CIA Drones Killed Over 2,000, Mostly Civilians in Pakistan Since 2006

Jan 31, 2011 | Posted by: Abu Najda | Full story: news.antiwar.com

A new report from the Conflict Monitoring Centre has reported that 2,043 Pakistanis have been slain in CIA drone strikes in the past 5 years, with the vast majority of them innocent civilians.

Comments (Page 38)

Showing posts 741 - 760 of990
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 13

Bristol, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a nice defense, but it isn't the reality of most Islamic belief today. I know a young girl in college who recently became Muslim. She has a little dog she keeps that she has raised for birth. The people in her mosque are constantly pressuring her to get rid of the dog because it is supposely against the teachings of the quran.
Now, if that is wrong, according to you, why should we trust any Muslim interpretation of the quran? What you say and what is being practiced are two different things.
And if what you say is true, then the quran is wrong when it says it has been written to be easily understood. The dog issue alone is proof of that.
I have given you the Islamic viewpoint on this topic with a quote from the Quran and also from Hadith's I do not know what else I can do. As far as your case study is concerned, I have said that it is frowned upon and discouraged to keep a dog inside your home that is probably why the members of the mosque are pressuring her to rid of it, but it is not once permissible to kill or abuse the animal as you had stated before.
Where has the Quran said it is easy to read? The Quran was revealed in Arabic 14 centuries ago and during this time the Arabic language has evolved and changed so much, that if you go to any Arabic speaking nation and try to speak according to the Quran no-one would understand you.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

True Tamil Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Dimwit, have a look at the most recent fiscal year (2012) on the appropriation of foreign aid. Between Pakistan and Egypt alone, they received half-a-billion more than Eretz Yisrael.....and this is all AFTER Pakistan had showed their true colors to America re: Osama and Egypt had deposed of the American puppet Mubarak to elect a Jew-hating Islamist government in substitute.
Oh, and I didn't even mention Iraq or Afghanistan for the sake of fairness...
I just asked you to give me a proof of evidence not from a Republican,Hill Billy,Texan right wing newspaper, what ever those right wing liars preach I aint believe, I SAID BRING ME THE EVIDENCE FROM A NEUTRAL NEWSPAPER,coz I have searched this proof and I couldn't find it unless you can do better? Instead of digging up shit from a right winged newspaper which is only going to be biased!

basically I am asking give me this EVIDENCE FROM ANOTHER NEWSPAPER, not a Hill Billy Red Neck Greedy Oil Grabing Bushes Texan Ranch Newspaper, only thick right winged people like you seem to look at such articles because it proves your EXTREMIST TAMIL VIEWS!

If you can bring me evidence of an article from a newspaper that is not in a Red Neck Area where it supports their biased views.

GIVE YOUR EVIDENCE FROM A NEUTRAL NEWSPAPER!

not some sort of a hill billy from a Texan Ranch!

Bristol, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then my statement is correct, the quran denies the divinity of Jesus Christ. That alone is enough for me to reject it as a word, or message of God.
<quoted text>
So when are Muslims going to change their current views? Because I don't see any changes coming anytime soon. Yet the people who abusing women today in the name of Allah consider themselves as much true followers of the prophet as you do. Why aren't they getting the real message? The one you just stated? Why aren't the Muslims who have your point of view speaking out against those who are misusing or misunderstanding the quran? What is being done to these women is being done in the name of Islam.
<quoted text>
You do understand that is in part due to Chinese law that forbids couples from having more than one child? I'm not agreeing with them, just pointing that out. I think that is as disgusting as honor killings and FGM.
To be continued...
Sure you do not have to share the same beliefs as me all I am trying to do is clear the misconceptions you have about Islam, i'm not trying to convert you to being a Muslim.

You have questioned the Quran and I have given you evidence of the Quran not prescribing or allowing such a act I cannot be held liable for the actions of the people who follow the same religion as me, and may I ask you who beats women in the name of Allah? I have heard of people who follow Islam and beat women, but never heard of anyone beating a women in the name of Allah. To be honest I don't know why they are not getting the message.

