Brit developer jailed in visa fraud scheme

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

A British developer living in Osceola County made his first appearance in Orlando federal court Monday after his arrest on a charge of conspiracy to commit visa fraud.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,648
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
investors friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2007

There is an even bigger story with more crooks to be arrested, if someone looks into the mortgage fraud and embezzlement. The same people were robbed again when their construction money and land down payments started disappearing. Someone should look into this side of the business.
Eric Talbot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2007

These people have ruined countless families hopes of a future in the US.

I am a relation of one family, and have seen the hurt and destruction caused by Barrett and Leggett.

Mortgage embezzelment and visa fraud committed by scumbags to innocent families
John

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2007

In our research to see how to move to Florida we met with a man called Eric Hallam from Royal Developments, it seemed a very plausible scheme. We took advice from our realtor/management company in Florida and didn't pursue it. I find it hard to believe that someone would take another persons hard earned money in this way. I hope the American courts can seize his assets and reimburse the defrauded investors some how.
victim

Peterborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2007

being a victim of the leggetts in the uk from his bankrupt window company which is where he got the money to go to the us and rip off people over there can somebody keep us informed as to what happens to the little shit or if he gets away with it again as he probably will he will probably laught at you lot the same as he did us id love to see a picture of him now in shackles ha bloody ha
victim

Peterborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2007

can anybody let me have details of where the little shit is being held or is he out already i would love to send him a letter to let him know how sorry i feel for him ha ha ha
happy

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2007

I know a number of Rick and Mick's victims, all of them innocents who put their lives and dreams in the hands of men with no redeeming value. But they did not operate alone, the digging needs to go deeper where unethical realtors several of them fellow brits, and mortgage brokers commited mortgage fraud, all the while hamstringing their clients who could not work to support themselves as their money drained away.

All of them despicable.
HAYLEY - UK

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2007

victim wrote:
can anybody let me have details of where the little shit is being held or is he out already i would love to send him a letter to let him know how sorry i feel for him ha ha ha
ORANGE COUNTY JAIL BABY !!!!!!! YIPEE
u know me hayley

Peterborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2007

HAYLEY - UK wrote:
Both Mick & Katrina deserves ALL that they get and more !
They are BOTH guilty, I don't supose for one minuet only he spent the money ??!!
Ive know Mick Leggett since 1985 - I was once his wife. He left me when I was 6 months pregnant ( does this despicable deed suprise you ?) he left me for the recently widdowed Katrina - she turned his life support machine off on or arround the 2nd Nov 91 and the fatithful husband Mick moved in on 22nd Nov - this people tells you exactly what kind of people mick & wife katrina are like. And of course 15 years later not a penny in maintenance money ( but does that suprise you either ?)
ROT IN HELL LEGGETT !
you forgot to mention that you actually were having an affair with mick while working with him i was then at home with his four young children. seems to have slipped your mind . i remember you laughing when my children and i were left homeless so dont be a hipacrit and i warned you about him at the time
a friend

Peterborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2007

hi sparky who are you are you related to mick and trina? and hayley if you are reading this mick was not with you at the time he went with katrina and he didnt move in hers as soon as you say he did he was not even going with her untill a while after her hubbys death get a life girl move on
billy bob thornton

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2007

a friend wrote:
hi sparky who are you are you related to mick and trina? and hayley if you are reading this mick was not with you at the time he went with katrina and he didnt move in hers as soon as you say he did he was not even going with her untill a while after her hubbys death get a life girl move on
think you lot are all talking shit ,distorting the real truth , just worried about bitching
billy bob thornton

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2007

those who know the real truth knows what has realy gone on in the past
bad teeth

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2007

Judged:

I love you english folks. Your spelling is terrible and some of your words Im still learning to affix to certain sayings or meanings.
First off, Mick is a scumbag, truly morally and spiritually bankrupt...but thats ok because 4 seconds after his heart stops beating he will be overcome with sadness and regret it all.
At least he is in the can as we yankees call it. And trust me, those big scary blacks will love his petite arse and cute little accent!
Chris Barrett was in on it to the max. I worked with those two idiots and saw it all first hand. I heard the conversations, I saw the liens on all the homes, I heard the subcontractors complaints etc etc etc.
And now?...I will NEVER get involved with ANY British person in ANY way whatsoever. Im even tempted sometimes to randomly punch people in the throat that sound english. I do apologize, I know thats not right. But in all my years of being a businessman Ive never seen people so ruthless and self centered and heartless.
chris Barrett resides in harmony, FL at 7013 Five Oaks Drive. Its a great big 2 story, in law suite, with pool and garage and of course, was built right on schedule with no delays and no money skimmed off the top! welcome to America!
a friend

Peterborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2007

Judged:

you should all listen to yourselves i have known mick for a lot of years and he has never done any wrong to me ok maybe he has done wrong to a lot of people in the past for which i am sure he may pay for now but lets not forget mick and katrina were not the only ones involved and lets not forget that they also have kids to worry about the same as most of us have and they also need some consideration it isnt their fault so chin up kids if you are reading this and good luck mick and katrina
bad teeth

