'The War Is Not Over'

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept. Full Story
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#287947 May 20, 2013
I love Inferior Races wrote:
<quoted text>Democracy is biggest Lie in Human History
The Constitution 101:

In the Federalist Papers it said: We were not going to have a monarchy, and we were not going to have a democracy.$$$$$$$

And to this day we have neither. For two hundred years we have had an oligarchical system in which men of property can do well (Dumbya Bush), and others are on their own.$$$$$$$

American politics is essentially a family affair, as are most oligarchies. When the father of the Constitution, James Madison, was asked how on earth any business could get done in Congress when the country contained 100 million people whose representatives would number half a thousand, Madison took the line that oligarchy's iron law always obtains: A few people invariably run the show; and keep it, if they can, in the family.$$$$$$$

Our founding fathers had such a fear and loathing of democracy that they invented the Electoral College so that the popular voice of the people could be throttled, much as the Supreme Court throttled the Floridians on December 12, 2000.$$$$$$$

We were to be neither a democracy, subject to majoritarian tyranny, nor a dictatorship, subject to Caesarean folly.$$$$$$$

As American media is controlled by that corporate America which provides us with political candidates a well-informed electorate is not possible.$$$$$$$

==========

"We can have democracy in this country or we can have great concentrated wealth in the hands of a few, but we cannot have both."

--Louis Brandeis
Supreme Court Justice

"The two greatest obstacles to democracy in the United States are, first, the widespread delusion among the poor that we have a democracy, and second, the chronic terror among the rich, lest we get it."

--Edward Dowling
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#287948 May 20, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly religious garbage!
History proves the Garden of Eden was in Iraq.
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#287949 May 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I think you are talking more from emotional outburst than reason and logic.
The Gospel of John is not the one to base your faith on. The writer puts his own word and thoughts in the mouth of Jesus.
Jesus as depicted in the Gospel of John is totally different from what we find in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke.
Why only Jesus, souls of all Prophets and even every human being were existing before Abraham came into the world.
You are trying to read too much into the OT books and mixing Paul's logic into it.
Jesus was a human prophet, created by a special miracle of God. He did not become God and never was God.
God does not change forms and come as Jesus, this is Hindu Philosophy of God taking human form.
MUQ my friend,

You cannot have it both ways.

Either JESUS was a liar and a fraud, OR, HE was GOD came down from Heaven and born of a virgin.

==========

Matthew 1:1-17

The Genealogy of Jesus the Messiah

1 This is the genealogy[a] of Jesus the Messiah[b] the son of David, the son of Abraham:

2 Abraham was the father of Isaac,

Isaac the father of Jacob,

Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers,

3 Judah the father of Perez and Zerah, whose mother was Tamar,

Perez the father of Hezron,

Hezron the father of Ram,

4 Ram the father of Amminadab,

Amminadab the father of Nahshon,

Nahshon the father of Salmon,

5 Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab,

Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth,

Obed the father of Jesse,

6 and Jesse the father of King David.

David was the father of Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah’s wife,

7 Solomon the father of Rehoboam,

Rehoboam the father of Abijah,

Abijah the father of Asa,

8 Asa the father of Jehoshaphat,

Jehoshaphat the father of Jehoram,

Jehoram the father of Uzziah,

9 Uzziah the father of Jotham,

Jotham the father of Ahaz,

Ahaz the father of Hezekiah,

10 Hezekiah the father of Manasseh,

Manasseh the father of Amon,

Amon the father of Josiah,

11 and Josiah the father of Jeconiah[c] and his brothers at the time of the exile to Babylon.

12 After the exile to Babylon:

Jeconiah was the father of Shealtiel,

Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel,

13 Zerubbabel the father of Abihud,

Abihud the father of Eliakim,

Eliakim the father of Azor,

14 Azor the father of Zadok,

Zadok the father of Akim,

Akim the father of Elihud,

15 Elihud the father of Eleazar,

Eleazar the father of Matthan,

Matthan the father of Jacob,

16 and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.

17 Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Messiah.

=========

Matthew 22:41-46

Whose Son Is the Messiah?

41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?”

“The son of David,” they replied.

43 He said to them,“How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,

44 “‘The Lord said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet.”’[e]

45 If then David calls him ‘Lord,’ how can he be his son?” 46 No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#287950 May 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
The Gospel of John is not the one to base your faith on. The writer puts his own word and thoughts in the mouth of Jesus.
Jesus as depicted in the Gospel of John is totally different from what we find in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke.
Why only Jesus, souls of all Prophets and even every human being were existing before Abraham came into the world.
You are trying to read too much into the OT books and mixing Paul's logic into it.
Jesus was a human prophet, created by a special miracle of God. He did not become God and never was God.
God does not change forms and come as Jesus, this is Hindu Philosophy of God taking human form.
MUQ, I am trying too be logical by understanding the scriptures.