Yes I know China plays a role in this, but I meant countries such as Pakistan, India and Bangladesh these countries have 2nd, 3rd and 4th highest Muslim population in the world. As I have said honour killings and FGM are more to do with culture not religion, in south asia honour killing also happen in Sikhism and Hinduism and female genital mutilation occurs all over the African continent, all I am trying to say is these acts are more to do with the culture and history rather than religion

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

True Tamil Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can post half-baked articles from random sources in order to conveniently suit your argument....yet cry foul when I post a Republican column to support mine? LMAO.
Double-standards Muslimah.
If you look closely at those links they are actually American Article and my previous sources were based from European Sites, so what's your point?

Yes Double Standards for you Tamil Right Winged Extremist Turd!

World opinion has changed,just by looking at the UN results for Palestine state!

This the best evidence you have in front of your face!

people are not Blind and Stupid like your Bum Chums the Americans.

“I've been declawed!”

Since: Jan 12

McMaster....b*tches

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

The Bengal Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
I just asked you to give me a proof of evidence not from a Republican,Hill Billy,Texan right wing newspaper, what ever those right wing liars preach I aint believe, I SAID BRING ME THE EVIDENCE FROM A NEUTRAL NEWSPAPER,coz I have searched this proof and I couldn't find it unless you can do better? Instead of digging up shit from a right winged newspaper which is only going to be biased!
basically I am asking give me this EVIDENCE FROM ANOTHER NEWSPAPER, not a Hill Billy Red Neck Greedy Oil Grabing Bushes Texan Ranch Newspaper, only thick right winged people like you seem to look at such articles because it proves your EXTREMIST TAMIL VIEWS!
If you can bring me evidence of an article from a newspaper that is not in a Red Neck Area where it supports their biased views.
GIVE YOUR EVIDENCE FROM A NEUTRAL NEWSPAPER!
not some sort of a hill billy from a Texan Ranch!
http://foreignassistance.gov/countryIntro.asp...

No news article necessary...a compilation of data can suffice.

BTW I'm not an extremist, just a realist.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Mr Tamil!

How can it be half Baked when its showing you the evidence the pictures of American Terrorism!

Can you show me some pictures and evidence, when these countries go to America and cause deformities with their WMD?

that is if they have any, which latter on found that Sadam didn't have any.

Bristol, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care(though I disagree) what is the reality today? Christians being killed, outlawed, raped, burned out of their homes and churches were ever there is a Muslim majority.
Why would anyone want or desire to join such evil? Group pressure seems to have more influnce that your holy book.
"The Jews and Christians say:'We are the children of God and His loved ones.' Say:'Why then does He punish you for your sins?" (Surah 5:18)
"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)
"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)
"Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians]...until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:27-)
"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)
"Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home." (Surah 9:73)
"Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another." (Surah 48:29)
Well you asked for the Islamic view point on it and I gave you a direct quote from the Quran, can't do much more now can I? As I have said before Muslims fail to live according to the Quran and there actions cannot be pinned on Islam.
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world so clearly something must appeal to the thousands or millions (not sure which) that decide to embrace it each and every day.

I am not sure who has directed you to these quotes but I would like point out that three of them are completely fabricated the three fabricated quotes are:
"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)
"Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians]...until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:27-)
"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)

From the numbers you have provided me with these are the actual quotes:
Indeed, those who disbelieve spend their wealth to avert [people] from the way of Allah . So they will spend it; then it will be for them a [source of] regret; then they will be overcome. And those who have disbelieved - unto Hell they will be gathered.(Surah 8:26)
Then after that Allah will accept the repentance of whom He will. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.(Surah 9:27)
Nor do they spend anything (in Allah's Cause)- small or great - nor cross a valley, but is written to their credit, that Allah may recompense them with the best of what they used to do (i.e. Allah will reward their good deeds according to the reward of their best deeds which they did in the most perfect manner).(Surah 9:121)

As I have proven these three as invalid let's move onto the other four verses you have quoted:
"The Jews and Christians say:'We are the children of God and His loved ones.' Say:'Why then does He punish you for your sins?" (Surah 5:18)
Why haven't you quoted the full verse? the following is the full verse:
the Jews and the Christians say: "We are sons of Allah, and his beloved." Say: "Why then doth He punish you for your sins? Nay, ye are but men,- of the men he hath created: He forgiveth whom He pleaseth, and He punisheth whom He pleaseth: and to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all)" (Surah 5:18)

Look at my next post for the rest of your answers.

