Albania's Independence Day Flares Ethnic Tensions in Macedonia

Nov 25, 2012 Full story: Sofia News Agency 353

The Macedonian flag has been allegedly burned by ethnic Albanians in Skopje, ahead of the 100th anniversary of Albania's independence.

Full Story
First Prev
of 18
Next Last
fyromians are subhumans

Bulgaria

#1 Nov 25, 2012
"A few hours later, a group of around 30 people attacked and beat up several children."

Looks like things are heating up in fyromistan.
Xenofon

Toronto, Canada

#2 Nov 25, 2012
"An "Eagles' March," organized by ethnic Albanians, is taking place in Skopje Sunday with participants wearing the Albanian national flag colors – red and black."

Can't believe you Turkoslavs don't have the balls to put a stop to this march by Albanian nationals. No guts, no balls, no history, no country..........Welcome to Vardarska Banovina!

Makedonia was born Greek!
zika

Asia/Pacific Region

#3 Nov 25, 2012
Xenofon wrote:
"An "Eagles' March," organized by ethnic Albanians, is taking place in Skopje Sunday with participants wearing the Albanian national flag colors – red and black."
Can't believe you Turkoslavs don't have the balls to put a stop to this march by Albanian nationals. No guts, no balls, no history, no country..........Welcome to Vardarska Banovina!
word is that very soon in greece the the arvanites will be asking for there country back , the country they created and fought for well they will be asking WE WANT IT BACK, and the so called greeks can go back to anatolia in turky. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Alexander the Great

Athens, Greece

#4 Nov 25, 2012
I love this!
zika

Asia/Pacific Region

#5 Nov 25, 2012
Alexander the Great wrote:
I love this!
well you must have arvanites blood and you are not one of the 4 milion so called greeks that the church found in anatolia turky
CANADEZOS

Toronto, Canada

#6 Nov 25, 2012
zika wrote:
<quoted text> well you must have arvanites blood and you are not one of the 4 milion so called greeks that the church found in anatolia turky
YUGOOSLAVIAN SLAVIC SCUM==>>YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!!THE ALBANIANS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO REBEL FOR THEIR RIGHTS!AFTERALL THEY CONSTITUTE 40% OF THE POPULATION!!GREECE SHOULD SUPPLY THEM WITH MILITARY ARMS AND WIPE OUT THE SLAVOBULGARIAN FANATIC SAVAGES!
Born free - Molon lave

Adelaide, Australia

#7 Nov 26, 2012
zika wrote:
<quoted text>word is that very soon in greece the the arvanites will be asking for there country back , the country they created and fought for well they will be asking WE WANT IT BACK, and the so called greeks can go back to anatolia in turky. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Keep dreaming skippy. Dont you remember the nineties when we packed the lot of you up and sent you all back home.

It wasn't the Arvanites either. They as everyone knows were Greek. Just go and ask one.
Born free - Molon lave

Adelaide, Australia

#8 Nov 26, 2012
Two days ago, during an official visit to Albania's capital Tirana, the automobile of Macedonian Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski's was littered with eggs and plastic cups and a young man can be seen on You Tube, torching the Macedonian flag.
Xenofon

Toronto, Canada

#9 Nov 26, 2012
zika wrote:
<quoted text>word is that very soon in greece the the arvanites will be asking for there country back , the country they created and fought for well they will be asking WE WANT IT BACK, and the so called greeks can go back to anatolia in turky. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I'd be a little more concerned on what's happenning in your own backyard Turkoslav. Tick tock tick tick....Getcha popcorn ready!

“Liberalism”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 Nov 26, 2012
West base on liberalism-multiculturalism-fr eedom.

If Albania and Macedonia base on nation aren't west countries, and west will not support them to join eu.
ACDC

Athens, Greece

#11 Nov 26, 2012
zika wrote:
The only person wich is back in Anatolia os oviously you as you are writting from some in Asia as i see!!! You are gone more far than it was nesecery. Turkey and Caucasus is much closer ;-). About the Arbanites, well miss Zika, yes, as an Arbanite, im asking my country back from the politicians who lead us into such a crisis and im asking my country back (that my ancestors fought)from elegal immigrands like many of your fielthy nation!! And that country of mine and of all Arbanites of cource has nothing to do as always, with anything Albanian!! Greece is our pride, our mother our source of knollege!!! Not your GOAT TURKALBANIAN CULTURE!! ;-))) Salom!!
Alex

Melbourne, Australia

#12 Nov 27, 2012
Hey Greeks....shouldn't you be selling your sisters and mothers for Ten EURO a night to pay off your DEBT to the WORLD.

Don't worry about what is going on in Macedonia, you have other issues to deal with such as Venerial disease!!
Born free - Molon lave

Adelaide, Australia

#13 Nov 27, 2012
Alex wrote:
Hey Greeks....shouldn't you be selling your sisters and mothers for Ten EURO a night to pay off your DEBT to the WORLD.
Don't worry about what is going on in Macedonia, you have other issues to deal with such as Venerial disease!!
Another skop who thinks he is Maco. Hey pal I would worry about the 1 euro the Albs are going to give you for your mothers and sisters.

