created by: Topix Pollster | May 15, 2008

World News

127,842 votes

How Long Will US Troops Be In Iraq?

Click on an option to vote

  • 1 year
  • 2 years
  • 5 years
  • 10 years
  • 20 years
  • 50 years
  • 100+ years
Comments
141 - 160 of 12,824 Comments Last updated Dec 18, 2010
fed up with the mess

United States

#158 May 21, 2008
Bush lied and got us all mixed up in this web of deciept. Let him fix it! The only way the US should stay in Iraq is to declare it a US territory, take over the country and start pumping that oil right over here. Then all will be well. Two problems solved. Our gas prices go down and Iraq will be a US territory governed by US law. Problem solved!!!!!
Orange County blues

Eustis, FL

#159 May 21, 2008
fed up with the mess wrote:
Bush lied and got us all mixed up in this web of deciept. Let him fix it! The only way the US should stay in Iraq is to declare it a US territory, take over the country and start pumping that oil right over here. Then all will be well. Two problems solved. Our gas prices go down and Iraq will be a US territory governed by US law. Problem solved!!!!!
Except there IS a problem- who said Iraqi citizens WANT to be a US territory governed by US law? What would give the US the RIGHT to declare it a US territory?

“The Cat that saw you Naked”

Since: Feb 08

Ambler, PA

#160 May 21, 2008
Orange County blues wrote:
<quoted text>They don't get it and they never will.
Either that, or the truth is just too horrific for them to face and they can't deal with not being in their comfort zone, so instead of facing the truth, they prefer to loyally- yet blindly- follow.
Alice in Wonderland comes to mind when reading the post of these sheeple. I read your earlier post and I agree 100 %. Like they said about Frank Rizzo the ex Phildephia, PA Mayor whose ignorance was only surpassed by those who voted for him.
Sir Loin Tips

Alpharetta, GA

#161 May 21, 2008
Cue wrote:
<quoted text>
We had a presence in Cambodia long before it was made aware to the American public. I crossed that river a few times myself at the request the Army command in 1968-69. I know because I carried the map in my helmet.
PEACE
Wow...thank you for your service. It's good to talk to people on this forum that have 1st hand accounts of thread topics.
Marcus

North East, MD

#162 May 21, 2008
go to this web site and see the pics there .. see what bush doesn't want you to see

http://haemonsantigone.wordpress.com/

“The Cat that saw you Naked”

Since: Feb 08

Ambler, PA

#163 May 21, 2008
Mad Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
OH....god a post by Blake.
I was wondering how long it would take before this thread was invaded by racist hypocritical Anti-American spam. I didn't mention a political party did I?
Hypothetical scenario's too much for ya huh?
Operation Ajax was hypothetical, it was for real. People lost their lives because of it and you call me anti-America. It's called being accountable. It's called telling the truth and the truth is that America did these dirty deeds.

Now you come up with this bushcrap about what you assume might happen. While I post about what did happen. Who is in the fantasy world here? Sure as Hell ain't me.

Oh you don't need to mention a political party, all you had to do was show your bigotry. America and the CIA covert operations have killed more people then these alleged Muslim Extremist. And no I will no provide you with data. Find it yourself, you do know how to search and research?

“The Cat that saw you Naked”

Since: Feb 08

Ambler, PA

#164 May 21, 2008
Cue wrote:
<quoted text>
We had a presence in Cambodia long before it was made aware to the American public. I crossed that river a few times myself at the request the Army command in 1968-69. I know because I carried the map in my helmet.
PEACE
My father who was a Korean War Vet [Tail Gunner AF], but while we were stationed at Shape Army/Air Force Base outside of Paris France in the early 60's. He flew supplies into and out of Cambodia and Vietnam. He wasn't a pilot, but some sort of crew member of the suppliy missions.

I served during the ending years of the Vietnam Conflict and got out in 1979.

“confirmer of false reckonings”

Since: Jan 08

Youngsville NC

#165 May 21, 2008
Every country we've ever exercised military power in still has a US base in it: Germany, Korea, Vietnam... we will always have military in Iraq
Sir Loin Tips

Alpharetta, GA

#166 May 21, 2008
full spectrum wrote:
Every country we've ever exercised military power in still has a US base in it: Germany, Korea, Vietnam... we will always have military in Iraq
I've always thought, even at the beginning of the second Iraq war, that we were really going in there to establish a permanent base of operations.....personally, I don't think it's a bad idea.

