Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
11,881 - 11,900 of 21,387 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
In your mouth where it usually is, a-hole.
It's frustrating when you get caught lying about a god you have no proof of, isn't it?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Thinking wrote:
I see you're still getting "society" confused with the "scientific method". Oh dear.
<quoted text>
That's not all! Beginning with "reality and virtual," one could write a book.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop picking your nose, it will improve your brain power.
Based on its effect on you, I think I'll pass.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
In your mouth where it usually is, a-hole.
shhhh troll...no one was talking to you

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Melt-down? What melt-down?
Do you get a bonus every time you call someone godbot perhaps?
Because you never stop! Apart from demonstrating your immaturity, what do you expect from it?
So, you are and atheist, and some people are not atheist.
What's the fucking big deal there?
Haven't you yet come to term with the fact that people are DIFFERENT, they also have DIFFERENT opinions. Or are you too childish to realise that?
It's about time you grow up, instead of calling any passer-by godbot...
Do you expect to convince anyone by attacking their beliefs?
Has it worked yet?
Aaaaand your melt-down continues unabated.

too funny!

All it took, was finding the right buttons to push, and right on cue, you go all ballistic.

Proving you are just another True Believer™.

Thanks!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
If this is a random sample of humanity, I find on this forum that believers tend to be nicer people than atheists.
Yep. You have continued to support the hypothesis that you are just another godbot, trolling for converts (or small children-- you never know with True Believers™ these days...)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing you are wrong about, the church is all about profit. Lets put it this way if we where to tax churches in the US we would make an extra 70 billion a year to pay off are deficit. Plus if you look around the world and see all the fancy multimillion dollar churches that are built out of gold when there are millions of starving children in the world then you know its all about profit.
This is why the church trys so hard to brainwash you to deny logic and reason, because it is a business and its all about profit..
Of course it is.

But it is also about controlling the sheep too: the churches run the brainwashing machine such that it's followers blindly accept whatever the church says, without question.

And this brainwashing machine then goes on to tell them that the rich deserve to be all but tax-exempt. And continues the lie that these super-rich will magically create jobs, just because they are rich...

.... meh.

It goes hand-in-glove: True Believers™ make the best sheeple.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there will be only the myths of gods, crutches for those who can't stand on their own two feet.
As long as people believe there are loopholes to get out of death, they will waste time worshipping the fabricators of these promises.
As long as people believe in the promise of heaven and the threat of hell, they will be frightened, weak people who drink the kool-aid of the latest fad in theology.
The skewed perspectives of peoples experiences is what parents will try to shove down their children's throats to perpetuate the myth.
Again, those that can't square off with reality will cling to myth.....their crutch.
They are welcome to a mental crutch, if they like.

So long as they stop getting tax support for it, that is.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, she started out so nicey-nice. Pity she can't keep her balance. Will she come back under another name or just go away for awhile?
My money is on a new name.

Since she's a cowardly greyboxer....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugly, yes.....pretty frickin' hilarious too!!!
Indeed.... I come here for the humor.

But I tend to stick around for the company of atheists and other freethinkers.

:)

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is.
But it is also about controlling the sheep too: the churches run the brainwashing machine such that it's followers blindly accept whatever the church says, without question.
And this brainwashing machine then goes on to tell them that the rich deserve to be all but tax-exempt. And continues the lie that these super-rich will magically create jobs, just because they are rich...
.... meh.
It goes hand-in-glove: True Believers™ make the best sheeple.
I only need to scroll back in this thread a few weeks, if that, to find some godbot shooting me down in flames for expressing the truth re most church people probably nearly choked on a silver spoon after birth. Then THEY tell us "Thou shall't not bear false witness." What double standards.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

You see Christians denying their faith all the time now in debates with atheists. I think it's because on all the how to debate an atheist websites and videos The Hovind bunch always ignore questions and points made about Christianity, usually using the excuse... We'll talk about that later. Of course never doing so or jut saying Christianity is perfect next question! Lmfao!

