Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,169

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#8707 Nov 10, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
02. Again you got the wrong definition of “religious people”…. A religious man is one who follows the teaching of his or her religion to the best of their capabilities.
So a “religious person” shall not kill any innocent man, women or children.
People don't kill according to whether they are religious or not. Their motives are more complicated. Your motive is to see the dominance of your fundamentalist version of Islam over other, more peaceful versions. That is why you don't condemn the outrageous crime against Malala.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#8708 Nov 10, 2012
The prophet Muhammad would demand to know why that girl was even in school and not married off at 6 and raped at 9.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>People don't kill according to whether they are religious or not. Their motives are more complicated. Your motive is to see the dominance of your fundamentalist version of Islam over other, more peaceful versions. That is why you don't condemn the outrageous crime against Malala.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#8709 Nov 10, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
The prophet Muhammad would demand to know why that girl was even in school and not married off at 6 and raped at 9.
<quoted text>
You forgot pregnant by 10.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#8710 Nov 10, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievably there are people in Pakistan who say that the shooting of Malala was a Western conspiracy against Islam.

They're clearly insane.

Perhaps they need to see more cartoon pictures of Mohammed.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#8711 Nov 10, 2012
I think it is important not to tar all Muslims and the whole of Islam with the same brush. I think Islam is plainly ridiculous, but it is important to understand the motives of Muq and other fundamentalists. That is not the view of most Muslims who see Muq as un-islamic. Where we agree with most Muslims is that the fundamentalists like Muq are motivated by ignorance and stupidity.

He might not simply be the product of his environment. The 7/7 bombers were home-grown and Mohammed Atta and Bin Laden were well-educated and had experienced Western culture. Clearly, there is a genetic component to fundamentalists leanings. That is not to say that their stupidity and ignorance are inherited,(though it might have been). The point is there is something inherent in their nature to be fundamentalist. Muq is Islamic because that was what he has been taught, but I imagine he might agree with people like Derek if he had been raised in the USA.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#8712 Nov 10, 2012
Perhaps a better example of a Christian fundamentalist than Derek is Pat Robertson http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Robertson
or the Quran burning pastor...
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/ameri...

It is also interesting to consider what Muq would do if he had been raised in Israel by fundamentalist Zionist Jews. How he would hate Islam then.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#8713 Nov 10, 2012
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right that Atheism will surpass Christianity. The Bible warns us of that. The Bible speaks of in the last days man will deny God.
This seems typical of some religionist thinking. The assumption is that everything is 'God's will', but that is really god-swill.

What reasonable people need to do is ensure that fundamentalists (or other religionists) don't cause some kind of conflict thinking it is the start of some 'rapture' of which an Abrahamic God had warned. I wouldn't put it past Zionists and Islamists to try to indulge their enthusiasm for religious divisions and conflict and then blame everyone for it but themselves. They sound that stupid.

Perhaps this illustrates a need to insist any 'Holy Lands' are shared and accessed according to international agreements? They may only fight over it otherwise and drag us all down. In that context, the USA needs to become a disinterested party and not an 'ally' of one side, or both. It should become an honest broker and be seen as such, instead of being seen as a supporter of a Zionist-dominated Israel.

The point needs to be made that there are no 'holy lands' and nothing is sacred.'Sacred' implies 'to'. Holy lands are only holy to some religionists. Mecca or the Temple Mount (for examples) are only important to various large religious groups for different reasons. That should be nothing for anyone to get excited about, let alone violent.

Humanity has far more of real importance to concern us than who is in which religious tribe and which tribe owns what.

Religion = superstition and should be seen as such. I'm hoping that can be apparent to most people by now.
ya heba

Sydney, Australia

#8714 Nov 10, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The human body reaches puberty long before the brain develops beyond prepubescent. This is a result of evolutionary pressures in the wild to reproduce quickly. This does not make it right for a civilized species to take advantage of the biological functions in any way, nor does adulthood offer you the right to kill someone just for wanting to learn.
we do not care for you're evolution mumbo jumbo. when one reaches puberty they are a young adult, i did when i was 12, and praying and fasting becomes compulsory.
ya heba

Sydney, Australia

#8715 Nov 10, 2012
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>"You" are against education, WHY TF are you supporting the sub-human actions of your religion if "you" are not? Straight answer ONLY, no forked-tongue sh@t,there's enough of that on here to sink the entire US Navy.
i am not against education at all. she must have crossed then line, she was probably preaching about kuffar and glorying them.
ya heba