“ after the fire flowers grow”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#167 May 21, 2008
Preston2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why on earth wouldn't he survive long enough to assume the presidency?
Sure, there are plenty of racist idiots out there, but assuming one of them will take matters, and a sniper rifle, into his own hands is fearmongering of the highest order.
And thanks to the current adminsitration's overuse we, as a society, have become jaded to that tactic.
I based my assumption on past experience and not on fear.It is certain that human nature in all it's forms will manifest itself in short order.We can be absolutely certain that there will be a assaination of this man.It would serve numerous purposes both for the politco aparatus and the intellegence community.
Just like the Cia took the blame for bad intellegnce in regard to WMDs in Iraq then backtracked after getting the funding it desired to carry out the operations it is charged with,this assasination will serve the same sort of obfuscatory function,the riots and crime waves will lead to more funding for police and intellegence comunities alike,a kneejerk reactionary posed for the people with a radically different agenda then the transitory statements made after the fact.Can you say patriot act?
The facts of the past stand as a broad condemnation for the acts of the future,this will happen and the pie in the sky well wishers and self dellusioned dreamers will cry conspiracy,The sad fact is that change must come slowly or social ripples turn into a tidal wave of social chaos.We saw this time and time again in the last century albiet the last millenium as well.
Cue

“Rack-em, Sit, Shut-up, Repeat”

Since: Feb 08

Your Gene POOL Needs Chlorine

#168 May 21, 2008
Sir Loin Tips wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always thought, even at the beginning of the second Iraq war, that we were really going in there to establish a permanent base of operations.....personally, I don't think it's a bad idea.
In my view our initial military presence “Prince Sultan Air Base” built in the 1990’s, in Saudi Arabia, may have been our gravest mistake. Like morons we built it on the road to MECCA the holiest site in the Arab world. Another military base to protect oil supplies would exasperate the existing problem of the American infidels invading the region.

Fifteen of the 19 alleged Sept. 11 hijackers were Saudis, and Saudi-born Osama bin Laden cites the U.S. military presence in his homeland as a reason for his hatred of America.
We as a country do not understand the people or the culture to win a war in Iraq. Proven by the simple fact we sent a woman, Condoleeza Rice to negotiate peace in a region that does not exactly value a female opinion. Bush and his choice for secretary of state is just another example of the total incompetence of this presidency.
Santa Effin Claus

Saint Petersburg, FL

#169 May 21, 2008
Nuri al-Maliki has McCain right but the short hairs. The Iraqi President will be the decider of when troops leave.
McCain has promised a daily open dialogue with him.

http://havenworks.com/language/morse-code/
Mad Dog

San Diego, CA

#170 May 21, 2008
Cue wrote:
<quoted text>
In my view our initial military presence “Prince Sultan Air Base” built in the 1990’s, in Saudi Arabia, may have been our gravest mistake. Like morons we built it on the road to MECCA the holiest site in the Arab world. Another military base to protect oil supplies would exasperate the existing problem of the American infidels invading the region.
Fifteen of the 19 alleged Sept. 11 hijackers were Saudis, and Saudi-born Osama bin Laden cites the U.S. military presence in his homeland as a reason for his hatred of America.
We as a country do not understand the people or the culture to win a war in Iraq. Proven by the simple fact we sent a woman, Condoleeza Rice to negotiate peace in a region that does not exactly value a female opinion. Bush and his choice for secretary of state is just another example of the total incompetence of this presidency.
Cue

Prince Sultan Air Base was built by permission of the Saudi Government. The US military transferred ownership back to Saudi Arabia August 26 2003.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facili...

Bin Laden approached Saudi Arabia wanting to bring his Mujaheddin in to fight Saddam. Stating that this was a Muslim issue and should be handled by muslims.

Saudi Arabia said no and ask specifically for US Troops.

While true that the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi's.
I think at the time you would be hard pressed to get any one of them to admit any fellowship to their home country.

Muslim prorities are different than we are used to.
1. Islam and Allah above all else
2. loyalty to the tribe
3. loyalty to the family
4. loyalty to the State (time willing)

You mentioned Rice and respect for women in the Middle East. What would be your take on Hillary has persident traveling to the Middle East? Would the same things apply?
Mad Dog

San Diego, CA

#171 May 21, 2008
Sorry

I should have said Coalition troops

Saudi Arabia said no and ask specifically for US Troops
Cincy344

Lancaster, OH

#172 May 21, 2008
For those of you who believe we should continue this war, how do you suppose it should be paid for?