“I've been declawed!”

Since: Jan 12

McMaster....b*tches

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The Bengal Tiger wrote:
Mr Tamil!
How can it be half Baked when its showing you the evidence the pictures of American Terrorism!
Can you show me some pictures and evidence, when these countries go to America and cause deformities with their WMD?
that is if they have any, which latter on found that Sadam didn't have any.
Of course it can. A bunch of graphic images doesn't mean its a credible publication ultimately. At the end of the day, its still just an internet blog...

Don't get me wrong.....the content of those images are tragedies nonetheless....but they are the unintended consequences of any armed conflict.

Its not equatable with Hezbollah militants blowing of Jewish community centers in South America....knowing full well all involved were civilians/non-combatants.

Bristol, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Yet again this is not the full verse, the full verse is as follows:
[O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust.]
and the answer to this is the following , the word "Awliya" is used. It is a plural and its singular is "wali". The correct translation of the word ""wali"" is not "friend" but it is someone who is very close and intimate. It is also used to mean "guardian, protector, patron, lord and master".

In the Qur'an this word is used for God, such as [Allah is the Protector (or Lord and Master) of those who believe. He takes them out from the depths of darkness to light…](Al- Baqarah 2: 257)

There are many other references in the Qur'an that give this meaning. The same word is also sometimes used in the Qur'an for human beings, such as [And whosoever is killed unjustly, We have granted his next kin "wali" the authority (to seek judgement or punishment in this case)…](Al-‘Isra' 17 :33)

The correct translation of the verse in Surat Al-Ma’idah is:[O you who believe! Do not take Jews and Christians as your patrons. They are patrons of their own people. He among you who will turn to them for patronage is one of them. Verily Allah guides not a people unjust.](Al-Ma'dah 5: 51)

"Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home." (Surah 9:73)
You have to keep in mind that the Quran was revealed in small sections and each section would look at one of the problems the Muslims were suffering in that particular time frame when The third discourse (vv. 73-I 29) was revealed on the prophets return from the Campaign of Tabuk. There are some pieces in this discourse that were sent down on different occasions during the same period and were afterwards consolidated by the Holy Prophet into the Surah in accordance with inspiration from Allah. But this caused no interruption in its continuity because they dealt with the same subject and formed part of the same series of events. This discourse warns the hypocrites of their evil deeds and rebukes those Believers who had stayed behind in the Campaign of Tabuk. Then after taking them to task, Allah pardons those true Believers who had not taken part in the Jihad in the Way of Allah for one reason or the other. Chronologically, the first discourse should have come last; but being the most important of the three in regard to its subject-matter, it was placed first in the order of compilation, it was revealed at a time when the Muslims were weak and would have been killed if they did not retaliate, the same goes for the verse "Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another." (Surah 48:29) If you want more in depth information on this verse here is a link as to why it was revealed because I am running out of words
http://www.alim.org/library/quran/surah/intro...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

True Tamil Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it can. A bunch of graphic images doesn't mean its a credible publication ultimately. At the end of the day, its still just an internet blog...
Don't get me wrong.....the content of those images are tragedies nonetheless....but they are the unintended consequences of any armed conflict.
Its not equatable with Hezbollah militants blowing of Jewish community centers in South America....knowing full well all involved were civilians/non-combatants.
You are such a fuking IGNORAMUS!

they are not graphical images they are picture kids with deformities by American WMD!