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2007

Judged:

round 2.
I was once told by one of the investors that English people are cold and think small, but when they come here to vacation to disney, they see loads of potential and sunny weather and straight uncapped teeth, well at least for the most part!
Im wondering if anyones got any juice on Butterfield, I know he was an enemy of Micks when he stood up and demanded that the money be acounted for.
I remember mick and Chris used to swear by the church of england and the queen. there you have it...two things that certainly represent evil. Its a shame Princess Di had to be "wacked" because she was pregnant with a Muslums baby...so sad but normalcy in the world we live in today. She was the only thing english I loved...besides the Dyson vacuum! How did this english poison seep onto American soil?
oh well at least one of them is in jail and the other's probably nervous as all hell that his ship is goin down next! What a feeling to wake up to every morning.
And what about Mark Hallett, the latest British investor that is (or was)using his own $ to finance royal (now Suburban construction). Anyone know anything about him?
Bend it Like Beckham!
a friend

Peterborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2007

Judged:

hey bad teeth thats a bad mouth you have
maybe somebody could do the world a favor and wack you small minded prick case of BIG MOUTH SMALL PENIS
bad teeth

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2007

ya I know. the bad mouth thing. thats not right.
Its funny now Im researching my english roots with some of my older family. Perhaps Im related to Mick?
I must say all English arent bad. all anyone arent bad.
But my dealings with them have ruined it before it began.
They ripped me off, I did some work for them. And coincidently, everyone else I knew that worked for them....got ripped off!
It just didnt seem to be true. He did have balls that Mick. Balls ye steel.
I know for real...that theres no feeling quite like a prison cell door slamming.
God save us all.
redneck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2007

a friend wrote:
hey bad teeth thats a bad mouth you have
maybe somebody could do the world a favor and wack you small minded prick case of BIG MOUTH SMALL PENIS
Badteeth, how do you know Barret in on all this? did you work in the office or are you owed through subcontracting?
victim

Peterborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2007

he bad teeth do you know if he is out on bail yet
and if he isnt is there any way i contact him or katrina he may be a bad arse but we were mates once would like ta know how hes doing
Honest Joe

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2007

Lynne Woods wrote:
I have a British friend who was also scammed by Mick Leggett. She and her chldren were deported back to the UK. What I don't understand is why didn't these "investors" question the fact that Mick went from one luxury car to another every couple of months, travelled back and forth to the UK repeatedly "looking for new investors"? He built a multi million dollar home for himself but the investors couldn't see that no homes for sale were going up? I feel deeply for these people but they got in it of their own free will, unfortunately they got taken. If they are still in the US illegally because their visas didn't come through, I say, with heartfelt sympathy, send them home and let them take it up in the courts in the country where they did business and perhaps have a contract with Mick and fight it out in the courts over there.
Lynne Woods you’re talking through your rear! The Leggett "investors" that are still in Florida are here LEGALLY. In most cases they did business here so are taking action in the US courts. Your "friend" was having it off with Leggett and was complicit in the fraud and scam until she herself was ripped off. Leggett did not build a "multi-million dollar home". He paid $561,000 for it. What makes you think he was deported? He wasn't! 20:20 hindsight is easy, we all have it, but there were NO signs or bad references to be found when most of these investors paid their money. So if you can't get your facts right, I would suggest you mind your own business.
Honest Joe

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2007

R G CROOKS wrote:
I HAVE KNOW AND WORKED WITH MICK IN THE UK AND WE WERE AND ARE I THINK MATES UNTILL HE DONE A RUNNER TO THE US AND THEN WE LOST CONTACT DOES ANY BODY KNOW WHERE I CAN WRITE TO HIM OR OF A EMAIL ADDRESS SO I COULD SPEAK TO KATRINA WHO I AM SURE IF YOU ASK HER SHE WILL KNOW AND CONFIRM THAT I AM A FRIEND
R G Crooks (aptly named if you are a friend of Leggett I assume) You might catch up with the scum bag at Orange County Jail if your quick, otherwise he will probably be spending a very long time in a Federal Penitentiary, hopefully in the company of a big fat ugly S.O.B. with a passion for short poncey men with died black hair. For the time being at least, Katrina is still at home at 6132 Waterfield Way, Saint Cloud, Florida.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,648
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the World News Forum right now

Search the World News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 min topgirl 324,117
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min petesake 109,575
U.S. Department of State Sports Envoys Edna Cam... 5 min Sinhala Tamil unity 1
Sri Lankan government denies allegations that M... 11 min Sinhala Tamil unity 1
5 Ways The U.S. Can Respond To Russia Invading ... 11 min rio 1,491
Vietnam to Withdraw as Host of 2019 Asian Games 17 min seeing to believing 1
Croat, Serb organisations urge reconciliation 17 min pocahontas 4,577
•••
•••