Now mate is it Alexandros or Aleksander? Friggin clown.
ACDC

Athens, Greece

#14 Nov 27, 2012
Alex wrote:
I was ready to do that my friend but, you see YOUR LADIES HAVE COUGHT all the prostitute places SINCE 1990!! Its so "unfair" that you know!!! hahahaha
Bato

Knittelfeld, Austria

#15 Nov 27, 2012
ACDC wrote:
<quoted text>The only person wich is back in Anatolia os oviously you as you are writting from some in Asia as i see!!! You are gone more far than it was nesecery. Turkey and Caucasus is much closer ;-). About the Arbanites, well miss Zika, yes, as an Arbanite, im asking my country back from the politicians who lead us into such a crisis and im asking my country back (that my ancestors fought)from elegal immigrands like many of your fielthy nation!! And that country of mine and of all Arbanites of cource has nothing to do as always, with anything Albanian!! Greece is our pride, our mother our source of knollege!!! Not your GOAT TURKALBANIAN CULTURE!! ;-))) Salom!!
If you indeed were Arvanit, you would not want any thing to do with 4 million Anatolian Turkosporoi of 1923.
Aristidh Kola was Proud Albanian/ Arvanit.
Niko Styllo is a great Albanian from Chameria that is showing the whole truth to the whole World.
Grexit is in the corner.....
zika

Asia/Pacific Region

#16 Nov 27, 2012
ACDC wrote:
<quoted text>The only person wich is back in Anatolia os oviously you as you are writting from some in Asia as i see!!! You are gone more far than it was nesecery. Turkey and Caucasus is much closer ;-). About the Arbanites, well miss Zika, yes, as an Arbanite, im asking my country back from the politicians who lead us into such a crisis and im asking my country back (that my ancestors fought)from elegal immigrands like many of your fielthy nation!! And that country of mine and of all Arbanites of cource has nothing to do as always, with anything Albanian!! Greece is our pride, our mother our source of knollege!!! Not your GOAT TURKALBANIAN CULTURE!! ;-))) Salom!!
Arvanites (Greek: &#913;&#961;&#946; &#945;&#957;&#943; &#964;&#949;&#962; , Arvanitika: Arbëreshë or &#913;&#961;b&#949 ;&#816;&#961;&#949 ;&#963;&#776;&#949 ;&#816;) are a population group in Greece who traditionally speak Arvanitika, a dialect of the Albanian language. They settled in Greece during the late Middle Ages and were the dominant population element of some regions of the Peloponnese and Attica until the 19th century.[1] Arvanites today self-identify as Greeks[2][3][4] as the result of a process of assimilation, and do not consider themselves to belong to Albania or the Albanian nation.[5] They call themselves Arvanites (in Greek) and Arbëror (in their language); the communities in northern Greece also use the term Shqiptar (the same used by Albanians of Albania), a term strongly disliked by all the other Arvanites, who also resent being called Albanians.[3] Arvanitika is in a state of attrition due to language shift towards Greek and large-scale internal migration to the cities and subsequent intermingling of the population during the 20th century.
zika

Asia/Pacific Region

#17 Nov 27, 2012
Arvanites in Greece originated from Albanian settlers who moved south at different times between the 13th and 16th century from areas in what is today southern Albania.[6][page needed] The reasons for this migration are not entirely clear and may be manifold. In many instances the Arvanites were invited by the Byzantine and Latin rulers of the time. They were employed to re-settle areas that had been largely depopulated through wars, epidemics, and other reasons, and they were employed as soldiers. Some later movements are also believed to have been motivated to evade Islamization after the Ottoman conquest. The main waves of migration into southern Greece started around 1300, reached a peak some time during the 14th century, and ended around 1600.[7] Arvanites first reached Thessaly, then Attica, and finally the Peloponnese.[8]

The poem "Thourios" by the 18th Century poet and Greek national hero Rigas Feraios included a call upon Arvanites, as upon other Christian Orthodox peoples living at the time in the general area of Greece, to join in rebelling against Ottoman rule. Indeed, during the Greek War of Independence, many Arvanites played an important role fighting on the Greek side against the Ottomans, often as national Greek heroes. With the formation of modern nations and nation-states in the Balkans, Arvanites have come to be regarded as an integral part of the Greek nation. In 1899, leading representatives of the Arvanites in Greece, among them descendants of the independence heroes, published a manifesto calling their fellow Albanians outside Greece to join in the creation of a common Albanian-Greek state.[9]
zika

Asia/Pacific Region

#18 Nov 27, 2012
feel sory for you the year is 2012 and ye still reading greek church history,
Bronzilla

Thessaloníki, Greece

#19 Nov 27, 2012
zika wrote:
<quoted text>Arvanites (Greek:
whatever ;))

http://www.azerb.com/az-caucasus-ancient.gif
Bronzilla

Thessaloníki, Greece

#20 Nov 27, 2012
zika wrote:
feel sory for you the year is 2012 and ye still reading greek church history,
alahu akbar

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shrink decapitates hubby, hides remains around ... 20 min Dolmance 1
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 27 min Thinking 23,185
NATO's North Atlantic Council Condemns Russia's... (Mar '14) 34 min Pro Ukraine 11,469
a Whitewashing Ukraine's Nazi collaborators 'mo... (Mar '14) 39 min Pro Ukraine 1,022
Bloody Sunday soldiers facing possible charges ... (Oct '13) 45 min rock white 45
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 48 min No Surprise 26,791
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 49 min Earthling-1 33,462
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 hr bmz 390,968
More from around the web