The gospel of John is not different than the 3 others.

==========

Mark 3:1-5

Jesus Heals on the Sabbath

Another time Jesus went into the synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. 2 Some of them were looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, so they watched him closely to see if he would heal him on the Sabbath. 3 Jesus said to the man with the shriveled hand,“Stand up in front of everyone.”

4 Then Jesus asked them,“Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they remained silent.

5 He looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts, said to the man,“Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored. 6 Then the Pharisees went out and began to plot with the Herodians how they might kill Jesus.

==========

Mark 4: 35-41

Jesus Calms the Storm

35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples,“Let us go over to the other side.” 36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him,“Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”

39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves,“Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.

40 He said to his disciples,“Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”

41 They were terrified and asked each other,“Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#287951 May 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Luke 6:6-5

Jesus Is Lord of the Sabbath

6 One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and his disciples began to pick some heads of grain, rub them in their hands and eat the kernels. 2 Some of the Pharisees asked,“Why are you doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

3 Jesus answered them,“Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4 He entered the house of God, and taking the consecrated bread, he ate what is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions.” 5 Then Jesus said to them,“The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

=========

Luke 9:18-20

Peter Declares That Jesus Is the Messiah

18 Once when Jesus was praying in private and his disciples were with him, he asked them,“Who do the crowds say I am?”

19 They replied,“Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, that one of the prophets of long ago has come back to life.”

20 “But what about you?” he asked.“Who do you say I am?”

Peter answered,“God’s Messiah.”

==========

Luke 12:8-12

8 “I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God. 9 But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God. 10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

11 “When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, 12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.”

---------

Luke 24:36-49

Jesus Appears to the Disciples

36 While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them,“Peace be with you.”

37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38 He said to them,“Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

40 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them,“Do you have anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate it in their presence.

44 He said to them,“This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them,“This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”
henry

Aue, Germany

#287952 May 20, 2013
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you be right henry when there are Billions and Billions of people on planet earth who believe in GOD.
Science is the real truth and not an irreal god. Yes Billions are uneducated. That is the crime of capitalism!
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287953 May 20, 2013
Dear Francis...what should we ban now besides your ignorance? With so many gun laws all ready on the books one would never expect gun violence in Califoria...perhaps we ban gun laws? Or open minded people such as yourself...lol...open minded my asssse...

Authorities were searching for at least two gunmen who walked up to the door of a Northern California home and opened fire, killing a 10-year-old girl and injuring her parents.

"Whoever these gunmen were, they were directly outside the front door," Sacramento County sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Jason Ramos said Sunday. "This was not a drive-by. These gunmen approached the house and shot inside."

Sacramento County sheriff's officials suspected that a family member had gang ties.

"You have to be hard pressed to think a 10-year-old girl was the intended target," Ramos said.

At least a dozen shots were fired from two guns at the house on Saturday night, killing Elvira Campos and injuring her parents, Ramos said. The names of the parents — both of whom were in their 40s and were expected to survive — were not released.

The girl's 14-year-old brother was playing video games in a back room and was not hurt.

Detectives were canvassing the neighborhood for possible witnesses and forensic units were gathering evidence at the home Sunday, where a cluster of bullet holes marked a front window and more holes were found in the front door and a window frame.

The family had lived in the home in an area about 11 miles northeast of downtown Sacramento for less than a year, Ramos said. There were no records of sheriff's officials being sent there previously, he said.

"I can't even imagine what would bring people to do that," neighbor James Corbett told The Associated Press. Corbett, who lives about three houses down from where the girl was shot, described the neighborhood as quiet, with a "bunch of young families."

On Sunday morning, about a half dozen grieving relatives arrived at the home, The Sacramento Bee reported.

"We have no idea what happened — she was a very happy little girl," Tony Reys, the uncle of the girl, told the newspaper.

Sheriff's officials were also investigating a separate shooting Sunday morning that took place not far from the home. The victim of that shooting — a 32-year-old man who survived — was "definitely a gang member" and detectives were looking at the possibility the shootings were related, Ramos said.
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287954 May 20, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
History proves the Garden of Eden was in Iraq.
History also proves that these places no longer exist now that everyone walks around with a cell phone capable of video recording...ironic isn't it tinyearl?

