It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments
72,061 - 72,080 of 103,242 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2014

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused dear. Your mates are laughing at you Sheila.
I wish I could show what you guys look like on the big screen people are beside themselves reading your shit, it's priceless.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I had no grey matter input into the situation Sheila. You did it all by your little lonesome. Others pointed out your mistake dear, not me. I was just enjoying it.
<smile>
There it is again the famous yank obtuseness(I call it stupidity behind your back you know)....how do you guys tie your shoe laces up, hang on I bet you use velcro? LOL

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Obtuse? You just said we were simple. Obtuse is not simple.
I was being kind....I really try to find as many ways I can to soften your retardedness...My bad I should have just been honest but you yanks can't handle that!

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the laws of nature are "mumbo jumbo" and "insane nonsense" to you, and you also say that those natural laws are not deep and meaningful.
Head into the bush by your little ole self for a couple months Sheila and see if you are correct.
Of course when you say it like you believe that you are living in a jungle, when if you actually spent some time in a jungle you would see you are just being a dramatic fool!

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hell Aussie, you hate all us Yanks anyway, why not just push the envelope and go for it dear? What's holding you back? Immaturity and emotion? Or is ^that^ claim of you being all intellectual and all, also a lie from you?
See now you have hurt my feelings :)....I don't believe that you would even understand anyone with and IQ above 40, so it would be too hard to explain it to you!
Dr Freud

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I could show what you guys look like on the big screen people are beside themselves reading your shit, it's priceless.
That's really all you have now, isn't it? Just plain vitriol, demeaning, and dismissive remarks, along with arrogance and condescension. Nothing new there for you though, because it's part and parcel to your own self-frustrating neuroticism.
Dr Freud

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
See now you have hurt my feelings :)....I don't believe that you would even understand anyone with and IQ above 40, so it would be too hard to explain it to you!
Yet more projection. You must really hate yourself. That you would declare another another person to be possessing of your own self-professed traits? One might only wonder. Your neuroticism is rapidly progressing towards OCD. You're in denial.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody should put you back in your cage you ape....all you do is go around beating your chest and making stupid grunt noises.
Hey Billy bob how many head injuries did you have to sustaing to get so stupid!
Kreegah Bundolo, Simba Ungawa.

Mrs Tantor angry with Tarzan, white ape is atupid.

Have I called you Jane, yet??

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
A: So are you avocating for gun control now?
Here try to educate yourself.
http://www.cjcj.org/files/Mass_shootings.pdf
but i have a feeling facts are useless to your delusions.
A: Didn't you mean here brainwash yourself?
thanks, I already posted that link.

from the abstract

"It does not find support for the hypothesis that Australia’s prohibition of certain types of firearms has prevented mass shootings, with New Zealand not experiencing a mass shooting since 1997 despite the availability in that country of firearms banned in Australia"

So, basically, it shows that your prohibition on firearms has not made any difference in mass shootings.

You traded no change in your total murder rates (already very low) for a huge increase in rapes and assualts.

To the extent where it is now you are much more likely to be raped or assaulted in Australia.

I just love smacking dumbshits with their own data.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you or any of your friends ever buy an IQ higher than your shoe size, let us know.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree on that point.
She gets quite angry when folks point out her stupidity.

Good thing she does not like guns.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I am not a sexist pig.....miss the weekends at the footy camp with your gay bed mates do you Billy Bob.
You are correct. You are a pig without adverb.

Jane you plain old pig.

http://blip.tv/play/AYL34BIC.html...

What does it feel like to be correct.

Dizzy, light headed, what??

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Hey helmet to tight, other than one mass shooting at Port Arthur how about you enlighten me on all those other mass shootings in Aus?...Tapping foot, and waiting!
well, the link you posted explained that very well.

Too bad you are too stupid to understand your own references.
Dr Freud

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you or any of your friends ever buy an IQ higher than your shoe size, let us know.
The Sheila can't, because she's on the dole, and spends all her money on junk food, booze, drugs, and plays all day on her stolen computer.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Note your post 76798 page 3599, where you first posted that link.....
then my response to said post....76816 page 3600 below
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
New Zealand has more permissive laws, yet they also have not had a mass shooitng.
A: So are you avocating for gun control now?
Here try to educate yourself.
http://www.cjcj.org/files/Mass_shootings.pdf
but i have a feeling facts are useless to your delusions.
A: Didn't you mean here brainwash yourself?
Now you dumb ape can you follow numerical order? obviously not! I shall explain that the number and page that come first are the original message those that follow in order and that is "numerical order" is the latter or response to YOUR message...
Do you know what that means you neandathalic ape?
What it means is that it was you who first posted the link, it is you that lied and bullshitted. It also means that you are a dumb jock who's helmet is way too tight and that you have pissed and shat all over yourself once again because you are a mental retard.
Can we hear what you are again Billy Bob, you are a LIAR, LIAR PANTS ON FIRE. ROTFLMAO!
From the link you and I posted

"The current paper examines the incidence of mass shootings in Australia and New Zealand (a country that is socioeconomically similar to Australia, but with a different approach to firearms regulation) over a 30 year period. It does not find support for the hypothesis that Australia’s prohibition of certain types of firearms has prevented mass shootings, with New Zealand not experiencing a mass shooting since 1997 despite the availability in that country of firearms banned in Australia".