Should we keep borrowing money from China, possibly the biggest police states in the world, or should the Federal Reserve print more money? Pick your poison, because that is the only way. It seems many people think it is not possible for the United States to have another depression. Open your eyes, it's on the way. Inflation is getting higher every single day, and it's only a matter of time before the bubble bursts.
Cue

“Rack-em, Sit, Shut-up, Repeat”

Since: Feb 08

Your Gene POOL Needs Chlorine

#173 May 21, 2008
Mad Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Cue
Prince Sultan Air Base was built by permission of the Saudi Government. The US military transferred ownership back to Saudi Arabia August 26 2003.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facili...
Bin Laden approached Saudi Arabia wanting to bring his Mujaheddin in to fight Saddam. Stating that this was a Muslim issue and should be handled by muslims.
Saudi Arabia said no and ask specifically for US Troops.
While true that the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi's.
I think at the time you would be hard pressed to get any one of them to admit any fellowship to their home country.
Muslim prorities are different than we are used to.
1. Islam and Allah above all else
2. loyalty to the tribe
3. loyalty to the family
4. loyalty to the State (time willing)
You mentioned Rice and respect for women in the Middle East. What would be your take on Hillary has persident traveling to the Middle East? Would the same things apply?
I would send her husband :). Might get him out of the house so he would not be underfoot so much.

Same would apply if Obama has the nomination and Hillary takes the VP {which will not happen in my view}. Send Bill Clinton abroad and keep him there. Out of site out of mind so to speak albeit he should be able to do some good in that capacity.
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#174 May 21, 2008
Cue wrote:
<quoted text>
Everone forgets China.
They are near completion of their new under the mountain submarine base for nuclear subs that they already have which can launch an attack anywhere in the world. China has the largest trained military drawfing our own and now thanks to our own ineptitude the most diverse and best trained manufacturing base to go to war. I have more concerns with that country than any other. It is just one reason why I maintain a home on a mountain top in Colombia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...
And I maintain a home on a mountain top in China
Mad Dog

San Diego, CA

#175 May 21, 2008
Blake_AFVET wrote:
<quoted text>
Operation Ajax was hypothetical, it was for real. People lost their lives because of it and you call me anti-America. It's called being accountable. It's called telling the truth and the truth is that America did these dirty deeds.
Now you come up with this bushcrap about what you assume might happen. While I post about what did happen. Who is in the fantasy world here? Sure as Hell ain't me.
Oh you don't need to mention a political party, all you had to do was show your bigotry. America and the CIA covert operations have killed more people then these alleged Muslim Extremist. And no I will no provide you with data. Find it yourself, you do know how to search and research?
Thank you for your support. Your grasp of history was never in doubt. Obviously your vast knowledge is wasted on us. Perhaps you should lobby before the congress to "out" the CIA, FBI, NSA, and the State department as well has DIA?

Last time I checked everybody does "what if" scenarios be they Liberal or Conservative.

I guess your management style is dictator,
"believe and do as I say or be called a neo-con twit racist"?

Your not gonna rally many to your cause that way.
Mad Dog

San Diego, CA

#176 May 21, 2008
Cue wrote:
<quoted text>
I would send her husband :). Might get him out of the house so he would not be underfoot so much.
Same would apply if Obama has the nomination and Hillary takes the VP {which will not happen in my view}. Send Bill Clinton abroad and keep him there. Out of site out of mind so to speak albeit he should be able to do some good in that capacity.
I agree with that. Maybe Bill could become Mid East Ambassader.

Barack would be interesting has president, He's an unknown quantity.

Hillary worries me a bit because behind closed doors how much of the dicision process would would Bill input? McCain is just there by default.
Orange County blues

Eustis, FL

#177 May 21, 2008
Mad Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that. Maybe Bill could become Mid East Ambassader.
Barack would be interesting has president, He's an unknown quantity.
Hillary worries me a bit because behind closed doors how much of the dicision process would would Bill input? McCain is just there by default.
I suspect that Bill would play a major part in the decision process- not only would his influence on Hillary prove invaluable, I don't think she would hesitate to ask for or act on his input.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 1 min PUTIN a NAZI PIG 887
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 2 min Faith 364,499
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Uk... 4 min FASCIST RUSSIA 1,079
Thousands of Abu Ghraib photos set for release 4 min Asian Guy 19
Russian military troops 'deployed to Ukraine', ... 5 min FASCIST RUSSIAN I... 9
UK Jews feel anti-Semitic backlash 5 min The Prophet PBUH 1,398
Police hunting anti-gay pamphleteers: one dress... 6 min Yakitori 9
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min Frijoles 68,958
Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who ... 1 hr more poles less r... 2,631
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

World News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••