Sydney, Australia

#8716 Nov 10, 2012
EdSed wrote:
I think it is important not to tar all Muslims and the whole of Islam with the same brush. I think Islam is plainly ridiculous, but it is important to understand the motives of Muq and other fundamentalists. That is not the view of most Muslims who see Muq as un-islamic. Where we agree with most Muslims is that the fundamentalists like Muq are motivated by ignorance and stupidity.
He might not simply be the product of his environment. The 7/7 bombers were home-grown and Mohammed Atta and Bin Laden were well-educated and had experienced Western culture. Clearly, there is a genetic component to fundamentalists leanings. That is not to say that their stupidity and ignorance are inherited,(though it might have been). The point is there is something inherent in their nature to be fundamentalist. Muq is Islamic because that was what he has been taught, but I imagine he might agree with people like Derek if he had been raised in the USA.
there is nothing wrong with Muq. there is no such thing as fundamentalist in Islam, there is however pious Muslim.

fanatical, extremist, radical are words created by kuffar to bad mouth pious Muslims and to divide Muslims.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#8717 Nov 10, 2012
ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
i am not against education at all. she must have crossed then line, she was probably preaching about kuffar and glorying them.
Does not matter what the hell she talked about she was 14. If you and your religion are so damn scared of a little girl then your god must not be much of a god. What a despicable and heinous belief system you have.

So you agree that it is ok to kill anyone you think is going against your religion no matter that they may not and are not. What a loving religion you have there.

I would go against any god if that god is as repugnant as the gods of the past and present.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#8718 Nov 10, 2012
ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
It is statements like this that show your true colors.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8719 Nov 10, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-34

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : ABU HURIRAH AND PEOPLE OF SUFFAH

ABU HURIRAH was a well known companion of prophet, who has transmitted maximum number of Prophet’ sayings in the books of Hadith. When he came to Madina, he was bachelor and he did not had any money or other provisions.

Such people used to live in a small Shade called “SUFFAH” adjacent to the Prophet’s mosque. They were full time devoted to learning of Quran and Islamic teachings. Prophet used to take care of their daily food, if any food was gifted to him, he would share it with them, if any thing came from charity, he would send it to them etc. ABU HURIRAH was also one of those people in start of his Islamic life. He had a very strange story to tell us:

“One day, during noon time, I felt extreme hunger and there was nothing to eat, I came out in the street, so as to meet some one and perchance he may invite me to his house and give me some food”

“I was in the street, when Abu Bakr passed by, I saluted him and asked meaning of a Quranic verse, hoping he would ask me to come with him. But he answered me and went his way. After some time, Omar passed by, I repeated the same thing to him, he also answered and went his way”

“After some time, prophet passed by, I saluted him, and asked the same question. He looked at me, smiled and asked me to follow him. We reached his house, he went inside and then invited me to come inside. He asked his wife, is there any thing to eat. He was told that there is one pitcher of milk, which was gifted to him by some one from Madina. It was a small quantity of milk sufficing for one or persons at the most. I hoped prophet would give it to me.”

“But prophet asked me to bring people of SUFFAH also. I went saying in my heart, how so many persons will drink from this pitcher, and then prophet will ask me to drink in the last. What would be my share? But I could not refuse the prophet’s command. I went and ten or so other people of SUFFAH came with me”.

“When they all sat, prophet took the pitcher, and asked me, to go and give it to the first man on my right, he took the pitcher, drank from it and gave it back to me. Then I went to next person and so on…”

“When every one had drunk from the pitcher, only myself and prophet were left. Prophet said “ABU HURIRAH, now only you and me are left” I said “Yes, O Messenger of Allah”

“He gave me the pitcher and asked me to drink from it. I drank, he asked me to drink again, He again asked me to drink…. untill I was satisfied and said “O prophet of Allah, I can not drink any more”

“Then the prophet took the pitcher, gave thanks to Allah and drank the rest of milk”

Such was the “sword of Love, compassion and Grace from Allah” with which prophet used to enslave his trusted companions for ever.

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#8720 Nov 10, 2012
ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
we do not care for you're evolution mumbo jumbo. when one reaches puberty they are a young adult, i did when i was 12, and praying and fasting becomes compulsory.
So you were brainwashed.

Lexington, KY

#8721 Nov 10, 2012
Very well said and have you noticed Muq has not said he was wrong? So we see he agrees with her as we all knew.