Since you are too stupid to understand simple english, let me help.

The study shows that NZ, with many similiar traits to Aust, has also NOT had a mass shooting since 1997, despite havign a lot of guns available.

Erego (which means, it follows) that Aust gun ban has had NO EFFECT in AUst NOT having a mass shooting.

If the gun ban made a difference, then NZ would have had a mass shooting by now.

Same people, one gorup has not guns, one group has guns, yet no mass shooitng in either place.

I don't know how to explain it any simpler, but I suspect you are still to stupid.

Jane!

Now, if you want to fixate on some numerical order, on who posted what 1st, I will gladly concede you OR I posted it first.

That point is moot (like that thing on top of your neck).

The point is that your gun ban has made no difference.

You (and NZ) have just been lucky.

For example, you thundering moron, Norway has strict gun control laws, rarely has any kind of shootingm, yet they saw one guy slaughter 80 people made helpless by the same typew of gun control you spew out your ass.

People like you are dangerous, you are harmful to the herd, and need to be exiled before you taint others.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Billy Bob, you might want to get you parents to buy you a bigger helmet...you dumb oaf. LOL
You're not very good at this, are you.

Better get your "mates" to help out.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for pointing out your problem Sheila. You're too damn complicated and get your own self all mixed up and defeat your own bullshit in your "proofs".
The KISS principle is a good one. Simple is good. Try it sometime.
Did bunny move to Australia???

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really all you have now, isn't it? Just plain vitriol, demeaning, and dismissive remarks, along with arrogance and condescension. Nothing new there for you though, because it's part and parcel to your own self-frustrating neuroticism.
She did not start the vitriol until she got caught posting a link refuting her own position.
She got real mad when I poinited that out to her.
Then she tried to deflect by arguing who posted what 1st.
Reminds me of bunny with zero talent. At least bunny learned how to use google.

Now she is trying to get her foot out of her mouth by way of her anus.

Since: Feb 11

King's Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
YEP! That's how I knew it existed:)
<quoted text>Derogatory reply? How was my reply derogatory? Can you be specific?
MOSTLY, my reply was regarding what you THINK being moot to the facts!
Facts are FACTS, and if >YOU< remember correctly, I was able to post many articles proving that particular gun was prone to that very issue!
ALSO< Mr Trout said he NEVER altered the gun, and the GUN had just came from their son in Iraq Combat!
MOSTLY, if he altered the GUN, there would have been criminal charges for shooting bystanders!
Try to keep up...remember?
Not to mention, what does your deflection have to do with the fact that a gun can shoot itself..whether altered or not?
<quoted text>
When did I disappear?
Why do you lie so much?
Is that all you got? Lies?
I COUNTERED your argument, and proved my point by posting that the particular gun is PRONE TO THAT PARTICULAR MALFUNCTION"!!!
Remember now>?
ring a bell?
I'm glad this article is brought up again too!
I LOVE IT!
Especially when gun nuts say guns can't shoot themselves:)
No matter HOW you try to deflect with your (altered gun) crap...it is STILL A FACT, that the gun shot itself!
<quoted text>Copied directly from the article:
"Thourot had just pulled his hand away from the warm metal when it started spewing bullets.
Moments before, Sherri Thourot had watched her husband fire and reload the Jennings 9mm. Then he set it down for her to shoot next at the range.
That's when the handgun started firing on its own, she said, spinning around in circles, landing the Thourots and an Irish tourist in the hospital."
It doesn't say anything about "loading the weapon and discharging a full magazine"
It says he fired, reloaded, and then set gun down for wife to fire.
<quoted text>I did below! look!
<quoted text>Obviously it didn't need cocked!
Hence: The malfunction!
<quoted text>
Here ya go:
From a GUN NUT website!
"BRYCO ARMS
Model Jennings Nine,
9mm LUGER caliber Semiautomatic Pistol
WARNING: These pistols may create an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CONDITION and a POTENTIAL FOR SERIOUS INJURY by firing without pulling the trigger.
During the testing of a Bryco Arms, Jennings Nine pistol by a forensic firearms examiner it was noted that it would fire upon release of the thumb safety and spontaneously fire in a FULL AUTO MODE on an inconsistent bases. When loaded with the manual thumb safety in the “safe” position, if the trigger of the submitted firearm has been pulled stiffly a few times, the firearm will discharge when the thumb safety is moved to the “fire” position.
MANUALLY UNLOADING THIS PISTOL MAY BE VERY DANGEROUS SINCE IT COULD DISCHARGE DURING THIS PROCEDURE.
Source:
AFTE Journal, Spring 2001; Volume 33, Number 2:145-147
Illinois State Police Laboratory, Springfield - Notice, December 7, 2000
<quoted text>Look above...OUCH!
Hi Bunny,did you miss me ?

