Russia marks 70th anniversary of end of Battle of Stalingrad, a turning point in Second World War

Feb 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Waterloo Region Record

In this photo from Friday, Russian President Vladimir Putin speaks with Second World War veteran Ilya Filatov at a Moscow reception marking the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Stalingrad.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Feb 5, 2013

“Liberalism”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Russia finished the nazism, finished the fascist USSR, and now have the dictator Putin.

“Hope for Best- Expect Worst”

Since: Jan 07

Somewhere in Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Thank You brave Russian soldiers, people and partizans for defeating the homicidal, genocidal German maniacs and for saving humanity in Eastern Europe as well as Russia so the people of Eastern Europe can enjoyu life in their own countries. The Battle of Stalingrad,proved the Germans were not invincible and was not only a great moral victory, but marked the destruction and capture of Germany's Sixth army and Marshall Von Paulus.

The Battle of Stalingrad was followed soon after by the greatest tank battle ever at Kursk/Orel and marked the destruction of German armor and the german defeat in the East as they begam retreat back to Germany.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••