I said can you show me some pictures of American Kids with deformities with the after affects of WMD!

NO YOU CAN'T !

SO LIVE IN YOUR LITTLE NARROW MINDED WORLD OF MASS DESTRUCTION!

AND KEEP ON DELUDING YOURSELF FOR EVER!

NO MATTER HOW MUCH EVIDENCE I GIVE YOU WILL NOT ACKNOWLEDGE IT!

SO THERE FORE, LIKE I SAID BEFORE THEIR IS NO POINT EDUCATING A RIGHT WINGED EXTREMIST TAMIL NEANDERTHAL!

OFF COURSE YOU BELIEVE IN VIOLENCE AND BOMBS YOU GUYS WERE THE 1ST PIONEERS OF INTRODUCING SUICIDE BOMBS TO INDIA!

BOMBS ARE YOUR GODS
Panjabian Di Shaan Vakhri

Donvale, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

atheist infidel-cartooni wrote:
re thread title... They were muslims right ?... No harm, no foul.... Go Drones...
u think its funny dont u, showing ur true colours.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Mohammedr51 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have given you the Islamic viewpoint on this topic with a quote from the Quran and also from Hadith's I do not know what else I can do. As far as your case study is concerned, I have said that it is frowned upon and discouraged to keep a dog inside your home that is probably why the members of the mosque are pressuring her to rid of it, but it is not once permissible to kill or abuse the animal as you had stated before.
Where has the Quran said it is easy to read? The Quran was revealed in Arabic 14 centuries ago and during this time the Arabic language has evolved and changed so much, that if you go to any Arabic speaking nation and try to speak according to the Quran no-one would understand you.
"We have made the Qur'an easy in your language so that they may take heed it." (Qur'an 44:58)

Allah said:

“And We have indeed made the Qur’an easy to understand and remember, then is there any that will remember (or receive admonition)?(Qur’an 54:17)

In another Verse, Allah said:

“So We have made this (the Qur’an) easy in your own tongue (O Muhammad), only that you may give glad tidings to the Muttaqun [pious and righteous persons who fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained), and warn with it the Ludda (the most quarrelsome) people,”(Qur’an 19:97)

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Mohammedr51 wrote:
Yet again this is not the full verse, the full verse is as follows:
[O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust.]
and the answer to this is the following , the word "Awliya" is used. It is a plural and its singular is "wali". The correct translation of the word ""wali"" is not "friend" but it is someone who is very close and intimate. It is also used to mean "guardian, protector, patron, lord and master".
In the Qur'an this word is used for God, such as [Allah is the Protector (or Lord and Master) of those who believe. He takes them out from the depths of darkness to light…](Al- Baqarah 2: 257)
There are many other references in the Qur'an that give this meaning. The same word is also sometimes used in the Qur'an for human beings, such as [And whosoever is killed unjustly, We have granted his next kin "wali" the authority (to seek judgement or punishment in this case)…](Al-‘Isra' 17 :33)
The correct translation of the verse in Surat Al-Ma’idah is:[O you who believe! Do not take Jews and Christians as your patrons. They are patrons of their own people. He among you who will turn to them for patronage is one of them. Verily Allah guides not a people unjust.](Al-Ma'dah 5: 51)
If the word should be "patron", why isn't it? How does that help?
You have to keep in mind that the Quran was revealed in small sections and each section would look at one of the problems the Muslims were suffering in that particular time frame when The third discourse (vv. 73-I 29) was revealed on the prophets return from the Campaign of Tabuk. There are some pieces in this discourse that were sent down on different occasions during the same period and were afterwards consolidated by the Holy Prophet into the Surah in accordance with inspiration from Allah. But this caused no interruption in its continuity because they dealt with the same subject and formed part of the same series of events. This discourse warns the hypocrites of their evil deeds and rebukes those Believers who had stayed behind in the Campaign of Tabuk. Then after taking them to task, Allah pardons those true Believers who had not taken part in the Jihad in the Way of Allah for one reason or the other. Chronologically, the first discourse should have come last; but being the most important of the three in regard to its subject-matter, it was placed first in the order of compilation, it was revealed at a time when the Muslims were weak and would have been killed if they did not retaliate, the same goes for the verse "Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another." (Surah 48:29) If you want more in depth information on this verse here is a link as to why it was revealed because I am running out of words
http://www.alim.org/library/quran/surah/intro...
I will read it and get back to you.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