P.S....please let frankie know that buffet owns the TRAINS that are currently being utilized to bring the heavy crude from canada to the refineries in the deep south...hence that is why he bought hisself a guvmint slave to oppose the pipeline...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287955 May 20, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is the real truth and not an irreal god. Yes Billions are uneducated. That is the crime of capitalism!
Are there any crimes that capitalism isn't responsible for?...lol
spocko

Oakland, CA

#287956 May 20, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ my friend,
You cannot have it both ways.
Either JESUS was a liar and a fraud, OR, HE was GOD came down from Heaven and born of a virgin.
The diameter of the observable universe is about 93 billion light-years, putting the edge of the observable universe at about 46–47 billion light-years away. Would you care to point out where exactly your Gawd came from in heavens!!?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#287957 May 20, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
History also proves that these places no longer exist now that everyone walks around with a cell phone capable of video recording...ironic isn't it tinyearl?
P.S....please let frankie know that buffet owns the TRAINS that are currently being utilized to bring the heavy crude from canada to the refineries in the deep south...hence that is why he bought hisself a guvmint slave to oppose the pipeline...
Oh yeah, crude-by-rail, another BS, dumber than a sack of hammers, rightwingnuz fairy tale attempting to vilify the arch-enemy Warren Buffet, who keeps poking holes into their brainless support of “less taxes for the rich” scheme. the simple fact is, there is a plentiful supplies of lighter crude oil from the Bakken shale formation in ND, a 1000 miles closer to the Gulf than the hub of the Alberta environmental disastrous mess.
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287958 May 20, 2013
Today's OBUMBLE update...
Media Finally Gets It: Obama Is a Joke on Civil Liberties

Look around today, and it's easy to find a news story or column criticizing President Obama and his Justice Department for going after reporters' phone records.(Like these in the Washington Post, Politico, and the New York Times.) To which Glenn Greenwald at the Guardian can only say, it's about time. The Obama administration, he writes, has been trampling civil liberties from the get-go and getting a free pass from the media. But now that the media is the target, there's suddenly hell to pay.

"For years, the Obama administration has been engaged in pervasive spying on American Muslim communities and dissident groups," writes Greenwald. Don't forget its renewal of the Patriot Act, its embrace of warrantless eavesdropping, and its overzealous prosecution of whistleblowers. The media largely stayed silent. "Leave to the side how morally grotesque it is to oppose rights assaults only when they affect you," he writes. "The pragmatic point is that it is vital to oppose such assaults in the first instance no matter who is targeted because such assaults, when unopposed, become institutionalized." If a GOP president had Obama's record on civil liberties and transparency, progressives would be outraged, writes Greenwald. And he thinks a crucial aspect of Obama's legacy is how much he has "transformed and degraded so many progressive precincts."
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287959 May 20, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, crude-by-rail, another BS, dumber than a sack of hammers, rightwingnuz fairy tale attempting to vilify the arch-enemy Warren Buffet, who keeps poking holes into their brainless support of “less taxes for the rich” scheme. the simple fact is, there is a plentiful supplies of lighter crude oil from the Bakken shale formation in ND, a 1000 miles closer to the Gulf than the hub of the Alberta environmental disastrous mess.
Hurry francis...Rachel Maddyke is on MSNBC selling the sheeple on canada's destruction of the environment...even though 97% of it is being produced by in-situ methods with no tailing ponds required...and perhaps you can explain what pipeline is proposed for the Bakken shale oil as well?
In the meantime, all aboard? Thanks Obumble for making the rich richer...and protecting your rich white master Warren...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287960 May 20, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, crude-by-rail, another BS, dumber than a sack of hammers, rightwingnuz fairy tale attempting to vilify the arch-enemy Warren Buffet...
Fairy tale you say...have a good day Mr. Open mindedness...what an ignoramus twit...

http://switchboard.nrdc.org/blogs/aswift/reut...

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/04/18/1...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287961 May 20, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
The diameter of the observable universe is about 93 billion light-years, putting the edge of the observable universe at about 46–47 billion light-years away. Would you care to point out where exactly your Gawd came from in heavens!!?
Third moon to the right...the one that split in half once...before it rejoined
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287962 May 20, 2013
A North Carolina toddler found a handgun in his parents' bedroom Saturday afternoon, put it in his mouth ... and the gun went off, authorities say. The Asheboro boy is "extremely lucky," a sheriff's captain tells the Winston-Salem Journal, because the bullet missed his vital organs (as well as his vital arteries and spinal cord, My Fox 8 reports), and he is expected to survive. Deputies called it a miracle. The 2-year-old's father, to whom the gun belonged, was home at the time, as were his mother and three older siblings. Authorities will decide whether to charge the parents.

