the hopes of using it as a weapon?
"Do not let those who do not share your values, use your values against you." Ayn Rand.
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
How does asking a question you fail to answer make me a liar?
Ummm, okay, I know: Because she said so!

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, what may one expect from someone who's anti-religious to begin with, and who starts spouting a passage from a religious tome in the hopes of using it as a weapon?
"Do not let those who do not share your values, use your values against you." Ayn Rand.
Are you a religious person there, Doc!

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Tipical.
Sigh!
NoBlamer 2012

Burney, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction,, using your choice of words that should read.
You sound like your still there.
actually "your" is possesive
ie; your book

it should read "you are" or "you're"

aho would know that if she graduated from pre school
hopefully...
NoBlamer 2012

Burney, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

jake wrote:
The constitution trumps all. The day the federal government try's to tell me guns are banned is the day the government becomes null and void to me. The day they finally say freedom of speech is illegal is the day we will stand up against.
come to california
buy a bmg 50 cal
selective fire ak-47
ar-15 with no bullet button
etc...

its already happened

after the election, no matter who wins, ovomit and the hildebeast will sign the un small arms treaty

the bill of rights will only exist in history books

Since: Feb 11

Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already got my ideal way of dealing with you looneys.....LET YOU RAMBLE ON!
Stuck for a reply eh ?
NoBlamer 2012

Burney, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the question again?
how long have you suffered with short term memory problems ?

Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
actually "your" is possesive
ie; your book
it should read "you are" or "you're"
aho would know that if she graduated from pre school
hopefully...
Thanks,, I am kind of aware of that, As I stated in my post, I used the same words as the other poster, but in the order that made the most sence.
For my own part, I was diagnosed dyslexic as a child.
In order to combat the condition I refuse to use such things as spell check, although a dictionary is allways at hand, I still slip up frequently. Strangely enough these little quirks of nature are more common than is often realised,, for instance, a guy who cant use a hammer without smashing his fingers,, or a woman that cant bake a fruit cake without adding nuts, which are a garnish, and not an integral ingredient. I guess you dont know what Im talking about here, but if you go back a few posts it all becomes clear. Although its really not worth the trouble.

Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, the problems appear to be far greater than mere short term memory loss.

Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, but it smells like snow even tho the sky is mostly clear at the moment. They did lift the fire ban restrictions today however, so the moisture content has come up some of late. Humidity here has been in the single digits for a spell now.
I think I'll invite a few friends over and blow the froth off a few around a campfire out back of the house tonight.
A good fire, freinds to chew the fat with, and a few beers, the simple things in life are the best.
Im in the process of helping a good mate build a new home,,we demolished the old place a few weeks back and had a pile of timber a mile high, could'nt reuse it as it was full of worm.
Over a couple of nights we had the familys round, drank a few beers, cooked chicken and baked spud's on the fire, there's nothing to compare on a cold autumn night. I grew up as a city boy, wild horses could'nt drag me back now.
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, the problems appear to be far greater than mere short term memory loss.
The term you seek is 'selective memory loss,' or even 'convenient memory loss.'
When it gets to that stage (it got there several thousand posts ago), further attempted communication is generally a waste of time.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
The term you seek is 'selective memory loss,' or even 'convenient memory loss.'
When it gets to that stage (it got there several thousand posts ago), further attempted communication is generally a waste of time.
LOL. The simple truth of your matter is that you have nothing, NOTHING!

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the question again?
2 of my questions you've dodged in the last few days.

1st one was why should Kerry Packer get away with a firearms offence when a battler gets the book thrown at him for the same offence?

2nd one was how do you "don't put yourself in that position in the first place" if your own home is being invaded?

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
My choice was "THOU SHALT NOT KILL"
Dumb choice.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
On what, did YOU have a question there pal?

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>come to california
buy a bmg 50 cal
selective fire ak-47
ar-15 with no bullet button
etc...
its already happened
after the election, no matter who wins, ovomit and the hildebeast will sign the un small arms treaty
the bill of rights will only exist in history books
YAY! In it's rightful place, in ye olde world archives.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,, I am kind of aware of that, As I stated in my post, I used the same words as the other poster, but in the order that made the most sence.
For my own part, I was diagnosed dyslexic as a child.
In order to combat the condition I refuse to use such things as spell check, although a dictionary is allways at hand, I still slip up frequently. Strangely enough these little quirks of nature are more common than is often realised,, for instance, a guy who cant use a hammer without smashing his fingers,, or a woman that cant bake a fruit cake without adding nuts, which are a garnish, and not an integral ingredient. I guess you dont know what Im talking about here, but if you go back a few posts it all becomes clear. Although its really not worth the trouble.
LOL. Ah, but you were wrong about a fruit cake not having nuts, weren't you?......I did have fun with that one especially after you tried to use the CWA to enforce your failed point and failed futher, that was truly priceless.
Then just like most of you sleazy yanks.... you just ignored the post with the hope that you wouldn't look more stupid than you did, but you then had the utter gall (instead of letting your mistake slide and slinking off into obscurity) to post your your weak arsed mates blubbering and whinging, "Oh dear that Aussie beat me by saying nuts, when they were only used as a garnish," you must have worked your arse to get around that one and it would have been worth a million just to see you fail.....LMFAO

Nuts I said and nuts there were!......What a sookie wimp you are when you are proved wrong, wrong, and wrong again...... bring it on you wimps.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••