It's how they are programmed, take their religion out of the debate because that is uncomfortable for them and just use the bigoted atheist attack lines.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaaaand your melt-down continues unabated.
too funny!
All it took, was finding the right buttons to push, and right on cue, you go all ballistic.
Proving you are just another True Believer™.
Thanks!
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

http://www.atheismuk.com/2013/02/07/events/th...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2011/mar/27/b...

I'm so unimpressed by South Park I doubt it is worth giving this offering a chance, but I thought I'd mention it.

Quote,
"Starting off in the Mormon mecca, Salt Lake City, Utah, the story follows a mismatched pair of proselytisers, Elders Price (Andrew Rannells) and Cunningham (Josh Gad). The former is the clean-cut ideal of an LDS doorbell-pusher: white-bread, well-groomed and safely asexual. Cunningham, however, is a fat, dim-witted man-child who confuses Mormon mythology with The Lord of the Rings.

Despite Price's hope for missionary work in Orlando, Florida, the two are ordered to save souls in war-torn, poverty-stricken Uganda. Their evolving friendship lays the emotional foundation for the show, and gives even the cruellest jokes about racism and homophobic self-loathing a sweet, innocent finish. That human dimension reminds you that the comic genius of South Park (heading into its 15th season) relies on children blinded by naivety, but who see through society's lies."
Unquote.

"comic genius"? We'll see.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Tom Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is broken. Psychology was rocked recently by stories of academics making up data, sometimes overshadowing whole careers. And it isn't the only discipline with problems - the current record for fraudulent papers is held by anaesthesiologist Yoshitaka Fujii, with 172 faked articles.
These scandals highlight deeper cultural problems in academia. Pressure to turn out lots of high-quality publications not only promotes extreme behaviours, it normalises the little things, like the selective publication of positive novel findings – which leads to "non-significant" but possibly true findings sitting unpublished on shelves, and a lack of much needed replication studies.
http://m.guardiannews.com/science/blog/2012/n...
< fraud does happen in the sciences >
Your example using psychology to show science is broken falls on its face. If you will bother to actually read polymath's post, you will notice that polymath classes psychology as not being real science.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Oh! Is someone angry? Oh yes he is! Look just because I have factually crushed you repeatedly shouldn't get you upset, instead rejoice at how all of atheists have improved your life.

After all you don't post in the Christian forum. You are drawn to the logical superior even if you are unable to fully understand.

Bravo for that.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop picking your nose, it will improve your brain power.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Oh! Is someone angry? Oh yes he is! Look just because I have factually crushed you repeatedly shouldn't get you upset, instead rejoice at how all of atheists have improved your life.
After all you don't post in the Christian forum. You are drawn to the logical superior even if you are unable to fully understand.
Bravo for that.
<quoted text>
You just through him with the words logic and understand.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
You're an atheist, not a humanist.
I'm a humanist.
insidesecrets wrote:
You have no philosophy
My worldview is humanistic.
insidesecrets wrote:
Atheism leaves people feeling vulnerable. Without a divine protector to keep their best interests in check, they become frightened people
You must be projecting.
insidesecrets wrote:
what has secular science provided to soothe the savage beast
Besides Xanax?
insidesecrets wrote:
Whose version of humanism are you talking about? Religious humanism? Secular humanism? Inclusive humanism? Renaissance humanism?
You're just now asking? You've been bashing it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to understand that the biblical version of god is not the only version of God.
If the bible is incorrect, then it can be ignored, as can the religion and church founded on it.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when a xtian's first post to me is an insult - it shows how easily I riled them without even trying.
Is calling someone "Moron" is an insult? If that be the case, then what else would you call majority of people who waste their times on these threads?

Posting hundreds of posts each day?

Moron is a very light word for these people? Don't you think?

I mean if you have capability to think!!(Boy this IS an insult)!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••