Any recommendations on BANS or laws to make sure this never happens again in the future, Frankie?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#287964 May 20, 2013
ABs wrote:
A North Carolina toddler found a handgun in his parents' bedroom Saturday afternoon, put it in his mouth ... and the gun went off, authorities say. The Asheboro boy is "extremely lucky," a sheriff's captain tells the Winston-Salem Journal, because the bullet missed his vital organs (as well as his vital arteries and spinal cord, My Fox 8 reports), and he is expected to survive. Deputies called it a miracle. The 2-year-old's father, to whom the gun belonged, was home at the time, as were his mother and three older siblings. Authorities will decide whether to charge the parents.
Any recommendations on BANS or laws to make sure this never happens again in the future, Frankie?
But of course, if only those parents had a gun they could have shot the gun before the gun shot the toddler. Don't you remember? The more guns the less gun injuries, the more guns the less gun death, the more guns the less gun crime - ye friggen gunloon!
ABs

Decatur, GA

#287965 May 20, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
But of course, if only those parents had a gun they could have shot the gun before the gun shot the toddler. Don't you remember? The more guns the less gun injuries, the more guns the less gun death, the more guns the less gun crime - ye friggen gunloon!
LOL...very well said ol chap...touché!

But since we can't put guns back in Pandora's box, how do bans help a Dammam thing? Seriously, what the frick would a law requiring annual registration of guns help? I'm all ears...impress me...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#287967 May 20, 2013
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

No regret” for killing 160 people
No More Truthless Heroes

By Joshua Brollier

February 14, 2013 "Information Clearing House" - On February 11, 2013, the New York Times reported about the funeral of retired Navy Seal sniper Chris Kyle, portraying him as a “warrior and family man.” The highly politicized and massive public funeral, held at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, points to the severe moral schizophrenia our nation has internalized. We see ourselves as the shining “city on a hill” and therefore a U.S. citizen who kills people in other lands becomes an unquestionably renowned hero. This must appear offensive and ridiculous to many people living beyond U.S. borders.

Mr. Kyle was a man who professed “no regret” for killing 160 people during his four tours in Iraq. A fellow soldier and former Marine, struggling with PTSD, murdered Kyle at point blank range while they were practice shooting for fun and “therapy” at a gun range in Texas. Despite the bizarrely karmic nature of his death and setting aside the much needed conversation on gun culture and pervasive violence which our nation is being forced to address, I am just as worried by our collective need to construct a fig leaf cover up over the legacy of Chris Kyle.
Glorifying Chris Kyle’s story integrally connects to U.S. media and military efforts to affect public perception of ongoing warfare in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as expanding war on terror policies which the Obama administration is aggressively attempting to institutionalize. Now, the U.S. not only retains the right to attack those whom it dubiously asserted were responsible for 9/11, it regards the entire world as a potential battlefield, dismissing any need for constituent and congressional approval nor any evidence of an attack being plannedagainst the U.S. Though President Obama ran on an anti-war platform, he needs the legacy of Chris Kyle and others as much as any of the previous war criminals from the Bush years to sustain his current militarism.

For example, the same issue of the New York Times reports that President Obama awarded a medal of honor to Clinton Romesha for “defending an outpost” in Afghanistan. Mr. Romesha was wounded in the neck in the course of action. He was also lauded for calling in airstrikes that killed 30 Taliban fighters. As a public, to what degree do we question why Mr. Romesha nearly lost his life?

Was it to protect us? How informed are we as to who these “Taliban fighters” are, and why do we have the right to take their lives or to occupy their country in the first place? This is especially relevant as the current administration attempts to legally justify its even broader parameters for killing which automatically categorize every male 16 or older as a militant. Other members of the military command structure have been quite willing to extend that logic to "children with potential hostile intent."

So as we consider these issues of legality and US legacy, perhaps we should step back and remember a few big picture facts about Iraq and Afghanistan. The belligerent and misplaced aggression and ensuing chaos after the 2003 Iraq invasion led to hundreds of thousands of casualties (over a million by some calculations) and the largest refugee crisis in the region since the Nakba, with over 4 million Iraqis being displaced from their homes.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#287968 May 20, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all...but once in a while you have to lighten up and not take everything so seriously, comrade, do you not agree? Even muhammid had a sense of humor so I hear...
Your loose comments against our prophet and his character, is a sure sign to me that you do not want to discuss with me.

I warned you about it, in the beginning.

Do not cross the limit.

Sense of humor is OK, but it should have its limits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 2 min Paki_Jatt_Soorma 370,224
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 5 min Thinking 50,580
Tomb of a Hero 7 min Howard Stern 6
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min Frijoles 69,378
Skinheads Party in Majdanek 10 min Balsa Jovovic 83
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 12 min Thinking 22,209
Marin exhibit reflects renewal of Jewish art in... 20 min The Iron Dicktator 44
•••

World News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••