The Bengal Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a fuking IGNORAMUS!
they are not graphical images they are picture kids with deformities by American WMD!
I said can you show me some pictures of American Kids with deformities with the after affects of WMD!
NO YOU CAN'T !
SO LIVE IN YOUR LITTLE NARROW MINDED WORLD OF MASS DESTRUCTION!
AND KEEP ON DELUDING YOURSELF FOR EVER!
NO MATTER HOW MUCH EVIDENCE I GIVE YOU WILL NOT ACKNOWLEDGE IT!
SO THERE FORE, LIKE I SAID BEFORE THEIR IS NO POINT EDUCATING A RIGHT WINGED EXTREMIST TAMIL NEANDERTHAL!
OFF COURSE YOU BELIEVE IN VIOLENCE AND BOMBS YOU GUYS WERE THE 1ST PIONEERS OF INTRODUCING SUICIDE BOMBS TO INDIA!
BOMBS ARE YOUR GODS
When I see some idiot posting in capitol letters like this, I see a person who has lost the argument before they even began. Truth bitch slapped you didn't it, Bagel?

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Mohammedr51 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you asked for the Islamic view point on it and I gave you a direct quote from the Quran, can't do much more now can I? As I have said before Muslims fail to live according to the Quran and there actions cannot be pinned on Islam.
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world so clearly something must appeal to the thousands or millions (not sure which) that decide to embrace it each and every day.
I am not sure who has directed you to these quotes but I would like point out that three of them are completely fabricated the three fabricated quotes are:
From the numbers you have provided me with these are the actual quotes:
Indeed, those who disbelieve spend their wealth to avert [people] from the way of Allah . So they will spend it; then it will be for them a [source of] regret; then they will be overcome. And those who have disbelieved - unto Hell they will be gathered.(Surah 8:26)
Then after that Allah will accept the repentance of whom He will. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.(Surah 9:27)
Nor do they spend anything (in Allah's Cause)- small or great - nor cross a valley, but is written to their credit, that Allah may recompense them with the best of what they used to do (i.e. Allah will reward their good deeds according to the reward of their best deeds which they did in the most perfect manner).(Surah 9:121)

They are not fabricated, just misnumbered: I have already found 2 of the correct number:
9:29 Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.
9:123 O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).

I hope you weren't trying to play me for a fool.

[QUOTE]As I have proven these three as invalid let's move onto the other four verses you have quoted:
Why haven't you quoted the full verse? the following is the full verse:
the Jews and the Christians say: "We are sons of Allah, and his beloved." Say: "Why then doth He punish you for your sins? Nay, ye are but men,- of the men he hath created: He forgiveth whom He pleaseth, and He punisheth whom He pleaseth: and to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all)" (Surah 5:18)
Look at my next post for the rest of your answers.
That I understand better the meaning.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

This part of my post got lost:

They are not fabricated, just misnumbered: I have already found 2 of the correct number:
9:29 Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.
9:123 O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).

I hope you weren't trying to play me for a fool.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
When I see some idiot posting in capitol letters like this, I see a person who has lost the argument before they even began. Truth bitch slapped you didn't it, Bagel?
you are just ranting like a 60 pensioner who hates people!

with your own biased views with no proof or facts of your argument, what so ever, just spreading American Propaganda you behave like a spoilt 3 year old for a 60 year!

Mohamed has shown you facts and proofs he is only a 17 year old who actually behaves a billion times more than you.

your arguments are base less!

Like "ex pat" says' did the Vietnam war affect you in the 60s?