Such a barbaric religion most likely the worst ever. Did you see how they strap bombs to an unwitting mentally retarded person and then blow them up?

Yes the prophet would be so proud.
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Does not matter what the hell she talked about she was 14. If you and your religion are so damn scared of a little girl then your god must not be much of a god. What a despicable and heinous belief system you have.
So you agree that it is ok to kill anyone you think is going against your religion no matter that they may not and are not. What a loving religion you have there.
I would go against any god if that god is as repugnant as the gods of the past and present.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#8722 Nov 10, 2012
ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
there is nothing wrong with Muq. there is no such thing as fundamentalist in Islam, there is however pious Muslim.
fanatical, extremist, radical are words created by kuffar to bad mouth pious Muslims and to divide Muslims.
So the people who shot Malala in the head weren't fundamentalists; they were just plain ordinary Muslims like you?

Lexington, KY

#8723 Nov 11, 2012
They were following sharia law and using the prophet Muhammad's sword.
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So the people who shot Malala in the head weren't fundamentalists; they were just plain ordinary Muslims like you?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#8724 Nov 11, 2012
ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
Was YOU there, then? You appear to posses ALL the answers. The rest of us know why she was shot in the head. Why can't you lot accept it?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#8725 Nov 11, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-34
Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.
The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”
The Case of : ABU HURIRAH AND PEOPLE OF SUFFAH
ABU HURIRAH was a well known companion of prophet, who has transmitted maximum number of Prophet’ sayings in the books of Hadith. When he came to Madina, he was bachelor and he did not had any money or other provisions.
Such people used to live in a small Shade called “SUFFAH” adjacent to the Prophet’s mosque. They were full time devoted to learning of Quran and Islamic teachings. Prophet used to take care of their daily food, if any food was gifted to him, he would share it with them, if any thing came from charity, he would send it to them etc. ABU HURIRAH was also one of those people in start of his Islamic life. He had a very strange story to tell us:
“One day, during noon time, I felt extreme hunger and there was nothing to eat, I came out in the street, so as to meet some one and perchance he may invite me to his house and give me some food”
“I was in the street, when Abu Bakr passed by, I saluted him and asked meaning of a Quranic verse, hoping he would ask me to come with him. But he answered me and went his way. After some time, Omar passed by, I repeated the same thing to him, he also answered and went his way”
“After some time, prophet passed by, I saluted him, and asked the same question. He looked at me, smiled and asked me to follow him. We reached his house, he went inside and then invited me to come inside. He asked his wife, is there any thing to eat. He was told that there is one pitcher of milk, which was gifted to him by some one from Madina. It was a small quantity of milk sufficing for one or persons at the most. I hoped prophet would give it to me.”
“But prophet asked me to bring people of SUFFAH also. I went saying in my heart, how so many persons will drink from this pitcher, and then prophet will ask me to drink in the last. What would be my share? But I could not refuse the prophet’s command. I went and ten or so other people of SUFFAH came with me”.
“When they all sat, prophet took the pitcher, and asked me, to go and give it to the first man on my right, he took the pitcher, drank from it and gave it back to me. Then I went to next person and so on…”
“When every one had drunk from the pitcher, only myself and prophet were left. Prophet said “ABU HURIRAH, now only you and me are left” I said “Yes, O Messenger of Allah”
“He gave me the pitcher and asked me to drink from it. I drank, he asked me to drink again, He again asked me to drink…. untill I was satisfied and said “O prophet of Allah, I can not drink any more”
“Then the prophet took the pitcher, gave thanks to Allah and drank the rest of milk”
Such was the “sword of Love, compassion and Grace from Allah” with which prophet used to enslave his trusted companions for ever.
Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#8726 Nov 11, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot pregnant by 10.
... and dead of a ruptured uterus before she turned eleven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses 'seek God's Ki... 2 min SOS 196
message to kerry and chuck and jordan leaders 2 min winning war strat... 1
Ruble crisis could shake Putin's grip on power 3 min PANIC in MOSCOW 31
Suspected hijacking forces Vietnam Airlines pla... 4 min CAPMATHUIDRUEXIMD... 8
Russia threatens response to sanctions 5 min PANIC in MOSCOW 60
We'll murder police, says Real IRA (Apr '11) 7 min Lawrence James co... 216
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 7 min Shushant 1,043
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 32 min NoMo 26,622
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 38 min D_e_ath__to__tyrants 70,986