Turkey joins Saudis in showing displeasure over US policy on Syria

Oct 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Jerusalem Post

Turkey's foreign minister, Ahmet Davutoglu, said on Thursday that there was an international failure in dealing with the Syrian crisis.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Oct 30, 2013
mxlplx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The international failure was in letting the Saudis and Turks run the show to begin with.
Turk

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

The difference between the Turks , Saudis and Israel is Turkey wants to see democracy in Syria , Saudi Arabia wants to establish another dictator Arab in Syria and Israel just wants to see Syria destabilized .
mxlplx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Then why is Turkey not actively suppressing the al Qaeda-linked groups using the Turkish-Syrian border as a staging ground and safe haven?

On another note:

The Saudis sing another tune, pointing the finger at Qatar for arming the more fanatical elements in Syria.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/26/world/middl...

"In late 2012, Saudi Arabia grew frustrated with Qatar, which had been financing Islamist rebel brigades, and shifted its focus to Jordan, where it began working with the Jordanians and the C.I.A. in an effort to vet and train the more secular rebel groups. The Saudi effort was largely in the hands of Prince Bandarís younger half-brother, Prince Salman bin Sultan, with Prince Bandar supervising from Riyadh."
.
.
.
The shifting dynamics and cross-purposes of this middle east upheaval remind me of a 6-dimensional chess game, if one could exist. For the US to be involved, a practitioner in differential equations would have to run the show, not a mere politician. Maybe Obama should rehire Alan Greenspam, we all know where that might end.
William

Pulborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

These leaders are using religion to impose their own agenda,increase their influence in the region,and feed their sick ego.
This has nothing to do with democracy,it is all about self interest,money and arms sale.
Syrian

East Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 27, 2013
 
mxlplx wrote:
Then why is Turkey not actively suppressing the al Qaeda-linked groups using the Turkish-Syrian border as a staging ground and safe haven?
On another note:
The Saudis sing another tune, pointing the finger at Qatar for arming the more fanatical elements in Syria.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/26/world/middl...
"In late 2012, Saudi Arabia grew frustrated with Qatar, which had been financing Islamist rebel brigades, and shifted its focus to Jordan, where it began working with the Jordanians and the C.I.A. in an effort to vet and train the more secular rebel groups. The Saudi effort was largely in the hands of Prince Bandarís younger half-brother, Prince Salman bin Sultan, with Prince Bandar supervising from Riyadh."
.
.
.
The shifting dynamics and cross-purposes of this middle east upheaval remind me of a 6-dimensional chess game, if one could exist. For the US to be involved, a practitioner in differential equations would have to run the show, not a mere politician. Maybe Obama should rehire Alan Greenspam, we all know where that might end.
LOL!!!
Peace for all

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 29, 2013
 
You can never appease every body on every thing.But getting aboard the peace wagon is good for all.No super or big power wants to repeat the mistakes about Poland that slipped the world into bloody WW2 even when Russia and Germany had signed peace treaty but clashed into bloodiest phase of the second world war.

Today the world rejoices Putin and Obama peace wisdom that stopped the world into slipping into some mega war.

We cannot help those who are un-happy over peace around Syria.But, the vast majority that is peace lover does thank America and Russia over staying on peace course.

WE LOVE PEACE FOR ALL FAR BEYOND FOR EVER.
xyz

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 29, 2013
 
Feel bad for Obama. When he got elected he was desperate to have good relations with Arabs/Muslims. He even went to Egypt and talked and talked about how great Islam is.
Syrian

East Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 29, 2013
 
xyz wrote:
Feel bad for Obama. When he got elected he was desperate to have good relations with Arabs/Muslims. He even went to Egypt and talked and talked about how great Islam is.
Obama wanted to have good relations with everybody! Unfortunately spying on world leaders was just another one of his clueless blunders.
mxlplx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Obama wanted to have good relations with everybody!
Well then, maybe he was just spying to find out what these leaders wanted for X-mas and birthdays, so that he could yell "surprise"!

I know I appreciate that sort of thing.
CRN

Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 30, 2013
 
Syrian

East Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 30, 2013
 
mxlplx wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, maybe he was just spying to find out what these leaders wanted for X-mas and birthdays, so that he could yell "surprise"!
I know I appreciate that sort of thing.
LOL!!!
Oliver Cromwell

Cleveleys, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Turk wrote:
The difference between the Turks , Saudis and Israel is Turkey wants to see democracy in Syria , Saudi Arabia wants to establish another dictator Arab in Syria and Israel just wants to see Syria destabilized .
Turkey wants to see Democracy in Syria,what by using Terrorism,that slug Erdogan should be hung from a Tower block by the balls for what he has done.
allahu snackbar

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Turk wrote:
The difference between the Turks , Saudis and Israel is Turkey wants to see democracy in Syria , Saudi Arabia wants to establish another dictator Arab in Syria and Israel just wants to see Syria destabilized .
re malaka
turDey and democracy don't mix
.
turdey and GENOCIDES is the couple
.
NOW PAY SOME RESPECT TO YOUR GAY FATHER OF ALL TURDS
.
Dictator Mustafa Kemal Was GAY
Source: Grey Wolf, Mustafa Kemal, An Intimate Study of a Dictator
Author: H.C. Armstrong, 1933

pages 253-254:

(After divorcing Latife)

.... Then he went back to the long nights in smoke-filled rooms with his drinking friends - the "desperadoes" as they were nicknamed-his painted women and the life to which he belonged.

After that he became shameless. He drank deeper than ever. He started a number of open affairs with women, and with men. Male youth attracted him. He made advances to the wives and daughters of his supporters. Even important men sent their women-folk away from Angora out of his way.

*****

Source: Western Civilization, Islam and Muslims,
Auhor: Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi,
translated from Urdu version by Dr. Mohammad Asif Kidwai, M.A.,Ph.D.,
Academy of Islamic Research & Publications, Lucknow, 1969

page: 46

We will confine ourselves here only to the reproduction of a few extracts from his countryman and admirer, Irfan Orga, who, in his famous biography of him written in collaboration with his wife, Margaret, observes (Source: Orga, Irfan and Margaret, Ataturk, 1962, p. 246.):

..........

"He felt at home with the prostitutes and the homosexuals because they were so much worse off than he. The underlying sadism of his nature came out. He never credited people with feelings since he had none himself save the fundamental urge to conquer and see others submit to his will. He had to be at the top."
http://www.atajew.com/2000/06/gay.html

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••