I suppose this explains you madness!

so how many did you kill during the war, I suppose you are very proud of this as well!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

correction

Mohammed behaves a billion times more MATURE than you!

and for your information he knows the Quaran like the back of his hands!

I'm sure he will come back with the real facts to your argument!

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Mohammedr51 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you do not have to share the same beliefs as me all I am trying to do is clear the misconceptions you have about Islam, i'm not trying to convert you to being a Muslim.
You have questioned the Quran and I have given you evidence of the Quran not prescribing or allowing such a act I cannot be held liable for the actions of the people who follow the same religion as me, and may I ask you who beats women in the name of Allah? I have heard of people who follow Islam and beat women, but never heard of anyone beating a women in the name of Allah. To be honest I don't know why they are not getting the message.
Yes I know China plays a role in this, but I meant countries such as Pakistan, India and Bangladesh these countries have 2nd, 3rd and 4th highest Muslim population in the world. As I have said honour killings and FGM are more to do with culture not religion, in south asia honour killing also happen in Sikhism and Hinduism and female genital mutilation occurs all over the African continent, all I am trying to say is these acts are more to do with the culture and history rather than religion
Muslims who disagree with you:

There is one Hadith in the collection of Sunan Abu Dawud which claims that Mohammed approved of the practice for girls. Book 41 (Kitab Al-Adab or "General Behavior"), Hadith 5251 states:“Narrated Umm Atiyyah al-Ansariyyah: A woman used to perform circumcision in Medina. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said to her: Do not cut severely as that is better for a woman and more desirable for a husband”.

Though Sunan Abu Dawud is not regarded as "sahih" or "authentic" in the manner of the Hadith collections of Bukhari and Muslim, the above Hadith is often quoted by Islamic scholars as a justification for FGM. The "spiritual leader" of the Muslim Brotherhood is Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi. He has stated: "It is reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said to a midwife:'Reduce the size of the clitoris but do not exceed the limit, for that is better for her health and is preferred by husbands'. The hadith indicates that circumcision is better for a woman's health and it enhances her conjugal relation with her husband. It's noteworthy that the Prophet's saying 'do not exceed the limit' means do not totally remove the clitoris... Anyhow, it is not obligatory, whoever finds it serving the interest of his daughters should do it, and I personally support this under the current circumstances in the modern world."

http://www.islam-watch.org/AdrianMorgan/Women...

Ahmad ibn Hanbal, quotes Muhammed as saying:“Circumcision is a law for men and a preservation of honour for women?”

Sheikh Muhammad Sayyed Tantawi of Egypt’s Al-Azhar University has called circumcision “a laudable practice that did honor to women.”

I'm sure I can find plenty of more Islamic support if I looked.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

The Bengal Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
you are just ranting like a 60 pensioner who hates people!
with your own biased views with no proof or facts of your argument, what so ever, just spreading American Propaganda you behave like a spoilt 3 year old for a 60 year!
Mohamed has shown you facts and proofs he is only a 17 year old who actually behaves a billion times more than you.
your arguments are base less!
Like "ex pat" says' did the Vietnam war affect you in the 60s?
I suppose this explains you madness!
so how many did you kill during the war, I suppose you are very proud of this as well!
What does that have to do with you acting like an idiot? Yes, Mohammad is mature, and I'm treating him as such, unlike you. You could learn a lot from him, like how to act like an human being. He gives signs there may be hope for Islam of becoming civilized, you give reason why we should keep on with the killing. It is a fact your type of behavior represents more Muslims then his.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 741 - 760 of990
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the World News Forum right now

Search the World News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 3 min MUQ1 36,388
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 min HINDUSTINK Trolls Busters 353,410
Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who ... 6 min National Front 1,454
Rising Alarm at Australia's Asylum Seeker Returns 6 min Karpamuchi 82
Obama offers US help negotiating Israel cease-fire 11 min idiot 43
American Teen Brutally Beaten by Israeli Police... 13 min voice of peace 6
Albania-Kosovo military agreement raises concer... (Jul '13) 15 min Finishing Touches 2,851
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••