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Overconfidence is a malady of the ignorant.

You wear it out.

Since: Feb 11

King's Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
YEP! That's how I knew it existed:)
<quoted text>Derogatory reply? How was my reply derogatory? Can you be specific?
MOSTLY, my reply was regarding what you THINK being moot to the facts!
Facts are FACTS, and if >YOU< remember correctly, I was able to post many articles proving that particular gun was prone to that very issue!
ALSO< Mr Trout said he NEVER altered the gun, and the GUN had just came from their son in Iraq Combat!
MOSTLY, if he altered the GUN, there would have been criminal charges for shooting bystanders!
Try to keep up...remember?
Not to mention, what does your deflection have to do with the fact that a gun can shoot itself..whether altered or not?
<quoted text>
When did I disappear?
Why do you lie so much?
Is that all you got? Lies?
I COUNTERED your argument, and proved my point by posting that the particular gun is PRONE TO THAT PARTICULAR MALFUNCTION"!!!
Remember now>?
ring a bell?
I'm glad this article is brought up again too!
I LOVE IT!
Especially when gun nuts say guns can't shoot themselves:)
No matter HOW you try to deflect with your (altered gun) crap...it is STILL A FACT, that the gun shot itself!
<quoted text>Copied directly from the article:
"Thourot had just pulled his hand away from the warm metal when it started spewing bullets.
Moments before, Sherri Thourot had watched her husband fire and reload the Jennings 9mm. Then he set it down for her to shoot next at the range.
That's when the handgun started firing on its own, she said, spinning around in circles, landing the Thourots and an Irish tourist in the hospital."
It doesn't say anything about "loading the weapon and discharging a full magazine"
It says he fired, reloaded, and then set gun down for wife to fire.
<quoted text>I did below! look!
<quoted text>Obviously it didn't need cocked!
Hence: The malfunction!
<quoted text>
Here ya go:
From a GUN NUT website!
"BRYCO ARMS
Model Jennings Nine,
9mm LUGER caliber Semiautomatic Pistol
WARNING: These pistols may create an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CONDITION and a POTENTIAL FOR SERIOUS INJURY by firing without pulling the trigger.
During the testing of a Bryco Arms, Jennings Nine pistol by a forensic firearms examiner it was noted that it would fire upon release of the thumb safety and spontaneously fire in a FULL AUTO MODE on an inconsistent bases. When loaded with the manual thumb safety in the “safe” position, if the trigger of the submitted firearm has been pulled stiffly a few times, the firearm will discharge when the thumb safety is moved to the “fire” position.
MANUALLY UNLOADING THIS PISTOL MAY BE VERY DANGEROUS SINCE IT COULD DISCHARGE DURING THIS PROCEDURE.
Source:
AFTE Journal, Spring 2001; Volume 33, Number 2:145-147
Illinois State Police Laboratory, Springfield - Notice, December 7, 2000
<quoted text>Look above...OUCH!
It would seem you are quite correct regarding this gun discharging itself, I have tried to find out more about this particular case but didnt get very far, gave up in the end.

What I think may well be moot, but as I told you, I have never come across a fire arm such as this before

Although impossible I would like to examine a Jennings, merely out of curiosity.

Can we get this straight ?

The weapon was loaded and fired, was it then reloaded with one in the chamber, or was it empty, and then reloaded.

How the hell would a round get from the magazine into the chamber without the owner putting it there.

By the way, I read that when he placed the gun down, it was pointing towards them and not down range, dont know if that is true or not.

But regardless, this gun is crap, what happened to quality control.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the World News Forum right now

Search the World News Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Erdogan criticises west's silence on Israeli ag... 3 min Mic 155
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min Faith 356,054
Amcham Bahrain holds Annual General Assembly Me... 5 min NITiN 1
Gulf Air receives first A330 retrofitted aircraft 6 min NITiN 1
LDS Apostle visited Tonga 7 min Donut Pedo the BillyPhile 8,333
Alleged Australian jihadist supporter deported,... 9 min I_am_Belisarius 4
Turkey to be divided between Armenia, Kurdistan... (Sep '10) 9 min Armenian Genocide Lies 268
Malaysian Airlines plane shot down over Ukraine... 11 min George 347
•••
•••