WWII Jewish uprising remembered in Warsaw

Full story: Deutsche Welle

European and Israeli dignitaries and ageing survivors have marked the 70th anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated May 12, 2013
fyi

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

European and Israeli dignitaries and ageing survivors have marked the 70th anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Loved everywhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Meanwhile, the dumb Polaks were tending the toilets.
Bad Company

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Pesky army wrote:
It appears that this dumbed down German article is taylor made for Poland haters like you Pesky. Your words will one day choke you.

The accurate script of Piron's words are as follows:

Piron also spoke about the approximately 6000 Righteous Gentiles in Poland.

“In the great darkness which descended over Europe, they glowed and shone as candles in the dark, maintaining humanity and dignity," he said. "They showed us all that even in the face of evil one can stand up, occasionally even at the cost of one’s own life."
Bad Company

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

The truth is that many thousands if not millions of Poles stood straight and strong against the face of evil, and against certain death if and when the Germans caught any Pole giving shelter to a Jew. Poland was the only country where such deadly discipline was enforced.

That truth is recognized, and will echo down the centuries.
AbeUG

Bedminster, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Pesky army wrote:
Yeah that's a typical comment of a Nazi Poland-Hater like yourself.
Storm Warning

De Forest, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Bad Company wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that this dumbed down German article is taylor made for Poland haters like you Pesky. Your words will one day choke you.
The accurate script of Piron's words are as follows:
Piron also spoke about the approximately 6000 Righteous Gentiles in Poland.
“In the great darkness which descended over Europe, they glowed and shone as candles in the dark, maintaining humanity and dignity," he said. "They showed us all that even in the face of evil one can stand up, occasionally even at the cost of one’s own life."
well I could say the same thing about Hitler
Bad Company

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
well I could say the same thing about Hitler
Perhaps so, it's fair to say that Mrs Hitler's dearest child developed into what may be referred to nowadays as a Poland Hater, therefore this article could well have also been penned in such a way as to encourage a hate speech against the Poles, as opposed to quoting Piron accurately and getting a heroic impression of the Poles.

Given sufficient bias and hatred it's quite easy to portray right as wrong, hot as cold etc. Hence my reason for looking up the verbatim statement made, and adding it to this post for future reference.

So I am in agreement with your statement.
Secret Squirrels

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Why the nuts and dim lights ... it's fair to say the Schicklgrubers were Poland haters ...no?

Since: May 13

Croydon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Check this http://translate.google.com/translate...
Secret Hoard of Nuts

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Polack wrote:
Indeed.

WWII was very profitable for the Germans and their partners. Poland will rise again though, and in a very decent sort of way. Of that I have no doubt.
The Iron Dicktator

Crna Gora, Montenegro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Secret Hoard of Nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
WWII was very profitable for the Germans and their partners. Poland will rise again though, and in a very decent sort of way. Of that I have no doubt.
WW2 was victory for the Jews!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••